Chapter 11

Married With Him

 

After Heechul left for the airport, she immediately started looking in her office first. She decided that since it was her office, she would have important documents in her desk. She was looking through her desk and stopped for a while.

"What am I doing? Is this called looking for something or snooping around for something?" She was so confused. She didn't know exactly what she was looking for. All of a sudden, the phone rang. She picked it up and answered it.

"I forgot my files on the night stand. I'm coming back to get it. Can you go get it for me?"

"Sure."

She went upstairs and right then he came into the house. He saw that the door to her office was open so he thought that she was in there. He went in and found the room a mess. Papers were thrown everywhere. Designs were scattered on the floor. He knew what was happening. He knew that she would be suspicious especially after she had noticed that the house was too feminine. He just realized that their contract was in the file he told her to get. The contract that says, they'll get married, but stay out of each other's lives was in her hand right now. He rushed up the stairs to their room. She was standing there, holding the file in one hand and something in the other. He went up to her.

When he finally reached her and grabbed her hand, she jerked away.

"Get away from me."

"Jiyoung…I...I was going to tell you, but...but..."

She slapped him across the face and dropped everything on the floor. She ran out of the room sobbing quietly and went into her room. He noticed that the contract had just finally fallen out of the manila folder.

"What the..."

He picked up the contract and then finally picked up the other thing. He looked at it and it was a photo. He knew why she was so mad and he had deserved the slap.