10.

Strong Willed

Minzy groaned as she felt something poking at her cheek. Trying to smack whatever it was away from her face, the poking stopped before it started again. "What the hell," her voice cracked as she tried once again to slap away the poking to hear muffled giggling. "Zelo I'm going to you up if you don't stop messing with me!"

"Good morning to you too sleepy head! It's almost five and my surgery is at seven," Zelo said smiling down at her. 

Her eyes slowly opened as she saw her brother and mother looking down at her. "Really? Your surgery is at seven? How long is it going to take?"

He shrugged as he glanced to their mom to give her details. "But there's more! I have great news. There was this celebrity guy that came by the hospital earlier.

"What," she quickly sat up and pulled the covers up in fear.

"Yeah his name was Jay Park. I think it was. But he came by the room and said he had heard about my story and our financial situation and that he wanted to help out!"

"Minzy he offered to pay for all of his treatment," their mother chimed in happily.

Meanwhile Minzy held the covers up over her, "And... Where was I?"

Zelo and their mother chuckled making her even more nervous. "You were right where you are."

"Please tell me he came without cameras," she wanted to cry.

"Uh...well..."

"Please tell me that you didn't let him camera me!!!"

"Minzy calm down, it wasn't bad. You didn't do or say anything too embarassing," Zelo smiled.

She sighed as she pushed herself out of bed, "Zelo how could you let him in the room?!"

"Minzy calm down, you'll see on tv tonight that you weren't too bad," he tried to comfort her but failed tp do so. She shook her head, as she made her way to the bathroom to freshen up, not wanting to cause a scene before Zelo's surgery. 

 

The three laughed and talked as time got closer for Zelo's surgery. "Lucky for me, I get to watch the show before I go into surgery!"

Flipping on the tv, Minzy sat glued to the screen, scared for what was to come. "Today we found a new and rising star finding time out of his busy schedule to visit sick children. Here we have Jay Park! Jay what made you want to do such chairty work?" The news caster held the microphone to him as he smiled, "I've always loved helping people and I thought what better way to spend my Sunday than with the innocent children here at this hospital." Minzy scoffed as she rolled her eyes and watched different clips of Jay visiting various parts of the hospital. But froze as he was leading the camera crew to a certain room. She watched as the camera peeked into the room and for a brief second she saw Zelo. Praying that the camera man stood outside as Jay lightly knocked on the door to have the camera crew follow right in. Smiling as she watched Zelo quickly shielded her by pulling up the covers and wrapping his arm around her. "Excuse me, can I help you," Zelo asked the man confused. "I'm sorry to intrude, but I've heard a great deal about you." Minzy was impressed at how professional and charming her brother was on camera. It was almost a perfect interview before Jay asked who was laying beside him. She cursed him under her breath as a grin formed at Jay's lips. He knew exactly who she was, but thought the whole world should get a glimpse of her as well. The camera zoomed in to see her peaceful sleeping state as she wrapped her arms around her brother's waist and snuggled up against him. "She's my older sister. She's very protective." As if on cue, Minzy started to mumble in her sleep, "Zelo I will always protect you. No matter what." A tear fell from her eyes, and Zelo caringly wipped it away, "She even worries for me in her sleep." As much as she wanted to die at the moment, the longing look in Jay's eyes threw her off guard. "She's very beautiful when she sleeps and it seems that she's a very caring sister. She reminds me of someone I know and I hope that person can come to care for me this much as your sister cares for you." Minzy smiled at his little sly flirting moment before the interview wrapped up for the night.

"Jay was pretty cool. He said he would pay for everything because of you," Zelo pointed to his sister. "It was kind of weird, after the cameras were off. I could tell he kept glancing over at you like he knew you." Smiling to herself, she took out her phone and sent Jay a quick thank you text. 

Minzy shrugged as she played it off, "Remember he said that I reminded him of someone he knew, that's probably why. But enough of that, let's talk about how you let them camera me!" She pinched his cheeks teasingly, "How could you?!" The three laughed as she kept teasing her brother.

 

Minzy gave her brother a strong hug. She couldn't verbalize it, but she was scared out of her mind. Her brother was about to go under the knife for hours. She couldn't help but think on what the doctor said, the possiblities of something happening to him were high. "It's okay Minzy. I'm going to be okay," he spoke up and squeezed her tighter.

