38.

Strong Willed

Minzy was grateful to hear Grandma would not be able to come back. She didn't want to explain the kind of day she had to Grandma as she waved goodbye to her fellow coworkers when Grandma had sent a car for her. She asked the driver to drop her off at her apartment and that she would send for him later on. She needed time to be alone and honestly after running into Bom she just couldn't deal with her again.

Arriving at her apartments, she thought of how annoying things had been since returning especially since she had seen Seunghyun. She had intentionally thought that she had left because of Zelo, but after seeing Seunghyun and Bom she was confused. It was one thing to see Seunghyun with an engagement band on, it was another to see that he was so willing to take it off for her. She wondered if she was evil to fancy the thought of actually considering getting back with him. The guilt of rekindling something she knew was toxic for the both of them had her feeling sad. They had been each others everything and her memories were evident of it. But one thing was for sure, the sadness came with the realization that time really couldn't heal all wounds, she thought as she made her way into the apartment. Quietly boarding the elevator, she sighed as she felt her phone buzz. It was a number her phone didn't recognize as she pressed it to her ear. "Hello?"

"You little ! How come you didn't tell me you were home," a familiar voice rang through the phone. 

Minzy grinned to herself as she let herself into the apartment, "I wasn't expecting to be here for very long."

", no one believed Se7en when he told us that you had gone to the club. What the actual ! This is calls for a mandatory meet up today," Hyuna insisted. 

Minzy let out a groan as she went through her belongings, "Can we do it another time?" 

"Nope! Now drop a pin so I can come and get you," Hyuna said. 

"Wait you mean like right now," Minzy paused in confusion.

"Yes right ing now," Hyuna laughed through the phone.

Minzy huffed as she plopped onto her bed, "Can I have time to at least shower? I'm just getting off of work." 

"Fine, we can meet up for dinner and drinks tonight. I have some errands to run and then it's me and you time ," Hyuna let out a soft sigh. "I've missed you ," Hyuna said before threatening to keep bugging her if she didn't send her address. Minzy smiled to herself as she hung up and sent the pin and moved to take a needed shower. 

 

Minzy had pinned up her hair into a nice messy bun of curls up into the side. She had no idea how to dress for tonight's activities as she wore a simple short black dress that hugged all the right curves. Placing her heels on, she decided to call Grandma to let her know she would not be coming home tonight but that she would be there tomorrow night after work. Satisfied by Grandma's loving warning to be safe, she bid farewell as her phone buzzed that Hyuna was outside. Shaking her head as she made her way out of her apartment, she was pleasantly surprised to find Teddy at her door ready to knock on her door. "Hey," she smiled.. 

"Hey," he grinned as he held up a bag. "I brought you some food since Grandma had called in sick for you today." He paused to take in her appearance and chuckled, "But I assume you are feeling better?" 

"A lot better. Thanks Teddy," she moved to close the door behind her before geting up on her tip toes to peck his cheek. "Maybe I'll buy you dinner some other time. But I have to go." 

"Go ahead," he grinned. Standing before him, she didn't notice how handsome he was. She knew he was handsome, yet it didn't affect her until now. She couldn't understand why she found herself really looking at him. It triggered the memory of his almost confession. Was it a confession or was it something else? Things were a little hazy from all the crying and overwhelming feelings to really distinguish the blur of everything that led her to five years later. Shaking the thoughts, she started to feel a little self conscious standing in front of him. . "What," he smiled down at her quietly observing him. 

"It's nothing. I'll see you tomorrow then," Minzy quickly moved to the elevator. Hopping in, she gave him a small wave and grinned as he waved back at her. As the elevator descended down, she sighed deeply as she fanned herself. She had to push those weird thoughts aside. She couldn't afford to complicate her current situation she thought as she walked outside. Minzy couldn't help the smile that graced her lips as she saw Hyuna waving like a mad woman.

"Minzy," Hyuna squealed in delight as she reached out to hug her. 

Minzy fell into the embrace as she was grateful for this reunion, "Hey Hyuna." 

Hyuna pulled away and began to wipe at the tears, "You got a ruining her makeup." 

She was touched as she grinned, "Don't be such a baby. You're going to make me cry." 

Hyuna waved off the comment as she sighed, "There is this new exclusive club that is very popular right now. I've only been there once, but maybe they'll let us in since you'll be a new face and all." 

Minzy scoffed as she rolled her eyes, "We're finally getting together and this is how you treat me? You want to use me for my body?"

"It's the least you can do for me since I'll be tying the knot this weekend," Hyuna wiggled her eyebrows as she raised her hand to show the sparkly diamond ring. 

"," Minzy breathed in disbelief as she stared at the size of the rock. "Is this from Mino?" 

Hyuna was all giddy, "Yes and you came just in time for the wedding! Girl there is so much to tell you." 

"Then why are we going to a club? Why can't we just go out to dinner," Minzy shook her head. 

"Girl this club has fine dining as part of the club," Hyuna squealed in excitement. "Mino had to pull some strings to get us in. But maybe you can work your charm and get the security guards to let us in. 

