Chapter 19

Married With Him

 

"Annyeong omma. We'll visit you guys soon." She hugged her mom and watched as her mom boarded the plane. She waved goodbye, but her mother was too far to see. She had on a sad face.

He noticed that she was sad and decided to make her feel happy. They were walking back to the car when he thought of an idea. "Hey! How about you and I go out to a movie and dinner?"

She looked at him happily, but then turned sad. "I can't. I have a lot of work to finish up for the company. There are a lot of designs I have to proof edit."

"You can do that tomorrow. Today's my only day off. I don't know if I can take it off again." He gave her a sad face and she just wanted to kiss his sadness away.

"Ok. What are we going to watch?"

"How about that new action movie?" He looked at her, but saw her disgusted facial expression. "Or not. Oh, I know. How about that new love story about deception?"

She nodded her head and hugged him.

They were watching the movie and when it got to the sad scene, she was crying. He turned to look at her and hugged her. She looked up at him and smiled so he smiled back. "Woman, they're so weird." He thought to himself.

When they were driving back home it was quiet, but he broke the silence. "Why were you crying?"

"Because, it's so sad that he deceived her and she didn't even know it until the end. How sad that she gave her heart to him before she found out the truth. If it was me, I would have left him. I don't know why she stayed with him." He turned immediately to her and gave her a serious face. "Is something wrong?"

He turned away. "Oh, nothing. So, what did you want for dinner?"

"I want...spaghetti."

"Oh, I know. Let's try out that new Italian restaurant?"

She nodded her head like a kid and he laughed.

They finally got back home, but she went straight to her office. He changed and went back downstairs to look for her. He went into her office and found her sprawled on the floor. She looked up at him and smiled.

"You're not sleeping yet?" He nodded his head.

"Are you coming to bed?"

"No." She went back to working. "I have to do a little bit and then, I won't have so much to do tomorrow."

"But...I want to..." He turned to look out the window.

She looked up at him. "What?"

"Oh...it's nothing. I'm going to bed." He turned and walked out the door, but instantly, she was behind him. She had already turned off the lights and closed the door.

She hugged him from behind. "Don't worry. I'll stay by your side forever."

He turned and looked at her. He hugged her and kissed her forehead. Oh, how much he wished it was true. He knew that if she ever found out the truth, she would leave him. He carried her and went into their bedroom.