8.

Strong Willed

"Where the hell did you go," Hyuna asked as Minzy entered the classroom.

She shrugged her shoulders as she took a seat, "Why did you miss me that much?"

"No but someone was going crazy looking for you and Seunghyun," Fei smirked. "Where did you two go? I know you were with him."

"We saw the little scene in the hall with Bom. He pushed her away avoiding her twenty one questions and seemed hurt. I'm guessing you made his walk back to school," Hyuna smirked along with Fei. 

Minzy rolled her eyes as she imagined what happened, "It wasn't even that far for him to walk. We were only at the park."

"But then..."

"But then like you thought, his dumb messed up another perfect moment over that girl. It's amazing how guys can be so easily swayed. But I must say he does regret on what he's missing out on," she bit her lip and smirked as her friends squealed and high fived. 

As class was ending, the intercom went off with the end of the day announcements. "We are going to announce the nominees for this year's senior prom so listen up!"

"Oh I guess I missed nominating you girls at lunch," Minzy teased seeing how tense they became. This was the only time she's ever seen them pay such close attention. 

"Sshhh," Hyuna reached out to cover minzy's mouth to get it slapped away. "Minzy can you just care about something for once?!"

She coughed a laugh as she shook her head at the obsessed friends of popularity, "Okay...sure..." She absent mindedly began to fiddle with her nails to see one of them were chipped, "! That dumb gun ed up my nail! Now I have to cut them all to..."

"And last but not least we have Gong Minzy! Good luck to our contestants and guys start asking. Our last formal dance is in two weeks!"

"Congrats," Fei high fived Hyuna. 

"Great work," Hyuna smiled over to an unhappy Minzy.

"Seriously?! Why," Minzy looked back and forth to the pair. "And is..."

"Of course, Seunghyun and you both are going to win it!"

"But I bet Bom put her own name in. There is no way that someone would nominate her," Hyuna shook her head in disgust. 

"I can't believe this! No, this is not happening! I won't do this. You both know Seunghyun are in some weird funk. I just..." Minzy couldn't fathom the thought of how up in the air everything seemed to be with him lately.

"Relax," Fei smiled as she squeezed her shoulder. "Leave all the work to us. Just show up looking flawless like you do everyday and put on a smile."

"Yeah, leave it up to your campaign managers. We have everything under control," Hyuna gazed off brain storming. 

Meanwhile Minzy sat in doubt. Not so much in their abilities, but there was no limits when it came to winning. Winning was the last thing she needed at the moment, especially as she watched her friends give some shared noddes of the things they were coming up with. Knowing them, something bad was bound to happen and she would somehow take the blame for it all. "I don't know..."

"Minzy we had planned this long ago. With or without Seunghyun we made a promise to each other that we would make sure that one of us would be queen," Fei reminded her.

"And unlike some people, we intend to keep our promises," Hyuna added. 

Their determination struck her deeply. How could she not follow through after what they said? They had a point. "Alright, let's do it," Minzy smiled at the both of them. 

 

As the three girls were making their way down the halls, they came to a complete halt as Bom stepped face to face with Minzy glaring, "Do you find it fun to publicly humiliate me?"

"Do you find yourself that important to me to care or even find the time to deal with your annoying self," Minzy countered. "Please tell me exactly what the issue is now so I continue with my day."

"Where did you and Seunghyun go during school hours? I know you went somewhere with him. And did you nominate me to see me fail?!"

She shook her head seeing how pathetic it was of Bom to get worked up over the dumbest things, "First of all, the first question sounds like a personal question for Seunghyun to answer, not me. And secondly, if I was gone then how could I have put your name in? Figure that stupid!" Both Hyuna and Fei laughed as they nodded to agree with Minzy. "So basically this conversation is now over," she said smugly as she pushed past Bom.

"Some people," Fei shook her head as they continued to walk the halls.

"Why do I always get the blame for the dumb you two do," Minzy asked as they made their way to the parking lot.

"The dumb we do? Fei and I took no part in nominating her. Senior prom is not a joke to us," Hyuna spoke offended. 

Minzy was going to counter her, but instead became caught off guard by the various guys standing around her car, "What the is going on?" Pausing in her tracks she knew exactly who the group of guys were and they definitely didn't go to their school.

