6.

Strong Willed

Minzy slowly awoke to the echoing of her brother talking. She could feel herself tightly wrapped against her brother's chest with his arms tightly around her, just like she had fallen asleep. She inwardly smiled at her protective little brother and listened quietly against his chest to what was going on. "She's not up for visitors right now," Zelo spoke coldly which surprised Minzy a bit. It was always strange and rare to hear her brother sound like that.

"He's right, don't let that in," Hyuna added.

"Well I told her she can't come in, but she still won't leave," Fei spoke up.

This caused Minzy's ears to perk up as she was now focused at the conversation at hand.

"Is that the girl who has been hurting my sister," Zelo asked causing Minzy to inwardly gasp. How could he know when she had not said a word about her?

"Zelo how did you know about Bom," Hyuna asked the question Minzy was wondering about.

Zelo tightened his grip onto his sister as he answered, "I just know when someone hurts my sister." Minzy bit her lower lip that caused her to subconsciously groan, causing the conversation to stop. "Minzy are you awake," Zelo asked as he pulled away to look down at her.

She sighed as she opened her heavy eye lids, "Hmm..."

"Hey big sis, how are you doing," Zelo smiled brightly as she opened her eyes to look at him.

"Hey," she grinned as she turned to see Hyuna and Fei grinning down at her.

"Hey girl," Fei smiled as she took a seat on the bed.

"Hey," Minzy continued to grin until she saw Bom's face through the small window on the door.

"I told that to leave," Fei hissed when she turned to see what Minzy was looking at.

Hyuna sighed as she stood on her feet, "I think she needs to be physically removed from the hospial."

But Minzy caught hold of her wrist to stop her, "Wait."

"What," Hyuna turned to look at her.

"How long has she been waiting out there?"

"For a couple of hours, she got here when you had just fallen asleep," Fei replied.

Though Bom was the last person she wanted to see right now, she felt obligated to at least let her come in and chat for a little bit. She sighed as she released her grip from Hyuna, "I need you all to leave and let her in."

"WHAT," Hyuna and Fei nearly screetched in unison.

"But Minzy you don't have to if you don't want to," Zelo frowned.

Minzy grinned in understanding as she brushed a stray hair from his face, "I know baby boy, but sometimes we have to do things that we don't want to. Do you understand?" He nodded as he placed a kiss onto her forehead before he filed out with the other girls behind him.  As Minzy quietly awaited her enemy, she could hear the various threats Hyuna and Fei were throwing at Bom before she entered. Minzy chuckled at the thought of Zelo trying to hold back Hyuna and Fei from hurting Bom. But that imagination was cut short as a knock came to the door. She quickly shifted her gaze to the window to compose herself into the bad girl that Bom and the rest of the people at school imagined her to be.

"Hi M...Minzy," Bom stuttered as she stepped close to Minzy's hospital bed. It was silent for a moment before Bom continued, "I just..."

"What do you want," Minzy went straight to the point, speaking coldly as she continued to stare out the window.

"I...just...I..." Bom continued to stutter.

At school Bom's stuttering would be amusing, but as of the moment she really didn't have time to play games with her, "Can you get to the point already?!" She quickly snapped her gaze over to Bom who flinched back a little.

Bom nervously nodded as she tried to grin, "I...just wanted to come by and make sure you were okay."

Minzy coughed a laugh at her fake sincerity, "Really? What makes you think that you coming here will make me feel better?"

"I just..."

"I just what? Bom you are one of the last person in this world I would ever want sympathy from. Don't come here acting like you care when you don't!"

"I just wanted to make sure you were okay," Bom grumbled as she started to become angry.

"I'm siting in a ing hospital bed because I was nearly by my teacher today! Do I look like I'm ing okay," Minzy growled feeling agitated.

"Well I just wanted to see if there was anything I could do to help," Bom growled back.

She sighed as she folded her arms over her chest, "You really want to know what you can do to help? Leave me and Seunghyun the alone! If you can't do that then you are ing useless to me!" She watched as Bom clenched her fists as she glared at her. There was no answer as Bom stood there looking like she was going to explode any second now. This made Minzy cough a laugh as she coldly glared, "Like I said, you're ing useless to me." Minzy watched a few tears roll down Bom's face, making her shrug. In Minzy's mind, she was being honest with Bom. Getting Bom out of her life would make her life better. Quickly, Bom wiped at her tears before turning to run out of the room.

