Chapter 17

Married With Him

 

It was late in the evening when they finally returned home. Her mother was tired from all the walking around the shops. "I'm going to go rest my feet a bit. I'll be upstairs if you need me."

"Ne, omma." Jiyoung took her bags from her husband and went upstairs. He followed her upstairs, but right when she got into the room and was about to close the door, he blocked it. "What are you doing?"

"Can't I come into my own bedroom?"

"No." She pushed him out, but he was too strong. He pushed her into the bedroom and hugged her. She pushed him off of her, but couldn't. "Let go of me Heechul! What if omma walks in and sees us?"

"It's ok. We're married. She knows that it's nothing unusual." He finally let go of her because she was wriggling too much. He held onto her face and looked her straight into her eyes. "Do you know what made me fall in love with you?"

She looked at him dumbfounded because she never knew that this would ever come up, but she was curious. She had no recollection of the past so maybe bits and parts of their life might help. "What?"

"It’s your eyes. They're the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen." He didn't know why he said the things he said, but he knew that it was the truth.

When they were still children and they had first gotten to know each other, he noticed her big eyes. He thought that she was cute with those big eyes. He touched her cheek and she leaned her head into his palm. She closed her eyes and he looked at her lips. Oh how much he wanted to taste them again, but he knew that if she ever regains her memory, she would hate him. But at the moment, he didn't care about the future. All he cared about was the present and how he already had her in his arms. He knew that the moment he ever kissed her, he would fall for her.

He knew that he was in love with her and to think that it was just that morning. He leaned forward and kissed her. She opened to give him access as he was discovering all her secrets. She gave out a moan while her hand was searching his body. Finally, he stopped and pulled her away. She opened her eyes and looked at him. His cell was ringing.

"Who's this? Yes. I know, I know. Okay, I'll see you in half an hour. Annyeong." He looked up at her and saw that she was sad. "It's a colleague. He's going to be here in half an hour.

"Oh, what shall I make for dinner?"

"Anything's fine. Oh, he's also bringing someone too, so set it up for two more." With that said, he gave her a quick peck on the cheeks. "I got to go get my papers ready. I'll see you in a bit." He left her standing in their bedroom.

She was preparing dinner in the kitchen with her mother when the door rang. She went to go open the door because she knew that he was probably still busy in the office. Right when she opened the door, her heart skipped a beat. It was the girl from the pictures he was caught kissing. Apparently, he heard the doorbell ring and decided to come out.

"Nicole…"

She turned and looked at her husband, dead in his tracks. The girl walked past her and hugged Heechul. She felt a twinge of jealousy.

Nicole hugged Heechul and gave him a quick peck on the cheeks. "I miss you so much, oppa."

She was stunned. Did his girlfriend just call him brother?

"Oh, is she your wife? Is she my sister-in-law?"

She was appalled now. Sister-in-law? What is this girl blabbing about? I know that Heechul doesn't have a sister.

Nicole went up to Jiyoung and hugged her. "Annyeong! I'm so sorry for not coming to visit you when you were in the hospital. I've been so busy."

"Where's WooHyun?" He interrupted her before his wife can find out anything more. He saw the hurt in her eyes when she saw his adopt sister hug him and he didn't know why, but he felt happy to know that she had feelings for him.

"Oh, he's still at the car getting little Daniel." Right then, WooHyun enters the house.

"Jagiya, why didn't you help me gets the baby?"

By now, Jiyoung was really confused. She didn't know what was happening any more. Wasn't the girl the girlfriend? How can she be married and have a child already? Unless...