"Just go with it," Hyuna pushed Minzy forward to get her to keep walking. 

"You know how much Seunghyun and the rest of this school hate these guys?! How do you think I can win when you invite our rivals to our school," she whispered loudly.

"Exactly why we invited them. To get Seunghyun really jealous," Fei smirked at their brilliant idea. 

"Hey baby," Hyuna waved as she ran up to one of the guys and started to make out with him. 

"Baby? Since when did Hyuna ever have a thing with any of the guys at their school," Minzy asked as they trailed behind. 

"She doesn't, it's the price we have to pay to get this trick to work," Fei quietly whispered as they approached them. 

Approaching the group, Minzy slowed her pace as she noticed a familiar face. She wanted to run and hide, but it was too late seeing as the group sat watching them walk up. Whipsering a silent prayer, she hoped that the guy wouldn't recognize or at the very least remember her. Moving slightly behind Fei to shield herself, she tried to stand casually in hopes to get the meet and greet over and done with.

Hyuna broke away from her little make out to introduce her friends, "Guys these are my best friends. That's Fei and..."

"Minzy," one spoke up causing the group of friends to look at him including the girls. "It's been a while," he smirked at her knowingly. 

"Oh, hey Jiyong," she nodded at him trying to play it cool as she stepped up.

"Jiyong, how do you know my girl's friend," the guy holding onto Hyuna's hips asked. 

"How could I forget our long hot Summer together," he his lips before winking at her. 

This caused an uproar of laughter and high fives as Minzy's cheeks began to turn a deep red, "Stop, that was so long ago I can barely remember it." 

He chuckled as he walked up to her with a smirk still apparent on his face. Squaring up to her, he took his hand in hers, "Maybe I should refresh your memory of our long nights."

"Minzy is he the one when you..." 

"Shut up," she snapped glaring over at Fei. Tugging him away from the crowd before he shared anything else, she glared up at him, "Really Jiyong?! Did you have to announce it to the world?!"

He chuckled as he held her by the hips, "I've missed you too."

She sighed as she embraced him, "You are just as stupid as I remembered. I've missed you too."

"Now I regret signing up at that other school when I could've come here with you," he frowned. 

"So you moved out here for sure? I guess your family liked their vacation out here?"

He nodded as he smiled down at her, "I enjoyed it too, with our amazing Summer nights..."

"Shut up! Now your friends think we had all Summer," she punched his arm. "You have some explaining to do!"

"What," he laughed as he rubbed at his arm. "I didn't say anything wrong. We did have long hot Summer days and nights. I can't help it if they have sick erted minds. But then again we had amazing make out sessions."

"That's it! Nothing more," she defended herself.

"Remind me of how they went," he asked as he wrapped his arm around her waist to pull her close to him. Grinning as he leaned his forehead onto hers, he let his other hand travel up and down her side. 

"Who are you," a voice called out causing the pair to turn and look. 

Minzy quickly pushed him away as she saw Seunghyun looking at them. "Wow man can't you see we're a little busy talking right now," Jiyong said annoyed.

"Seunghyun..."

"Who is this guy Minzy," Seunghyun asked once again as he glared at her. 

"Why does it matter to you? He's a friend okay," she hissed as she took hold of Jiyong's arm and started to walk away. 

"You're not going any where with him. I don't trust him with you," Seunghyun caught a hold of  her wrist. 

"Let go of me," she tried to shake off his grasp but failed. 

"Whoa man, she just told you to let her go. So you should probably take your hands off her," Jiyong warned him.

"What are you going to do about it if I don't? She's my girlfriend," Seunghyun spoke through clenched teeth. 

"The more reason to let her go before I ing beat your face in," Jiyong spat right back. 

Minzy stood inbetween the two and pried off Seunghyun's tight grip, "Seunghyun it's cool. He's a good friend." Looking over to Jiyong, she pulled him away before the two got into a big fight. "Let's get out of here," she called to the group who had seen the entire thing. 

"C'mon let's get out of here," Jiyong called off his crew and hopped into Minzy's car. He flipped off Seunghyun and smirked as they drove off. "You should've told me you had a boyfriend."

