40.

Strong Willed

Holding her head high, Minzy walked into the main conference room. Slipping into the seat reserved for her next to CL and her team, she gazed about the room to take into account all those that were present. Minzy had memorized all the seats around the table. In the furthest corner section was the four seats reserved for the share holders. Grandma, Mina, Zelo, and an empty seat designated for the public share holders. In the middle section sat the project managers which were Mino and Jiyong. At the head of the table sat two bosses of the company currently. One being Teddy and the other being Seunghyun. Clasping her hands before her on the table, the assistants Bom, Fei, and Hyuna that she had run into in the restroom came shuffling in to sit in the seats behind the table. It was a full house with Minzy and her team filling the whole other half of the table and she ignored all the suspicious gazes shot her way as she kept her focus on the front. She thought it sadly comical that the room was filled with people that she had been avoiding over the years and wondered if she should just get up and leave. But Seunghyun had silenced that thought as he stood to address the group. 

"Good afternoon everyone, welcome to our Friday meeting. I was surprised to be informed this morning that we would have guests with us today," his eyes fell upon Minzy and he slightly grinned as he continue. "I was even more surprised that Teddy had informed me that the agenda needed to be cleared to allow our guests the floor. It looks like we will be turning the time over to Ms. Gong?" Seunghyun gave Minzy questioning look as he waved for her to stand and take the floor while he took his seat.

Minzy stood as she moved to the front of the group, "There is no need for introductions seeing as I have met you all before..." 

"How annoying," Bom breathed loudly.

"Ms. Park do you have something revelant to say," Minzy snapped as all eyes fell upon the woman in question.

"Yes, why are you here," Bom hissed.

Minzy nodded as she grinned, "Great question! Why am I here? Let me and my team show you all why I'm here." Snapping her fingers, a few of her team members were up and distributing files with everyone's name on them. "You all may have known me by Minzy, but as of today my name is President Gong."

"What," Seunghyun asked in disbelief as he flipped open the file he was presented. 

"As you can read in the first few pages you'll find that my shares amount to owning 70% of the company and by the end of today I will be the sole owner of it all." 

"How so," Mina asked curiously.

"You will be informed if deemed necessary," Minzy replied.

"If necessary? What does that mean," Mino asked.

"Not everyone in this room is privledged to such information. Some of you are here because you have robbed the company in broad day light and in turn have robbed me. Each of you have the exact amount you owe me and it is to be paid in full by the end of today," she informed them. "If you don't give me that exact amount by the end of the day the authorities will have you arrested and you will be dealt with accordingly." 

"You can't do that," Seunghyun growled.

"And lastly, it has come to my attention that if you were given a file, you will find the papers at the end of your termination. Thank you all for attending. I expect you off of the premises by the end of today," Minzy said in a matter of fact tone. 

"You can't do this to me I'm a Park," Bom cried.

"I signed a contract," Mino breathed.

"Who do you think you are," Jiyong snapped.

"If you feel there is a misunderstanding you can contact CL for a time slot to meet with me today in my office that was once Mr. Choi's. Meeting is adjourned," Minzy looked to CL to take over for complaints and grinned at Grandma. "Would you like to join me for lunch? I'm starved." 

"As long as you're paying, I just got fired," Grandma laughed as she moved to link arms with Minzy.

"Grandma are you crazy," Bom barked.

"No she's retired," Minzy cut in. "Now set up an appointment with CL about your shares."

"Over my dead body," Bom seethed through her teeth.

Minzy shrugged as she whispered loudly over at Grandma, "I don't know if she knows that she's gonna be in prison soon if she keeps it up." Minzy acted as if pondering, "Oh well, can't say that I didn't try." 

"You did try," Grandma grinned knowing this was Minzy's way of mending things. 

"Ms. Park you can direct all your questions and concerns this way," CL spoke up as the rest of the team was up and addressing everyone else's concerns.

"You can't fire Fei I won't let you," Zelo pushed past the guy he had been arguing with.

"Make an appointment," Minzy waved him off as she led Grandma out. 

"I hate you," he siad with so much venom.

Minzy paused in her tracks as she looked back at him. Feeling Grandma's gentle squeeze, she let out a heavy sigh, "Hate me all you want but I would advise you to make an appintment to see me today." 

