31.

Strong Willed

Minzy awoke to the sunlight beaming through her window. Slowly coming to, she lazily sat up and took in her room. Gazing over at her dresser, she grinned as she saw the big bag of weed laying there. Stumbling onto her feet, she was surprised to find papers and a lighter. Minzy figured she had pulled those extra items out of Seunghyun's hands without her knowledge. Grabbing all the items, she figured that it might still be cool out and rolled herself up in her comforter before walking out into her back yard.Taking a seat on the cool grass, she laid the items out on her lap and began to roll up a joint. Heavily seasoning the paper, she rolled it tightly before the paper close. Lighting the joint between her lips, she let out a sigh of relief as she inhaled. The sun was barely peeking out as she continued to smoke. Hugging the blanket tighter around her, she liked how everything seem to be so calm. Enjoying the feeling she smoked until the sun rose high above her, no longer needing the blanket she wrapped it up with her bag of weed and made her way into the house. Groaning as she felt her stomach grumble, she figured she needed to order some food. "I guess I'm back to normal," she grumbled to herself as she walked into her room. Heading towards her room, she made her way to the bathroom and paused as she looked at herself in the mirror. Besides the bloodshot eyes from all the smoking, she seriously looked pale. Shaking her head, she the shower and figured it would help. Stripping herself of her clothing, she walked into her room and looked through what clothing she had left. Moving back towards the bathroom she was startled by the sudden appearance of Seunghyun standing at her doorway. "Holy ," she jumped dropping her clothing onto the ground. "Don't ing do that," she growled as she glared at him. "What are you doing here," she hissed. 

"I..." he wanted to come and scold her, but was caught off guard catching her in nothing but her underwear. 

Rolling her eyes, she bent over to pick up her things and marched to the bathroom, "Go and get me something to eat if you're gonna stay here. I'm starving." Closing the door behind her she cursed herself for not being aware of her surroundings. In the middle of scolding herself, she heard tapping at the door. Flinging the door open she stood with a hard look up at Seunghyun. "What..." Her words and thoughts were silenced as he reached out to cup her face in his hands. His touch made her shift back, but he only moved forward letting his thumbs run down to her lips as he stared down at her. His gaze held her in a trance as she stood unmoving while his head descended down towards hers. Crushing his lips against hers. He used one hand to wrap around her waist to easily lift her off her feet. Kissing her hard, he gently placed her onto the counter top and let his tongue moisten the kiss. Letting his fingers do the talking, he was lost in the way she kept calling out his name like some kind of enchanting spell. Kissing down her jaw and towards her neck, he was surprised to feel her small hands cup his face. Pulling away just enough to look into her eyes, he could see the tears starting to swell in her eyes. "Seunghyun...we can't...I can't...do this," she said as the tears started to fall. Moving her hands from him, she folded her arms over her chest hating that she couldn't just live in the moment. "Please leave." 

"Minzy c'mon you don't mean that," he reached out to her while she moved further away from him. "Don't make me go..." 

"I never made you go, you chose to. So now I'm helping you see what choice you made. So go," she breathed. 

"How many times do I have to apologize? How many times do I have to keep telling you that it'll always be you?! I ing love you with everything in me, why can't you see that?! Why can't we just be together," he blurted out in frustration. 

Minzy nodded in understanding, "I know you love me..." 

"Then what else do you need," he huffed as he ran his fingers through his hair. 

"I need you to let me go. Let me ing breathe! Stop...stop trying to bring back the past. Yes you've apologized, yes it's good to hear how much you love me but I can't help the fact that you hurt me and put me through too much . Let's face it, it's time for us to both move on because I can't, no I won't let myself feel for you anymore," she confessed. "We both deserve better than this toxic relationship we share." 

"So you're willing to walk out on us," he said trying to wrap his mind around her words. 

"No, I'm willing to let someone love you as hard as they can and without a doubt in their mind that you're the one," she replied. She didn't know how else to put it, but she did in fact want the best for him. "Let's just say we're at a fork in the road. Our paths are now going separate ways and I wish you the best in whatever the future holds for you. Honestly," she gave him an encouraging smile. 

Scoffing at how sweetly she was putting things into perspective, he hated just how much it made sense. "Don't come over for Christmas." 

"I won't," she grinned knowingly. 

"Don't even call my parents either," he warned her. 

"Fine," she agreed. "As long as you keep whatever relationship with Zelo strictly between you two." 

"Wow, I'm trying to block you out of my family and you're okay with me talking to Zelo," he eyed her.

