30.

Strong Willed

Minzy and Zelo sat in the conference room at a law firm that Teddy had instructed them to be. Though Teddy really wanted to be there, Minzy wasn’t having it. She insisted that Zelo and her would be just fine without him. Expressing that he should probably make use of that time to get caught with work and life in general. This had Teddy torn, he wanted to be there for them but she was right. Gratefully Teddy didn’t press the issue any further and gave her the details for the will reading. She had been feeling a hot mess with her father’s passing, she didn’t need something or rather someone to add into it. Shaking the thoughts as a few lawyers came walking in, she stood to greet them, “ Hello.”

”Ms. Gong nice to meet you, I’m lawyer Lee,” the young woman smiled with two lawyers flanking her on either side. “Please have a seat,” to which everyone sat down around the conference table. “Now,” the lawyer placed a set of files on the table and opened the the top one. “According to this will Mr. Gong states that everything he owned will go to his children,” pulling the first file from the stack she then pushed the rest of the files towards Minzy and Zelo. “ In these files you have the documents to all of his assets.”

Flipping open the first file it numbers and words she could only piece together to assume, “My dad had investments.”

Nodding the lawyer continued to read, “To my children who I never truly deserved, I leave all my worldly possessions in hopes that you both will live a comfortable life that I wasn't able to give you when I was alive. Please understand that in my own way I loved you both, I just never knew how to show you both. With all my love and hopes for a bright future for you both, your father." 

Minzy was trembling as the tears spilled over her cheeks. Leaning onto her brother, who wrapped his arms tightly around her she whispered a soft, "Thank you." 

"Now I understand that this must be a hard time for you both, but we do need to get both of your signatures before we can go in depth with what your father left you both," Lawyer Lee said as she pushed forward documents with pens. "I've gone through and highlighted where I need your signatures." Nodding Minzy took a set while Zelo mimicked her and did the same. Signing every line, Minzy couldn't help but repeat the words that the lawyer had read in her mind. Pushing the documents back to the lawyer, she continued to let her tears fall freely seeing as she was with strangers who had dealt with this a lot. Sitting quietly, she wanted nothing more to just get up and leave as the lawyer skimmed through to make sure everything was signed. "Well, like I said before I am Lawyer Lee. These are my associates Lawyer Kim and Song, the three of us are now your legal team." 

"Legal team," Minzy eyed them susiciously. 

"Yes, you both are coming into a lot of money and your father made sure to lawyer you guys up as a financial safety net. I have taken the iniative to hire a small team of financial advisors to assist us with this case," Lawyer Lee added. 

"Wait, how much money are we talking about that needs both a legal and financial team," Minzy asked the question that was weighing on both her's and Zelo's mind. 

Nodding in understanding, Lawyer Lee looked at the pair seriously, "After going through and calculating everything with your father before his passing, it was brought to our attention that you both are now multi-millionaries." 

Minzy gasped in disbelief, unsure if she heard right, "Excuse me? That doesn't sound right. I mean, I know we weren't poor. But we most definitely weren't rich. There must be a mistake." 

"No," Lawyer Lee began to explain as she opened the various files and showing them to the syblings. "There's no mistake. Your father was smart with having investments, savings, owned assets like your home and cars, along with his life insurance, not to mention the money coming from Mr. Park's construction settlement. All in all you both are now multi-millionaries."

"So...how...what do we do," Minzy was at loss for words with the revealed news. 

"To my understanding you both are on holiday break, but I would recommend to first meet with your financial team in the next few days. I've already put together the file on your team and they are expecting your call. I would advise you both to not mention the change in your financial status to anyone, at least until after meeting with your financial team. After meeting with them, I would like to meet with you both again to figure out the details of whatever financial plan you both decide to go with," glancing down at her wrist, the head lawyer turned to Lawyer Kim and nodded. "I'm afraid that's all the time I have for today. I will leave you both in capable hands to answer any further questions," Lawyer Lee stood and bowed as she excused herself to leave. 

"Any questions," Lawyer Kim smiled.

"Can I have the will? Mainly the attached note for us," Minzy smiled as she sat staring at the paper that Lawyer Lee read minutes ago. 

"Certainly," Lawyer Kim moved the paper over towards Minzy. 

As shocked as she was with all the money they were coming into, it was the will that really had her. Clutching the paper in her hands, it was the highlight of the meeting and proof of the love her father had for them. 