 

Minzy sat quietly as she read the list of appointments set up for today. "Grandma I wanted to send them all to rot in prison for the rest of their miserable lives for what they've done." 

"I had a feeling," Grandma smiled acknowledging the strength of her granddaughter. "But you handled the situation well." Taking Minzy's hand in her own, she gave it a loving squeeze. "You're my legacy." 

"And you're my saving grace," Minzy grinned. 

 

Minzy was surprised to find the boxes already filled and put off to the side as she took a seat at her desk. Clasping her hands together, she heard a knock at the door. "Come in," Minzy looked down at the file before her and then at the man who bowed deeply before taking the seat before her. 

"Thank you for seeing me," Mino softly spoke. 

She nodded as she opened his file, "So tell me why you're here." 

"I'm ashamed to say that I don't have the money to return to you by the end of today," he sadly replied.

Minzy gazed at the amount he owed and frowned, "You owe me 1.5 million, how can you not have that money with how much you have for your wedding?" 

He stiffened as he hung his head low, "That...is where the money went too." 

"So it's technically my wedding," she said sarcastically. "And what about the you've been pulling on some of our clients?" 

"You mean that drug dealer? Teddy asked me about that, that's dirty money I know it! And that could possibly hurt Se7en's business I can't do that to him," he grumbled. 

She was livid by his reasoning, "Has this drug dealer harmed you in any way, shape or form? Or has he harmed anyone else for that matter?!" 

"No," he softly answered.

"Then do your ing job! You are in no position to judge our clients when you're stealing money from me," Minzy snapped. "I want my 1.5 million by tonight or your will be in jail for your wedding!"

"Please I beg you, don't do this to me," he begged as he was on the verge of getting down on his knees. 

Minzy sighed heavily as she had papers of how much of an asset he was to company, "Mino." She softened her tone as she tried to reign in her temper. "You will pay me back. If not today I expect you to come up with a proposal on how you will get it done." 

"Thank you," he let out a sigh of relief.

"Considering your work from the past projects I see it in my best interest to ask you to stay on if you so desire," Minzy calmly spoke. Mino nearly shouted for joy as she held up her hand. "But I'm going to need you to get over yourself and work on that drug dealer's project you've been neglecting. That's your top priority and will be what I evaluate you on in the probationary stage if you so choose to stay." 

Mino was up on his feet as he bowed deeply, "I won't let you down." 

Allowing him to take his leave, she jotted down some notes on what was discussed as another knock came at the door, "Come in." Finishing up her notes, she looked up to see Hyuna take a seat. 

"Look Minzy I don't care about this job. I don't even care about how much I owe you because I wil pay you back no matter what the cost," she rambled. 

"Then why did you make an appointment with me," Minzy asked as she pulled Hyuna's file out and flipped it open. Gazing down at the file Minzy noticed that Hyuna had unknowingly participated in her fiance's actions and had a few mishaps in her calcuations. Overall she only owed a couple hundered which was petty cash compared to the others.

"I need you to know that we're still girls. Be mad at me and hate me but I still need you at my wedding," Hyuna pleaded.

Minzy sat quietly as she thought about her conversation with Mino, did Hyuna know about how Mino had used company money to pay for their wedding. The look on Hyuna's face showed that she had no idea. Knowing Hyuna, she would have probably cancelled her wedding. Hyuna was more like Minzy in more ways than not. "Is that all?" 

Hyuna felt wounded that Minzy appeared to not be affected by her sincerity, "I...I guess?" 

Minzy nodded as she closed the file, "You are more than welcome to stay an assistant here at PCC but you'll have to be an assistant to someone else rather than your fiance. I can't have your personal life affecting your work life. This is my only condition after paying me back I have for you." 

Hyuna eyed Minzy suspiciously, "Did you not hear a word I said?" 

"Yes I'll be at your wedding," Minzy huffed as she rolled her eyes. 

Hyuna squealed as she came around and hugged her friend tightly, "I knew you loved me." 

"Get out," Minzy mumbled with a grin. 

"You're going to get fitted after work today," Hyuna warned before exiting. 

