Bitter Past

UNTITLED

 

NO ONE's P.O.V

 

Seungin felt a faint blow of wind hit her ear causing her to moan in annoyance. She pulled her blanket above her head and shifted on the bed to lie on her stomach.

 

"Good morning beautiful~!" a sweet voice chimed.

Her brows furrowed. She turned her head to the side and opened an eye.

"What are you doing here, oppa? It's like 6 in the morning?" she mumbled.

"We have school, Jagiya. Ireona~" Daehyun was squatting beside her bed with his elbows propped and hands cupping his cheeks. He had a tender smile on.

"5 more minutes. And don't call me jagiya. I'm not your girlfriend." She complained, closing her eyes.

Daehyun chuckled and sat on the bed. "Not yet. But you will be!" he poked a finger on her side.

"Oppa! Stop it! It tickles!" Seungin rolled over to put distance between them.

He stood up and quietly walked to the other side of the bed.

 

Seungin relaxed a bit thinking that Daehyun wouldn't be so persistent to wake her up anymore.

Then when she least expected it, an arm slid under her back and her knees lifting her off the bed. She looked like a cocoon that Daehyun was carrying.

"What the?! Put me down!" she struggled on his strong muscular arms but she couldn't move that much since she was wrapped in the blanket.

"Not until we got inside the bathroom." he started walking and she finally gave up knowing that he would never listen to her.

 

Gently placed her down on the cold tiled floor of the bathroom. "Do you want me to help you wash up?" He asked innocently but mischief was clearly evident in his eyes.

"N-no. I can manage. Go and eat breakfast." she gave him the blanket and pushed him out of the bathroom, remembering to lock the door behind her.

Daehyun chuckled and went out of her room. He didn't know why he was lucky enough to meet a girl like Seungin out of billions of others.

 

Seungin let the cold water from the shower hit her. She was more than contented of her life now. She had a loving family, caring friends and now someone whom she can call the person that made her heart skip a beat.

She knows that she can never replace those special persons that Daehyun lost but she'll love him whole heartedly, help him heal and move on from his bitter past, fill his loneliness with happiness and attention and most especially bring a bright warm smile to his face.

She felt like she was being torn apart thinking of how Daehyun was experiencing a harsh life at such a young age. Seungin can clearly remember his devastated face, sadness swimming on those brown orbs of his when he told her his heartbreaking story.

 

 

 

Daehyun was a high school freshman back then.

Before heading to the hospital he went to a flower shop to buy a bundle for his appa.

"Kamsahamnida Ahjumma." he thanked the saleslady after paying for the flowers.

As he set a foot out of the shop his phone vibrated.

 

Taking it out. "Yeoboseyo?" he answered.

"Daehyun, where are you?" his brother's voice was weak and sounded like he would cry which worried him.

"H-hyung? What is it? Did something happen to appa?" his voice started to crack as he forced himself not to cry.

"Dae, just just hurry up..."

 

As soon as he entered the cold room of the hospital where his appa was, the first thing he saw was his friends already crying.

He didn't waste anymore time, he ran to his appa's bed.

"Appa! I'm back... I brought flowers..." Daehyun started crying. He didn't get any response.

"Dae, he's gone..." his brother started patting his back.

"No hyung!... He's just...asleep. Appa's just tired... He-He'll wake up soon." his tears were falling uncontrollably, denying the fact that he's appa is already dead.

His older brother didn't want to see him break this much.

 

 

Daehyun was as good as a walking zombie when he entered their mansion. His older brother told him to go home first and get a set of new clothes for them to change into.

He was going up the stairs when he bumped into his noona who was clad in clubbing outfits. "Watch where you're going little punk!" she snapped.

Although his step sister never treated him like a sibling but he still cared for her the way he would care for his hyung. "Noona, appa passed away." dry tears were hugging his cheeks and eyes a little puffy.

He didn't get any response from her. Thinking that maybe his noona was also saddened by their father's death, he continued to his and his brother's room and packed clothes for the both of them.