 

Minzy and Zelo sat in silence as they pulled up to Grandma's cafe. Turning off the car, Minzy gazed over at the stack of files on Zelo's lap and took out the most important paper. Rereading the words her father wrote to them, she closed her eyes and inhaled deeply, "Zelo..." 

"What are we going to do," Zelo asked, finally verbalizing his thoughts after being in shock for the majority of their visit. "What does this mean for us?" 

"Zelo we've become rich. So basically, you can do whatever you want..." 

"With the supervision of our financial and legal team of course," Zelo scoffed in disbelief as he ran his fingers through his hair. 

Minzy chuckled at how bizzare it sounded, "True. Just don't go spending your half on stupid stuff." 

"You just told me I could spend my money on whatever I wanted," he countered teasingly. 

Shrugging she grinned, "Fine, do what you want but if you end up on the streets don't come running back to me to take you in." Laughing as her brother made a funny face at her, she absent mindedly answered her phone. "Hello?" 

"Minzy, hey girl how are you," Hyuna spoke through the phone. 

"Alright I guess. How about you," Minzy asked as she waved for her brother to go in and that she would follow. 

"Great, just thinking about you is all. Are you free tonight," Hyuna sang. 

"Umm...what's up," she asked hesitantly. 

"So...remember that blind date I've been trying to get you on..." 

Minzy let out a loud sigh to drown her out, "Hyuna...." In the middle of her sigh, her phone buzzed. "Hey let me call you back I have another call on the other line." 

"You better ," Hyuna warned as she hung up. 

"Hello," Minzy gratefully smiled to herself. 

"Minzy? It's Mr. Park," Mr. Park chimed through the phone. 

The smile stayed present on her lips at the sound of Mr. Park's voice, "Hey Mr. Park, how are you?" 

"I'm doing well dear, I'm doing well. I know this is last minute, but my new wife is planning a special dinner and I wanted to invite you and your brother. I would really like you both to join us and catch up with you," Mr. Park spoke with sincerity. 

Minzy couldn't deny such a request, especially since she did not want to go on a blind date, "Actually that sounds splendid, Zelo and I would be delighted to come for dinner tonight." 

"Fantastic, I'm excited for you both to meet my love of my life," Mr. Park sang through the phone like a love sick puppy. 

This had Minzy giggling and even more interested in the dinner, "I'm excited as well. I'll see you tonight then." 

"Sounds like a plan. Goodbye," Mr. Park said before hanging up. 

 

Minzy was grateful to have avoided the possible blind date. Dressing in a simple dark blue dress with white heels, she wanted to dress nice but not over do it. Gazing over at her bed, she looked over at the pile of files. Plopping on her bed, she quickly made a call to the financial team she needed to call. Being told earlier, they expected her call and gave her a list of times and days of when to meet. Surprised that they were willing to even meet on Christmas, she shook her head and scheduled to meet with them in two days. "Minzy are you ready," Zelo called as he made his way out of the bathroom. 

Turning, she was impressed to see the stunning young man standing before her in a dress shirt with dark jeans, "Wow." 

"What," he shrugged. 

Walking up to her brother, she reached up and cupped his face, "You look awesome. I feel for the girl you bring home. She better be extra special." 

"I fear for her too," he teased causing them both to laugh. "Now let's get out of here, I'm starving." 

 

Minzy was surprised to see Teddy pull up next to them, parking the car as Zelo jumped out to greet him. She was all smiles to see Teddy dressed in a white button down dress shirt and black dress slacks. "Wow someone came all fancy." 

"I have to make a good first impression in meeting my boss' new wife he talks about so much," Teddy gave a crooked smile at her as he extended his arms out to let her have a look. 

His confident smile made her feel a bit gittery, but not as much as when her brother mimicked him and made a funny pose. This made both her and Teddy burst with laughter as Teddy joined in making goofy poses with him. "Stop," Minzy laughed harder. "People are going to think you guys are on drugs." 

"I'm all about the natural high," Teddy teasingly made one last dramatic pose before they all walked towards the house. 

After laughing so hard, Minzy linked her arm onto her brother's. She felt a bit light headed after a good laugh, "I wonder what Mr. Park's new wife is like." 

"By the way Mr. Park talks about her, he makes her sound like a Goddess," Teddy smiled to himself at the memories of Mr. Park yapping on and on about his new love. "But I'm happy for him. I don't think I've ever seen him this happy." 