"He's not really my boyfriend. It's complicated," she sighed as they came to a red light. "Where did you want me to drop you off at?"

He shook his head as he put his seat belt on, "I'm spending the day with you."

"I would love to, but I gotta go pick up my brother and take care of something's at home."

"It's a Friday and you have to take care of things at home?! Wow you'd be a great house wife," he teased. "Fine, come out to the party we're having tonight please," he asked with a puppy dog face. 

"I don't know if I can for sure," she shrugged. "But I can try."

"Don't try. Just do it. It's my reward for not beating that boyfriend of yours okay," he said as he jumped out and into the car next to them. 

"Minzy where you going," Fei called out of the back seat. 

"Picking up my brother!"

"Oh yeah! I'll text you the address to the party tonight. You better come ," Fei stuck her tongue out at her before they drove off. 

Minzy smiled and waved as the other two cars following zoomed past. She loved how crazy her friends were. Turning her attention back to the road she quickly made her way to Zelo's school. She hated making him wait as she sped to his school. "Hey you," she smiled as he jumped into the car. 

"Hey Minzy, guess what? Our end of the year school dance is coming up," he smiled brightly. 

"Oh really? Is there a special person you want to ask at your school?"

"How did you know," he asked amazed at her guess.

She laughed as she reached over to pinch his cheek, "Zelo you can't hide anything from me! I know you."

The siblings pulled up to their house, relieved that their father still wasn't home. "Go get started on your homework. I'll bring you a snack in a little bit," she smiled as she guided her brother to his room.

"Why do you always make me do my homework first thing," he whined.

"You know why, you need to get into the habit of it to make sure you get a good education and to get you prepared for college."

"You're really set on getting me to college. What if I'm not smart enough to get in?"

"Don't be silly, you're the smartest boy I know. Now get to work in feeding your brain," she smiled as she messed his hair before walking out. 

 

Minzy had been finishing up the last of her homework when her cell went off. She looked to see a text from Fei with the address and a threat that she'd better come. Shaking her head she quickly wrapped up the last of her assignments and sighed feeling relieved to be done. "Now for a little nap," she squealed as she jumped onto her bed and rolled up into her covers. Letting sleep take her easily after the last few exhausting days.

 

Shouting and screaming echoed towards her room, waking her. Groaning as she tossed over to look at her phone, it was now nine and she had over twenty missed calls and texts. "What the hell," a throbbing in her head started as she heard dishes breaking. 

As much as she wanted to ignore the world and fall back asleep, she heard Zelo shouting at what she assumed to be her father. Sighing she unlocked her door and made her way to the chaos. Dodging the thrown dish that almost hit her head, she saw her father and mother arguing with Zelo in the middle. 

"Get the out of the way boy! I need to teach that a lesson for disrespecting me," he growled. 

" you! I hate you," their mother cried as she threw yet another dish towards their father. 

"Mom what the is going on," Minzy shouted interrupting the argument. 

"Why don't you ask him! He's the one cheating on me," she cried as she reached for another plate. 

Minzy quickly caught hold of the plate and held her mother's hand, "Mom how could you not have known he was cheating on you? But she might not be that great or she might not even want him if he still comes home to us."

This made Zelo chuckle as he shook his head at his father. "You think it's funny," their dad barked as he lunged at Zelo. Knocking him on the ground as he began to punch him. 

"Get the off him," Minzy shouted as she ran to pull him off her brother. But Zelo was in a tight head lock as their father continued to punch the crap out of his face. Minzy grabbed the closest thing to her and smashed it against her dad's head, but it didn't faze him. Frantically looking for something else, she found a rolling pin and began to swing it at her father with all her strength. "Let him go," she shouted and pulled the rolling pin around his neck. Gripping tightly at the handles, she pulled hard as she began to choke her father. Avoiding the blows her father was sending back to her, she kept holding on tighter as he was pressed up against her. The adreniline was pumping loudly in her ears as she couldn't hear her brother calling out to her to stop. Her father had passed out, but she was still lost in the moment gripping tightly onto the rolling pin. 

