Chapter 12

Married With Him

 

He took one look at the photo and knew that anyone who saw it would think badly of it. He went up to their room and knocked on the door.

"Jiyoung...Open the door." It was quiet and he was concerned. "It's not what you think. I'll tell you everything. Open the door."

Still she didn't open the door. He heard her crying, but then all of a sudden he heard water running. She didn't hear him calling her to open the door. She was listening to the MP3 player and didn't want to think about it. It was quiet so she thought that he probably left for the airport since he was going to be late. She went into the bath tub and took a bath.

He was remembered that he had put an extra key on top of the door. He reached for it and opened the door. He rushed into the bathroom and found her in her bathrobe.

"Jiyoung..."

"What are you doing in here? Get out you jerk!" She pushed him out the door and the photo he had with him fell on the floor. She locked the door and picked up the photo. She started crying again.

"You have a mistress. It has to be. It just explains everything." Why there's so few of his clothes in their house and why he was in Manchester when she got into the accident. It was the most logic answer to everything she wanted answered.

He stood outside of their room and waited for her. She got out of the bedroom and found him leaning against the wall.

"Aren't you going to be late?" He looked at his watch and knew that he had to get back. He couldn't miss another day of work.

"I...I have to go...When I get back, I'll tell you everything." He gave her a peck on her forehead and left with the files in his hand.

"Wait."

He turned around and found her handing out the photo.

"Don't forget this."

He grabbed it and gave her a guilty look. She knew that she was correct. The girl in the photo had to be his mistress. He left her standing there and when she heard his car run off, she slipped down to the floor and started crying all over again.

He didn't want to go, but he had too many things to do in Incheon before he could come back and live with her. He knows that he's going to have to move his office to Seoul. It was the only way for him to have time to take care of her until she remembers. But after she remembers, what's going to happen? When he came back, he was going to explain the picture. The picture of him giving a peck to another woman. He knew that a picture says a thousand words, but it only said one to his wife. "AFFAIR"