"That's good..." Minzy nodded, she was glad Mr. Park was able to find someone great to love. 

Approaching the front door, the group was startled by the sudden appearance of Seunghyun. He held a look of panic and worry as he stared at them all, "Minzy...Zelo..." 

"Hey Seunghyun," Minzy said trying not to read into his expression. She didn't want to think about why he was there, it wasn't her business to question it either. Stepping forward, she moved to enter the house to be blocked by Seunghyun's body. As if it wasn't confusing enough, he quickly wrapped his arms around her as if he was trying to shield her from something. "Seunghyun," she breathed into his chest as she tried to move out of his grasp to have him pull her in tighter. 

"Trust me," he whispered with concern. "Please trust me," he pleaded. Sighing deeply, he held her in place as he gazed at Zelo, "Let's get out of here." 

"What's going on," Teddy stepped forward as he eyed Seunghyun. 

"We're leaving," Seunghyun answered as he tried to shuffle away with Minzy still in his embrace. 

Teddy moved to stop him, "We just got here. I think we'll leave when we're ready." 

Bom soon came to view behind Seunghyun as she tipped toed to see what all the ruckus was, "Seunghyun what are you doing? I was trying to introduce you to my step mother..." Growling as she realized who was in his embrace, she shoved the pair in disgust, "Are you ing kidding me?! In my own home?!" Minzy was grateful that Seunghyun was able to keep a firm grasp on her as they stood at the doorway instead of flat on the pavement. "Why do you keep choosing that ing over me," Bom cried. 

"Hey don't call my sister that," Zelo stepped up irritated by Bom's harsh words. 

Teddy stepped in the middle, holding his hands up to keep the peace, "Hold on, hold on. Let's just calm down." 

Meanwhile Seunghyun still had a protective hold on Minzy, "Let's get out of here please. Trust me let's go!" The urgency in his voice, had her stomach tightening. Her gut had her giving in as she relaxed against him.

Letting him lead the way out as Zelo stood with a hard glare over at Bom, Mr. Park appeared next to Bom. "What's going on here?" 

Minzy peeked over at the scene she was leaving to see a familiar woman appear right beside Mr. Park. In one swift motion, Minzy was out of Seunghyun's grasp and heading back towards the house. "Mom," Zelo's glare faulted out of confusion. The last time he had seen his mother was before his coma. 

Minzy stood in front of Zelo, becoming a shield, "What's going on here?!"

"Zelo...Minzy," their mother looked just as confused and surprised to see them. 

"Sweetie do you know them," Mr. Park turned his gaze to his wife. 

Minzy saw a streak of red blur her vision as she gazed at the dazzling diamond ring on her mother's finger. Turning in fury, she grasped onto Zelo's hand to pull him away. But she was surprised when he broke free and moved further towards the house. "Mom what are you doing here?! I thought you were dead! I thought something bad happened to you," Zelo cried. 

"Zelo don't cry for that ," Minzy hissed. 

"Don't call her that," Bom barked. 

"I can call my mother whatever the I want," Minzy spat. Turning her glare towards her mother, she felt the fury burning deep within her, "You got your ing wish. My father is dead and you now have the life you always wanted." 

"That's not fair," her mother began to cry. 

"Don't cry, you don't ing deserve to," Minzy said through gritted teeth. 

"Minzy I won't have you disrespecting my family," Mr. Park warned. 

Scoffing as she looked in disbelief at the man she thought she respected deeply, "Don't worry I was just leaving." Turning she gazed over at her brother who continued to sob, "Don't cry for her, she left us without even looking back." 

"Minzy," Teddy spoke up as he comforted her brother. 

"Don't," she hissed as she walked away. Clutching her fists tightly as she picked up her pace, she fought the light headed feelings off. Gratefully reaching her car, she held onto the hood as she tried to steady herself. 

"Minzy let me drive," Seunghyun breathed as he rushed over to her. She didn't have the strength to argue with him as she moved towards the passenger side. Reaching for the handle, she began to see double before everything faded out. 

 

Minzy awoke to the soft humming of a machine. Slowly coming to, she sat staring up at the white lights as her eyes adjusted. Shifting her eyes around she realized the humming came from the vitals machine that was hooked her as she inhaled oxygen from her nasal cannula. Hissing as she felt her body aching, she noticed someone shifting around next to her. "Minzy darling are you awake," Mrs. Choi softly spoke as she leaned forward and brushed the stray hairs away from her face. "I'm going to call the nurse okay," Mrs. Choi quickly left to do so. Thankfully, this allowed Minzy to gaze around and get a better sense of what was going on. 