"Minzy what happened," Zelo quickly burst through the door.

She shrugged as she looked at Hyuna and Fei who held smug looks on their faces, "I just told her the truth."

 

Minzy wanted nothing more than just pretend that she was only at the hospital because she was sick, but the various reporters baracading her way out of the hospital told her otherwise. Not only did it happen, but now everyone she would run into from here on out would know what had happened to her. "You can do this," Zelo smiled as he squeezed her shoulder before pushing her wheelchair out.

"Minzy...Minzy..." various reporters called out as flashes of cameras were blinding her and microphones being shoved right in front of her face.

"Were you and your teacher lovers?"

"Did you have with your teacher to get a better grade?"

"Were you wearing skimpy clothes to get his attention?"

Gripping tightly at the handles of the wheelchair, she did her best to keep a straight face as she was wheeled to the car where Hyuna and Fei waited. Pushing the crowd out of the way, she felt her brother protectively scoop her up and gently place her in the car. After jumping in, Hyuna hit the gas and they were off. The ride was quiet, thank goodness for Minzy's part as they arrived at her house. She sighed as she saw her father's car, knowing she would be getting an ear full tonight.

"I got it from here girls. You two must be tired, go home and get some rest. I'll see you both at school tomorrow," Minzy grinned at Hyuna and Fei.

"But...but we want to help you," Fei pouted.

She chuckled as she rolled her eyes, "You can help me by going home and taking care of yourself, you both look like !"

The three girls laughed before Hyuna's face became serious, "Well I guess we should get going. We have some things to take care of. Right Fei?"

Fei nodded as she smirked to Hyuna, "Right."

Minzy sighed as she glanced over Hyuna, " don't do anything stupid. I don't want to see your dumb plastered all over my tv screen." Fei and Hyuna laughed as they high fived each other. "I'm serious, don't be a dumb . I need you es tomorrow at school, got it?!"

The two straightened up as they nodded, "Yeah."

"Good, now get out of my face before your fugly face gets caught on camera."

Both Hyuna and Fei gasped as they shielded their faces before running off, causing Minzy to laugh at how silly they looked. "Oh God those two are too funny."

"Minzy do you want me to carry you," Zelo smiled.

She returned the smile as she shook her head, "No thank you baby boy. I'll just need you to just let me lean on your arm for support. The meds haven't worn off just yet."

He sighed at his stubborn sister before doing what she asked, "You know dad is probably going to give you an ear full."

She shrugged knowing it was the easiest part of this whole disaster, "When does he not?"

The siblings chuckled as they entered the house. It was dark and quiet, not a good sign. But Minzy gave her brother's arm a reassuring squeeze before letting go. Stepping with all the strength she had, she made her way to her room to here a muffled cry. Stopping in her tracks she knew very well who it was. Turning to her parent's room she reached for the door knob to see that it was locked. Shaking the door knob she knocked hard, "Mom? Mom open the door."

The door swiftly opened revealing her father who quickly reached out and grabbed her by the neck and slamming her against the nearest wall, "Where the have you been?!"

He was squeezing so tight that he was cutting her air way, but she refused to show him that he was hurting her. She glared hard and spoke through gritted teeth, "Why does it matter? It's not like you really care."

He raised her up higher before slamming her harder against the wall. "You're right I don't really give a damn. Only when it concerns me then I do." Her father released his grip, letting her fall to the ground.

"What the hell dad," Zelo growled as he came rushing in to help his sister up.

"Boy don't get in the middle of this. Your retarded mind wouldn't understand it," he chuckled evilly. 

"At least he has a brain, you've basically drank away all your brain cells you dumb drunk," she hissed.

"You're not any better you little . You're just like your mother..."

"I'm nothing like my mother. I would've killed you by now," she cut him off.

"That may be true, but you're still a little ! I knew you were sleeping around, but with your teacher?! Seducing older men?!"

"Dad stop! She was ," Zelo tried to defend his sister.

