25.

Strong Willed

Minzy couldn't believe how fast her Summer had come and gone. She had grown accustomed to waking up early to meet Grandma in the cafe to open up shop. To working on the studio with Teddy as he cracked some jokes in the process. Afterward having dinner with Teddy and Zelo feeding off each other's humor with Minzy to laugh at it all. Then most importantly ending the day talking with Zelo as they prepared for bed to start the day over again. As tiring as it all was, it was worth it to her with the great people currently in her life. 

Moving the new sofa in place, Minzy sighed as she plopped down onto it. It was nice and soft as she laid her head upon the arm rest, "This is heavenly." 

"Yes it is," Teddy sighed as he sat next to her looking around. "We finally finished," he said proudly. 

"With only a few days left before school starts," she chuckled as she eyed him. "Weren't we supposed to finish this a week and a half ago?" 

He scoffed a laugh, "Hey some things don't go according to plan." 

"If you did more focusing on the plan and less time trying to convince me on futuristic things we'd have this done," she coughed a laugh. "It's no wonder why you struggle with keeping on task."

"Ouch, please keep insulting the one who spent their time off here to fix your place up," he pouted.

She shrugged with a grin, "Thank you, even if it's Grandma's studio."

"Thanks for the back handed compliment," he chuckled. "But we should probably throw a house warming party. What do you think?" 

"The only type of party I would like to have is a sleeping party," she sighed at how comfy the sofa was. 

"I was thinking maybe I can make dinner tomorrow night? We could invite Grandma too to see the finished product," he smiled. 

His idea had her sitting up and pondering, "I like that idea." Bumping her shoulder against his, she grinned, "Sounds like a man after my heart." 

"I might be buying the food, since I'm not that great of a cook," he chuckled.

She nodded with a smile, "Sounds like a man trying to poison my heart."

The two laughed as Zelo came walking in. Zelo gasped as he looked at the final results. It surpassed his expectations as he looked around. "Whoa," he breathed. Gazing around he became aware of his sister and Teddy laughing together on the new sofa. "Hey guys."

"Zelo you're home. I'm gonna get dinner started," Minzy smiled as she hopped up onto her feet. As she went about preparing the dinner, Teddy came over to see if he could help. Nodding over to the vegetables for him to wash them, she looked in the fridge to find the rest of the items. 

"I'm so sad," Teddy said at the sink.

"What are you sad about," Zelo asked as he moved to sit at the kitchen table.

"I no longer get home made food," he pouted. 

Minzy laughed as she remembered their deal, "You're right!"

"I won't get it as much either, since Minzy and I are going back to school I know she'll be too busy," Zelo added sadly.

Minzy shook her head at the hopeless young men, "Really guys? You both need to learn how to cook seriously. Do you think you'll ever find a woman who wants to do all the cooking by herself? It's a new decade, women have a lot more to do then take care of men." 

"Harsh! Are you saying I'm not worth being taken care of," Teddy teased.

"You are both worth it. Just know that women would like to be taken care of too," she suggested.

Zelo and Teddy looked at each other before getting up on their feet to move Minzy to sit while they went to work on dinner. "Minzy we will take care of you," Zelo said proudly.

"Yes, we want you to know you're worth it," Teddy winked. Minzy laughed at the two, who appeared to be somewhat confused on how to prepare the meal. Shaking her head, she moved to get up to have Teddy hold his hands up to stay her. "Just tell us what to do," he grinned. Nodding she tried not to laugh as she gave them instructions, watching them rush around like chickens running around with their heads cut off. 

 

Minzy was grateful that she was able to go shopping for school. Finding her way through the school supplies, she couldn't decide which type of pens to grab. "Minzy," she turned subconsciously when her name was called. 

"Mrs. Choi," Minzy smiled as she embraced Seunghyun's mother tightly. "It's good to see you." 

Mrs. Choi smiled just as big, "I've missed seeing you." Mrs. Choi was an active woman. Always on the go. The only time she could get Mrs. Choi to sit still was at Seunghyun's practices and games. During those times, Minzy had become very close with Mrs. Choi. They had shared many great experiences supporting Seunghyun from the side lines. 