"Hi Ms. Gong, it's good to see you awake," the nurse said with a smile with Mrs. Choi following right behind. Minzy attempted to respond, but was only able to let out a weak dry groan. Closing her eyes as she felt a sharp pain in . "Don't worry sweetie, right now we just need you to relax and stay calm so you can continue to keep healing." There was no use in trying as she kept her eyes closed and allowed the nurse to assess her. 

After everything was said and done, Minzy kept her eyes closed not wanting to deal with anything. Anything including the expectant gaze she could feel being shot her way by Mrs. Choi. Giving in, she slowly opened her eyes to see Mrs. Choi giving her a loving smile. "Hey sweet heart." Closing her eyes as the tears began to flow, she sat and listened to what was going to be said. "I'm so happy you're awake. You gave us all a scare, especially Seunghyun. He has been by your side the entire time you've been unconscious. He left briefly to go shower and grab a bite to eat then he'll be back." The tears fell harder as she thought back to how hard he tried to prevent her from seeing the truth. The truth that had upset both her and her brother. 

"Z..." she tried to croak out her brother's name and failed miserably. 

"Zelo," Mrs. Choi asked as she moved closer to see Minzy nod. "He's with Teddy. He's taken what happened very hard." Minzy hated the fact that she couldn't clench her fists. She was so weak and in pain. Quietly she tried her best to stay still to prevent any more aches or pains. "Just relax Minzy. I think the doctor will be here later on after talking with the nurse." She didn't really have a choice or a voice to even object. Inwardly cursing herself, she tried to keep her thoughts from racing while she lay helpless. 

 

Minzy lay still awaiting the doctor as a knock came at the door. Not being able to reply, Minzy shifted her eyes towards the door to see her legal team file in. "Hello may I help you," Mrs. Choi asked suspiciously. 

Lawyer Lee was at the bed side, analyzing Minzy to assess the damage, "Ms. Gong is this an acquaintance of yours." Nodding to grant the lawyers permission to continue, Minzy lay still and listened. "After assessing the damage caused we feel it is in your best interest to no longer affiliate yourself with the Park family. We also strongly encourage you to sue the new Mrs. Park for child abandonment. She also is indebted to your late father, which is now to you for stealing part of your father's wealth along with the wedding ring he wanted you to have after she left your family. I have the paper work and agreement that states that she signed to pay back your father as well as return the ring. What should we do?" Minzy thought about what was being said and gazed from her lawyers towards Mrs. Choi who sat in confusion before nodding. "Should we take legal action," her lawyer clarified. Nodding once more, she allowed her team to continue on with addressing the issues at hand. "Now I know you were supposed to meet with the financial team today..." her words brought stress and panic to Minzy's eyes. She didn't know how, but she had lost two days, just like that. "I understand you just woke up, but I've already talked with your financial team and they're planning on meeting here to get acquainted and go over numbers later." Minzy felt an oncoming headache to add onto all the other pains she was feeling. "It's probably best that Zelo is here as well so that the team can get familiar with you both." 

"I will call him," Mrs. Choi offered before dialing Zelo's number. Explaing the request, Mrs. Choi was quick get Zelo to agree to come right away. "Alright he's on his way." 

 

Minzy was glad to have time to herself as the legal team walked away. Zelo had ended telling Mrs. Choi that he wouldn't be able to make it and that he trusted Minzy's choices. Closing her eyes, she diverted Mrs. Choi's gaze and tried her best to keep it together though she felt other wise. Suddenly a knock came at the door, flashing her eyes open she looked to see what she assumed to be her physician. "Hello I'm doctor Dong, it's good to see you awake. You've been unconscious the past two days..." Though she had heard Mrs. Choi mention it, hearing it from the doctor brought on a new kind of stress. "Don't worry, your body needed the time to recover. It seems as though you were malnourished and lacked sleep. We've been pushing fluids and nutrients through you as you slept..." as he continued to explain what happened over the past two days he continued to assess her as she lay soaking it all up. 