"I can't help it. I'm scared for you," she admitted.

"So am I. But I'm going to need you to be strong for me and mom. Please Minzy, be strong," he asked before pulling away to look at her. "Be strong for me." She nodded as she embraced him one last time before he was wheeled away.

 

Minzy was becoming woren out with everything going on and it was only Wednesday. She was all over the place. When she was at school she was busy with her new class to showing up to all the mini campaigns Hyuna and Fei had put together. It also didn't help that she was being hounded by everyone about the interview on Sunday. Some where envious of her unconsciously meeting the famous Jay Park or very sympathetic about her brother. Either way, she didn't need or like that kind of attention and strictly told her best friends to leave out anything dealing with her personal life, especially her brother. On top of all the hectic things going on in her life, Seunghyun was once again treating her like a stranger. He was becoming unpredictable to her and she didn't like that one bit. She knew they both felt something when they kissed last. But the feeling wasn't as strong as the impression left when he went after Bom. Bom had become his main focus and she didn't know how to shift that focus back on herself.

Minzy shook the thought as she turned her attention towards the gawking crowd. Laughing as everyone stood in awe at the models passing out delicious cookies with Minzy's name iced on them, she walked forward to take a bite into one of the cookies. Her presence didn't phase the group of young teens. Nodding over at her two best friends, it was a classic way of literally catching everyone's eyes. Gazing around, Minzy even spotted one of her teachers blushing as she talked to a model. Shaking her head, she was nudged accidently by a new group of peers rushing over to see what all the commotion was. To her surprise she saw Bom being pushed aside with a tray of cookies with her name written on it. It was sad and somewhat pathetic as she watched Bom sum up the courage to walk up to someone and ask if they wanted a cookie to have it rejected. Seeing her slump forward, she could tell Bom was going to give up. Minzy stood rolling her eyes at the scene before her, in her mind Bom was giving up too easily and held no kind of confidence. The scenario became even worse as peers bumped into her, making the tray of cookies fall to the ground. As if it wasn't dramatic enough to see Bom fall to her knees staring at the broken cookies, she began to cry. Sighing Minzy marched up to the annoying girl and glared down at her.

"Are you hurt? Did someone hit you," Minzy asked coldly. Though it wasn't intentional for it to come out like that, seeing Bom cry over nothing made her angry.

"No," Bom mumbled as she covered her face with her hands and continued to cry.

"Then why are you crying? No one hurt you!"

"Why does it matter if I cry," Bom barked at her.

"I just think that you shouldn't cry over something so stupid as cookies when you can go buy some more," Minzy shrugged.

"I made them thank you very much! At least these are real tears. I know you were probably fake sleeping as you rehersed that fake tear on Sunday! It makes me wonder if what's happening to your brother is all fake. Since a fake person like you is involved in it!"

Minzy was enraged at Bom's carelessness, especially for the fact of talking about her brother. "What...did...you say," Minzy growled as she stomped on one of the cookies and clenched her fists.

"You're fake! You along with your fake story about your brother," Bom snapped.

"I'll show you something real," Minzy growled before kicking the pile of cookies at Bom and then kicking her in the face making her fall flat on her back. Taking advantage of the moment, Minzy jumped over her and began to swing punches left and right at her face. " does this feel real enough?!" She couldn't hear the cries for her to stop as she continue to bury Bom's face into the ground. 

Minzy kicked and screamed as she was easily lifted away from Bom. "Stop Minzy," a familiar deep voice whispered against her ear. 

But she tried to fight the tight grip around her waist as she glared over at Bom, "Don't you ever talk about my brother like that! I'll ing kill you next time Bom! You wait, I will!"

"Minzy please stop," the voice pleaded in her ear once again. "Calm down, please Minzy she didn't mean it."

Her eyes started to well up with tears as she turned to see Seunghyun's pleading eyes that were filled with understanding and kindness. "Get away from her," Hyuna pushed at Seunghyun as Fei pulled Minzy out of his grasp and into her arms protectively.

"Your girlfriend is a real ," Hyuna stood into Seunghyun's view. "You were like an older brother that Zelo never had, yet you let that talk so carelessly about him?!"

"Get a grip of yourself Seunghyun! Even if you and Minzy aren't together anymore, you don't have to drag Zelo into this mess. He's innocent and you know this"

"I know," he sighed and nodded taking the blame. 