Minzy groaned as she reopend the file to write her notes for Hyuna. Hearing the knock at her door she called for the person to enter. Staring quietly as Mina came to take a seat in front of her, she turned her gaze to the file and frowned, "Give me your shares and it will all be forgiven." 

Mina scoffed, "My shares are worth more than what I owe."

"Then bring me the money by the end of the day," Minzy responded. "But I think you maxed out all your cards to be able to do so," Minzy said as she slid the account information. 

"H...how," Mina gawked. "This is personal information! I could sue you for this!" 

"This is the information you provided my team with," Minzy said indifferent to her accusations. Pulling out an envelope she slid it over to her, "I do have another solution. You can give me your shares for what is in this envelope." 

"What's in that envelope," Mina asked curiously.

"Choose," Minzy said simply. Minzy placed the contract over to Mina, "By signing your shares to me you no longer have any rights to make decisions of be on PCC grounds unless invited to do so." 

Mina sat comtemplating her options. She knew that there wasn't a real choice in the matter as she sat with an accusing look, "Where is the pen?" Without a word, Minzy gave her a pen and watched as Mina signed the contract. 

"That credit card has unlimited use unless you become wreckless and then it will be under review," Minzy said as Mina took the envelope. 

Quietly watching Mina, she stopped as she looked over her shoulder, "Thank you." Minzy nodded as she piled the contract into the file and called for the next person to come in. 

Fei defiantly took a seat in front of Minzy, she couldn't believe that her life was literally in the hands of the woman she hated most. "There's no way I can pay that back," she flatly said.

"But you acquired over 4 million and still counting. Do you think I can just let that go," Minzy said as if having her reflect if she was in her position.

"No," Fei huffed. "So what? What can I do to not go to prison for the rest of my life," she mumbled. 

Minzy pressed her lips tightly together as she tried to stay calm, "Disappear."

"What," Fei looked at her as if she had not heard right.

"I have a personal vendetta against you," Minzy began. "You've made things personal and I can't over look that." 

"What do you mean," Fei hissed knowing that their fall out was nothing new. 

"Fei my brother is not a toy and neither is Jiyong," Minzy said glaring. "If you don't disappear I will make sure that you had wished to do so or voluntarily make your way to prison. The choice is yours." 

"I...I'll disappear," she hung her head in guilt. She began to cry knowing she had wronged both men and Minzy included. Gazing up through her tears she knew there was no forgiveness to be sought where Minzy stood. "I never meant to take it as far as I did with Zelo. He's a good man...I...I don't deserve him." 

"You don't," Minzy grumbled. "

"Don't let whatever anger you have towards me reflect poorly on your brother. He does love you, he's just really hurt. You left and I was sadly the next best thing to fill the void you left," Fei mumbled through her tears. "Jiyong doesn't know what's been happening between me and Zelo. He doesn't know that it was Zelo who got him the position he has now. Jiyong would be heartbroken that I had doubted his abilities and be a broken man learning that I leaned on another man through it all. I could never really get over the doubt I had of him still having feelings over you even after you were long gone." 

Minzy stayed quiet as she took in Fei's words, "Fei you have some serious issues. As your boss I would advise you to seek some help. As your friend, I would hope that you would find it in yourself to seek the men you have wronged out and take accountability for your actions before you leave." Fei nodded through her tears, "Good luck in life."

"And what of the money I owe," Fei sniffled.

"Let it be paid in full after you've talked with Jiyong and Zelo," Minzy said softly. 

"I don't deserve your kindness either," the tears continue to fall from Fei's eyes. 

"You don't, but that's what friends are for," Minzy said with a genuine smile. Fei broke down completely a mess as Minzy came around and hugged the girl, "Hate me the rest of your life, but you'll always be my friend." 

Fei clung onto Minzy for dear life, "I can't hate my friends." 

Minzy sighed as she pulled away and brushed the tears away from Fei's eyes, "You better come to Hyuna's wedding too." 

"Oh yeah," she laughed and cried. 

Minzy nodded, "Yeah she'll hunt you down if you're not there." 

"I wouldn't miss it for the world," Fei sighed as she pulled Minzy into another hug. 

When Fei had taken her leave, Minzy felt like she had a different take as the next person entered. Grinning at Jiyong she motioned for him to take a seat, "How can I help you today?" 

