I'll Get There

UNTITLED

 

 

 

 

 

NO ONE’s P.O.V

 

A male was sitting alone in a coffee shop, sipping a warm cup of Espresso while he would occationally glance outside the glass walls of the cafe. He arrived just a few minutes ago and was now waiting for two other persons. Not a lot of people were spending their time there so it was quite peaceful.

The guy took out his phone to check for any messages, but there were none.

 

Just then the bells above the door made an audible tinkling. The guy smiled as the two people he was waiting for finally came in.

 

“Did you wait long, Namsoo?” one of them asked as the other one went to buy two warm drinks.

Namsoo shook his head. “No. I came just 10 minutes ago. I just hope you didn’t leave anything important just to meet me here, Yongguk sunbae.”

 “Nah. Me and Daehyun was actually free the whole afternoon. And just call me hyung.” Yongguk pulled out a chair just across Namsoo and settled himself on it.

Namsoo nodded and inhaled in his drink’s warm aroma before taking a long satisfying sip.

 

Daehyun had two cups at hand as he walked to join the two. “Hyung, I forgot to ask your preference of drink so I bought you a Macchiato.” He placed a cup in front of Yongguk while he was still holding the other one as he sat down. “By the way, what was that that you wanted to talk to us about, Namsoo?”

 

Namsoo paused for a while before talking.

“Remember the bet, Dae?” Namsoo diverted his gaze at Daehyun.

Daehyun was slightly confused of the sudden question but replied. “Yes. Why?”

 

“Everything about the bet was planned.” Namsoo’s stare lingered at the empty cup in front of him.

Yongguk shifted on his seat as interest started to form in him. Of course, he knew about the bet.

 

Daehyun’s brows furrowed. “What do you mean the bet was planned?”

“Miyen planned everything.”

Daehyun’s blood immediately boiled upon hearing the name of his step-sister.

 

Namsoo halted for a bit but continued after Yongguk gave him a nod.

 

 

“During that time, I really like Miyen. I was so desperate to have her so I told her that I’d do anything, everything just for her happiness. But I was stupid enough to believe that she’d return that love.” Namsoo let out a bitter chuckle. “Miyen agreed on dating me on one condition. I have to make sure that Daehyun agrees on the bet.”

“How was the bet an advantage to Miyen?” Yongguk interrupted.

“You do know about the embarassment that Miyen’s mother went through a few years ago when she just suddenly showed up. Well, Miyen blamed Seungin’s mother for that. So she wanted to get back at her. But she can’t because Choi Inhyun is… let’s say… untouchable and beyond her reach. So the best way of revenge is through her daughter. Once Seungin found out about the bet, she’ll be broken. A painful heartbreak.”

(A/N: see chapter 25 – Bitter Past)

 

Daehyun was silent the whole time as he clenched his hand. Yongguk knew how angry Daehyun was. If he was in Daehyun’s position, he’d also be this angry.

 

 

Yongguk breathed out a sigh. “The brown envelope. The one which contained an unfinished map and the profile of Chunah’s lawyer. I know you had something to do with it.”

A long deafening silence passed before Namsoo answered. “Yes. I sent those.”

“Do you know Jinyoung’s noona personally?” Yongguk asked as he was curious of how Namsoo thought of replacing The Hwangs’ lawyer with Jinyoung’s noona.

“Yes, I know her personally. We’ve been friends for years.”

(A/N: remember those two photos that was also inside the envelope? One photo was Chunah’s lawyer and the other was Jinyoung’s noona.)

 

Daehyun seemed to cool down a bit as the next question thrown at Namso came from him. “Helping us is a bit risky. Why’d you do it?” It’s not that Daehyun didn’t appreciate his help, it’s just that he was curious.

 

“I realized that making someone to like you was nowhere near happiness. I was blinded. That time, I can say that me and Miyen were together. But she made me feel alone. Miyen was too obsessed with revenge and money. So I decided to break up with her, but she can’t just let me go that easily. I know a lot about her plans. That’s why she sent her men to find me and shut me up for good.” Each word that Namsoo said was a reminder of a regretful mistake.

“You mean she’d go that far. If she can, she’ll have you killed?” Daehyun couldn’t believe that a person this heartless could even exist.

“Miyen will do everything just to get what she wants. That’s why I came to a decision of helping you. It’s the least I could do after that night that Yongguk hyung and Yeonhee helped me. Without them, I don’t know if I’d still be here right now talking to you.”

 

“It’s okay, Namsoo. People make mistakes. That’s the only way we can learn. But I hope someday you’ll find happiness. Just enjoy what you have right now. Good things come to our lives when we’re not looking for them.” Yongguk patted his dongseng’s back. “So what are you up to now?”

“I think I’ll leave Seoul for now.” Namsoo smiled.

“Where to?” Daehyun placed down his now empty cup.

“I don’t know. But what I know is, I’ll get there.”

 

And with that they spent half of the afternoon talking about any random topic that would come to mind.

 

 

 

 

 

 



 

 

Author’s note:

 

Annyeong dear readers~!

Sorry you had to wait long before I finally updated the last chapter. (which is a short one)

Yes. This fic just ended. I really hate goodbyes. TT^TT

I’m really going to miss writing this.

I was planning to update this on Daehunnie’s birthday but I had a lot of school work

 

I hope you all read my other fics.

The Ninja and The Assassin

Luhan’s Little Troublemaker

 

And by the way. Thank you for all readers who commented and subscribed to this. I love you all so much~~~

Once again...

Kamsahamnida ~(^o^~)

Chuk~ ^3^

 

Love,

Bluebowtie

 

P.S: BAP’s COFFEE SHOP was the best~! Actuall, all of their songs are the best :3