"Boy girl's that are usually are the ones asking for it!"

"Says the ," Minzy said under her breath.

"What did you just say," their father stepped closer to her before Zelo stood between them.

"Dad she didn't..."

But Minzy had other plans in mind as she pushed her brother to the side to stare at her father, "You heard right. I called you a ing !"

"Wha..."

"You probably just did it to her before you came out the room right?"

"I didn't...I was teaching her a lesson."

She shook her head, "No you her because you know that's the only way you can get some, by force. Right ?" She smirked  as she saw that her comments had affected him.

"You little..." Her father tried to lunge at her to have Zelo pull him back. "Let me go! I need to teach that lesson!"

She flipped her father off before she turned to look into her parents room to see her mother balled up in the covers. Sighing, she walked in and locked the door behind her, "Mom? Mom?"

"Minzy," her mother mumbled through a raspy voice. 

"Yeah mom it's me," she said as she sat next to her. "What happened?"

"I...are you okay," her mother asked as she peeked out from under the covers.

"I'm fine."

"That's good, I knew you'd be alright," her mother sniffled through the covers.

Her mother's comment tugged at her heart. This was what her mother thought of her and as warming as it should sound it wasn't. It was frustrating to hear her mother praise her for something Minzy craved for her mother to do once. She wanted so much to see her mother how she did when she was a young child. Craving to be in her mother's shadow, but gazind down at the covers she knew better then to wish for something so silly. Pulling the covers down, she looked at her battered mother and frowned. Becoming the care take care of her family at such a young age, she wondered if life would always be this gloomy. Always a care taker, never being taken care. It was a title forced upon her, even though time and time again, she had tried to give that title to her mother she would only cower in the face of her fathe. Hating the fact that some things will never change, she helped her mother sit up. 

"Mom let's go take a hot shower and get some rest," she said as she heard her father storm out of the house.

"Okay," her mom agreed as Minzy helped her up. 

Now that her mother was settled in the shower, Minzy made her way to the kitchen. Taking out some items from the pantry she began cooking a meal for her brother and mom. "What are you doing? You should be resting. Let me do this," Zelo shook his head as he grabbed the frying pan away from his sister. 

"Zelo..."

He shook his head as he continued to finish cooking, "Minzy I know how to cook. You already taught me how."

"Good thing too, because women love a man that can cook," she grinned as she took a seat. Sighing she couldn't help but think about how crazy tomorrow would be.

"Here eat this. You don't look so well," he frowned as he placed a plate in front of her. Taking a couple of bites she then pushed it to her brother, "Thanks little bro, I'm going to go take a quick shower."

"Minzy are you serious?! You just..."

"Don't nag me, only I can nag on you," she pinched his cheek before making her way to her room. 

 

"Minzy are you sure you have the strength to go out? You just got back from the hospital," Zelo said as he plopped onto his sister's bed.

"I just need to go and clear my mind so that I can actually rest tonight. I won't be too long," she grinned as she kissed the top of his head before giving a turn at her mirror. She looked flawless in her black mini dress and red stilettos. It was simple, but she wasn't going out to impress anyone. She meant every word she said. "I'll be back in a little. Don't wait up for me."

"I won't," he sighed and waved before shutting the door.

 

Taking out her fake ID, she made her way to the front of the line. "Se7en," she said in shock to who was the guard. Squealing as she jumped into his arms, she couldn't believe her eyes.

"Minzy," he chuckled as he embraced her. "What are you doing here?"

"I should be asking you that? When did you get back," she smiled up at him. He looked more handsome than she remembered.

"I'll catch you inside when the line calms down," he nodded for her to pass through.

She laughed forgetting where she was and nodded, "Yeah sure thing." 

Entering the club, she slightly bobbed her head as the music hit her in full blast. Making her way through the waves of bodies dancing everywhere, she quickly found her way to the bar. "Well if it isn't my favorite little alcoholic. How are you superstar," the bar tender asked as he smiled at her and tossed her two shot glasses. 

"Oh God you actually watch the news," she teased as she quickly downed her shots. "Give me the hard stuff. I have school bright and early tomorrow so I need to get out of here quick."

"You got it," he nodded as he sent her two more shots. 