"It's good to see you too," Minzy smiled. 

"There is a preseason game today, in like a hour or so. You should come with me," Mrs. Choi said with a light squeeze of encouragement. 

"I'm not sure..." Minzy bit her lip. She wasn't sure if Seunghyun had told his mother of their situation and she honestly hadn't thought much about him over the Summer. She had been too consumed with work and working on the studio to think of anything else. 

"Please dear," Mrs. Choi pouted. "My husband will be joining us tonight and you know how he gets." 

Minzy nodded as she thought of Mr. Choi. He was pretty stern and strict. But she couldn't blame him after he had come from a humble beginning and worked his way to the top of the business industry. Being at the top came with a lot of responsiblities that required him to be away from home. Minzy could only remember a handful of times that she had seen Mr. Choi around since he was always working. It was when Seunghyun started to show some potential in basketball that it had Mr. Choi coming around more often. Seunghyun had noticed it as well, pushing himself harder to better himself in hopes to get more of his father's attention. And that was what Mr. Choi wanted to give when he came to any of Seunghyun's practices and games, but Mrs. Choi would ruin it. Of course it wasn't on purpose, but she tends to continually talk and ask questions throughout the entire time. This near caused a fight between the Chois at one of Seunghyun's game. But being the good girlfriend that Minzy was, she moved in between the couple and allowed Mrs. Choi to both her while Mr. Choi concentrated on Seunghyun. It was the unspoken tradition that happened ever since that time when Mr. Choi attended games. "I need you please," Mrs. Choi begged. 

Minzy always struggled with saying no when it came to Mrs. Choi, "Fine." 

"Thank you," Mrs. Choi squealed in delight. "Would you like us to pick you up?" 

"No that's fine, I can meet you at his school. Which school is it," Minzy asked. She didn't want to get Mrs. Choi all worked up about moving into a new place or the complications at home. 

"Seoul University," Mrs. Choi smiled

Minzy inwardly groaned at the thought of attending the same university, but she kept that thought to herself, "Alright, I'll just take my shopping home and I'll meet you there?"

Mrs. Choi smiled brightly as she hugged her, "Thank you so much! I'll see you in a little."

After waving goodbye, Minzy frowned. Picking up a pack of random pens, she made her way out the store to find the nearest clothing store. 

 

Minzy threw on some black tights and a loose long blouse. She wanted to go comfortable as she slipped on a pair of tennis shoes. Walking down to the cafe, she smiled as she made her way into the kitchen to see Zelo and Grandma baking more goods. "I'm going to a game," she said announcing her presence.

"Like a basketball game," her brother asked knowing very well that was the only type of game she would ever refer to. She shrugged trying to make it seem like it was nothing, but her brother knew better. "Since when did you stop ignoring Seunghyun? And what happened to getting school shopping done?" 

She sighed as she leaned on the counter, "I was busy and I don't know what to say to him anymore." Waving off that complicated thought, she told him her reasoning, "But that's besides the point, I'm going because Mrs. Choi asked me to. Mr. Choi is going to be there. And I did most of the shopping." 

"Are those your friend's parents," Grandma chimed in.

Minzy nodded with a smile, "They're like the parents we never had." 

"They always treated us good," Zelo agreed. "Well then, tell them I said hi. Will you be back for our house warming party?" 

"Yeah, I plan to leave after the game," Minzy said as she waved goodbye. 

 

Following the crowd of people flowing into the stands, she gazed noticing how massive it was. Someone could most definitely get lost in such a large stadium. "Minzy," she heard her name being called. Glancing around, she grinned as she noticed Mrs. Choi waving over to her. Quickly shuffling around others chatting away and finding their own seats, she smiled as she hugged Mrs. Choi tightly. "I'm glad you could make it," Mrs. Choi smiled. 

"Good to see you dear," Mr. Choi stood and embraced her afterward. "Thanks for saving me," he teasingly whispered into her ear. 

"You're welcome," she grinned to herself as she took her rightful space inbetween them. 