 

After on a few ice chips, Minzy was able to cool . Shaking her head as Mrs. Choi held the spoon full of ice chips towards her, she forced out a soft no. Watching as Mrs. Choi nodded and set the cup down, she was met with a loving gaze, "Baby girl don't give up the fight..." The gaze became too strong for her to hold as Minzy closed her eyes. But Mrs. Choi being the woman that she was, gently cupped her face. Slowly meeting Mrs. Choi's gaze once more, she couldn't help her eyes from watering. "You can do this. Don't give in." Letting the tears fall, she gave a slight nod as Mrs. Choi wiped away the stray tears. 

 

Minzy felt her strength coming back as she continued to give short responses to Mrs. Choi who kept talking away. Hearing the knock at the door, she looked to see Grandma being wheeled in by Teddy and Zelo following right behind. "Minzy," Grandma cooed as she shot up from the chair and shuffled over to her bedside. 

"Hi," Minzy breathed as Grandma gave her a sweet kiss on her cheek. 

"Please sit here," Mrs. Choi moved to make room for Grandma to take a seat next to her. 

Grandma gladly took the seat before taking Minzy's hand in hers, "How are you holding up dear?" 

"I'm...okay," Minzy coughed with a small smile. Gazing over at her brother, she couldn't help the feeling of sadness. He couldn't meet her gaze as he kept his head down and shuffled from side to side. "Zelo..." she whispered loudly. "Zelo..." Watching as Teddy turned to nudge her brother, he looked up at her with blood shot puffy eyes. She had never seen Zelo look so sad in her life. It hurt her deeply as a stray tear fell from his eyes and he dropped his gaze to the floor again. "I'm sorry..." she felt guilty for not having this talk sooner with him. 

"Teddy can you please take me down to grab a coffee son. I'm feeling a bit cold," Grandma gave an encouraging squeeze to Minzy's hand as she shuffled back to the wheelchair. 

Mrs. Choi was up on her feet following them, "Let me show you where the cafeteria is." 

When everyone left them to themselves, Minzy called out to her brother again, "Zelo...will you come and sit here? I...my throat still hurts." After her brother was seated next to her, she couldn't help but sigh seeing him hold his gaze on the ground. "What do you want to know?" 

Looking up with tear filled eyes, he couldn't help but mumble, "All of it." 

Minzy did her best to hold back her side comments to it all and told him everything that happened with their mother. Answering any and every question he had, she did her best to keep it as unbiased as possible. After all that was said and done she revealed that their lawyer wanted them to sue their mother. "No, I don't want to," he mumbled through his tears. She knew he would say that and nodded as she sat quietly awaiting any further questions. "Minzy..." he looked her in the eyes sadly. "I met with mom the other day..." she held back the rage as she tried to listen to what he was saying. "I know you probably wouldn't want me to do it, but I needed to see her and find out for myself. She told me everything you did and I just...I want to thank you. Thank you for never leaving my side." 

"I would never..." 

"I know, which is why I want to ask you to continue to be by my side as I enlist at the end of my senior year..." 

"That's in a couple of months," she gawked in shock. 

Nodding in understanding, he took her hand in his and smiled sadly, "I need this." 

As hard as it was for her to grasp what he was thinking, she could see him begging through his eyes for her permission. "You're old enough to make your own decisions, especially since you'll be out of high school by then..." 

"No," he shook his head. "I want to know if you're okay with it." 

"Honestly no, but I will be," she sighed in defeat. She smiled as he reached over and embraced her tightly. "I'm gonna kill Seunghyun for putting this idea in your head." 

"He doesn't know," Zelo laughed as he pulled away. "You're the first to know." 

"I better be," she couldn't help but stare tenderly at her growing brother. "I love you, you know that?"

"I know," he smiled as he took her hand in his. "I know." 

 

Minzy was grateful to have been discharged the following morning. She had met with the financial team and had the night with Zelo by her side. It was comforting to know they were willing to bend over backwards to continue growing their wealth. Smiling to herself as she was being wheeled out by her brother, she was surprised to see Seunghyun along with his parents out front to greet her. "What's going on," she eyed them suspiciously. 

"We're taking you home," Mrs. Choi chimed as Seunghyun got out to open the door for her. 

Soon after Teddy pulled up from behind with a big smile as he waved, "Hey Minzy." 

"I'm going to leave with Teddy," Zelo told her as she looked at him confused. "I need to go help with the cafe and I won't be able to really take care of you," Zelo sheepishly confessed. 

"I can take care of myself. I don't understand why we need to make this a big deal," she sighed as she shook her head. "Just wheel me to my car..."

"Your car is at home sweetie, don't make me come out there," Mrs. Choi called. 