Nodding she stood and guided him out of the bathroom, "We all heal differently and I'm not going to prevent Zelo from having whatever relationships he wants to pursue in life." 

"Even if it's with your mother," he countered.

"That's a different story," she shook her head with a smile. "Now get out of here so I can shower."

"But will you be okay," he asked sincerely. 

"Yes, now go. Be free to spend what time you have left with your family before you leave," she waved him off. Closing the door, she locked it and stripped completely to hop into the shower. 

 

After eating some take out food, she went back to rest in bed. Taking her phone in hand, she quickly sent a text to Hyuna in hopes that she would be able to pick her up later on today to go get her car. Sadly Hyuna replied that she wouldn't be available. Frowning to herself, she tried to think of who to text until she received a text from Teddy. 

Hey Minzy just wanted to check in to see how you're doing. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help out.

Grinning to herself she quickly sent him a reply, actually I do need your help. If you're not busy, I was wondering if you could please pick me up from my house and take me back to the studio? I think my car is there. 

What are you doing at your house? I thought you were staying with Seunghyun's family?

Change of plans. Will you pick me up?

Sure I can. I'm gonna wrap up here at work and then I'll come get you.

No rush, just when you can...

I was finishing up anyway, I'll see you in a little. 

Minzy smiled to herself as she cuddled into her bed. 

 

Awaking to the sound of her phone, she placed it against her ear and hummed in response. "Are you sleeping," Teddy chuckled through the phone. 

"Are you here," she mumbled as she started sitting up. 

"Yeah, I've been knocking for a little while now. I almost thought you left," he teased. 

"Sorry, I'm coming," she said as she shuffled towards the door. Opening it, she was met with a big smile. "Hey." 

"You ready to go," he said holding his smile. 

"Yeah let me just put on some shoes," she answered as she slipped on the first pair she saw. "Alright let's go." Following him to his truck, she smiled as he opened the door for her, "Thanks." 

As they drove off, Teddy casually started to conversate, "So I'm guessing things didn't work out at lover boy's house?"

"Lover boy," she shook her head laughing. "We're not lovers, not anymore." 

"Bom would beg to differ," he grinned knowingly. 

Shrugging, she leaned her head upon the window, "She can think whatever the she wants. But I'm telling you that Seunghyun and I are over completely." 

"That's good," he simply answered. 

"Yeah, it is," she agreed with renewed confidence. 

"Can I be honest with you," he glanced over to her to see her nod. "You deserve better than what he could offer. Now I'm not saying that he can't change, because people can. I just don't think he's worth your time or efforts right now. You know?" 

"Thanks Teddy," she smiled. "I guess it just took my heart a little longer to catch up with my mind. Now that it has, I feel like I can finally move on even if he hasn't."

Nodding in understanding, Teddy turned towards the cafe, "It's funny how women and men heal. Women go into mourning stage while men usually go and party it up. Then in time things flip and it's the women who are long gone partying it up while the men finally realize what they are missing out on and mourn." 

"Hmm," Minzy hummed as she thought about it. "I didn't realize it. But that makes sense."

"Of course it makes sense. I'm speaking from experience," he laughed as he pulled up. Parking the car, he was up and out of the car to open her door. "Would you like me to help you up to the studio?" 

"No, I'm good. Thanks for the ride," she said gratefully. 

"Minzy," Teddy called after her. 

Turning to look back at him, she smiled, "Yes?" 

"What are you and Zelo doing for Christmas?"

Minzy honestly didn't think about it, "When is it?" 

Teddy chuckled as he stuffed his hands into his pockets, "It's in three days." 

"," she cursed herself. "You know, I'm not sure. We had my father's funeral and I just got out the hospital. I guess I haven't had time to think about it. Why?" 

"Would you guys like to spend it with me? I mean, could I spend it with you guys," he rephrased his question. 

Shrugging she didn't think much into it, "I guess. I don't have anything planned."

"That's okay, let me plan it. I'll take care of it," he waved. "See you on Christmas then?" 

Nodding she waved back, "I guess I'll see you on Christmas." 

 

Minzy did her best to help out as much as she could, but she seemed to not have her full strength back just yet. "Minzy please go take a seat, you look like you're going to pass out," Grandma frowned. 

Zelo sighed as he zoomed past, cleaning off the counter top before doing a quick scan on the baked goods, "I told her, but she wouldn't listen." 

"So you guys want me to go and sit upstairs by myself while you guys are down here doing all the work," Minzy scoffed at the two in disbelief. "I want to help." 

"You can help by manning the cash register, but sitting," Grandma instructed as she placed a stool next to it. 

