Chapter 13

Married With Him

 

That night, she couldn't go to sleep. She didn't know what to do. She didn't know how their relationship was before the accident. She didn't know if in her memories somewhere, she already knew that he was cheating on her or if she had no clue at all. Well, it didn't matter anymore because now she knows.

"Tomorrow, I'll go see a lawyer." she thought. After this she was able to go to sleep.

In Incheon, Heechul just got home. He took a shower and went into his study. He took out their contract and looked at it. "What am I going to do now? She doesn't even remember our relationship. Now, she thinks I'm cheating on her."

He took the picture out of the envelope and stared at it. How was he to explain this picture to his wife, he had no clue. He threw both the contract and the photo onto the desktop. He buried his face in his hands. He had a lot of planning to do before he goes back to Seoul. He knew that he was going to be busy, so he started drafting some of the paperwork that he'll need for tomorrow to present it to the company.

While he was still typing down a paper, something on the corner of his desk caught his eyes. The sun was rising and it was reflecting a bright light at him. He grabbed it and noticed that it was their wedding photo. He noticed that they only had one photo of them together and it was their wedding photo. He looked at his ring finger and stared at the wedding band that was still on his finger.

He tried hard to remember if she was wearing her ring and remembered that he didn't see it on her finger. He looked at his watch and it read ten till six. He went back to typing the rest of his papers.

In Seoul, she was already awake. She decided to clean the house since she's been away for a while, but right when she got out of the bathroom, the doorbell rang. She went and opened it and saw three little mid-aged woman standing at her doorstep.

"Annyeong, how can I help you?" she asked cheerfully.

"We're here to clean up the house. We have a six o'clock appointment."

"I think you have the wrong house. I didn't hire anyone to come clean the house."

All of a sudden her cell phone was ringing. She grabbed it out of her pockets and noticed that it was her husband.

"Yeoboseyo?"

"Yeobo?" It felt strange calling her that. "There's going to be some people over to clean the house up. Are they there yet?"

"Yes, why didn't you call me earlier?"

"I didn't want to wake you up. Mianhae."

"No, it's ok. Is that all?"

"No, there's also going to be some people over moving some stuff into the house."

"What stuff?"

"Ummmm...honey, I have to go now. Bye."

She knew that it was probably his stuff.

She turned to the cleaning crew, "oh, I guess it was my husband. Okay, come on in." They all entered the house and started cleaning up.

Two ladies were talking in the corner of the house while cleaning and she just happened to be walking by.

"Did you read the news for today?"

"No, what was it about?"

"It said that he was cheating on her with another woman."

"What? When I was talking to him this morning, he seemed really nice."

"I don't know either."

"Okay, just be quiet. Don't talk about it anymore."

She went to get the newspaper and found part of it missing. She decided to just grab a new one later. She went to the kitchen and found the missing pages in the trash. She guessed that he must have told them to throw it away. She picked it up out of the trash and read it.

"CHAIRMAN OF ZE:A CORP. IN INCHEON WHILE WIFE IN SEOUL:

Chairman Jung Heechul was with another woman when his wife got into an accident"

She looked at the picture and it was the same one that she had found.

She threw the newspaper away and called for an operator.

"How can I direct your call?"

"I need a number to any divorce lawyer in town."