Inwardly groaning, Minzy pushed herself out of the wheelchair and carefully made her way into the car. Avoiding Seunghyun's assistance, she fought through the pain and hopped into the car. Closing the door behind her, she watched her brother rush away towards Teddy's truck. "You guys didn't have to..." 

"Yes we did," Mr. Choi cut in. "We all discussed it and found that it was in your best interest to stay with us. You'll be staying in Se7en's room and Mrs. Choi and Seunghyun will take care of you," he instructed as they drove off. 

"I don't think that's necessary," Minzy mumbled as she leaned her head upon the window. "I think I can take care of myself." 

"Dear it'll only be a couple of days and Seunghyun literally has nothing to do since he no longer is going to go back to school. He'll just be preparing to leave after the holidays," Mr. Choi said as if it were an every day ordeal. Holding her gaze towards the window, she couldn't help but feel a bit sad. Maybe things were really hard on Seunghyun she thought as they continued to drive away. 

 

After getting settled into Se7en's room, she lay staring off in space. Grateful to finally be left to her own thoughts, she curled up in a ball and laid quietly. Closing her eyes, she inhaled deeply as she let sleep over come her. "Sweetie, sweetie it's time for dinner," Mrs. Choi called with Seunghyun following behind with a tray of her dinner. Minzy wanted to sleep longer, but Mrs. Choi persisted as she sat next to her and began to rub her arm. "Dear you need to eat something and then you can go back to sleep." 

Turning over, Minzy sighed as she allowed Mrs. Choi to help her sit up. Steadying herself up against the wall, she looked to see the bubbling porridge. It looked like it was made from scratch and smelt nice, but she didn't have an appetite for it. "Now, I'm going to have Seunghyun sit here with you to make sure you eat most of this and then you can go back to sleep. Mr. Choi and I are going out to a nice dinner since he took the day off and all..." 

"Sorry," she breathed knowing she was the reason for Mr. Choi being home. 

"Don't be sorry, it's been a while since my husband has taken me out. So thank you. Call me if you need anything," Mrs. Choi instructed before giving her a kiss on the head and taking her leave. 

Minzy sat quietly looking at her food before looking at Seunghyun who stood by the door way, "You really going to watch me eat?" 

"Do you really want to end up in the hospital again," he countered. 

His come back stunned her as she fixed her gaze on him, "Sorry for the inconvience. I wasn't planning on passing out or being unconscious for two whole days." 

"You're not an inconvience," he shrugged as he stuffed his hands in his pockets. "You'll never be." Minzy hated how his words affected her deeply. She figured since she was still somewhat unwell and mentally a mess, things seemed to get to her easily. Sighing she reached over and filled her spoon with porridge and consumed it. Taking a few bites, she placed the spoon back down and began to lay down again. "Wait you've got to eat more then that." 

"I don't have an appetite," she continued to move down, but was stopped as Seunghyun came to her side.

Sitting next to her on the bed, he frowned as he scooped more onto the spoon, "My mom told me to make sure you eat it all but if you at least eat half of this then we'll call it good." Moving the spoon towards her lips, he began to make a sound of an airplane. "Here comes the plane..." 

"Don't..." she began to say as the spoon entered and the porridge filled . 

"There you go," he smiled as he scooped more onto the spoon and making more airplane sounds. 

Swallowing what was in , she took hold of his wrist and gave him a hard look. Guiding it to , she ate what was on the spoon, "I can feed myself." 

"Not like this though," he teased as he attempted to scoop more. 

"Seunghyun please, don't do this," she grumbled as she looked away. Pressing her lips tightly together, she dodged his airplane scoop. 

After a few more failed attempts, Seunghyun frowned and placed the spoon back down, "Alright, you can feed yourself and I'll just sit here." Minzy did enjoy his teasing, but she told herself that she should feel otherwise. She needed to be left alone and in order to do that she needed to eat. Taking the spoon in hand, she started to sip at it, letting the only sound be the clanking of the spoon in the bowl with her small slurps. Glancing over as she took another bite, she noticed him on his phone texting away. Grateful to not be closely watched, she was able to finish the bowl and without a word moved to lay back down. "Thank you Minzy," he replied to her movement before taking his leave. 

 

Minzy awoke to the soft circles being rubbed onto her back. They felt comforting and she couldn't help the hum of delight that escaped her lips. "Hey, my parents decided on taking a longer night out." She sat still listening as Seunghyun continued to run his hand gently against her back. "I have a surprise for you." 

