41.

Strong Willed

Teddy popped his head in and grinned, "Hey boss."

"Hey," Minzy smiled as she waved for him to enter. "Have a seat." 

"Whoa I haven't been in the hot seat in such a long time," Teddy chuckled as he sat down. I can assure you that it's not the seat that is hot, she thought with a grin. "What are you grinning at?" 

Pushing her thoughts aside, she smiled as if she had not heard his question, "What can I do for you Teddy?" 

"Why was I fired," he asked with confusion. "I didn't steal any money and it said so in my file. It was clean without any marks whatsoever." 

Minzy nodded as she pushed a couple of papers towards him, "Answer me this, how did Grandma know where to find me? Was it you?" He went wide eyed as he looked through the photos and papers. "My team was able to execute a near perfect escape but somehow you were able to find me. How?"

Teddy reached for the papers and shook his head, "! I...I'm sorry." Standing to his feet he was ready to bolt for the door.

"Could it be that you did the same thing," she asked as she remembered the conversation from long ago they had. "You don't have to fear being found. I promise the only thing I know is that somehow and some way you were able to locate me through some stealthy tracker." 

Teddy rushed over to her and took one long look before pulling her into a strong embrace. Smashing his lips onto hers, he kissed her hard as he breathed a soft sorry against her lips and left. She stumbled back at his abrupt actions as he was gone before she could process what had happened. "Is everything okay," CL asked thinking that Teddy's time was far too short of a visit compared to the news Minzy was going to break to him about wanting him to be the head of the company instead of her. 

Minzy shrugged as her lips were still tingling from being assaulted without warning. Taking hold of her desk, she steadied herself back into her seat as she called Teddy's phone to have it be sent straight to voicemail. Frowning with confusion, she didn't notice the man that walked in. "President Gong," Seunghyun called out to her which made her look his way. 

"Oh...I'm sorry, please come in," Minzy said still unnerved by Teddy's actions. 

"Are you okay," Seunghyun asked seeing how flustered she seemed. 

She nodded as she pushed Teddy's file aside and pulled out Seunghyun's as she tried to refocus, "Um...what can I do for you Mr. Choi?" 

"Minzy is everything okay," he asked concerned as she looked like she struggled to sit still. 

She let out a deep sigh as she shut his file, "No, actually I thought I could do this but I can't." 

"If you give me time I can pay it back..." 

"No, that won't cut it. I've decided to cut you a deal with your father's firm. You can work off your debt by working for your father and leaving this company effective immediately," she hurried through his file. She had initially thought of selling the idea, but Teddy was her currently on the brain. She was coming a part at the seams as she sighed, "I'm sorry Mr. Choi thank you for your time." 

"So that's it," Seunghyun scoffed in disbelief. "I don't get a second chance like everyone else?" 

"You were given more than enough chances. I was just the one to say that enough is enough," she said cutting right to the chase. "Seunghyun did you really think you could keep geting away with swindling money from the company and Bom? Why did you do it? I don't understand..."

"Yeah you don't understand because it was all for you," he shook his head in disbelief. "I was told by different private investigators that they would be able to track you down. But obviously they couldn't ever complete the job. Every new investigator required a large amount of money as well as funding for their team and equipment. So I apologize for being so concerned for you when everyone else had all but given up on you." 

"Seunghyun I'm grateful to know that you wanted to find me. But I don't regret leaving. You should have cut your losses a while ago. Finding me is a lost cause because what you were searching for can never be returned," she said calmly. "I told you already that I loved you..."

He chuckled sadly as it hit him, "Loved? Like past tense?" She stayed quiet hoping that it would answer his questions, "I understand. I will accept being fired but decline working for my father. I will instead take the prison sentence." 

"Seunghyun..." 

"It's Mr. Choi," he said with conviction as he held his head high and walked out. 

Minzy huffed out in frustration knowing that was to be expected. Shaking her head, she reached for her phone and tried to call Teddy again to be sent to voicemail. Hanging her phone up she walked out of the office to see the team grinning proudly as she handed them the contracts she was able to get signed. "Good work," CL nodded. 

"Now we can go celebrate with dinner and drinks on me tonight," Minzy cheered to have the team follow. 

CL raised her hand guilty of killing the mood, "Hyuna is waiting in her office so you both could go and get fitted for the wedding tomorrow." 

Minzy groaned as she sighed, "Well then, enjoy dinner and drinks on me. Please also treat your significant others." The team clapped and bowed in appreciation. "Are you sure she hasn't left?" 

"Nope," Hyuna smiled as she came walking in. "I was making arrangments with my seamstress. Ready to go?"

"Wait," she dialed Teddy's phone one last time to see that it went to voicemail again. "," she breathed as she shrugged and followed Hyuna out. 

 

Minzy stood as still as a statue while the seamstress went about taking measurements. She tried to stay focused on the conversation between Hyuna and the seamstress, but she was too deep in thought about Teddy. His surprise kiss still lingered in her mind. But more importantly she remembered the worry in his face. Was it a mistake on her part for confronting him? It was an innocent gesture as a thank you for making her face her circumstances head on. She had planned to then reveal that she would like him to be the head of the company. He would run the construction company and she would run the cafe. It was a win-win situation in her mind, but apparently it wasn't.

"Minzy are you alright," Hyuna asked.

Minzy glanced over at Hyuna and grinned, "Yeah I'm fine. I've just had a really long day." 

"Well it's expected as a president of a company," Hyuna smiled brightly as she winked. "To think that I know the boss personally."

Minzy rolled her eyes as the seamstress allowed her to sit down, "Shouldn't you feel worried that you know the boss personally? It could ruin your personal relationship with them?" 

Hyuna shrugged as she slung her arm over Minzy's shoulders, "The we've been through so far in life proves that nothing can ruin what we have." 