"Minzy...stop..." her brother reached for her hands. "Please you're gonna kill him," his voice echoed into her mind as he pulled at the rolling pin against their father's throat. She reluctantly released as he took it from her and hugged her. "I'm okay Minzy. You're okay," he reassured her as he held her trembling body. No matter how many times they would go through this, she could never get used it. Shock and confusion invaded her mind as she held onto her brother tightly.

"Zelo..." She breathed shakily into his chest. 

"No, he's not dead," he answered the question on her mind. She cried hard into his chest as he guided her out of the kitchen. "Clean this up please mom," he instructed before he led his sister to her room. 

"Zelo..." was all that could escape her lips. She was at a loss for words as she squeezed him with all her strength. 

"Sis I need you to pull it together. I need you to take me to the hospital. Can you do that?"

She glanced up through watery eyes to see his face bloodied up, "!" Wiping at her eyes, she quickly stood to grab a towel and hold it against his face to slow the bleeding. "C'mon we gotta get you to the hospital quick!"

 

Minzy sped through the streets driving as fast as she could while still checking up on her brother, "Zelo stay awake. Please stay awake okay?" She was nervous seeing as blood kept water falling out of his head.

"You're driving too fast. Please slow down," Zelo mumbled as his eyes started to roll back.

", , ! Zelo stay with me, listen to my voice! We are almost there. Do you hear me?! Stay with me alright," she shook her brother who was falling into unconsciousness. Pulling into the emergency lane, she quickly hopped out and went around to open the passenger's side to see the whites of Zelo's eyes. Knowing she couldn't lift him on her own, she raced into the hospital screaming for help to see a couple nurses approach her ready to help, to which she ran back out to show them her brother. Various nurses rushed around him, placing a neck brace onto him before rushing him in on a gurney. Minzy quickly followed along side as she kept telling her unconcscious brother that it would be okay. Her brother began to shake before his body began to spasm and shake harder and uncontrollably. " he's having a seizure!"

"Please ma'am we need you to stay here," a nurse stopped her from following any further. 

She felt helpless as she stood watching her brother being rushed away from her. Tears started to spill over as she crouched down onto her knees and began to cry. Looking at her bloodied hands, she cried harder. 

"Let's get you checked out," a nurse's voice echoed.

But she shook her head and held her knees, "I'm okay, just please save my brother. Please just save my brother."

 

It had been hours, or at least it felt like it as she sat in the waiting room. The nurses were able to tend to her wounds and bandage her up. But she wouldn't let them assess them for the fear of missing any updates on her brother's well being. Staring at the white bandages wrapped on her hands, she felt her pocket vibrating. She sighed as she pulled out her phone to stare at the name flashing. Not saying a word, she answered it and held it to her ear, "Where are you?! We've been trying to call you all ing night and Jiyong here..."

"Minzy! Where the hell are you?! Did you fall asleep?! I'm gonna come and  pick you up," he kept rambling on as she sat quietly. "Minzy?! Minzy are you there?!"

""Mmm..." she hummed not really wanting to talk. 

He went quiet on the line, but she still could hear loud music and talking on the line. After not hearing anyone on the line, she sighed. "Minzy please don't hang up," Jiyong quickly spoke through the phone. Hearing the noise level drop in the background, she figured he went somewhere quiet to talk. "Minzy? Minzy are you still there?"

"Yeah," her hoarse voice replied.

"Are you sick? Did you need me to come and make you feel better," he teased.

"Excuse me Miss," a doctor approached her.

"Oh sorry doctor let me just finish this call," she apologized.

"Doctor? Minzy are you hurt," panick apparent in his tone.

"No, I'm okay. I'll talk to you later. Sorry I couldn't make it out to the party. Gotta go," she quickly hung up before he could say anything back.

"We were able to get him stabilized, but we want to keep him for the next twenty four hours to monitor him. He lost a lot of blood and we want to make sure there isn't any brain damage."

"Thank you doctor, I understand. Can I please go and see him now?"

"Not at the moment," he shook his head. "He is currently in our intensive care unit and won't be accepting vistors for a few hours. I suggest going home to get some rest and coming back later."