Taking one glass in each hand, she made her way to the dance floor. Dancing without a care in the world, she downed her shots. Tonight she wanted it to be her and her alcohol as she danced back and forth to the bar and dance floor. She was on cloud nine as she danced in a sea of strangers and her drinks. As she turned she was caught off guard by seeing Seunghyun standing before her. She was a little startled, but figured it was the alcohol and continued to dance. 

"Minzy," she heard her name being called. She turned and saw Seunghyun reach out to her, but she shook her head and made her way to the bar.

"One last shot please. I think I'm starting to see people I hate," she called out as she continue to sway to the music.

"Minzy who are you thinking you're seeing," the bar tender asked.

She turned to see Seunghyun making his way toward her, "My annoying ex!"

He chuckled as he shook his head, "No he's not imaginary. He's really here."

"What?!"

"Se7en called him. I don't think he knows you and Seunghyun aren't together anymore," the bar tender explained after hearing her words.

"! Then I guess that's my cue! See ya," she waved as she made her way out.

"Minzy wait let me go get Seunghyun for you," Se7en caught her arm to stop her before she could exit.

"Please don't. I'm fine, really," she faked a smile as she tried to pull out if his strong grasp.

"You are in no condition to drive," Se7en gave her a look of concern.

She shook off his grasp feeling agitated, "Don't! I don't need him to take care of me anymore. Didn't you hear? Your brother and I aren't dating anymore!"

"What," he asked confused. 

"Minzy..." Seunghyun appeared. "Let's..."

"No I don't need you to take me home! I'm nothing to you now remember?!"

"That's not true," Seunghyun interjected.

"Se7en I'm sorry you had to find out like this, but the next time you see me don't call him to come get me. He already has someone he's taking care of."

"What? Bro you were just telling me the other day about how happy you two were," Se7en asked confused.

"He's happy? Now I know where you finally stand," she spoke coldly as she walked away. 

"Minzy wait, let me at least take you home," Se7en called after her. "Please," he breathed as he blocked her door. "Let me make it up to you for being a dumb ." She pressed her lips together as she tossed him her keys and walked to the passenger's side. Catching a glimpse of Seunghyun, she could have sworn he looked ashamed but she shrugged it off. The ride was quiet at first as they listened to the music playing, "You know he still loves you right?"

She coughed a laugh as she rolled down her window, "Se7en you still see us as what we used to be, not how we are now."

"True, but guys make stupid mistakes all the time, especially my little idiot of a brother," he sighed. 

"But it's not a mistake. You should see the way he looks at her and how he treats her. I'm the one standing in the way of their happy ending," she finally admitted her thoughts out loud as tears began to stream down her face. "Every time I try to take myself out of their pathetic fairytale, I just can't."

"Maybe it's because it's supposed to be your fairytale," he offered.

"My life isn't a fairytale but a nightmare that no princess could ever live in," she shook her head and faced towards the window to hide her tears.

"Which makes yours a beautiful nightmare," he grinned at her as he pulled up to her house. 

"Why couldn't you be my boyfriend again," she teased as she wiped at her eyes.

He shrugged, "Maybe because you were too faithful to my idiot little brother to notice anyone else?"

She laughed as she nodded, "That's probably right." Sighing as she wiped her eyes and cheeks as turned and kissed him on the cheek, "Thank you. I needed this."

"You're welcome, anything for my little sister."

The conversation stopped as Seunghyun pulled up. Not looking at him, Minzy smiled up at Se7en and hugged him tight, "I don't know what I'd do without you."

"Just call me or visit me at my new job if you need anything or want to talk alright," he said as he jumped out of her car and handed her the keys. 

"For sure," she smiled as she kissed his cheek. "Bye," she waved to him as she ignored the driver and headed into the house.

 

 

Author's Notes:

Aish I know I know there are so many fics where the girl gets . BUT...I wanted to demonstrate Minzy's strength and will power of being able to escape. You know, with the title of this being Strong...Willed, get it? haha! Gosh and pardon the cussing, these are mean girls for one and violent scenes call for violent words. LOL, okay okay I'll stop trying to defend my actions. But I hope you all aren't offended by it. Thanks for reading, commenting, and subscribing!<3