Rose

UNTITLED

SEUNGIN’s P.O.V

 

It’s the day of the talent showcase and everyone’s been busy as a bee. Staff running around yelling at each other, wires dangling and crawling everywhere, clothes and costumes scattered like a bomb just exploded.

In other words, a total chaos.

I was glad that I didn’t have claustrophobia or else I would’ve been brought to the hospital.

I happily volunteered myself to be a part of the staff since the management team could use an extra hand and of course I’d love to help BAP.

Also, a part of me was kinda missing, since I didn’t get to watch the new episode of Adventure Time. Yeah~ I miss Adventure time. It’s been a long time since I last watched adventure time…

 

Okay fine! I didn’t get to see Daehyun oppa since this morning. He called me saying that his hyung needs to see him.

 

“Baby girl, where’s my guitar?” Himchan oppa asked while I help him fix his ear piece.

“It’s right beside the speakers.”

“Seungin-ah, this microphone’s not working.” Yongguk oppa was tapping the microphone on his palm.

“Yeonhee was in charge of those oppa.”

“Noona, can you please take care of my baby.” Junhong handed me his skateboard.

“Aish! Junhong why’d you have to bring this?”

“Seungin, where’s my shirt?” Jongup was zipping his pants, I closed my eyes.

“Aish! Uppie! Change inside the dressing rooms! And here’s your shirt.” I gave him his shirt after rummaging through the clothes rack.

“Seungin, I don’t know how to tie this.” Youngjae was buttoning his shirt.

“Oppa, you still don’t know.” My hands worked with his neck tie.

 

“Alright people! We got 30 minutes left! Listen up! First performance will…” the director started giving instructions.

 

The show went well smoothly. I was a teensy bit worried that something wrong will happen but so far none. What a relief.

I gaped at every performance of BAP.

Yongguk oppa was like the best rapper ever. His presence was oozing with charisma.

Himchan oppa too! He played the guitar and sang. Definitely far from the funny derp Himchan oppa I know.

Youngjae oppa’s voice is so sweet and soothing. I want to sleep hearing his voice!

Is that Jongup?! I had to squint my eyes. He was like reciting a poem with his every move.

And Junhong! He gave a new definition to dance. Uwah~! He also raps! He’s whole package!

 

“Seungin-ssi?” I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I turned around to see a very worried looking director.

“What’s wrong?” I asked. Oh no. Nothing should go wrong now.

“One of the girls who should be in a performance didn’t show up…”

“Y-you want me to replace her?” I finished for him.

He nodded and looked at me with pleading eyes. “Please Seungin-ssi, you’re the only one I can think of. Please~! And you won’t even dance or sing.” he clasped both hands in front of me.

“I don’t know. Maybe you should ask Yeonhee. She’s way prettier than me.”

He gulped. “I don’t want to die young.”

 

“Fine. I’ll do it.” I said slumping in defeat.

“Thank you so much Seungin-ssi! You won’t regret anything.” The way he said those words felt like there was some hidden them. He pushed me to the dressing room to get dressed.

 

 

“She’ll take care of you, Seungin-ssi.” He motioned to the girl that was placing a chair in front of the mirror.

I just stood there, rubbing my arms unsure of what should I do.

“Annyeong haseyo! I’m Minji. I’ll be your make up artist and stylist.” She smiled and ushered me to sit on the svivel chair.

“Annyeong! I’m Seungin.” I smiled back and bowed.

“Uwah~! You’re really pretty.” She tied my hair securely to work on my make up first.

“Oh. Thanks~ Uhmm… Can you just please apply light make up.” I shyly replied.

“Arasso Seungin-ssi.” She started.

 

After my make up she worked on my hair. I didn’t get to see my face because she turned my back to the mirror. She brushed my hair and styled it with such profession.

I’m really nervous. After I step out of this dressing room, I’m gonna have to be in front of other people’s eyes. GAAAH~! Eottoke? I started to panic.

 

What if I trip on something?

What if I made a mistake?

What if people will laugh at me?

 

A lot of what if’s went through my mind.

“Seungin-ssi, your dress is already in the changing room.” she motioned to the small door at the corner of the room. I nodded.

“Hwaiting~!” Minji pumped her fist in the air to encourage me. I smiled and did the same.

 

I opened the door and went in. There was no light switch but it didn’t bother me much. Anyways, I’d still see how I look when I come out.

 

“Minji-ssi, can you please do the back ribbon of the dress.” I asked help from Minji as soon as I got out. I had trouble tying ribbong since it was at the back and far from my reach.

She nodded and happily assisted me.

 

“You’re done, Seungin-ssi. Wow~! You’re really like a princess.” She exclaimed.

I slowly turned around to face the mirror.

*Silence*

 

I was loss of words.

I can still recognize myself since the make up was light but it was a definite work of art; just foundation, black eyeliner, light pink matte lip color and a gentle shade of pink blush.

“Minji-ssi, you’re a miracle worker!” I turned my head from side to side to to see how she styled my hair. My red locks had soft curls on the ends and the upper half of it was pinned up, decorated with tiny white rhinestones.

Minji draped some hair on my shoulders. “I’m really glad you liked it Seungin-ssi.”

I twirled around to see the whole feature of my blue ombre dress. I was wearing silver high heels but it’s barely visible. Minji also gave me accessories to match the gown.

 

I felt confidence for the first time.

I wish Daehyun oppa can see me now. I thought.