"I have no charm," Minzy laughed lightly as she noticed that Hyuna was not heading to the heart of the city but rather outside. Curiously, she was impressed to see Hyuna pull up to a large modern looking mansion. If it weren't for the red carpet that led to the entrance it would look have looked like a normal mansion home. Hyuna stopped in front of the red carpet as both doors were opened and hands were extended out to them. Minzy felt like a celebrity, as she placed her hand upon the out stretched one and stepped onto the red carpet. Hyuna came around and linked her arm with Minzy as they walked up to the large arch way where two guards dressed in all black suits stood as if listening to the ear pieces rather than acknowledging their presence. 

"Look at the camera," Hyuna nodded to the clear pannel of the door that had a high tech camera built into it. 

Minzy thought it odd, but did what her friend asked of her. Grinning as she looked straight into the camera, she was startled when the guard said her name. "Minzy?" 

Both Minzy and Hyuna looked at each other before looking up at one of the guard's that had finally addressed them. "How do you know my name?" 

"It's her," the man mumbled. 

"They didn't talk to me the last time I came here. In fact they acted like statues," Hyuna whispered softly unsure of what was happening. 

"Minzy follow me," the guard instructed. 

"I'm not going anywhere without my friend," Minzy said firmly. She was a little scared seeing how massive of a man he was, but she wouldn't show it. 

The guard froze as if listening to the ear piece, "Minzy and Hyuna can come in." 

"," Hyuna breathed nervously as she squeezed Minzy's arm and followed the guard in. 

Minzy took in the large arch way of the hall and was surprised to see the flow of highly dressed people laughing and talking leisurely all around. As they entered the large hall, Minzy was in awe to see the sea of bodies dancing in the middle with the DJ in the center of it all. Surrounding the dance floor were sofas and small tables that were near the dance floor as well as away next to the ceiling to floor glass walls that gave a surround view of both the city as well as nature. Walking through it all, they were lead to the all glass elevator where another guard stood in the same attire. He nodded to the guard as if expecting their presence and pressed the elevator button to allow Minzy and Hyuna to get on before he followed. Pressing the top floor, Minzy was intrigued as the doors opened to reveal a small and intimate lounge where there were a couple of people mingling while some danced and drank to their private DJ. Quietly moving towards the double doors at the far end, the guard stopped and looked to Hyuna and pointed at the sofas. "Have a seat. He wants to meet with Minzy privately." 

"Okay," Hyuna shrugged nervously as she reluctantly took a seat. 

Minzy was completely confused by it all as the doors were opened and the guard extended a hand for her to enter. Walking into the office, it was large and spacious. It had a bar on one side and a complete living room arrangement with a large desk sitting at the center of it all. The people that were lounging around, were quickly up on their feet as they all shuffled out leaving the man who kept his seat turned out to the beautiful view below and two guards that stood on either sides of his desk. Unsure of what to do, she walked up to the desk and stopped. "Yes?" 

"Baby girl don't you know it's rude to disappear like you did," the man's voice boomed as he spun around to reveal himself. 

"Dae," she breathed. Shaking her head, she was moving around the desk and being scooped up into his arms. "You ing scared me!" 

"I scared you? You scared me," he chuckled as he held her tight. "When I learned of your disappearance I thought I could track you down. But apparently you had money to keep your whereabouts hidden," he rolled his eyes. 

She shook her head as she held him tight, "Why would you do such a thing?" 

"That's what friends do for each other," he coughed a laugh as he hugged her tighter to make her laugh. 

Pulling out of his embrace, she leaned upon his desk and looked out at the gorgeous view he had. "I see the weed business has been booming." 

"I grew bored of doing just that. It's now just a side hustle. This is my new business," he extended his hands out as he sat next to her. Kicking his chair out the way, they both sat and stared out at the city. "I'm coming up in the world." 

She smiled as she bumped her arm against his, "I'm proud of you Dae. You deserve it." 

He moved to sling his arm over her shoulders, "If you'd like, there is this new product of weed that is quite amazing. I could get you some."

"Only if you smoke it with me," she giggled as she shook her head. 

"But of course. I wouldn't entrust my smoking buddy to just anyone," he scoffed as if slightly offended. Shaking the thought he nodded to the door, "How do you know that woman?" 

"She is a long time friend. How do you know that woman," she eyed him suspiciously. 

"It's my business to know those that are heavily involved in my dealings," Dae shrugged. 

"Daesung what the does that mean," she chuckled. 

"It means that I don't like when people mess with my money. I don't know what exactly is going on, but I feel like her husband is cheating me out of money," he growled. 

"How," she grew concerned. Dae was a carefree loving guy in her eyes, but she knew better than anyone that if someone were to ever cross him they would be in big trouble. 

He shook his head as he stayed staring out into the glass windows, "I don't know just yet. But I know that there's something up with Park Constructions." Minzy felt her chest tighten as she slowly turned to look at him. "I've been in the works with getting another exclusive club opened on the other side of town but there seems to be some issues." 

"What issues would that be," she frowned. 

"He continually keeps coming up with ty excuses of not getting the work done. Ultimately he has come to the conclusion that I should relocate it," he huffed. 

