Wrist Watch

UNTITLED

NO ONE’s P.O.V

 

“We just received confirmation. Choi Seungin and Jung Daehyun have both been found missing just last night. Investigators are currently looking for possible causes of the sudden disappearance. As you all may know, Jung Daehyun is the younger sibling of Jung Daemin, the young successful businessman. Choi Seungin on the other hand is the daughter of none other Mr. and Mrs. Choi of the Choi Group of companies. So far there were still no progress in the investigations—“ The TV was suddenly turned off.

 

Daemin angrily threw the remote control on the couch with so much force that it bounced off the leather furniture and landed on the floor.

 

“Are you sure that Chunah and Miyen are the ones behind all of these, Yongguk?” Daemin planted both palms on his hips and his intense gaze was on the floor.

“We’re not sure, hyung. But if there’s any possible suspect, then it’s them. They’d do anything for money.” Yongguk was sitting on the couch; his legs were apart with elbows resting on his knees.

 

The two were alone in the living room of the Jung’s mansion.

 

“If I find those two gold-diggers, I don’t know what unforgivable things I might—“ Daemin was cut off mid sentence when his phone ringed on top of the side table.

Thinking it was one of his clients or business partners he walked to answer the call.

 

His brows knitted together when he saw that it was an unregistered number that was calling him.

 

He placed the phone on his ears but he didn’t utter a word first, waiting for the person on the other line to talk first.

 

*silence*

 

1 minute…

 

2 minutes…

 

3 minutes…

 

Daemin was getting impatient so he finally spoke. “Yeoboseyo?”

 

“Daemin! I was kinda worried that you won’t answer.” The voice was came from a familiar woman.

“Chunah…” the male gritted his teeth as he was now imagining everything violent he can do to the woman.

Chunah gasped. “Chunah? Not umma? Don’t you miss me?”

“Stop beating around the bush! What do you want?”

“You know exactly what I want, son. Money! The company! In exchange for your brother’s and his girl’s dear life.”

Daemin didn’t have any second thoughts. “Deal! But you better not lay a dirty finger on either Daehyun or Seungin! Or else, I will hunt you down and make sure to grind every piece of bone that you have. And don’t you ever call me son again!” He growled.

 

“I’m not afraid of your threats!” Chunah stated like she was mocking a young child.

 

 

 

 

YONGGUK’s P.O.V

 

From: Youngjae

‘Hyung, you need to be here at my house! ASAP!’

 

This better be good news, I had enough of bad ones for one day.

 

 

“What is it, Youngjae?” I had difficulty opening his bedroom door because of the piling mess that was blocking it. He himself wasn’t expecting to invite someone over because all of his stuff and discarded items were shoved to the side to at least give way for someone to enter.

 

Yeonhee was alone in a corner, sitting cross legged on a chair. She was clearly deep in her thoughts.

Junhong was quietly lying on his side on the bed like a good little he was. The dullest expression was plastered on his face.

Himchan and Youngjae were sitting in front of the computer and Jongup was standing behind them.

 

“Take a look at these, Yongguk.” Himchan handed me a big brown envelope.

The words ‘You Know What To Do’ were written in thick black marker out side the envelope.

Do what?

 

I unhesitantly opened it only to find unexpected documents.

 

“How did these get here?” I pulled out the papers and placed the flat paper container on the table where Jongup was leaning on.

“Someone sent them to Yeonhee.” Himchan stood up to stretch.

“Someone? Who?” my brows pinched together whether I should trust the sender of the documents or not.

“We don’t know who, hyung.” Jongup shrugged.

 

The few pieces of paper contained the profile and information about Hwang Chunah’s lawyer. I scanned a new another paper which seemed to confuse me. A map with various passages. A map to where? The page looked like it was printed on a rush because ¼ of the map wasn’t shown, so I didn’t have any idea to whatever place this map was for. But one thing is for sure, this may lead us to where Seungin and Daehyun are.

 

I flipped the papers to the last page. My eyes widened as a slight spark of hope came to my mind. On the paper were two images of two different people.

 

“I don’t know why the information about the Hwangs’ lawyer was sent. And I don’t know if the person who sent those can be trusted. This might be a trap.” Himchan was tapping his foot on the floor.

 

I kind of agreed with Himchan for once. What if this is a trap. If we trust the sender, then it’ll be like gambling lives. But we can’t just stay here and do nothing either. Now that at least we know a tidbit of information. We can’t just give up.

 

“Found them!” Youngjae announced as he finally removed his hand from the computer mouse. Leaning back on his swivel chair, he crossed his arms behind his head.

Yeonhee and Junhong stood up and went behind Youngjae.

“Found who?” I asked. He found Seungin and Daehyun? How? It was hard to believe. How can Youngjae track their location that easily? When the investigators can’t even find them? Daehyun’s phone was found outside the Choi’s mansion and Seungin didn’t have her phone when they were kidnapped. And heck, if anyone of them has a phone, the kidnappers would’ve throw them away to avoid being tracked.

“Dora and Boots.” Youngjae sarcastically answered. “Seungin and Daehyun of course! Why? Are we looking for someone else, hyung—“ I gave his head a good hard smack causing him to rub the aching spot.

“Don’t answer me like that!” I scolded the disrespectful dongseng.

“Mianhaeyo, hyung.” He mumbled.

 

“Where are they?” I bent down to take a good look at the computer screen.

“They’re in a run down building in Songdo.” Youngjae pointed the mouse pointer at the red blinking dot that was marked on the map of a certain part of the country.

 

A run down building? Very unpredictable. *sarcasm*

 

“How’d you managed to find them?” Yeonhee questioned.

“Remember the prototype wrist watch I gave Seungin? I wanted her to evaluate it for me. There was a special tracker attached to it. And luckily, Seungin’s wearing it now. Which served its true purpose. The watch IS a tracker.”

“Youngjae-ah! You’re so smart!” Himchan was now smiling. Bipolar. But a tinge of worry was still visible in his eyes.

 

“Wait! How’d you know Seungin’s still wearing the watch?” I asked.

“It’s easy to tell whether the person’s wearing the watch or not. The wearer’s pulse through her wrist and body heat will be registered here.” Youngjae opened a new window in his computer and pointed at it. There was a small square where it showed Seungin’s normal heartbeat just like those heart monitors in the hospital.

“If you see a straight line on this mini heart monitor then it means it’s either no one’s wearing the watch or the wearer is dead.” Youngjae continued. “And! If you ask ‘What if someone else is wearing it?’ then the person who is currently wearing it won’t be recognized by the device. His/her heartbeat and body heat won’t be registered because the watch’s functions only works for the first person who wore it. It can recognize its wearer through the thumb and wrist patterns.” Youngjae proudly said.

 

We all gaped at him. I swear him and his family is the future that is currently  living in the present.

 

 

 

 


 

Author’s note:

 

Annyeong dear beloved readers!

Okay, I can’t find a good location so I chose Songdo where BAP filmed for the POWER MV since i'm not familiar with south korea

And I made up everything about the watch XD I don’t know.

Thank you for the comments, subscribes and for reading my fic.

Please keep your comments coming. I love reading them~

Kamsahamnida~!

Chuk~! ^3^

 I love you all!

 

Love,

Bluebowtie