"I don't want it," she mumbled. 

"But it's an early Christmas present from a good friend," he tried to coax her. 

Rolling her eyes, she figured Hyuna would try to send that blind date over to Seunghyun's house. It would be awkward, but very interesting. "Is it from Hyuna?"

"Nope." 

"Can you eat it," she guessed again. 

"I mean..." he weighed out her question. "You could..." 

Turning to face him, she eyed him suspiciously, "I could eat it, but I'm not going to?" Watching him shake his head in conformation, she sighed as she extended her hand out. "Alright let me have it." 

"You have to come with me to get it," he informed her. 

"But I'm weak," she said with a pout as she lay comfortably. 

Stepping forward, he bent down over her, "Would you like me to carry you?"

It wasn't a bad idea, at least she thought so when she nodded. Startled to feel her body being lifted, she quickly reached up to wrap her arms around his neck. "Wait I was kidding," she breathed as they were already out of the bedroom. 

"It's too late," he smiled as he craddled her in his arms and descended down the stairs. "," he hissed when they were at the bottom. Looking up at him for an explanation, she saw him shake his head as he made his way to the closet and picked out the first coat he saw. 

"Are we going outside," she asked curiously. Her words were answered when the coat was draped over her and he was moving to open the back door. Heading out to the backyard, he had set up two fold out chairs next to a portable firepit that Minzy remembered using years ago when she would spend her evenings at Seunghyun's house. Whispering a quietly thank you as she was gently placed in a chair, she sat and waited as he took the seat next to her. As if on cue to her questioning gaze, he pulled out a bag from behind the chair. "," she breathed seeing how much weed he had on him. 

"I know," he grinned victoriously wiggling the bag like they hit the jackpot. "Daesung sends his best regaurds and hopes that you get better in time to enjoy your Christmas," Seunghyun said as he pulled out the paper to roll up the first joint. 

"Well ," she chuckled as she watched him season the paper heavily. 

"Yeah I may have told him you were in the hospital, which is why the bag is as big as it is. He also said that it's the newest out there," he said before handing the joint over to her. 

Gladly accepting it, she was all smiles when Seunghyun tossed her the lighter. Lighting the er up, she took a deep inhale. The weed was pretty strong as she coughed a laugh after her first hit, "Whoa it's been a minute." 

"Is it good," he asked as he quickly rolled one for him. Catching the lighter that Minzy tossed back, he lit it and took a hit too. "Holy ," he exhaled. "This is some serious ." 

Minzy chuckled as she puffed on her joint, "He has nothing but the best."

Seunghyun appeared to struggle adjusting as he continued to cough and smoke, "This is the strongest he's ever given me." 

The memory of the last conversation with Daesung flashed in her mind, making her giggle, "That's because you can't handle the real stuff." 

"The I can," he scoffed as he continued to smoke and cough. 

Laughing at how he couldn't hack it, she shook her head and continued to smoke. It was a void she didn't know she had until now. Concentrating on every puff of smoke she blew out, she started to feel herself pulling away from all her problems. "You know, you really ed me over this time." 

"What did I do," Seunghyun exhaled as he began to slowly get used to the strength of the weed. 

"Zelo has decided to do his military service after he graduates in a couple months," she puffed on the joint. Exhaling out the white smoke, she was grateful for the tingling feeling she started to feel down her back. "He really took seeing my mom really hard I guess. And now he's running away from his problems like you are." 

"," he chuckled at her jab. "I try to cheer you up and still somehow bring you down." 

"You've become an expert at that," she laughed as she leaned back in her chair and continued to smoke. "Thanks for getting this though. Even though you are a ing let down." 

"I'm going to take that joint back if you keep insulting me," he teased as if reaching for it. 

Giving him a hard stare, she held the joint between her lips and did quick puffs, "Not if I finish it first." 

Laughing at her serious tone, he raised his hands up in defeat, "Alright fine. Go ahead and finish that one." 

"I was planning on it," she nodded as she leaned back at on her chair once more. 

"Daesung was telling me that he tried to hit you up, but you didn't answer. That's when I told him of your situation." 

"Ugh...ing hell. I don't wanna look at my phone," she breathed. 

"Don't worry, everyone who needed to get in contact with you has," he shrugged. 

Slightly annoyed, but only slightly she found herself staring up at the night sky, "Have you been looking through my phone?" 