 

He exited his room but before he can make another step, he heard a couple footsteps coming.

We're not expecting visitors, are we?

He retreated back to his room but didn't entirely close his door allowing an eye to peek.

 

His eyes felt like they would fall off his sockets when he witnessed one unbelievable scene.

His step mother pushing a guy into a room and started kissing him. And not just any other guy, he was his appa's business partner.

How could she?!

 

Daehyun's umma passed away after giving birth to him. His appa remarried three years ago. His stepmother never acknowledged him as a son nor did his noona as a sibling.

After their father was hospitalized, their company wasn't doing well and went bankrupt. But that was the least of their problems that time.

 

On the day of the burial his stepmother and stepsister never showed up.

Daehyun's heart began to grow cold as he would only think of nothing but being betrayed. Soon enough he started to isolate himself from everyone.

 

 

1 year later~
 

Daehyun's hyung worked hard to save the company and his efforts were never wasted. They received a lot of help from closest family friends, especially from the Choi's since Daemin (Daehyun's hyung) and Seunghyun (Seungin's oppa) are bestfriends.

 

During a press conference of the Jung's newly opened casino, someone unwanted came.

 

Cameras were flashing from every direction.

 

"Mr. Jung, what do you think is the reason behind your company's success?"

"Mr. Jung, what would your father say if he was still here?"

"Mr. Jung, what other plans do you have for the future?"

 

Endless questions about the Jung's rising success were thrown by reporters during the interview. Daemin answered every question with ease and confidence as expected while Daehyun was just sitting there trying to avoid questions as much as possible.

 

"Mr. Jung, didn't your father remarried? Where is she now?"
 

That only question hit Daehyun hard. He clenched his hand as anger started to boil inside of him.

 

"The woman is here!" a loud female voice was heard from the back of the room and all attention were turned to her.

 

The only audible sound in the room was the clicking of the stiletto shoes against the floor. The uninvited visitor made her way to the front.

 

"As much as I didn’t want to, I had to leave my sons behind, because of some unexpected matters and it was for their own good.” The motherly tone in her voice was believable enough to convince anybody oblivious of the truth. But not Daehyun as he can clearly remember how that woman cheated behind his father's back.

"For their own good?! Or for your own good?!" Seungin’s umma, Inhyun stood up. She was fully aware of what shamelessness this woman has done.

“What do you mean Inhyun?” she tried hard to conceal the fear that was threatening to show on her face.

“I know you only married their father for his money, Hwang Chunah” Inhyun placed an assuring hand on Daehyun’s shoulder.

Murmurs started and the air grew thick as tension rose.

“I loved their—“ Chunah was cut off mid-sentence.

Daehyun angrily slammed his fist on the table. “You never loved appa!” His expression was icy and intimidating.

Not letting her to speak as he continued. “You left after the company was at its worst and now you’re back when it’s starting to rise on top!” he didn’t yell but his voice was as dark as a raven.

“What do you—“ this was what Chunah was afraid of.

Daehyun didn’t let her finish. “I’m tired of hearing any of your lies! I’m not blind! I saw you with my own eyes, how you cheated behind appa’s back!” he spat the words.

 

Chunah was speechless, she didn’t know that things would turn out this ugly.

 

The whole place erupted into chaos as the reporters started to bombard Daehyun with questions.

Microphones and recorders were placed near Daehyun, cameras capturing the whole scene but he remained silent.

 

 

 



 

 

Author’s note:

 

Annyeong dear beloved readers~!

Sorry I didn’t update yesterday, it was my cousin’s birthday.

Thank you for reading my fanfic

I love reading your comments especially on chapters 23-24

This chapter is dedicated for all those readers who are very curious of Daehyun’s past

Enjoy~!

Please comment and subscribe

Kamsahamnida~!

Chuk~! ^3^

Stay healthy ^^

 

Love,

Bluebowtie

PS: if you are confused about some parts just comment it and i'll give you replies as soon as possible