She nodded as she reluctantly made her way out of the hospital. Getting into her car she didn't know exactly what to do. It was currently three in the morning and she knew that was cutting it close to when her father would be heading home from a night out of drinking. As she sat thinking on what to do her phone went off again. Figuring it was probably Hyuna or Fei she quickly answered the phone.

"Hello," her scratchy voice answered. It was silent for a moment before she heard someone quietly breathing through the phone. "Helloooo?!" She hated when Fei or Hyuna prank called her when they were drunk. "Stop playing games, I'm not..."

"Where are you," a deep masculine voice cut through the line. 

"Uh..." She was caught off guard and looked to see it was none other than Seunghyun. "What do you want it's like three in the morning!"

"Minzy where are you? Are you out with that guy," he growled accusingly.

She sighed as she leaned onto her window, "If I didn't know any better it sounds like you're jealous."

" Minzy don't play with me! Where are you?! I passed by your house and saw that your car wasn't there," he growled. 

"Obsessively driving by my house, angry and jealous? Seunghyun are you drunk right now," she asked knowing these were his symptoms of drinking too much. "You know Bom won't like it when she finds out you're a mean drunk. While I on the other hand think it's kind of y to see that side of you," she teased.

"Stop being a to me and tell me where you and that ing bastard are so I can him up," he barked. 

"Calm down and take some anger management classes, I'm not with him so chill."

"Then where are you?!"

She shook her head knowing he had way too much to drink, "Dumb where are you so I can come get you? Are you at the club? Where's Se7en?"

"He doesn't work tonight, but I have to go there's these ing retards glaring at me."

"Seunghyun! Seunghyun," she shouted through the phone as she started the car. "Seunghyun?!"

"What," he hissed. 

"Listen to me, I'm coming to get you so don't do anything stupid."

"I won't..."

"Seunghyun I know you, don't you lie to me!"

He sighed as he cussed under his breath, "Alright babe I won't do anything stupid for you."

"Promise?"

"Yeah, see you in a bit. Love you," he said as he hung up. 

She chuckled as she picked up her speed, "He is definitely drunk!"

 

Minzy pulled up to the curb and smiled as she saw him with a bottle of alcohol in hand, "Hey y how much?"

"For you it's a package deal," he grinned as he got in. "Thanks!"

Snacthing the bottle of his hand, she took a quicky chug and smiled, "No thank you!"

"Alcoholic!"

"Says the mean drunk," she stuck her tongue out at him before taking another gulp of alcohol.

"So why were you getting drunk? I know you don't like to get drunk because of how you get," she askec as she drove off.

"Because of your mean ! Where were you?!"

"Do I look fit to go to a party right now," she asked as she the light to reveal her bandaged up self.

"What the happened to you," he sat in shock. "Pull over! Pull over!"

"Stop, seriously we're almost to your house so just wait," she smacked his hand away from the wheel. "Are you trying to give me more injuries?!"

"Sorry babe! You know how I get when I see you like this, especially when I'm drunk," he began to get all moppy.

"Yes, I remember perfectly well what happens when I'm injuried and you're drunk. You nearly killed the poor guy who accidentally tripped me and twisted my ankle."

He chuckled darkly at the memory, "Oh yeah."

"See and everyone thought I was the bad one in our relationship," she shook her head as she pulled up to his house. Making her way around her car, she opened the door to find him closing his eyes, "Oh no you don't, get your fat out of my car!" 

"Hey I'm not fat," he pouted as she nestled his head against the chair.

"You are so lucky I still have the key to your house," she tugged at his arm making him stumble out of her car and leaning on her for some support. "God you're heavy! Did you stop working out after we broke up," she breathed as she helped him into the house.

"What do you expect when I'm all depressed and ," he mumbled as they made their way up the stairs.

"Can you talk any louder, you're gonna wake everyone! We're...almost...there," she was getting tired of holding him up. The pair stumbled into the room as she quickly tossed him onto the bed. Taking deep breaths, she flopped onto the bed exhausted. She sat trying to catch her breath has Seunghyun s his arm around her waist, pulling her close to him as he buried his face against the side of her neck. Blowing his hot breath onto her neck as he let his free hand lightly brush up and down her arm. "Seunghyun..." she bit onto her lower lip and closed her eyes as he began to place soft kisses onto her neck. 