"I had Zelo bring your charger and when your phone I only saw what popped up on the screen," he tried to defend himself. Meanwhile she sat quietly, not wanting to gauge the conversation further. "Who is this blind date that Hyuna mentioned? Sounds like she's been trying to get you to on a date with this guy for a little while." 

"Why do you care," she tried to brush it off. "It's nothing." 

"Don't be like that. Of course I care about you. Even if you don't want me to, I can't lie and say other wise," pausing to take another puff, Seunghyun exhaled deeply. "I know you don't want to hear this, but I'm ing selfish and I'm going to say it anyway. I'm leaving because of you." His words had her ears burning with interest as she continued to quietly smoke. "I can't stand what we've become. I want more, but you've shut me out completely. Having you out of my life for those few weeks was ing miserable and exhausting. All I could do was think of how much of a up I was and how no matter what I do I can't fix anything."

Exhaling as she stared up at the night sky, the stars began to sparkle, "That's the ing problem with you. You seem to always try to ing please everyone and fix . ing hell Seunghyun it's like we keep going in circles. I keep having the same ing conversations with you. You say you want me, but you do that don't ing make sense." Shaking her head, she mimicked him with a deep tone, "Minzy I want you but I can't stop being with Bom. It's complicated you don't understand." Sighing deeply, she smoked the last of her weed, "It's not that ing complicated Seunghyun. Just ing mean what you say and do it." Standing on her feet, she shuffled his way and snatched the bag of weed before walking back into the warm house. Walking up the stairs, she was grateful to see her phone sitting on Se7en's dresser fully charged. Pulling it off the charger, she quickly dialed Hyuna's number. 

"What's up ," Hyuna answered right away. 

"Pick me up at Seunghyun's house right now please. I need to go home," she breathed as she hugged the bag tighter. 

"Why are you at Seunghyun's," Hyuna asked. 

Sighing at Hyuna's prying questions, she heard noises as if someone was coming up the stairs, "Pick me up in about two hours. Text me when you get here."

"Fine," Hyuna replied as she bid farewell and hung up. 

Quickly hanging up, Minzy turned away from the door and laid down craddling the bag of weed like a teddy bear. Shutting her eyes tightly she hoped that he wouldn't come and try to conversate again. Holding her breath as she heard him walk up to her doorway, she lay still listening to figure out what he was going to do. Hearing him shift side to side, she could sense him debating on whether or not to engage. After a few agonizing moments, she heard him let out a sigh of defeat as he turned to leave. She in turn let out a sigh of relief as she stayed still, hoping that he continued to let her be. 

 

Hearing her phone buzz, Minzy reached for it to see the text from Hyuna that she was waiting outside. Clutching her phone and bag of weed, she slowly turned around and listened. She had heard Seunghyun descend down the stairs an hour ago, but she wasn't quite sure if he left the house. Not hearing a sound, she shuffled to her feet and retrieved her charger as she tip toed down the stairs. Gazing around, it appeared that he was no where to be found. Slyly sneaking out of the house, she made her way into Hyuna's car with a sigh of relief. 

"Holy girl, what the happened to you," Hyuna eyed her. Minzy appeared to look deathly ill. 

Waving her off, she nodded for her to go, "Life, now take me the home." 

"Alright," she simply said as they drove off. 

 

Minzy had dozed off and awoke when Hyuna announced their arrival, "Thanks girl." 

"Are you sure you're okay? Did you need me to take you to the hospital," Hyuna asked out of concern. 

"Believe it or not, but I just got out this morning," Minzy chuckled as she jumped out the car. "Thanks again. I'll see you after the holiday break?"

Hyuna gave Minzy a once over as if it was odd, ", will you survive the holiday break?" 

Minzy flipped her off with a laugh, " you. Of course I will." 

"Alright, call or text me if you need anything," Hyuna gave her a look of concern as if unsure she should leave her. 

"Bye ," Minzy nodded in understanding as she turned to move towards the house. She was grateful that Hyuna brought her to the house, if she were to go to the studio she would probably get an ear full from Grandma and Zelo. Finding the spare key tucked into the light, she let herself into the dark home. Locking the door behind her, she walked in the darkness towards her room. Grateful that she didn't fully pack everything in her room, she tossed the items she was holding onto the dresser before plopping onto the bed. Rolling into the covers, she was able to drift off to the dream world with no interuptions.