Chapter 6

Married With Him

 

The doctor looked at him weirdly.

"How are you related to her exactly?" the doctor asked.

"I'm her husband. I know that we have matching blood. Give my blood."

"Ok. Go to that nurse right there and we'll get your blood."

Heechul went to the nurse and she got a little sample of it. She tested it and it was the same type. She drew out a bag of blood and the doctor told her to stop.

Even after they had given her his blood, she still needed some more. Heechul told the nurse to get another bag from him. The doctor told him that if they take too much, he'll faint. He didn't care. He told them that he'll be fine. The nurse took another bag of his blood and it had helped her.

Heechul was still pacing back and forth, but then all of sudden he felt light headed. Everything turned black. The nurses rushed to him and got him into a room. Even though the last bag of blood had helped her, she wouldn't start breathing. The doctors had no choice, but to put her into a coma. They had put Heechul in the same room as Jiyoung

When Heechul woke up, he saw his mom hovering over him and crying. His mom was surprised when he woke up.

"Son, son you're awake. What happened to the two of you?" his mother asked worriedly.

The first thing that came to mind was Jiyoung.

"Where's Jiyoung, omma?"

"She's over there." his mom pointed across the room.

There lay his wife in a coma. It finally hit him that she was in a coma.

"No…No…she can't be." He got up from the bed and ripped out all the needles and the pulse rate on his finger off. He went over to Jiyoung and cried. Her parents were there too and they were crying.

"Jiyoung!! Jiyoung!! Wake up. I know that you can hear me. Wake up babo!" he shouted and cried.

Right then, the doctor entered the room and looked at what was happening.

"You must stay in your bed. You don't have enough strength yet. You gave too much blood to her. You'll faint again."

The doctor pulled Heechul to his bed and called in a nurse.

Jiyoung’s mom asked the doctor how her daughter was.

"I'm not going to lie to you folks. She's lost a lot of blood and the blood that your son-in-law gave was just barely enough. She is also not breathing on her own."

Jiyoung's mom started to cry louder and went into her husband's embrace.

"How can this happen to our daughter?"

"She's in a coma right now. You must have patience and wait for her to come to."

When the doctor left, Mrs. Jung yelled at him.

"Where were you? What were you doing in Incheon? The police called us and told about it. He said that he had just called you. What were you doing in Incheon?" his mother was yelling at him and started to hit him.

Heechul started to cry and apologized.

"MIanhae, omma. I don't know what I was doing there either. I would never have let her get hurt like this. I would give my life up for her."

"It's too late. It's too late. You don't deserve her at all." his mom was beating his chest, but his dad had finally pulled her away from him.