"Wait Minzy, let's go grab some snacks," Mrs. Choi smiled brightly. "Dear did you want anything," she asked as she looked to her husband who watched the court intently. Minzy followed his gaze and saw that Seunghyun was out on the court warming up. He looked more lean and fit as he took his turn to shoot the ball. In turn, he moved and in doing so looked over. Their eyes connected and it was first the look of recognition with a brief glimpse of something else. But before she could place the look, she was being pulled away by Mrs. Choi. "This is just like old times," Mrs. Choi smiled as she linked her arm with Minzy's. Minzy simply smiled as Mrs. Choi took a turn down memory lane. They were simple yet happy times. Nodding as she agreed with how much she had bonded with Mrs. Choi throughout the practices and game attendances over the years, there was another thought tugging on her mind as they stood in line at the concession stands. 

"I'm gonna head to the restroom real quick," Minzy said as she excused herself. 

"Sure thing sweetheart, it's down the hall there. Is there anything in particular you want," Mrs. Choi asked.

Minzy shook her head and smiled, "Whatever you get is fine with me." After excusing herself, she headed down the direction Mrs. Choi had pointed out. Walking into the restroom, she made her way to the sink and held out her hand. Letting the cool water run over her hand, she gazed at her reflection and sighed. She didn't know what she was doing there, doubt and confusion clouded her mind as she thought of the way Seunghyun had looked at her. She had burned any physical memory she had of him, now if only she could burn the memories of him out of her mind. 

"Oh no," Bom spoke up as she opened a restroom stall and walked out. Cursing her horrible luck, Minzy reached for a paper towel to dry her hands and tried to ignore Bom. "Are you lost? You do know this is a university event," Bom hissed as she stepped towards the sink. 

"I'm glad you know it is," Minzy rolled her eyes as she threw her paper towel away. 

Bom moved to block the door and smirked, "What? Are you lost?" Not in the mood for such petty interactions, Minzy pushed Bom and didn't realize how much force she used as Bom stumbled backwards fumbling out the restroom and flat on her back. It was pure comedy as Minzy stiffled her laugh and walked away. Nearing where Mrs. Choi stood picking out the snacks, she was yanked back and met with fury. "You think you're so ing tough don't you?! Stupid es like you don't belong here, you hear me?! You don't belong here!" 

"Excuse me who..." Mrs. Choi was quick to Minzy's aid before she went quiet to see who was harassing her. Mrs. Choi's face fell flat before she gave Bom a stern look, "Take your hands off of her!" Taking Minzy's hand in hers, she was now the one burning with fury, "I'll have you know that she's here with me. So bite your tongue!" 

Minzy could feel Mrs. Choi becoming really upset with how hard she was squeezing her hand. Stepping in, Minzy shook her head and frowned, "Let's go." Gazing towards Bom who stood dumbfounded and embarassed, she shook her head and led Mrs. Choi away. 

"Nice girl my ," Mrs. Choi hissed under her breath. 

Stopping at the doors to enter back inside where the game had started, Minzy sighed as she looked over to the furious Mrs. Choi. "Mrs. Choi..." 

"I can't believe that girl. She's such a pain," Mrs. Choi shook her head in disbelief. 

"Mrs. Choi it's okay, really. What's not okay is to go in there and let your son see you upset. We don't want to distract him right," Minzy used Seunghyun as a distraction. Letting out a deep sigh of frustration, Mrs Choi nodded and agreed. "Alright, let's forget that happened and go enjoy our snacks for the game." 

"Okay," Mrs. Choi said before they walked in. 

 

Minzy had so much fun hanging out with Mrs. Choi, they talked and laughed about the game while Mr. Choi stayed focused on Seunghyun. When the game was nearing half time, Mr. Choi made his way down towards the court side. Meanwhile Minzy and Mrs. Choi began people watching. They would make up different scenarios and have a storyline for various interactions they saw, one being that of a envious guy sitting next to a couple wishing he was with the girl. This scenario had the pair giggling like little girls as Minzy mindlessly gazed around to spot Mr. Choi doing one of his infamous half time pep talks. Grinning at the predictable suggestions Mr. Choi was giving, she thought back to the various times that Seunghyun had pretended to mimick his father's voice and scold himself for not being more assertive. As if Seunghyun had heard her thoughts, he looked over to meet her gaze. Giving her a small grin as he quickly looked back at his father who probably was scolding him for not paying attention. 

