Chapter 7

Married With Him

 

It's been three weeks since the accident. Heechul took some time off from work to stay with her in Seoul. Luckily, his parents knew nothing about him living in Incheon.

Every day, Heechul would stay by Jiyoung's side and watch her. As he watches her chest go up and down, he knew that she was not doing it, but the respirator machine. He began to worry as the doctors checked her progress and saw nothing had improved.

One day, his parents had just left, he was looking at her. She looked so lovely and he's never noticed that side of her before. He didn't know why he felt this way about her. He was looking at her sweet face and saw how luscious her lips were.

On their wedding night, they didn't do anything. He didn't even giver her a proper kiss on the lips. He felt that, as her husband he should have the right to kiss her. He bent forward and kissed her on the lips.

It didn't felt weird at all. It felt like that was where he was meant to be all along. His lips matched hers perfectly. The door began to open so he backed away from her. The nurse had come in to check up on her.

"Hi, how are you today?" the nurse asked.

Heechul was nervous as he almost got caught kissing his comatose wife.

"Good." he answered hastily.

The nurse checked the pulse rate and the IV drops. She quickly left the room.

Right after the nurse had left, he went back to his seat next to her. He noticed that her finger was moving.

"Jiyoung! Jiyoung! Can you hear me?" he screamed.

He went to go call the doctor to come in and while he left, she opened her eyes. It was so bright that she had to cover her eyes and just peek. The doctor came in followed by Heechul. The doctor checked her and saw that she was breathing on her own.

"How are you feeling?" the doctor asked Jiyoung.

Jiyoung just stared blankly at the doctor and then to Heechul. She gave a confused look at them both.

The doctor turned to Heechul, "she won't be able to speak for a couple of days after we take out the feeding tube."

A couple of days later, Jiyoung had finally talked.

"Who are you people?

"Do you remember anything or anyone?" the doctor asked Jiyoung.