Jiyong shrugged as he sat and took in her presence. She was better than his memory had served. She looked strong and confident, but her beauty was more defined like fine wine. "Where have you been?" 

"New Zealand," she said finding no reason in hiding it from him.

"New Zealand," he repeated as he nodded. "And did you like it?" 

"I loved it," she grinned. 

He nodded as he sat quietly, "You know, Fei doesn't know that I knew she had Zelo get me this job and that I also knew she was messing with him. Does that make me a weak person for not being able to stand up to her?" 

"Jiyong...who am I to judge you," she shrugged. 

"You just...just were able to see through me and call me out for the I did. I was just hoping you would call it for what you see it," he said sadly. 

She wanted to give him advice, but she had to clarify things before getting there. "As I see it you are a great asset to the team. I just don't understand why you would help swindle money out of the company for your boss," she frowned. 

Jiyong shook his head, "I know it was wrong. I had so blinded believed in the promise that I too could become a boss one day." 

Minzy shrugged, "So now what? How are you going to pay me back the 5 million you've acquired in your time here." 

"The only feasible solution would be to send me to prison," he shrugged knowing there was no way he could come up with that kind of money in so short of time. 

Minzy tapped her fingers on the desk as she browsed through his files, "5 months. I will give you five months to come up with what you can while you work for me. When those five months are up we can go from there to figure out the rest. Though I can't promise you a boss position I will extend that project manager position to you again."

"Why would you be so gracious to me after what I've done," he asked in disbelief. "I don't deserve your kindness." 

"Even if you don't deserve it I'm extending it. I can't ignore the fact that you've brought in faithful clients that have stayed devoted to your work. If I let you go now they may follow you out," she explained. "As for your situation with Fei I would hope that you find it in your heart to really talk things out with her if not to mend whatever relationship you have but for your mental health sake." 

"Wow you're such a thoughtful boss," Jiyong said in awe. "And a beautiful one to boot." 

Minzy rolled her eyes as she shooed him away, "Alright you should have stopped on the first compliment. Now go before I change my mind about the five months." 

"I was just kidding," Jiyong nervously laughed as he bowed and took his leave. 

Taking notes, she was grateful to see out the corner of her eye that Zelo had slipped right in. Taking his seat quietly he awaited his turn while she moved to pull out his file. She already knew this file like the back of her hand after how many times she had gone through it. His file brought her the most stress as she pretended to flip through it as if looking to see what they could discuss. "Have you come to sell me your shares," she asked as she looked up at him. 

"Why else would I be here," he said coldly. 

She nodded as she pushed the contract towards him, "Sign this and all the shares will be mine. You will no longer have any rights to be at any PCC facilities unless invited to do so, that includes the cafe."

He rolled his eyes not caring as he reached in his pocket and slapped the check onto the desk, "There's all the money as requested." Taking a pen out of his suit jacket he signed the paper and stood on his feet. "Is there anything else?" 

"Yes there is, are you moving out of the house," she asked. 

"Did you want me to," he deflected the question to her. 

"Do you think I'm doing this to get back at you," she asked the question that had been weighing heavily on her mind. 

"Isn't that what you're doing," he grumbled. 

She was quiet as she could tell how frustrated he was, "Zelo I was hurt that you chose to be with Mina instead of me. Though I may not have understood your decision to do so I respected it."

"How is disappearing for five years respecting my decision," he growled. 

"I don't expect you to understand what I did. I just expect you to respect that it happened and that I'm here now," she said firmly. "Hate me and call me names for all I care just know that I will not take that if you decide to stay in Grandma's home. I know that the money you have returned is all that you saved up in the hopes to start something with Fei but I can tell you right now that there is no hope in that future." 

"What did you do," Zelo nearly shouted. 

"Something that you were too blinded by infatuation to see," Minzy said on edge. "Now get out of my office before I throw you out!"

"You mean love, something that you have long forgotten," Zelo said with spite as he stormed out. 

Minzy called CL to give her five minutes before sending in the next one. She stood on her feet as she stared out the glass walls to stare out at the city. Pressing her head against the cool glass, she figured things could have ended worse. Walking back to her chair, she turned to keep her focus out towards the city as the next person came in. "Will you be able to pay me the money you owe by today," Minzy asked as she turned to look at Bom. 