"Someone is distracted, he can't seem to focus with you here," Mrs. Choi said teasingly. Minzy stayed quiet as Mrs. Choi continued. "You know, I almost died when my son told me that he was going to be a father. But I was even more shocked finding out it wasn't you. I had my suspicions that there was something off with that new girl coming around all the time. I told my son that girl was no good," Mrs. Choi rolled her eyes. "Luckily the heavens were smiling down upon us and it was a false alarm." Pausing, Minzy found herself watching as Seunghyun jogged off the court and towards the locker room. "Though he never said it I knew he was regretting things, especially when it came to you. Any mention of your name to him was a quick subject change or with Dongwook a big fight."

Minzy gazed over to Mrs. Choi who nodded, "What? They fought?" Mrs. Choi went on explaining on how Dongwook or as he was known by others as Se7en, it seemed that before Se7en left for his military service he brought her name up. Knowing how Se7en was, he wouldn't let Seunghyun down lightly always defending her honor which led to the brothers fighting. Mrs. Choi told Minzy that it was so serious that Mr. Choi had to be called back home to get their sons straightened out. Their house hold had some unspoken tension that lasted until Se7en left. After which Mrs. Choi recalled how Seunghyun's demeanor had shifted. He seemed to only have time for two things, sports and Minzy's father. My father," Minzy asked as she pointed to herself. 

"Did you guys finish up all the snacks," Mr. Choi asked as he took his seat next to Minzy. 

"No dear, we saved you some," Mrs. Choi smiled as she began to ask Mr. Choi what he talked about with their son. Meanwhile Minzy sat wondering what Mrs. Choi meant. Seoul University was winning by a land slide as they neared the last few minutes of the game, but that was far from Minzy's mind. She had been too preoccupied with her thoughts as she leaned over to tell Mrs. Choi she was going to leave. "You don't want to come celebrate with us after the game?" 

"Zelo and I have dinner plans with good friends," Minzy politely declined. "He says hi." 

"Awe my sweet Zelo," Mrs. Choi pouted. "Well you both need to come over some time for dinner. Don't be strangers like you've been over the Summer.Just because things are weird with my son it doesn't have to be with us." 

Minzy couldn't agree more with Zelo's words of how the Chois were like family to them at the moment, "Yes that sounds like a plan." Turning she gave a hug to both before taking her leave.

 

 

Clearing her mind as she made her way up to the studio, she was surprised to see the three people who made her Summer fly by. "Hey everyone," Minzy smiled as she took a seat at the kitchen table. 

"How was the game," Zelo smiled.

She shrugged as she started serving herself some food, "It was good." 

"Game? What game did you go to," Teddy asked chiming in.

"Did you go with some friends," Grandma asked.

"I went to a game at my college with some friends," Minzy nodded

"How are Mr. and Mrs. Choi," Zelo nodded in understanding.

Teddy looked from Zelo to Minzy in curiousity, "Mr. and Mrs.? You hang out with married people?" 

"That last name sounds familiar," Grandma added.

"Those are Seunghyun's parents. Seunghyun and Minzy used to date..." 

"Thank you Zelo, but you don't need to go..."

"Wait a minute," Teddy stopped eating as he put his hands up. "Seunghyun as the guy that you and Bom have been fighting over?"

Minzy inwardly groaned as Zelo interjected, "You know the girl who's been hurting my sister?"

"She's hurt you darling," Grandma chimed in. 

Standing to her feet, Minzy grabbed her things and walked out the front door. It was one thing to have Zelo knowing her business, but Grandma and Teddy? She shook her head as she made her way to her car. As she was opening the car door, she was blocked by Teddy. "Wait, don't go. I'm sorry." 

His quick apology was met with a small smile of gratitude, "Thanks, but I would appreciate it if you let me go. I would like to clear my head for a bit." 