Not wanting to disappoint them, or worse get kicked out completely she took a seat on the stool and did what she was told. Smiling as best as she could, she greeted each customer and called out each order. Soon enough, it became like clock work. Minzy would call out the order, Grandma would fill the order as Zelo did all the busy work refilling and stocking the kitchen for Grandma. Nearing the end of the night, Minzy was impressed to see just how many customers had come through. Grinning to herself, she was impressed with how fast they cleared out the last group of customers. Turning towards Grandma and Zelo, she smiled brightly, "We make a great team." 

"We sure do," Zelo paused as he slung his arms over both Minzy and Grandma. 

Minzy couldn't help, the giggle that escaped her lips as she leaned into her brother who squeezed her tightly against him. "Zelo," she sighed before hearing the door to the cafe ding. Absent mindedly, she turned to greet the new customer, "Hello welcome..." It was like the wind was knocked out of her as she looked at the familiar stranger. 

"Did I or did I not forbid you to come to my work place," Grandma said sharply. It was so sharp and foreign that it had Minzy second guessing the words or the tone that came from Grandma. 

"I...I just..." the familiar stranger was just as surprised at what was going on. 

"Mom...what are you doing here," Zelo asked the question that was on everyone's mind. 

Grandma looked to both Zelo and Minzy and softened her gaze, "Will you two be so kind to lock up for me? I'm afraid I have some business to attend to." It wasn't a question, but more so a warning to stay put as Grandma shuffled from behind the counter and walked past their mother and out the door. Meanwhile it seemed as though their mother was hesitant. She stood bewildered looking at the pair, meanwhile Minzy gripped the counter and bit her lower lip to hold strong. She couldn't let their mother see just how her presence was affecting her so deeply. 

"I'm glad to see you're out of the hospital," their mother said cooly and not as endearing as a mother should sound. Turning her gaze to Zelo she grinned, "Son the offer is still there if you ever change your mind." 

"Are you going to keep an old woman waiting out in the cold," Grandma spoke up as she opened the door to peek in. 

"Coming," their mother called over her shoulder. "If you guys don't have any plans for Christmas, you both are more than welcome to come join me in my home." 

Snickering at her invitation, Minzy couldn't help the bitter taste in , " you and your fake invite. I'm keeping my promise, now keep yours and let's just treat each other as mere strangers." 

"Your blood is my blood, you can never escape that," their mother snapped with just as much venom. 

"Half of my blood. It's only half," Minzy clarified. 

"Stop fighting," Zelo growled at the women in his family. "Can you guys just stop?!" 

"Mina! Outside now," Grandma said sternly, now fully back in the cafe. Her words were not to be messed with as their mother's gaze dropped to the ground and quickly moved out of the cafe with Grandma following behind. Minzy was in shock that Grandma had some kind of connection to their mother. Glancing over towards Zelo, she was confused as to why he didn't seem surprised. But before she could question him, he was out the door leaving her to her own thoughts and confusion. 

 

Minzy had cleaned the cafe up on her own and in fact was grateful to do so. This allowed her time to clear her mind and keep her thoughts from running wild. Closing shop, she walked out to see that the streets were empty. She didn't know what she was expecting to find, but she still thought there would be someone. Not pressing the issue futher, she walked up to the studio and gasped at the mess. Walking towards Zelo's area, she felt her stomach drop when she saw that some of his things were missing. It was like a brick wall had hit her as she stared at the mess. Falling to her knees, she felt the tears starting to well up in her eyes. "Zelo...where did you go?" Dialing his number, it went straight to voicemail. She began to cry as she dialed his number again to be sent straight to voicemail once again. 

 

Minzy was tearful as she found herself banging on the Park residence front door. "Where is my ing brother," she cried as she continued to bang on the door. She didn't notice, nor did she care that she was starting to wake the neighborhood. Hitting the door with all the strength she had, she was a bit frazzled to have the door opened with Mr. Park standing there. "Where is my ing mother?!" 

"I'm going to have to ask you to leave..." 

"Bring that ing here! Bring her here now," she shouted past Mr. Park. "Mom where are you," she was now crying hysterically. 

"What's going on," Bom mumbled sleepily. 

"Nothing darling, go back to bed," Minzy's mother appeared as she stepped out of the house. Turning, she quietly talked to Mr. Park who looked unsure as to leave his wife's side.

Minzy hissed out of frustration, "Don't look at me like that. You don't know half the this woman is capable of." 

"Why are you here," Minzy's mother asked. 

Scoffing and crying harder, Minzy shook her head, "Where is he? Where is my brother?!" 

