Wake up ~ I need You

Married With Him

 

During the drive to the hospital, he was worrying about Jiyoung. He hadn't talked to her in over two years. He didn't know how she was doing. He did know that her company was doing really well. Luckily their parents weren't living in either city. They all lived in Busan and hadn't planned on visiting neither of them. They all thought that they were living in Seoul together. He knows that his mother would kill him if she found out that he had come up with this scheme.

He finally got to the hospital and rushed to the front desk.

"Which room is Kang Jiyoung in?" he asked the nurse.

"Are you related to her?" the nurse asked.

"I'm her husband. I just got here from Incheon."

"I didn't know that she was married. How come...” she was cut off.

"I'm her husband. If you don't believe me look at this." He took out their wedding photo and showed it to her.

"She's still in surgery. You can't go see her yet."

"Still in surgery? The officer called me four hours ago and they were doing surgery on her already."

"She's in critical condition. When she came in her injuries were really bad. Her friend who was with her wasn't hurt as...” she was cut off by his running away.

He ran all the way to the CI room and saw that they were still in. He was pacing back and forth and didn't know what to do. The officer that had called him earlier came up to him. The officer gave him some of her belongings. He asked the officer if the friend was okay and he said yes.

Heechul rushed to the friend's room and burst through the room. The friend was up and she turned to look at him.

"What happened?" he shouted at her.

She was quiet and looked at him strangely, but then her face changed.

"You're…you’re Jiyoung’s…" she couldn't finish her sentence because she was crying already.

"What happened?" he shouted again.

"We were on our way to the restaurant to eat dinner, but then a car just...just...”

"Just what?" he was getting impatient with this girl.

"I don't know what...what happened. It happened...so fast. One thing we were talking, but then the next, she swerved the car to the other lane. It didn't help much. The other driver swerve into us and we had a head on collision. The officer said that he was drunk. How…How is Jiyoung?"

"She's still in surgery."

"In surgery? How can she still be in surgery? It's been such a long time now. Did the doctor tell you anything?"

"No. They haven't even come out yet. I just got here."

"What do you mean you just got here? Where were you?" she asked harshly.

"I was in Incheon when the officer called me."

Heechul was still standing at the door way talking to her.

He was about to leave, but then she said something to him that made him stop in his tracks.

"She was calling out your name. I was still conscious when the ambulance came. That's why I told the officer to call you."

Heechul got so mad at himself for not being there for her when she needed him most. He knew that they were just married, but doesn't his role as a husband come first? He punched the wall and walked out silently.

Her friend was confused as to why by just what she said he had become so fragile. As if touching him would have made him break into a million pieces. She didn't know anything about Jiyoung’s marriage to Heechul except that they were happy.

Heechul left the friend and went to the surgery room. He was waiting in the waiting area and finally the doctor came out.

"Doctor, how is she?"

"She's lost too much blood. We can't stop the bleeding. We've already added two bags of blood and that's all we have of her type of blood. There's no more blood to give to her. I don't know what to do."

"Give my blood."