"I was just a little surprised is all. I didn't know that you still kept in touch with his family," he tried to explain. 

She shrugged as she folded her arms over her chest, "I wouldn't expect you to understand, but I do love and respect Seunghyun's family very much. Just because I'm no longer with him doesn't mean I can just let go of the people who have also been in my life since I could remember." Pressing her lips tightly together, she didn't know why she was even explaining herself to Teddy, "Now would you please move so I can leave?" Reluctently Teddy shuffled out of the way to allow her to get in the car. Rolling her window down, she gave him a grin, "Thanks for dinner." 

"You're welcome," he said somewhat sadly as if he had lost.

Minzy didn't understand his reaction as she drove off. Glancing back in her rear view mirror, she saw him standing still watching her drive away. It looked really sad and she felt like a complete jerk. But she continued to drive off, she couldn't handle any more scrutiny because those were some of the doubts she had. Could she truly be friends with Seunghyun's family after everything? Letting out a deep sigh of building frustration, she drove to the first place she thought of. Pulling up to her favorite club, she by passed the line and was let in. Making her way to the bar, she nodded over to the bar tender who grabbed her a shot glass and filled it before tossing it down her way. Gladly accepting the cool alcohol, she downed it as she leaned her head upon the bar. 

"Haven't seen you all Summer," the bar tender teased as he poured her another glass. 

Cupping the small glass in her hands, she stared into it at an angle. "Had a lot of to take care of." The bar tender nodded as he went about serving the other customers. Meanwhile, she dipped her finger into her shot and traced the rim of the shot glass. She wondered why she sough solace in drinking. Sighing as she downed her next shot, she buried her head into her arm and closed her eyes. Trying to clear her mind from all the judgements, on top of the sad drama like scene that Teddy set in her mind as she drove away, she exhaled deeply. 

"I knew I would find you here...eventually," Seunghyun spoke up. But she did her best to stay still, in hopes that he would get up and leave her alone. "I just saw you take that shot. I know you can hear me," he whispered over to her. But she wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of catching her as she stayed unmoving. "Look I just wanted to come by and thank you for coming to my game..."

"It wasn't for you, it was for your parents," she mumbled into her arm. 

"What," he asked not being able to make out what she was saying.

Shaking her head, she wanted to disappear, "Just go away." 

"But I just got here," he shrugged trying to come up with an excuse to stay.

Frowning at his pathetic excuse, she was quickly on her feet and making her exit before she was stopped as he took hold of her wrist. Pausing in her tracks, she didn't know what was wrong with her as she stood frozen in place. She was hating herself at the moment as her heart rate picked up just by his mere touch. Biting her corner of her lip, she stood staring at the exit hoping that her senses would come back to her when Seunghyun moved to block the way. Diverting his gaze, she looked to the ground. It was her last defense against him as he gently tilted her head up towards him. The feel of his thumb brushing against her lower lip had her closing her eyes as she felt her stomach tighten. Closing her eyes as she loathed herself for being so weak against his touch, she was surprised as warm and inviting lips were pressed against her very own. Her mind went blank as she clung to him for support. The feeling of his lips brought a rush of memories. Kissing him with driven passion, it tasted sweet. The way he had given her a sweet treat as young children. The thought of happier times had her pulling him by the collar as she continued to make out with him. The memories flashed forward to a memory that still haunted her. Laying in her backyard as he confessed to why he not only loved her but Bom. Bom a girl who seemed to cause her so much grief when it came to the guy she was currently kissing. Doubt and pain clouded her mind as she stopped participating and pulled away. Wiping at her lips with the back of her hand, she glared at him coldly before making her way out. 

 

Minzy couldn't believe herself as she drank straight from the bottle of soju. Shaking her head in frustration, she leaned her head upon her car window. Pushing herself out of the car, she felt like she needed some fresh air. Hopping onto the hood, she leaned up against the wind shield and stared up at the dark starry night. It was like they were mocking her for being so foolish. Taking another swig, she sighed as she closed her eyes. "I must have really upset you," Teddy said as he leaned against her hood. 