She gasped as he the side of her neck, making him chuckle darkly, "I know you want me." He sunk his teeth into her shoulder before it.

"Seunghyun...ssttoooop," she stuttered."You're drunk! We can't do this."

"Why...not..." he kissed and his way back up her neck. 

It took all of her self control to pull away from him, "No."

He coughed a laugh as he glared at her, "Don't lie to me! You know you want me!" Catching hold of her arm he gripped on tight as his eyes bore deep into hers.

"Stop Seunghyun!"

"No," he growled as he roughly took her by the jaw and smashed his lips against hers. 

Minzy would have been all game for taking advantage of this moment if guilt wasn't eating at her. Smacking his face away she stood and glared at him, "You can't force me to make love to you like I can't force you to love me! So when I ask you to stop, you better stop or I will kick your in your own house. Got it?!"

He sat amazed as held his stinging cheek, " Minzy!"

"Got it," she hissed as she glared at him.

He sighed as he slumped his shoulders forward, "Yeah, I'm sorry. I don't know what got into me."

"Seeing as you're safe and sound at home, I'm gonna go," she turned to leave.

"Minzy please," he called out. "Please don't leave me like this. I'm sorry," he begged. "Please just stay with me until sleep. I don't wanna be alone before I do something stupid."

"Seunghyun, I have to go. I don't..."

"Please," he reached out to take her hand. "Just stay for a little while. I promise I won't try to pull any funny business with you."

Sighing as she reluctantly walked over to his bed. She sat down not saying a word. Meanwhile he had different plans in mind as he tugged her hand back towards him. Guiding her to lay against his chest as he wrapped his arms around her. Securing her tightly in his arms, as he nestled his face into her hair. Minzy lay quietly as she felt his breathing evening out as he drifted into sleep. Shifting slightly, she felt his grip tighten as he pressed his body closer to her. She knew it would take longer than she expected. Listening to his quiet breathing, she could feel his beating heart against her back. Turning to face him, she leaned her head against his chest to listen to his heart. It's quiet rhythm thumped into her ear drum like a beautiful melody luring her into dream land.

 

Minzy awoke to the feeling of a vibration in her pocket. Reaching for it, she peeked with one eye open to see a message from the hospital. Hearing rustling next to her, she looked to see a sound asleep Seunghyun. Inwardly cursing herself, she quietly sat up feeling sore. Tip toeing towards Seunghyun's closest, she smiled as she found her clothing left right where she had left it weeks ago. Taking the items in hand, she did her best to quietly walk into his bathroom. Turning on the shower, she locked the door before getting undressed. She smiled at herself as she ran her fingers through her hair. She felt refreshed and renewed as she took one last glance at herself before making her way out. She was grateful that he was still fast asleep as she made her way out of the room and down the stairs.

"Good morning Minzy my mom made you some breakfast before you could leave as a thank you for bringing my dumb brother home," Se7en called after her before she could leave.

She froze in her tracks as she sighed and walked back, "Oh hey Se7en, nothing happened..."

"I know, these walls are pretty thin," he grinned as she motioned for her to come and eat with him.

Minzy shook her head and took a seat across from him, "I'm sorry I still feel really embarrassed when your parents find out about me staying the night."

"That is why they love and trust you so much! You respect my parents a lot," he grinned. 

Taking a quick bite and sip of her juice she stood to leave, "Please tell your mom thank you for the delicious breakfast. But I have to go now."

"Which is why my mother also packed you a to go box just in case you'd say that," he chuckled as he pointed to the counter. 

Minzy's cheeks went red as she felt embarrassed, "Sorry I really do need to go.  Seunghyun called me while I was at the hospital waiting to see my brother."

"Well please take this for your brother then," he followed behind her. 

She turned and gladly took the box from him, "Thanks! I'm sure he'd appreciate this."

"Here let me get the door for you," he offered as he opened it for her.

They were both all smiles before they turned to see Bom standing at the door.

 

 

Author's Notes:

Here's another long chapter for you all. Hope you all enjoyed it, even if it was getting a little heated haha. Don't worry this isn't a mature fic. But yes, thank you all for reading and I love all your wonderful comments! Thank you!