But Minzy wasn't having it as she pushed herself forward glaring up at him, "Seunghyun, do you really know what you're doing now?" He nodded and quietly awaited her expected wrath. She went quiet as a piece of her heart broke for the guy standing before her. "You of all people, I thought truly understood what my brother means to me."

"I do..."

"No! No you don't! Just like I never knew how much Bom means to you to let her disrespect my brother."

He shook his head as he reached out to her, "Minzy please it's not like that!"

"You make me sick," she shook her head in disgust as she glared over his shoulders at Bom. "He won't be there for you all the time and when he isn't you'll understand how much of an he really is."

Minzy turned to see everyone looking at her with different expressions. But they all didn't matter, as she took a deep breath and held her head high before walking off. Pulling out her sun glasses, she smoothly put them on as she exited the school. She was caught off guard as she saw the familiar group of guys waiting by her car. A bit annoyed that she wasn't making a clean escape, she did her best to play it off.

"Minzy where's the other girls," Jiyong was the first to ask blocking her car door.

"Inside," she mumbled as she pushed her way past him. 

But he took hold of her wrist to stop her, "Wait! Where are you going?"

She sighed as she did her best not to yell at him, "I just need to go before..."

"Minzy," her name was called as she froze for a split second. "Minzy..."

"Please move," she pushed past him and jumped into her car. Not waiting for the group to clear completely, she began to pull out before Seunghyun stood in the way. "," she hissed as she hit the brake. Parking the car she hopped out and walked up to him, "Can you move?!"

"Wait let's talk," he tried to reach out for her, as she pulled away shaking her head

"No! Don't touch me!"

"Minzy," he tried once again to be rejected.

"Hey man I think she told you to not touch her," Jiyong stepped in sizing up Seunghyun.

Seunghyun coughed a laugh before looking at Minzy in disbelief, "This guy again?!" She shrugged as she turned to leave, to have Seunghyun catch hold of her wrist, "Minzy?!"

"Let me go," she yanked her wrist out of his grasp and backed up enough for Jiyong to stand in between.

"Move," Seunghyun hissed to have Jiyong stand still.

"Or what," Jiyong challenged. "Leave her the alone man. If she doesn't want to talk to you then she doesn't have to."

Minzy was grateful for Jiyong as she quickly made her escape. Stepping on the gas as she exited the school parking lot. Turning up her stereo on full blast, she sped down the streets before pulling up to Zelo's school. Picking up all his school work and get well cards, she made her way back to her car to speed away once again. Grinning as she was able to make it to the hospital in record time, she picked up Zelo's school work and walked towards the hospital. The grin quickly disappeared as she saw Seunghyun and Bom approaching as well. Hoping they wouldn't see her, she picked up her pace and entered before them. Hitting the elevator button, she was grateful that it opened on the first push. Entering swiftly, she began to press the floor button to get the doors to close. But it was just her luck as a hand squeezed through just in time before it fully closed. Cursing the heavens above, she held her cool as the doors opened up to reveal Seunghyun and Bom. Holding her ground as the pair saw her, she noticed the fear in Bom's eyes. It made her feel a tad better as a small smirk formed at the corner of her lips. But the small victory was short lived as she watched Seunghyun carefully wrap his arm around Bom and guide her into the elevator. Rolling her eyes as they stood next to her, she leaned onto the wall and folded her arms as she stood staring at the doors. The silence was so thick, she thought she was going to suffocate if the elevator went any slower. Closing her eyes, Minzy did her best to control her emotions. It was only a few more seconds before it hit her floor. The dinging of the elevator caused her eyes to snap open, but it wasn't her floor. Not wanting to see the two exit together, she closed her eyes once again hoping they would leave quickly. Hearing the shuffling and then the closing of the elevator, she slowly opened her eyes to find herself alone once again. Sighing, she slid down onto the floor. Pulling her knees to her chest, she hugged her legs and leaned her head onto her knees. No matter how much she tried to escape reality, fate seemed to find its way back into her life. It was as if she was supposed to watch them have their happy ending and what even made it harder for her was the fact that she was the cause for it. If only she could get a grip of her anger issues, those two wouldn't have such intimate moments together.

"Excuse me is this the floor you're wanting to get off at," a voice called out to her bringing her back to the present.

