Chapter 21

Married With Him

 

"Tell me!!!! What marriage contract do we have?"

"Yeobo..." He tried to hold her, but she pushed him away. "It's not what you think."

"Tell me." She was tired. She didn't want to know anymore. If she did, it would just break her heart even more.

"Jiyoung...it doesn't change anything between us. I love you. That's all you need to know."

"What was in the marriage contract? What deals did we make?" She ignored him. She didn't care anymore. He had been deceiving her all this time.

'What a stupid fool I was to think that everything was fine. I should have known better. I shouldn't have trusted my heart.' She was thinking to herself when he left the room. He came back with a manila folder and handed it to her. She took out the file and read it. When she had finally finished reading it, it took a couple of seconds to sink in.

"Yeobo...” but he was cut off.

"Don't call me that. I don't love you. You don't love me. That was the deal...We live our own separate lives?" She began to cry and fell back on the couch. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"...I...you...I didn't think that it would turn out this way. I didn't want you to find out about it."

"Didn't think I would find out about it? If only I had found out about it earlier, I would have left. Before...before I...gave myself...to...you."

He was quiet. He didn't know what to do or to say. He knew that he was at fault. If only he had told her the truth from the beginning, but...if he did, would he have fallen for her? Would he have given her his heart?

"I want a divorce."

"Jiyoung...Mianhae. I didn't want to hurt you. That's why I didn't tell you. Please, try and understand me."

"I don't want to see you anymore. Please...please leave. Go back to Incheon. That was where you were living, right?"

She was walking out of the door, but he grabbed hold of her hand. He twirled her around and she fell into his arms. "I don't want to lose you. Please...don't leave."

"I already know why you don't want me to leave."

He looked into her eyes. "Then…you know that I...”

"You'll lose the company, right? Fine…" She pushed him away and walked out of the door. She went to the front door and opened it. "Please leave."

"But I thought..."

"I won't go through with the divorce. Since I've already agreed to it, might as well go through with it."

He walked up to her and looked at her sad eyes. "You mean…"

"Yes. We'll go on living the way we were before the accident. I don't want to see you anymore." But with every word that came out of , she wanted to say 'I love you. Don't leave.'

Heechul looked at her one last time. "Mianhae. I didn't mean to hurt you." He walked out of the house and looked back at her once more. "Saranghaeyo. I just want you to know that."