3.

Strong Willed

Lucky for her being suspended. Minzy was able to make a nice breakfast for herself and Zelo. “Zelo breakfast is ready,” she called up the stairs as she set their plates up on the table.

“Good morning Minzy,” her mother mumbled as she dragged her feet into the kitchen.

“Don’t touch Zelo’s breakfast,” she warned her mom before turning to make her way up to Zelo’s room. “Zelo mom is eyeing your breakfast you better hurry up,” she knocked on his door but didn’t get any reply. “Zelo? Zelo open the door,” she called as she turned his door knob to see that it was locked. She grew worried as she started to pound on his door, “Zelo?! Zelo open up!” She ran to her room and cursed herself for not having the key to his room and quickly ran up the stairs to unlock his door. Bursting open, she looked to see him on the ground shaking uncontrollably. “,” she cursed as she moved all the items away from him and sat next to him. She hated how helpless she felt as she waited for his seizure to finish.

She called for her mom to come and help her move him to the car, before she drove him to the hospital. Rushing inside she had the nurses come to her car and take her brother as she went to go park her car. She paced back and forth as she waited for someone to come and bring her news.

“Ms. Gong,” a nurse approached her.

“Uh-huh.”

“He’s okay for now. It seems that he had a blow to the head causing a concussion.” Minzy’s thoughts went to last night’s beatings as the nurse continued. “We’d like to keep him here for the night to monitor him.”

“Okay, that’s fine,” Minzy agreed feeling he’d be safer in here than at home. “Is it okay for me to go and see him?”

“Yes, he’s sleeping right now.”

“Alright thank you,” Minzy nodded as she quietly made her way into his room and grinned as he slept peacefully. Walking up to his bed side, she reached for his hand and took it in hers as she took a seat next to him, “Hey Zelo the doctors said you’ll be okay. But that you’ll have to stay the night here. So I’m going to go get your homework from your school and some change of clothes for us okay?” She sighed before kissing his forehead and quietly slipping back out of his room.

Minzy made her way out of the hospital to run into Seunghyun and Bom who were making their way in. She glanced away as if not knowing them as she walked past them. “Minzy,” Seunghyun called after her to see if his eyes were telling the truth or not. But she didn’t respond as she shoved her hands into her pockets and walked to her car. “Minzy what are you doing here,” Seunghyun asked as he ran up to her and stopped her from getting in the car.

“Excuse me I need to go,” she pushed his hand away as she jumped into her car.

“Are you hurt? What’s going on,” he asked as she started her car.

She sighed as she gave him a side glance, “Stop acting like you care.”

“But I do.”

“Really,” she coughed a laugh and smirked at Bom that stood a ways from them before driving off.

 

Minzy took a quick shower and gathered a duffle bag of clothing for herself and Zelo before heading down the stairs. “And where do you think you’re going,” her dad glared with a huge bump poking out of his forehead. As hilarious as it looked she pushed past him and gazed over to her mom who had fear written all over her face. “Did you wanna come,” she asked her mom.

“She’s not going anywhere,” her dad yelled from behind.

“Well do you,” Minzy ignored her father that was cussing up a storm from behind her. Her mom shook her head, making Minzy shake her head as she walked out. She couldn’t understand how her mom allowed herself to go through that every day, which was one of the main reasons as to why Minzy was the way she was. 

 

Gathering Zelo’s homework from school, she then headed back to the hospital with his backpack and duffle bag in hand. “Minzy?!”

“Oh gosh you’re still here,” she rolled her eyes as she made her way to the elevator.

“You broke her nose did you know that,” Seunghyun spoke in a scolding manner.

She shrugged her shoulders as she boarded the elevator, “And?” Reaching to close the elevator, Seunghyun put his arm forward to stop it.

“That’s not cool,” he sighed. 

She dropped the bags she was carrying as she pushed his hand away, “No I think cheating on me isn’t cool.” Clicking the button to close, she watched as he stood tongue tied. “Why did I end up dating such a dumb ,” she questioned herself out loud as she picked up the bags to head to Zelo’s room.

Peeking through the room, she smiled as she saw Zelo sitting up and coloring, “Minzy!”

“Hey,” she chuckled as she tossed the bags to the ground and gave him a suffocating hug.

“I…can’t…breathe,” he teased as she held him tighter.

“Oh shut up, you know you like my bear hugs,” she teased before releasing him. “What are you up to?”

He shrugged as he showed her a picture of him and her, “Just drawing.”

“Wow you’re a true artist,” she grinned as she watched him go back to coloring it.

