Rain Sound

UNTITLED

 

SEUNGIN's P.O.V

 

If I got here earlier would I see him? Would I be able to hear his explanation? Would I be able to forgive him? Am I ready? Random questions went through my mind.

I was taking my time walking and wasn't that far from the bench when...

*cough*

I turned around. The bench was still empty. My head twisted from side to side. But there was no one else around.

Am I hearing things?

I paused for awhile and waited for any signs of life. But nothing.

I shook my head gently slapping my cheek. "Seungin, you're just hearing things. Must be because of the rain." 

Just when I was about to walk another cough stopped me on my tracks.

My eyes widened. I'm not just hearing things.

I hurriedly walked to the bench.

 

 

It felt like a huge boulder dropped on me when my eyes landed on the sight before me.

There he was, lying down shivering in a fetal position. My heart sank.

I let go of the red umbrella and kneeled beside him not caring if I was getting drenched in the rain.

"Daehyun? Daehyun?" his temperature was rising. Oh god no. How long was he lying here?

"S-seungin?" he weakly lifted his hand to touch my face.

"Shh..." If only I came earlier, this would never have happened to him.

 

I used all my strength to bring him to my car.

When we got to my house I asked the helpers bring him to the guest room while I wash up before I catch a fever.


He really did wait for me.

On my hands was a hot soup. I opened the door to see him still sleeping soundly. His clothes were changed to dry ones.

Taking big steps I walked to his bed and placed his meal on the bed side table. The Sound of the Rain filled the room’s deafening silence.

I quietly observed his sleeping form. From his eye brows to his lidded eyes to the tiny mole below it to his perfect nose and to his soft looking plump lips. Why is he this perfect?

There was a slight twitch from him, then his eyes slowly fluttered open and stared at me.

We had a brief staring contest before I broke my gaze when remembered why I was here.

"Oh. Uhmm... I brought you a warm soup. You should eat it now before it gets cold." touching his forehead to check his temperature. It was still warm but at least a little bit better than earlier.

“Why didn’t you go home when the rain started to pour down heavily?”

“I wanted to wait for you. I didn’t try going here directly because I know Yeonhee would see me, I know you told her about the bet.”

“So are you sa—“

“No. I’m not afraid of her wrath. It’s just that she might prevent me from talking to you. I know how protective she is when it comes to you.”

 

 

He sat up. "Seungin, can we please talk?"

"We already did."

“I mean about the bet.”

“Let’s talk some other time. When I’m ready.” I said in a low tone.

He grabbed my hand and looked at me with pleading eyes. Shaking my head, I slowly shook his hand off but he only tightened his grip.

“Dae, not now plea—“

 

Then suddenly he pulled me on the bed with him. He hovered on top of me, lacing his warm hands on mine and pinned them down on either side of my head.

"Daehyun! What do you think you're doing?!" I squirmed out of his grasp but he was too strong.

"Seungin-ah, please listen to me." he cooed.

"No! I won't! Let me go!"

 

He lowered his head to plant a gentle kiss on my chin. That's when I stopped struggling. My face felt warm.
I couldn't process anything at all. Did he just…kiss me?!

He moved his head until his lips were half an inch away from my ears. "Seungin, I want you to listen to oppa. Arasso?" I can feel his warm breath against my neck.

I blinked, completely stunned.

"I'll let go. But don’t you dare leave this room. Understand?" he whispered each word slowly in a commanding tone.

He lifted his head to look at me. "Seungin, are you listening to me?"

I didn't say a word but just nodded, afraid my voice might betray me.

"I'll let go now. But don't you escape or I might do something completely out of hand." a gorgeous smirk graced his face.

Completely out of hand?

"N-neh..." I mumbled.

He nodded then slowly got off me and sat cross-legged on the bed. I immediately sat up and calmed my breathing.

Maybe Jinyoung oppa was right, maybe I should give him a chance.

 

 

"Seungin, how'd you know about the bet?" his hand grabbed mine and drew random shapes on my palm which kind of distracted me.

"Uhmm... That night when I wanted to see you, I went to the Moons' night club and I actually overheard the bartender...”

"You wanted to see me?" he teased.

I frowned. "Never mind." pulling my hand away and placed my foot on the floor ready to get off the bed.

 

He chuckled and grabbed my hand again. "Don't leave."

I wanted to leave, I wanted to oppose but there's something about his voice that makes me want to listen to him.

Letting out a short sigh, I continued. “Then I heard him mention the bet. I—“

“So you didn’t stay that long to hear what I told him?” he interrupted.

That hit me. I ran off that time without hearing him speak.

I nodded while looking at his thumb that was drawing circles on my slightly sweat-dampened palm.

“Seungin, do you think I would choose the bet over you?” using his other hand he cupped my cheek.

My head involuntarily shook but I still didn’t look at him.

“Then please believe me. I never lied to you. I was even planning on telling you about the bet.”

 

*silence*

 

“Listen Princess, I don’t know if you notice but I’ve always liked you…”

My head shot up to look at him. The room wasn’t too dark thanks to the nightlight, but his eyes seemed to brighten everything. I can clearly see his flawless features. Full of sincerity, full of honesty. Just a simple glimpse of him makes me want to trust him; I don’t care if I would hurt again. His every word was believable enough.

 

There was a long pause.

 

“But now I know that I love you…” those words of his just sent me to this magical place called paradise.

 

 “I’m not asking you to be mine right now. I’ll be patient, even if it takes an eternity of waiting. Even if I had 1 more day left, I won’t hesitate to spend it with you… I won’t give up.”

 

Bringing my hands to his rapidly beating chest. “It’s not perfect but it’s all yours.”

 

“O-oppa…” I wanted to cry, laugh, scream. I don’t know. He just created a feeling in me that I myself don’t understand.

 

“Remember this Choi Seungin. You’re going to be mine.” He raised my hand to his lips and gave it an innocent kiss.

 

Outside the window, the forgotten rain and wind blows. Everything else was unnoticed.

 

 

 

 



 

 

Author’s note:

 

Annyeong dear beloved readers!

Hope you like this chapter~!

I know I thanked you a lot of times already but I’m still thanking you now.

Thank you for reading~!

Please comment and subscribe.

Kamsahamnida~! *bows*

Chuk~! ^3^

 

love,

Bluebowtie