"I don't know," her mother shrugged. 

"You don't ing know?! How do you not ing know," Minzy asked in disbelief. "What did you say to him?" 

"The truth," she simple spoke. 

Irritated was an understatement as Minzy growled, "Alright lady, what's the ing truth?!"

"I told him that I couldn't be apart of your family any longer, but if he wanted he could join the one I have now." 

"Minzy calm down," Zelo opened the door with Mr. Park and Bom standing right behind him. 

"You don't ing know?! He's right there," Minzy shook her head. 

Zelo put his hands up and stepped out of the house, "I told her not to tell you I was here."

Minzy had never felt so much betrayal as she turned to leave. Blocking out everything and everyone she hopped in her car and drove off. Sobbing hard, she didn't know how she made it to the studio, tossing random clothing in a bag she was out the door and driving off again. Parking at her destination, she cried even more as she stared down at her trembling hands. Hearing the tapping on her window, she was startled as she looked up through her watery eyes to see Teddy. 

Rolling her window down, she didn't care how she looked, "Sorry I won't be making it to your Christmas celebration." 

"Where are you going," he frowned. 

"Away," more tears fell from her eyes. "I'm leaving." 

"Minzy tomorrow is Christmas Eve and most of the flights out are already booked," Teddy said knowingly. "I checked." 

", aren't you the know it all," she dropped her gaze back down towards her lap watching as the tears pooled in her hands. "Either way I'm leaving," she shrugged determine to get the hell out of there.

Teddy couldn't let her drive off in the state she was in, "Umm...I don't think that will be a good idea."

"I don't give two s right now," she breathed as she started her car again. 

He quickly held up his hands to stay her, "Wait! Where's Zelo?"

"He's with his new ing family, now if you would excuse me..." 

"Let me drive," he said as he blocked her in with his body. 

"Let me go," she cried at as she inched her car to see he would not budge.

He shook his head as he laid on the hood of her car, "No, I can't and I won't."

Irritated and near exhaustion, she parked her car and continued to sob. She couldn’t take it. She didn’t have any fight in her as she hopelessly cried. “ my life!”

”Minzy will you please let me drive you,” Teddy cautiously spoke. “I promise I will take you where ever you wanna go. Just let me drive.”

Shrugging as she was out of her mind sobbing, she honestly couldn’t think of a place to go, “I can’t go home to the studio or back to the house. Honestly I just wanna get out of here.” 

“Okay...” he replied as he opened her car door. “Would you like me to help you into the back?” Shaking her head she crawled into the passenger side and curled up into a ball. Pulling her knees into her chest she closed her eyes and tried to pull it together. 

 

Minzy was grateful that Teddy had driven around for a bit, allowing her time to cool down into soft sniffles with puffy eyed tears running down her face. Staring out the window through her blurry eyes, she couldn’t really make out where they had stopped. “Where are we...” she muttered softly. 

He let out an unsure laugh as he parked the car, “Well it’s getting really late and I couldn’t really think of a place to take you, but to my home?”

”Your home,” she repeated as she tried to wipe her eyes to get a better look at her surroundings. Glancing through the window, she was impressed to see a new model home, as expected. "It's beautiful." 

He shrugged as he followed her gaze, "It's temporary." 

"As beautiful as it is, I don't know if I should stay here. You can just take me to a near by hotel," she shrugged as she tried to wipe at her continuous flow of tears. 

He scoffed in disbelief at her suggestion, "You think I would just leave you at some hotel? The only hotels that are probably open right now are the dirty cheating hotels." 

Minzy chuckled through her tears as she watched him make a disgusted face, "It'll be fine." 

"Nope, I don't see the point in taking you to a hotel when I have a house to myself. Plus I was thinking why not start our Christmas celebration early?" 

"I don't want to," she sighed as she felt an oncoming headache. "I don't wanna do anything but be alone." 

"Fine you can be alone in one of the rooms in my house, but I'm not going to take you to a low down sleezy hotel," he said sternly. 

Groaning out loud, she leaned her head upon the cool glass. She wanted to be left alone, but he wouldn't let her. Coming around and opening her door, she was quick to show him that she could get out herself. Folding her arms before her, she sniffled back her tears as she quietly followed him into the house. As much as she wanted to compliment him on the Christmas decorations, she just didn't have it in her. Walking into the guest room, she plopped onto the bed and shrugged. "Thanks." 

"Let me know if you need anything," he gave a small grin before walking away. 

Taking the opportunity to be left alone, she got up and closed the door. Locking it, she sighed as she turned to curl up onto the bed and sob.