“Thanks I’m glad you like it,” he smiled up at her.

“Of course I like it you dork,” she said as she nudged his arm. They both laughed as Minzy began to help him with his drawing.

 

 

Minzy slowly awoke to feel a poke at her right cheek. She tossed to the side hearing Zelo chuckle as he continued to poke her, “Stop being annoying.”

“Minzy wake up, the doctor is here.”

“Huh,” she gasped as she shot up to see the doctor smiling at her.

“Good morning,” he chuckled.

“Oh I’m so sorry. Good morning doctor,” Minzy gave him an apologetic smile as she tried to fix her hair and face as best as she could.

“After monitoring him over night, it seems like everything is okay. Zelo you can go home now.”

“Yay! I can go to school,” he cheered happily. 

The doctor nodded, “Yes you can. You are one of the few kids that I’ve seen be so happy to go to school.”

Zelo tugged on Minzy’s arm, “Hurry then, let’s get dressed so you can take me to school.”

“But I wanted to skip school to spend time with you today,” she frowned.

“Now that’s what I usually hear,” the doctor chuckled before he waved goodbye to the siblings.

“C’mon Minzy I wanna go to school. You know you wanna go too!”

“Not really,” she mumbled as Zelo quickly went through the duffle bag for his clothes. “Fine, go shower and get ready and I’ll take you to school.”

“Yes,” he cheered as he disappeared into the bathroom. She laughed at his enthusiasm before she too began to get dressed. In speed record Zelo was ready to go, allowing Minzy some time to go into the bathroom and get ready herself. “Hurry up Minzy, I don’t wanna be late,” Zelo called through the bathroom door.

“Hold your horses, I’m almost done.”

 

Minzy smiled as she waved to her brother who happily skipped into school. If only she too could be so happy to head to school. As she pulled up, she stuffed the duffle bag into the back seat before meeting Hyuna and Fei. “How was your vacation,” Fei grinned.

“I wished it was a vaction,” Minzy said before walking into school.

“Seunghyun and Bom…” Hyuna started informing her.

“They were at the hospital yesterday. I saw them,” Minzy said as if it were nothing.

“Wait, how did you know,” Hyuna asked stunned.

Minzy chuckled as she walked to her first class, “ I got eyes everywhere.” Hyuna and Fei chuckled along with Minzy as they followed her into class. Minzy bit her lip as she held in her laugh when she saw Bom wearing a clear protective face mask. “I didn’t know we were going to be playing ice hockey today.” The classed ooed at her cold remark, before she took her seat. She knew that was mean, but hell she deserved it for messing with her man. Minzy paused at that thought. She had given Seunghyun a couple of blows here and there, but she never really had the time to really talk with him. She wondered why she was still dating the bastard as the instructor began his usual boring lecture.

 

“So what are you going to do about Seunghyun and that low life,” Hyuna asked the very question she was asking herself.

“I don’t know,” Minzy shrugged giving an honest answer. But she knew she had to do something.

 

After class Minzy made her way out to see Seunghyun waiting outside, "Are you here to me to my next class?"

"No, actually I came to talk with Bom," he nodded behind her. She could hear Fei and Hyuna whispering as she stood fuming that he was embarrassing her. "Hey Bom I finished my part for the project," he said as she filed out of the classroom.

"Oh you did," Bom grinned at him as she glanced over to Minzy who was clenching her fist. As much as she wanted to go for a round two on Bom's face, she held back for Zelo.

"Yeah, do you mind if I walk you to class so we can talk about it," he asked as he took her books in his hands.

"Seunghyun she has hands, she can hold her own books," Minzy cut in as she glared at Bom to take the books back.

Bom took the hint and quickly reached for the books, "Uh...yeah I can hold them."

He shook his head and smiled, "No it's okay, I insist." He looked over to Minzy and nodded, "I'll see you at lunch." 

"What the ," Hyuna dragged out the last word as a no a didn't warning.

Fei glared along with Hyuna, "Don't worry Minzy we'll take care of that."

What the was right, Minzy couldn't believe after dating the for almost all their school life things were falling apart in days. He had really hurt her pride within the last couple of days whether he knew it or not and she figured he probably didn't. He was stupid, but she knew he wasn't that stupid. He knew what he was doing and she wasn't going to let him off that easily.    

 

 

Author's Notes:

Can I just say how much I like writing Zelo's character in here hehe? Anywho, thanks for reading, commenting, and subscribing. I hope you all are enjoying this fic as much as I enjoy imagining and writing it! <3