3 Knocks

UNTITLED

NO ONE’s P.O.V

 

Chunah’s lawyer placed the few sheets of documents on the table right in front of Daemin.

 

“Please sign these, Mr. Jung.” The lawyer said.

 

They were inside the spacious conference room in the Jungs’ company building.

Even though Daemin hasn’t signed the contract yet but Chunah was acting like she owned the company already with her minions on statue mode lined behind her.

 

Pail (minion) approached her.

“Not now, Pail.” Chunah hissed. Pail nodded and returned back to his spot. Seems like he has something very important to tell her.

 

“The sooner you sign those papers, the sooner you’ll see your younger brother, Daemin.” She reminded.

The latter sighed and finally marked his signature above the indicated line at the bottom of the page. He had no other choice. It’s either his brother (and Seungin) or the company.

 

Chunah leaned back on her seat and laced her fingers together with a satisfying smirk on her red lips. Thinking that after this, everything that the Jungs have will be all hers, leaving them with nothing.

 

…or so she thought…

 

Just then the doors burst open and revealed Youngjae, Yongguk and Jinyoung.

Chunah rolled her eyes. “If you came here to stop Daemin from further signing the contract. Well, I’m sorry but you’re too late. He already signed them. So if I were you I will stick my nose out of someone else’s business before things might get a little bit out of hand.”

 

Yongguk smirked which slightly threatened Chunah. “Hwang Chunah…” he fearlessly spat her name. “How well do you know your lawyer?”

The question confused Chunah. “What do you mean?! She’s been my lawyer for years. I knew her fully well.”

Yongguk chuckled bitterly. “Are you sure?”

“Of course I’m sure!” She fumed.

Yongguk smiled which angered Chunah more. “Jinyoung, can you please introduce this clueless lady…” referring to Chunah. “…to your noona.”

 

NOONA?

 

Jinyoung grinned. “Ms. Hwang, I would like you to meet my dear noona, Jung Jiyoung.”

 

Everyone gaped at the said ‘noona’ in disbelief. Jinyoung’s noona smiled and introduced herself like it was her first day in school. “Annyeong Haseyo! Choneun Jung Jiyoung imnida.” And ended her introduction with a polite bow.

 

The resemblance of Jinyoung’s noona to the Hwangs’ lawyer is strikingly evident. Like they were twins seperated at birth.

 

Chunah was in complete outrage. She abruptly stood up and slammed her palms on the table. “MWOH?! What did you do to my lawyer?!”

“Tsk! Tsk! That means the contract that Daemin hyung just signed was fake.” Yongguk taunted. “But don’t worry; your lawyer is safe inside my car trunk.”

 

Chunah was a bit in shock.

But her expression soon morphed into an evil smirk. “So that means you won’t be able to see your precious brother again, Daemin.”

Actually, Chunah’s threat didn’t scare Daemin even a bit. He knew Yongguk too well. He wouldn’t do anything risky unless he’s sure of what he’s doing. He knew Yongguk has something up his sleeves.

 

“Pail, call the others. Tell them to slowly kill Daehyun and Seungin.” she barked at her minion.

“Uhm… Ma’am about them—“ Pail started.

“What are you waiting for?!” Chunah yelled.

 

“Did you hear that officer? The kidnapper just revealed herself.” Yongguk said to someone behind him.

 

In a split second, guns were already pointed at Chunah and her minions couldn’t even do anything about it. They were clearly outnumbered.

 

 

 

 

DAEHYUN’s P.O.V

 

I’ve been thinking of the things that Seungin just told me. The requests she asked me to take care of myself, to take care of her family, to take care of our friends. She was telling me the words like a goodbye.

No! She can’t be gone now.

 

I was nervously waiting outside the operating room. Anxious of what the doctor might tell us.

 

Yeonhee was pacing back and forth her tears keep streaming down her cheeks. She seemed to be mumbling something.

Himchan hyung was sitting on the bench angrily clutching his hand.

Junhong was already weak from crying as he stared into space.

Jongup was beside me not uttering a word.

 

 

“W-where’s Seungin? Where’s my daughter.” Seungin’s umma’s eyes were swollen red when they came. Behind her was Seungin’s appa and behind him was Seunghyun hyung.