Just then my phone vibrated indicating that I just received a message.

 

From: Daehyun Oppa

‘Jagiya~! Oppa missed you already. *pouts* I heard that you’ll be in a perf. I want to see you~ Anyways, sorry I can’t call now, oppa’s in a meeting. Keke ^^ Good luck! I love you. Saranghae ^3^’

I chuckled at his cheesiness.

To: Daehyun Oppa

‘Oppa! You’re not allowed to use your phone during a meeting.

But I miss you too. And I love you too! Nado Saranghae! ^3^’

I smiled when I sent him the message.

 

 

“Seungin-ssi, 10 minutes!” someone knocked on the door.

“Neh~! I’m coming!” I placed my phone inside my bag and went out.

 

“Seungin-ssi, let’s put this earpiece on so you can hear the instructions.” One of the staff told me and helped me secure the little device on my ear.

The thick red velvet curtains were down preventing the audience from seeing the commotion behind it as the next performance was being prepared.

I was escorted to the butterfly shaped chair on top of a circular riser with leaf carvings in the middle of the stage. The chair’s back was facing the audience.

I gulped, my hands started to sweat and my heart felt like it would burst out of my ribcage because of its erratic beating.

“Seungin-ssi, just listen to every instruction, arasso? And don’t worry you’re really pretty tonight.” The staff complimented and left me there alone.

 

The whole place was decorated beautifully. The light was dimmed. Colorful bright lights were inside different jar shapes and light bulbs that had flowers in them were hanging everywhere like lanterns. There were a few silver artificial trees in the corner; its leaves were sparkling and glittery. The floor had thousands of glow-in-the-dark specks that looked like stars against it.

Any girl would feel really special if she was on my spot right now.

 

“Seungin-ssi?” I slightly jumped when the voice through the earpiece spoke.

“N-neh?”

“Do you see the roses?” the director asked.

“What roses?” I scanned the area looking for a rose but none.

“Look up.” He instructed. I tilted my head back. “I see it now.” There were dozens of pink roses floating above me being suspended by thin strings.

 

“The curtains are now being pulled to the side so your back can now be seen. Sit straight and whatever you do, never look back unless I instructed so.” He said. “Later I’ll tell you to follow the roses.”

 

I can hear the audience from behind started to quiet down. Too quiet.

Wait a minute.

Why is it too quiet? I swear I can hear crickets from the distant.

 

A slow music started to play. Its melody seemed to calm my heart beat.

Then a very familiar voice sang.

I couldn’t breath.

That’s impossible!

 

“Seungin-ssi, please stand up.” The voice in the ear piece said. I was too busy with my thoughts to notice the roses started to descend down around me.

“Don’t take any further step yet.” I stood up but didn’t move on my spot as instructed.

“The riser will now slowly turn so keep your balance.” The riser started to turn.

Then I saw Daehyun oppa wearing a suit. I think I just won the lottery. So handsome. He really was the one singing.

“Seungin-ssi, please follow the roses.” the voice commanded.

The floating roses started to move forward so I followed.

 

Daehyun oppa’s voice painted different shades of emotion.

I stopped right beside him and the roses were one by one being dropped to the floor.

His every word brought me somewhere higher than cloud nine. I lost myself in wonderland as I stare intently into those dark orbs of his.

 

Daehyun oppa held his hand out so I took it. I feel like the whole song was written especially for me.

 

When he finished the song he turned his head to the audience, I followed.

*gasps*

Students were holding huge flashcards up saying ‘Choi Seungin, Will you be my girlfriend?’

 

“Seungin, will you be mine?” he asked and the whole auditorium became quiet as they anticipated for my response. His thumb was caressing the back of my hand.

 

I smiled and nodded. “Yes!”

He hugged me tightly and everyone cheered and clapped.

“I love you so much, Jagiya.”

“I love you too oppa!”

Glass-winged butterflies started to appear out of nowhere.

 

 

There was a blackout all of the sudden. The audience started to complain.

 

Daehyun oppa pulled away and cupped my cheeks.

“Youngjae said he’ll only...” he kissed my forehead.

 “give us 2 minutes…” he kissed my nose.

“so let’s make the most out of it.” He kissed the spot above my lips.

 

“Wha—“ I started but was immediately cut off when his plump lips met mine. Butterflies started to dance in my stomach and my knees feel like they would give in any moment.

His lips were so soft and delicate; I had to close my eyes. Wrapping my arm around his neck, he circled an arm around my waist.

He tilted his head as his lips moved in sync with mine.

After a couple seconds we pulled away and he gave my lips one last innocent peck.

Then the lights were back. My smile widened.

He reached behind my neck only to pull a single red rose with splashes of white. The smile on his face was indescribable.

 

 

 

 

NO ONE’s P.O.V

 

Little did they know, someone lurking in the shadows at the back of the place was completely disliking the scene that she just witnessed.

“This wasn’t part of the plan!” She hissed and grudgingly left.

“You won’t be happy for long…”

 

 

 

 


 

Author’s note:

 

Annyeong  dearest beloved readers~!

Hope you all like this chapter.

Thank you for reading, commenting and subscribing on my story~!

Kamsahamnida~!

Chuk~! ^3^

Btw, I’m currently writing the foreword of my next fanfic.

Maybe I’ll post it when ‘UNTITLED’ will be nearing its end.

 

Love,

Bluebowtie