"No, you didn't," she replied shortly. 

"Then why are you drinking like an alcoholic," he teased. 

His teasing manner had her grinning, "Alcoholics run in the family." 

"," Teddy sighed as he went quiet. 

Minzy had only meant it as a joke, but in fact it was kind of sad. Alcohol is what helped fuel her father and drove their family apart. "It was meant as a joke, but I seemed to have made it awkward." 

"Just leave the jokes to me, you're not that funny anyway," he nodded. This caused her to scoff as she turned to wack his arm causing them both to burst into laughter. "What? You're not funny," he continued to . 

" you Teddy," she chuckled as she drank more alcohol. 

Sighing as he joined her in laying on the hood of the car, "Wow it's beautiful out tonight." Looking back up, Minzy couldn't help the smile that crossed her lips as she agreed. The stars seemed to have a softer glow. Gazing over at Teddy, she found herself staring into his eyes. They sparkled like the stars above as he dazzled her with a smile. She could feel her cheeks starting to burn up. Burying her face into his shoulder, she wrapped her arms around his. She figured the alcohol was the cause of it all as she inhaled his fresh soap smell. Turning to lean her head upon his shoulder as she turned her gaze up to the sky she quietly listened as Teddy started a conversation as if what she was doing was normal. Gratefully she sat quietly listening as she continued to snuggle up against his arm. 

 

 

Minzy sighed as she turned from side to side, examining her outfit. Running the strawberry lip gloss onto her plump lips, she was thrilled to actually be going to school. "This is a fresh new start," she told herself out loud as she made her way out of the studio. Walking into the cafe, she inhaled the freshly brewed coffee and smiled to see Grandma sitting with Zelo.

"Good morning dear, I thought I'd make you some breakfast for your first day of college," Grandma waved her down and showed her the tupperware breakfast set up on the table. "I packed it just in case you want to take it to go." Minzy was speechless as she took a seat next to Grandma. Taking her hand in hers, she sat staring at the meal. "Is there something wrong dear," Grandma asked as she gave her hand a loving squeeze.

Minzy bit the corner of her lip as she closed her eyes. Her heart was full of gratitude, "No, everything is great."

"Then dig in before it gets cold," Grandma cooed.

 

With a full belly and heart, Minzy walked up to the university. Staring at the buildings all around, she was in awe at how the atomsphere of it changed compared to the Summer. There were students every where and the campus had things set up all around. Taking in her surroundings, she joined the crowds of students as she made way to her first class. Manuvering around she was able to spot a familiar face. Catching hold of the person's wrist, she smirked, "Well hello !"

"Minzy," Hyuna's face brightened as she looked to see who had stopped her. Turning around she gave a big embrace, "What the girl, I thought you died or something since I haven't seen or heard from you!"

Minzy chuckled as she hugged her dear friend tightly, "I know sorry, I moved and got a job over the Summer."

"Oh wow," Hyuna said as she spun her around. "My friend is so ing grown up now huh? You look very hot with this new look."

"Well what can I say, natural always looks best," Minzy confidently winked as Hyuna nodded.

"Okay, okay," Hyuna giggled. "Well I gotta get to my first class. I'll see you around," Hyuna waved.

"For sure," Minzy waved as she to took her leave.

Making her way into the lecture hall. Minzy slipped into an empty row. Placing her belongings down, she pulled out a notebook and began writing the title of the class at the top of her paper. Sighing as she watched her professor stand up, she focused in and zeroed out her surroundings. Minzy was grateful that she was able to review what the course was going to be and the expectations of how to get a good grade. She was feeling pretty confident by the end of class, she happily began to pack her things. But that happiness came and went when she got up to leave and saw Seunghyun sitting at the end of her row. Cursing her luck, she quietly turned to leave the other way. Creeping away quickly, she was impressed with her ninja skills as she exited. Rushing out with a victorious grin, she looked back to make sure she made it out safely to run right into someone.

"," she cursed as she smashed right into someone's arms.

"Whoa," a deep voice boomed as she was caught in strong arms.

