Chapter 10

Married With Him

 

"What do you mean do we love each other? Why would you ask such an absurd question?" he asked her furiously.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean it that way. It's just that we seem so distant from each other. It feels like we're just friends, not a couple."

"It's because I've been real busy at the office and I haven't been home lately. Ever since the accident, you've made me realize how important you are to Me." he hugged her and gave her a peck on her forehead.

She knew that he was keeping something from her. She didn't know why he wouldn't tell her, but she felt that she was really close to knowing what it was. Her question had made him mad, so it must have something to do with them being in love with each other. She decided to just let it go this time and she'll try to figure out another time.

After dinner, they went to her office and looked at her latest designs she was planning to launch.

"I design these? Wow, they're so beautiful." she asked excitedly.

"Of course. You own your own company. I've heard it's been doing pretty well this past two years." he said without thinking.

"Heard? How come I didn't tell you about the company doing well?" she asked suspiciously. Her suspicions rose again and she wanted to find out what he was keeping from her again.

"I meant, I meant that I heard it from you. Mianhae." he added abruptly.

She noticed that her office was very formal. There was nothing that showed any signs of her being married. There were no pictures again, and not even anything that ties her to him. She decided that she'll look around again some other time when he wasn't around.

"I'm gonna go and take a bath," she stated walking towards the door. He saw her expression and knew that she was suspecting something. He knew that he needed to do something or she'll suspect even more.

During her bath, she heard the shower was on in the other bathroom. When she finished, she came out and saw him already sitting on their bed reading some files. He looked up at her and smiled. She smiled back, but she didn't know if she wanted to sleep with him. She went to the bed and got under the covers.

"Do you mind if I go back to Incheon tomorrow? I have some work there that I need to finish." he asked her, knowing that she was trying to calm herself.

"It's fine. When will you be back?" she asked anxiously hoping that he would at least be away for a while.

"Maybe a couple of days, but no more than a week...Are you sure you're gonna be okay without me?"

"I've been fine without you for the past two years..." Wait. What did she just say? He was scared that she might have remembered everything already.

"Why did I just say that? For the past two years? What did I mean by that? It just slipped out of my mouth." she was thinking confusedly.

"Uh...what did you just say?" he asked quickly.

"Um…sorry. Must have just slipped. Um...I'll be fine. You go ahead and take care of business."

She turned her back to him and pulled the blanket up to her chin. She acted like she was sleeping until he finally turned off the light and also went to sleep. When he finally fell asleep, did she get to sleep too?

He woke up early the next morning, but found the bed empty. He sat up on the bed and right then, she came out of the bathroom.

"Oh, you're up. What would you like to eat before you go?" She walked over to her closet and was looking for some clothes.

"I'm fine. You don't have to cook anything." He got up from the bed and went into the bathroom.

She noticed that he didn't have a lot of clothes there. She was wondering where the rest of his clothes was. There were probably only five sets of suits and the rest of the clothes were hers. She was getting suspicious, but she couldn't let him know. She was thinking about last night and how odd it felt sleeping with him. It was in her senses that she felt like her bed had gotten smaller. She was really disturbed by it, but had to keep quiet. She was planning on snooping around her own house to look for any clues to her suspicions.