Chapter 22

Married With Him

 

She closed the door and the next thing she heard was his car driving off. She fell onto the floor and cried her heart out. "How could you...how could you do this? I love you."

She finally had the strength to walk up to their bedroom, but the memory they shared last night ran through her mind. She couldn't stay here tonight. She couldn't stand the thought of their night together being replayed in her memory. She went into the guest room and cried herself to sleep. She woke up to a sound in the living room and noticed that it had gotten dark. She got up and went downstairs to check. She was walking around the living room when someone touched her shoulder. "AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

"Jiyoung. Are you ok? Why is it so dark in here?"

"Oh, omma. It's just you. You scared me."

"Where is Heechul?"

She looked at her mother-in-law and lied. "Oh, he's on a business trip."

"Business trip? Doesn't he know that his wife is still not well yet? Who does he think he is married to, Superwoman?" Her mother-in-law touched her cheeks. "I'm sorry. Heechul is always like this."

"Omma, it's ok. I'm fine. I told him to go. It was important."

"I'll call him right now. I'll tell him to come home right now."

"Mom, don't do that. He is busy. He'll be back soon. Don't worry about it."

"Ok, but I will stay with you until he gets back."

"Omma! You don't have to do that."

"What? Am I not your omma too? How come your omma can stay, but I can't?"

"No. It's not that. It's just that ...I don't want to be a bother."

"You are also my daughter. I will take care of you just like your omma. When did he say he was coming back?"

"Oh...ummm...I think a week?"

"A week?!!!!!"

"A week what?" They were both startled. They looked to where the voice was coming from. It was Heechul.

"Honey...what are you doing home already?"