"And what do you think about it," she questioned him. 

"I think he's full of and that is where I want my club to be. I would take my business elsewhere but that would take more money and probably lose me that location," he hissed. Closing his eyes to calm his nerves, he turned to look at her with an apologetic grin, "I'm sorry I've been stressing over this for a little while. It is starting to weigh heavily upon me." 

Minzy wrapped her arms around his midsection as she held him tightly, "I'll fix it." 

"You'll make it all better," he lightly chuckled and leaned his head upon hers. 

"I will get this issue looked over tomorrow," she nodded as she looked up at him. 

"And who are you to do such a thing," he asked her cutely as he pinched her nose. 

She laughed as she smacked his hand away, "Don't worry your pretty little head Dae. I will save the day." 

"Something tells me to believe you," he grinned at his dear friend. 

"Believe me when I say this...I'm hungry. Can I get something to eat," she smiled brightly as her stomach grumbled right on time. 

"You mean to tell me that you didn't come by just to see me," he coughed a laugh. 

She rolled her eyes as she shook her head, "No actually I was forced out. Now will you come eat with us?"

Dae moved to follow her out until there was a knock at the door and two guards came walking in, "Sorry sir but we have a situation going on." 

Dae sighed deeply as he handed her his phone. "I'm sorry Minzy, maybe some other time. As for now let dinner be on me." As Minzy was entering her contact he turned his attention to one of the guards. "Make sure Minzy and her friend get all access to VIP amenities while they are here. And you come and inform me what is going on." 

"Here," Minzy handed him the phone as she nodded for him to take a look.

He gazed down and bursted into laughter as he scooped her up into his arms and embraced her tightly, "Thanks Weed Bestie." 

"Gladly," she smiled as she followed the guard out to find Hyuna sipping on some champagne. Smiling at her friend who was enjoying being catered to, she nodded for her to follow. 

" I didn't know you knew the boss," Hyuna gawked as she shuffled along side her. 

Minzy smiled as she shrugged, "I didn't either." 

The pair was escorted the roof top of the club. They were offered bikinis and freshed popped champagne as they walked out to find themselves on what looked like a tropical escape. The white sands and palm trees that scattered along the vast escape was met by a modern and high end bar, pool, hot tub and a DJ. Minzy was even impressed to find that some people were enjoying massages and personal escorts. "Oh Dae," she smiled to herself as she was convinced by Hyuna to change into their bikinis. 

Accepting the glass of champagne, she moved out to the pool to see Hyuna laying in a tube floating with a small float that held her drink. "What are you a rich house wife," she teased. 

"You can say that," Hyuna shrugged. 

Shaking her head, Minzy waved for one of the waitresses and asked if there was any food. "Sorry I'm starving." 

"You can have your own personal chef make anything you want, either in front of you or I can have it brought to you when it is ready." 

"I can really have anything," Minzy eyed her curiously.

"Yes," the woman grinned. 

Minzy sighed as she thought about it, "How about a large steak, medium-rare with carmelized onions and mushrooms?" 

"Would you like it made in front of you?" 

Minzy shook her head, she knew the pressures of what it was like to please the customer as well as put on a show if they requested it. It was part of customer service she was taught. "No that's fine." 

"I will have a small garden salad. I have to watch my figure," Hyuna called out from the pool. 

"Coming right up," the waitress smiled as she left to do their bidding. 

Minzy smiled brightly at how quickly she was being served up a nice hot juicy steak. It came on a small table that she was able to sit over her lap as she sat by the pool. Pouring the steak sauce onto it, she dug right in and let out a soft moan of delight. "It's so ing good!"

Hyuna laughed as she floated over and began to eat her salad, "Surprisingly my salad is delicious."

"Sure," Minzy laughed as she continue to eat. "You said that you'll be married this weekend?" 

"Yes and since you're here. I am going to need you to get fitted for your dress," Hyuna clapped in delight. "My wedding is going to be complete with you in it." 

"Hyuna," Minzy groaned. "I would rather not be in the line." 

"Shut your mouth! We decided long ago that you would be in it," Hyuna glared at her. "Don't even think about getting out of it missy! You've neglected me for far too long. The least you could do is be there for me on my special day." 

Hyuna was right, but that didn't make it any easier, "Can't I be the honorary bride's maid or something?" 

" you, you stubborn ! You're getting fitted tomorrow and that's final!" 

Rolling her eyes, Minzy stuffed more of steak, "Fine." 

Hyuna laughed as she looked at her defeated friend, "I don't know why you even thought there was even an arguement to be made. It's my day you silly ." 

Minzy smiled as she looked over to her friend that hadn't changed one bit, "You're right. It is your day." 

"Thank you," Hyuna smiled brightly as she held her champagne glass and downed the rest of it to have it quickly filled by a near by waiter. Minzy raised her glass to Hyuna as she shook her head and drank. She was unsure of what was to come as the words of Dae came to mind. It seemed as though he was tied to the Park Construction company somehow. She just hoped that he wasn't the other boss that she was going to be seeing soon.