Chapter 29

Married With Him

 

During the eight month pregnancy, Heechul took great care of Jiyoung. When she felt the baby's first kick, he was there. He felt the baby kick and he was so happy. He was at her stomach, waiting to see if the baby would kick again. He finally realized what he was doing. He moved away from her.

"Mianhae."

"It's ok." She walked to the bedroom on the first level. He wouldn't let her sleep upstairs, so she stayed in the first level bedroom.

He followed her into the bedroom. "You need anything?" She shook her head. "Ummm...I have some work to do. If you need anything, just call for me, ok?" She nodded.

She lay on the bed. She felt really sad and she didn't know why. She was mad at him and she didn't know why. He left the room and she got out her portfolio to finish her designs she's been putting off.

She was still busy putting final touches on the designs when he popped in. "What would you like for dinner?" She looked up at him and stayed quiet. He walked into the room and stood next to her. "Are you hungry yet?" She turned to look at the designs and was debating on answering him. "Are you mad at me?"

She looked up at him. "No. I'm just kind of busy right now. Whatever is fine." He looked at her seriously. He decided to just ignore it and left the room.

An hour later, she finally finished so she decided to go see what he was cooking. She was standing at the door watching him cook. 'I'm actually surprised that he can cook. He seems like the type that doesn't know how to do housework.' She was thinking to herself and didn't notice that he had turned around.

"Dinner's almost ready." She snapped out of the daze and looked at him. He walked up to her and pulled her to the dining table. She sat down and continued looking at him. He turned back to his cooking and was busy for another half hour.

They were eating quietly. 'Why does he have to do all of this for me? I can do this without him. He takes care of me as if we're really a couple.'

He didn't have the appetite to eat so he was just picking at his food. 'What is wrong with her today? Did I do something wrong? Was it when I was touching her stomach? She's been quiet ever since this morning.'

"You're not hungry?" He looked up at her. She pointed to his food. "Are you feeling good?" He just continued looking at her. She got up and went over to him. She touched his forehead. "You're so hot. Why didn't you tell me you weren't feeling good?"

"I'm fine." He got up and cleared his plate. She just stood there looking at his back.