"I...I thought that you wanted to talk about my shares," she mumbled in worry.

Like Zelo's file, she had thoroughly gone through Bom's, "Don't play dumb. Why would we talk about your shares when you don't have any?" Shaking her head as she opened up Bom's heavy folder, "Imagine my shock when I found out that you had promised Seunghyun the company if he married you." Minzy tossed the photos as well as documents that confirmed it all. "You even were the one who proposed and bought the rings." Minzy threw the company card recipts in front of her, "Do you have no shame in using company money to shower Seunghyun with gifts?" She gazed down at Bom's hands to notice that she was no longer wearing her engagement ring, "You shouldn't buy love and if you do, could you at least use your own money to do so?" 

The hot tears of embarassment ran down Bom's cheeks as she glared at Minzy, "I don't have any money." 

"I actually pity you," Minzy sighed as she folded her arms over her chest. "I hate to break it to you, but you're" going to prison then." 

"What," Bom squeaked. "You embarass me and basically spit in my face to grovel at your feet to have you still throw me in prison?!"

Minzy shrugged, "Should I have let you to continue to drain the company of its finances to try and please a man that obviously can't seem to commit to only you? I think you're doing bad all by yourself." 

Bom cringed at Minzy's harsh words, "You know my father warned me that I was more in love with Seunghyun than he was with me? He said he could see it whenever we got into huge arguements about you." 

"Even after five years of me being gone," Minzy eyed her.

Bom nodded as she let the tears shamelessly fall, "Even after five years I was still fighting for his attention." 

Minzy sighed deeply as she looked back to the view outside, "No woman should have to fight for a questionable love for that long. No man is worth that kind of effort if he doesn't give just as much." 

"But I love him," she cried. "I love him and I know deep down he loves me too," she tried to reason as she looked at the various reciepts that told her otherwise. Seunghyun had been appreciative of the first few gifts, but then it had shifted to being an expectation. Even at her father's dying request to let him go she just couldn't. Seunghyun had become her world and where would she be without him? No one could understand, Bom had thought as she cried harder. "I love that ing bastard."

"I love him too," Minzy softly confessed. 

The worry and panic hit her life a freight train, "What?!" 

"I love him, but not as much as I love myself," Minzy explained. "I would rather not live in a life of doubting him or myself. So instead I choose to love him from afar." 

"I'm not as strong as you," Bom hung her head in shame. "I love him too much." 

Minzy pressed her lips tightly together as she thought on Bom's words, "Then I forbid you from seeing or being with him."

"Huh," Bom sniffled throuugh her tears.

"If you don't want to go to prison and have a roof over your head then my conditions are that you are forbidden from seeing or being with Seunghyun in any way," Minzy said. "You can hate me, but I will not let the toxicity of your relationship to fester in my home." Bom actually considered taking on her prison sentence as she sat quietly. "You're also going to have to continue to work as an assistant to help pay for the difference." 

"Isn't my suffering enough payment," Bom pouted.

"No, unlike Grandma and your father I don't have any emotional attachment to you. But because of Grandma and your father I am gave you an alternative," Minzy said knowing she was being more than generous with how far in debt Bom was to the company. Her debt was the sum of everyone else's debt plus more. 

"And what if he's my date for Hyuna's wedding tomorrow," Bom asked in hopes that Minzy would grant her some leeway.

"Consider it a farewell date," Minzy shrugged. "Do we have a deal? If so I need you to sign this contract," pushing the papers to her Bom scoffed seeing the conditions. 

"Your gets sent straight to prison if any conditions are broken," Bom breathed in disbelief. 

"Better believe it," Minzy smiled as she handed her a pen. Bom hestitated before she picked up the pen and signed it. Pushing the paper to her, Bom quietly took her leave. Sitting amazed to see that CL's suggested contract had worked, Minzy now owed CL and the team dinner tonight. Shaking her head, she pulled the next file and grinned as she heard the knock at the door. 

 

Author's Notes: I divided this chapter in half cuz it was getting a little long lol. Thanks for reading, until the next one...