Embarassed, she looked up apologetically to the person, "I am so sorry."

She was met with dark brown eyes, "Who are you running from?"

She bit her lower lip at the guy's question, "I..."

"Minzy," her name was called.

Minzy gazed over to see the answer to her question, "Hmm..."

There stood Seunghyun dumbfounded by her standing in some stranger's arms, "What's going on?"

She was still frazzled by the sudden interaction, she found it hard to piece her words together. "I got this," the stranger whispered against her ear. "Minzy is this a friend you haven't told me about?" She stood as still as a statue, when the stranger slung his arm over her shoulders and turned them to face him. "Hey man, nice to meet you. I'm her boyfriend."

Both Minzy and Seunghyun looked stunned by this stranger's words, "Uh..."

"The name is Mino, but you already knew that," the stranger smirked at Seunghyun.

Minzy curiously looked at Seunghyun to see the frustration and fury in his eyes, "You two know each other?"

Mino shrugged indifferent to Seunghyun's anger, "Yeah kind of." Turning his attention back at Seunghyun he nodded, "See you at practice. I gotta walk my girl to her next class." Mino's strong arm wrapped snug against her waist as the walked past the fuming Seunghyun. "Where are we off to," Mino asked as they kept walking.

"To...the...science building," she phrased in a question confused at what was going on. Minzy didn't know what to do or even how to react as they walked out of the building and into the court yard. But she was convinced the act was far from over as she pulled away to have in catch her hand and intertwine hers with his. "I think we're good."

"We are," he gave her a boyish smile as he squeezed her hand. "But now I'm gonna ask you to return the favor and hold my hand a little longer."

"Umm...okay," she phrased her answer in a question yet again with this stranger.

She quietly let him take the lead as she trailed him with their hands still locked. "The name is Mino by the way."

"Uh...nice to meet you," she quickly replied.

"Mino, it's so good to see you," a feminine voice chimed. "How are you," Minzy was surprised to see it was none other than Bom who flung her arms over him.

"Oh ," Minzy cursed as she wanted to walk away, but noticed that he had clutched onto her hand even tighter. She felt herself being pulled up alongside him to reveal they were holding hands.

"Bom I want you to meet..."

"Why the are you holding her hand," Bom squeaked in shock and disgust.

"The question is how the did you get accepted to this school," Minzy spat with just as much fire.

" don't get me started," Bom growled. 

" did you want a reminder of how much you can't ing fight," Minzy smirked. "I will a up in a heartbeat."

"You just wanna ruin everyone's relationships don't you," Bom rolled her eyes.

Minzy felt her face getting heated as she shot darts through her eyes, "Are you sure you're remembering it right? Your imagination is getting the best of you. You should probably get checked out for it. You crazy !"

Bom flipped her hair as she took out her phone and dialed a number. "Hey girl, you wouldn't believe it if I told you. Come meet me in the courtyard quick!"

Minzy could care less at who Bom was talking to as she was now the one taking the lead and dragging Mino away from Bom before she did something. But to her avail, Bom stood in her way to stop her. "Move out of my way or so help me I will you up right here right now."

"Are you sure you don't wanna see who I just called," Bom wiggled her eyebrows at her.

Minzy hated how Bom was affecting her so, as she shoved past her. Annoyed she was grateful to see Hyuna standing before her. But the look in Hyuna's face was the opposite of how she looked at her in the morning. "Hey girl."

"Hey girl? Are you ing kidding me," Hyuna hissed in frustration. "What the is going on?"

"What do you mean what is going? I have no ing idea, I'm just trying to get away from that ing who seems to be a really good friend to you," Minzy snapped back not knowing why her friend was talking like that to her.

"Oh so you have no idea what Mino is to me," Hyuna glared at her.

"And what exactly am I to you Hyuna? Another boy," Mino shook his head.

Minzy on the other hand had had enough as she yanked her hand away from Mino. She didn't want to be apart of the drama. She was fed up with it as she stormed away from the yelling match. Crossing her arms across her body, she rushed into her next class. Gratefully she was able to hear the excitment in her professor's voice on how much he loved science. As crazy as it sounded, his aura rubbed off on her as she too was excited to hear something other than arguing.

