Chapter 23

Married With Him

 

'Business trip' he asked himself while listening to his mother lectures him. "Mianhae. I won't do it again. It's just that it was an emergency." He turned to look at Jiyoung, but she was looking down at the floor.

"Omma, Heechul was just on a business trip. It's ok." She comforted her mother-in-law and hugged her. Her mother-in-law hugged her back.

"I was just worried about you. You are not well yet. He can't just leave when he wants too."

They all decided to go to bed. They both entered the bedroom and he plopped himself onto the bed. Jiyoung got out an extra pillow and blanket and put them on the couch. He noticed it and he got mad that she was going to do this.

"What? Are you so mad that you'll sleep on the couch and not have to be near me?"

She turned to look at him with angry eyes. "I don't want to even be in the same room with you, why I would want to be in the same bed."

He was angry, but he had no rights to say anything any further. He got off the bed and walked up to her. He grabbed her shoulders and pushed her to the bed. She was afraid of what he was going to do.

"What are you doing?" She pushed him, but he was too strong for her. He sat her down on the bed and went to the couch.

"I'll sleep on the couch. You can have the bed." He was fixing the blanket and pillow. "Don't worry. I won't die."

"What are we going to do with my omma?" He turned to look at her, but saw only her back.

"I don't want to talk about it. Since you're back, maybe she'll go home soon."

"Jiyoung...Mianhae. I never wanted you to find out."

"I don't want to talk about it. I'm tired. I just want to go to sleep."

"We have to talk about it."

She was angry that he came back, but she was happy that he came back also, but she still didn't know why he came back. "Why did you come back?"

"I..." He wanted to tell her that he just came back for his stuff, but thought better of it. "I...didn't want to lose you."

"Heechul, it's not going to be the same anymore. I can't look at you and still feel the way I did. I don't want to be in a marriage based on lies. This marriage means nothing to us."

"I came back because I don't want to lose you. I love you and I just realized that after so many years."

"Heechul, we've been friends for a long time. The feelings you have for me is only brother love. It's nothing more than that."

"No. My love for you from before and from now is totally different. I know that our relationship will never be the same."

"It will be. All we have to do is never talk to each other again."

"How are we going to do that? It'll never be the same as to before the accident and after the accident."

"I'm tired. I don't want to talk about it anymore."

"We must." He was getting mad that she is trying to ignore this as if it was something easy to solve. "I love you and I won't leave. That's all I want to say."

"You must leave. After mother is gone, you can go wherever you want."

"What if I want to stay?"

"You can't. I won't let you. You don't live here. This is not your home." She heard him snoring, but knew that he was just lying. "Heechul, do you hear me? You're leaving."