Junhong’s tears leaked out of his eyes at the sight of Seungin’s parents.

I felt guilty. I was the reason why Seungin is in the operating room right now. I should be the one in there not her.

 

“Ahjumma… we’re really sorry...” Yeonhee mumbled weakly as she hugged Seungin’s umma.

“Don’t blame yourself, dear. You even helped Seungin…” she assured.

 

I hung my head low.

“Hyung, didn’t your legs hurt? You should have them treated.” Jongup said but his gaze remained on the O.R. door.

After he mentioned it, my legs started to hurt. But I can’t go. I need to wait here. I need to be here when the doctor comes out of that room to inform us of Seungin’s condition.

“I’m okay.” I told my dongseng.

 

“Daehyun…” a deep voice beside me spoke.

“H-hyung… Mianhaeyo. It should’ve been me in there. I’m really sorry…”

“Don’t blame yourself, Daehyun. We’re all victims here. Let’s just hope that nothing bad will happen to Seungin.” Seunghyun hyung patted my back. “But you should get your injury checked.”

I wanted to protest but nodded and limped off.

 

 

4 hours later~

 

NO ONE’s P.O.V

 

The hospital room was deafening silent. The only sound that was heard was everyones breathings and sniffles.

 

Just 3 hours ago the doctor finally came out of the operating room and told them of Seungin’s current condition.

She’s on comatose right now. When will Seungin wake up was a big question.

 

Inhyun, Jongup, Junhong and Daehyun were the ones in the room while the others went out to get clothes and buy food. Mr. Choi, Daemin and Seunghyun went to the police station to see the kidnapper herself.

Inhyun was silently crying beside her unconscious daughter. Daehyun couldn’t bear seeing his jagiya, all pale and weak.

 

Daehyun got startled because of the 3 knocks on the door.

Inhyun wiped the new tears that fell on her cheeks. “C-come in…”

 

The door opened and a female doctor around her mid 30’s entered. “Mr. and Mrs. Choi?” she asked.

“Y-yes?” Inhyun perked.

“It’s about the patient. Would you like to talk about it in private or do you want to talk about it here.” The doctor asked.

“Here would be fine.” Inhyun was afraid of the doctor’s news but she has to be strong. “When will she wake up?”

 

The doctor looked at Inhyun apologetically.

Inhyun’s hand went to cover . “D-don’t tell me…” new tears escaped her eyes and Daehyun went to her to calm her down even though he himself was in fear and worry. “Oh no. Daehyun, my Seungin. No! This can’t be happening. She’s too young to…” Inhyun sobbed.

 

 

“I’m really sorry Mrs. Choi. Her spinal column was greatly affected because of the hard impact on her back. We did everything we could do. She’ll be lucky if she still lasts up to a week.” The doctor explained.

 

That’s when Inhyun couldn’t take it anymore and she fainted on Daehyun’s arms.

Daehyun cried hard as he angrily ran his hand through his hair.

 

Junghong and Jongup went to Seungin’s side and hoped for any miracle.

 

“Noona! Wake up! Junhong misses you already. You’re not gonna die. You said you’ll look after me. You said we’ll grow old together with the hyungs and Yeonhee noona… Noona, please keep your promise… Noona, this isn’t funny anymore.” Junhong held onto Seungin’s hand. He knew it was hopeless.

“Junhong...” Jongup comforted the maknae.

“No hyung! Noona’s just tired! She’ll surely wake up soon.” Junhong cried harder.

 

Daehyun saw himself in Junhong when his own father died.

He looked at the girl he loved, the girl that brought sunshine into his life, the girl that gave him unexplainable feelings, the girl that he can promise forever with. The girl that will soon leave him.

 

The doctor helped Daehyun bring Inhyun to the couch and attended her.

 

“Jagiya… I’m really sorry. I love you so much. Don’t leave me. If we can only switch places.” His tear fell on Seungin’s cheek as he leaned down and lovingly kissed her forehead.

…Choi Seungin my first and last love…

 

3 knocks on the door was yet again made but all of them were too carried away of their emotions to notice and hear.

 

 

 

 


 

Author’s note:

 

 

OMO! Are those death threats I hear?

*hides behind BAP*

*cough* I still haven’t marked this story as complete so please keep those pitchforks and torches away *cough*