 

Picking up her things, she made her way out of class grateful for the peace of mind that this science class sounded interesting. But it wasn't as interesting as her next class. It was the class she was looking forward to taking. It was a class that she felt would take her to the next level.

"Hey Minzy," Seunghyun simply said as he fell into step with her. Stopping in her tracks she wanted nothing more than to deck him in the face. But instead she figured she would just ignore his presence as she tried to scurry away from him. "Minzy wait up," he called after her. But she wasn't having it as she set her eyes on the prize. Her next class was just inches away and as she raced into the classroom she grinned victoriously as she took a seat. "Whoa you have this class too. That's great," Seunghyun sighed as he took a seat next to her.

"I..." she didn't know what to say as she looked around in a panic and to her surprise she locked eyes with Mino who waved at her before making his way over. "," she growled as she quickly placed her things upon the desk on the other side of her. "Sorry this seat is taken," she quickly spoke to see Mino slide right into the seat.

"Thanks for saving my seat for me babe," Mino winked at her.

"She said that seat was taken," Seunghyun growled.

Mino leaned over and smirked, "Yes, by me. Her boyfriend."

"Alright class let's begin," the professor's voice boomed to hush the class. Inwardly groaning, Minzy shook her head feeling an oncoming headache. Taking out her notebook she did her best to focus after all it was business class. By the end of the class Minzy was thrilled with all the notes taken. The professor had brought up intriguing points to think about when it came to business. Points that made her think of Grandma's cafe and how she could improve it. "Ms. Gong Minzy will you please stay after class so that I may speak to you," the professor asked as he ended his lecture.

Minzy was surprised by the sudden name call by her professor, "Yes sir."

"Did you want me to wait for you," Mino and Seunghyun said in unison before glaring at each other.

"No thanks," she waved them both off as she made her way to the front of the class. "Yes professor?"

The professor gave her a wide smile as he extended his hand out to her, "Ms. Gong do you know why I asked you to stay after class?" She shook her head and allowed him to continue. "Why are you in this class?"

"I actually work for a great business and want to learn the ins and outs of the business world," Minzy proudly said.

"That's good to hear," the professor smiled. "I just want to make you aware that you're the only young woman in this course. I wasn't sure if it was because of that, but meeting you I'm sure it's not because of all the handsome young men in here."

Minzy scoffed as she laughed, "Professor I earned my way into this class room and I intend on earning your respect as well."

"Ms. Gong I mean no disrespect, I just wanted to make sure that you're here for the right reasons," the professor clarified.

"I am, believe me I want to be here," Minzy nodded.

"Great to hear, because I would like to take you under my wing as your mentor," the professor stated. "I know that it's harder for women to have a profound place in the business world..."

"I don't want to be a profound or famous business woman. Nothing like that," she shook her head.

"Then what do you want to be Ms. Gong," her professor asked.

She shrugged as she thought on his question, "Truthfully? I'm not sure."

"Then let that be your homework along with this," he said as he took out a profile and handed it to her. "I want you to study this case and decide if it will be worth taking advantage of or it will be a disadvantage."

"Okay will do, thank you professor," Minzy bowed before making her way out. Sighing to herself she made her way to her car to see Hyuna.

Hyuna huffed as she glared at her, "I thought we were friends!"

"We are," she said confused by her appearance. "Is it over that Mino guy?"

"Yeah it is," she hissed. "How could you be dating him?! I never saw you once this Summer with him and now..."

"Wait a minute," Minzy put her hands up in defense. "Look there's a misunderstanding here..."

"Yeah there is, all this time I thought..."

"Look Hyuna don't get things ing twisted! I don't even know that guy. I don't want to be apart of whatever you guys have going on. If you want him you can have him I don't give a ! But don't come at me like we haven't been friends all our lives for you to treat me this way." Minzy paused as she inhaled deeply, "You know what, I don't even know why I'm ing explaining to you. You'll just leave me like every other ing person in my life." Pushing past her so called friend she got into her car and drove off.