Gazing up, she glanced to the floor and nodded. Giving the person a grateful smile, she made her way out of the elevator. Walking towards her brother's room, she mentally prepared herself to meet him. She made sure that when she was with Zelo it was all about him. She made it a priority that his happiness was before hers, especially with his condition. Taking a deep breath, she knocked before entering, "Zelo! Look what I..." She stopped midsentence as she saw a familiar visitor. "Oh...sorry for interrupting. I can come back," she pivoted and turned to leave.

"Wait no please, come Minzy I want you to meet the man helping me pay for my treatment," her brother called her back.

Doing her best, she plastered a fake smile onto her face and turned to face the pair, "Hello."

"Hi nice to meet you, I'm Jay Park," he stood and extended his hand out to her.

Biting down on her lower lip, she accepted his hand, "Nice to meet you. I'm Minzy his older sister. Thank you so much for all your help."

"It's my pleasure," he flashed her a bright smile but she knew better than to fall for that.

The two went quiet as they stood staring at each other. Their hand shake went limp and it was as if he was purposly holding her hand. It was as if their eyes were doing all the talking as she felt his thumb brushing small circles on the top of her hand. Grinning at his flirtatious move, she took it one step further as she intertwined her fingers with his. It wasn't until Zelo coughed loudly, that they remembered his presence. Minzy quickly pulled her hand away and moved to her brother's side, "Uh...thanks for coming by and visiting my brother."

He grinned as he awkwardly moved his hand to the back of his neck, "Um...yeah of course. You both really moved me. Thanks for letting me come by."

Though Zelo didn't know about their history, he could tell there was a small attraction between them, "Minzy can you our guest out and get his number to keep him updated on my progress?"

Minzy turned and raised her eyebrow at her brother as Jay smiled and winked at him, "Thanks Zelo. I guess I'll get going then."

"Oh...I guess I'll you out then," she shrugged as she followed Jay out.

Closing the door, Minzy turned to see a smiling Jay, "I like your brother and I think he likes me too."

"He wouldn't like you if he really knew you," she chuckled as they made their way to the elevator.

"You know I'm a busy man and yet you insist on me coming to you," he shook his head as they entered the elevator.

"I don't know what you're talking about. I didn't ask you come here."

"So I have to come and find you to get a thank you? You didn't call or send a text to thank me for what I did on Sunday," he pouted cutely at her making her giggle.

Rolling her eyes at him, she teasingly punched his arm, "You are so needy! I thought I text you, maybe it didn't send. But thank you."

Jay reached for the stop button and pushed it making the elevator come to an abrupt halt. She gave him a confused look before he moved close to her, cornering her against the wall. He smirked as he placed his hand against the wall behind her head and leaned in close to her face. His lips were so close to hers she could feel the heat of his breath as he fixed his gaze on her. "I didn't come all this way for that," he spoke with a deep seducitve voice.

Minzy knew exactly what kind of thank you he was looking for and leaned closer to him brushing her lips across his. She smirked as his eye twitched at the sensation. She had him eating out of the palm of her hand as she wrapped a leg around his waist and hooked her arm his neck to tilt it in the direction she wanted it. Pulling away, she let her free hand caress his face before tracing down his chest. Tilting her head in the opposite direction of his, she slowly moved towards his lips and watched as he closed his eyes. "Jay you naughty boy, I'm still not giving you what you want," she whispered against his lips before pushing him away from her. Turning she started up the elevator again and began to fix herself up. "You really have some nerve to do that in here when there's cameras. Don't you care about your image," she asked as she used the doors as her mirror to fix her hair and see his expressions.

"Minzy my image! All I want is you," he growled as he yanked her wrist to turn her to face him.

"Must I remind you of your terms," she countered as she glared right back at him.

They both stood glaring at each other in silence as the elevator doors opened. "Is everything okay in here," they both turned to see Seunghyun standing there.

Each of them instantly pulled in opposite directions of the elevator, giving a huge gap for Seunghyun to enter. Minzy folded her arms over her chest as she sighed at another long ride in the elevator of awkward silence.

 

 

Author's Notes:

Aish sorry this chapter took me forever to write for some odd reason. Hope you all enjoyed it! Thanks for reading and commenting!<3

 

 

Author's Notes:

Two weeks in a row of two updates! Yay me! Gosh I'm seriously deteremined to get this one done as of right now. Hopefully I can do that next week. Thanks for reading and commenting! <3