Minzy chuckled as she sighed, "That's good to hear." 

Hyuna smiled and was going to say something before her phone started to go off. Glancing at her phone, she mindlessly mumbled that it was Teddy. Picking up her phone, Minzy sat still as her chest tightened. It was good to know that at the very least he was okay enough to call Hyuna. But it was kind of disheartening that he had not returned any of her calls or at the very least sent a simple text. Watching Hyuna's facial expressions, Hyuna's eyes shifted to Minzy as if she wanted to say something before her eyes darted else where. "Uh huh..." Hyuna mumbled as she stood up and walked away from Minzy. This made her worry even more as Hyuna started to pace. 

"What's going on," Minzy mouthed to Hyuna who waved her off as she continue to pace and listen intently to whatever Teddy was saying. 

Minzy rolled her eyes as she heard her phone go off and she sighed before picking up her phone, "Hello?" 

"Minzy , what are you up to," Chaerin's voice sang through the phone. 

Minzy smiled as she gazed over to the seamstress who seemed completely in the zone on making her dress, "I'm getting fitted for a bride's maid dress. One of my friend's is getting married tomorrow." 

"Wow you've been super busy since you've gone home," Chaerin said impressed. 

Minzy sighed as she turned away from Hyuna. Hyuna's pacing was starting to make her feel anxious, "Yeah it's been crazy." 

"Too crazy for you to go out for some drinks tonight," Chaerin asked curiously. 

Minzy thought about it and grinned, "If you were here I would for sure take you out to this new club." 

"And what about me," she heard someone call from the distance on the phone. 

Chaerin chuckled, "And what about Taeyang? He wants to know if he could possibly tag along if we were able to visit this new club." 

"If only, if only," Minzy sighed at the idea of seeing her best friend again. 

"Drop me a pin and maybe if we wish hard enough it will come true," Chaerin said. 

Minzy didn't think too much into it as she sent her her location. "Maybe it would be better to send you my address seeing as we're wrapping up here. That way I can have you signed, sealed and delievered to my door." 

Chaerin laughed as she agreed, "That would be better." 

"I miss you," Minzy pouted as she text her address. "Send me some treats from New Zealand yeah?" 

"I'll think about it," Chaerin teased. 

"Don't be a ," Minzy whined. 

"If only, if only," Chaerin teased. "Well I just wanted to call and make sure you're okay. The phone does work two ways. You can call me too."

"You can call me too," Taeyang added in the back.

Minzy felt guilty as she knew she had not done so well on her part, "I'm sorry guys. I will make it up to you both." 

"You better," Chaerin said before she and Taeyang said goodbye. 

Minzy hung up the phone and was pleasantly surprised to hear the seamstress call her over. She had the main part of the dress sown together and wanted Minzy to try it on before she continued. Gazing over at Hyuna who was still on the phone, she shook her head and went to do what she was told. Slipping on the dress, Minzy grinned at the navy blue dress. It fit her curves perfectly as she came out of the dressing room to show the seamstress. She was up and on her feet doing a quick turn about to add a few more pins and then allow Minzy to change back into her clothing. 

By the time Minzy was done changing, Hyuna was standing with a big smile, "Are you ready to go?" 

Minzy nodded as she gratefully thanked the seamstress for all her hard work, "Yeah, let's go." 

 

As the two drove off, Minzy's curiosity got the best of her, "What did Teddy want?" 

Hyuna sighed as she stayed focused on the road, "He apologized continually for not being able to make it to the wedding tomorrow." 

"He's not coming," Minzy eyed Hyuna.

She nodded as she continued, "Yeah he said it had to was a life or death kind of situation. He told me that he would explain it to me once it was all over." 

"Oh," Minzy frowned. She wondered what had him feeling that he was in that kind of situation. "Did he say how he got into that situation," Minzy prodded as she thought of how he had stormed out of her office earlier. 

"No, he just kept apologizing and even offered to pay for my honeymoon," Hyuna explained. "But since it was already paid for he said that he would pay for both me and Mino's debt to the company. He said that the money would be wired to your team today." 

Minzy's phone buzzed as she received a message from CL confirming Hyuna's words. "Okay," Minzy breathed in awe. 

"Yeah, I couldn't be mad at someone who had cleared both mine and Mino's names," Hyuna grinned as she pulled up to the offices to drop Minzy off at her car. "I will send you the address and all the information about my wedding for tomorrow." Minzy nodded as she hopped out the car, "I'll see you tomorrow afternoon," Hyuna waved as she left. 

 

Minzy had pulled up to her apartment when she noticed a call from Dae, "Hello?" 

"Baby girl why didn't you tell me that you were the new owner of PCC," Dae asked in an accusing yet teasing manner. "If I knew I was talking to the boss I would've talked about the company in a more professional manner." 

She chuckled as she made her way into the apartment, "Dae don't worry your concerns were heard and addressed." 

"Obviously seeing as your Mino boy had called me today and had told me that he was staying up late to draft up plans that he wanted to present to me by Monday," Dae said in disbelief. 

"I even shared with some friends of your fancy club. They want to visit it when they come down," Minzy bragged. 

"Minzy what did I do to deserve a weed bestie like you," he let out a sigh of contentment. 

She giggled as she moved towards the elevator, "Who knows maybe we might be there tonight." The thought made Minzy smile if only it were true. 

"You and whoever you bring will always by my VIP guests. Well I'll see you tonight if you come, if not I'll probably be calling you if I have any further issues big boss," Dae teased. 

Minzy laughed as she hung up, awaiting the elevator she didn't take notice at the other people who awaited the elevator with her. Stepping in, Minzy pushed the top floor and turned to ask what floor to see smirking and Taeyang with a knowing smile. "," Minzy squealed as she flung herself into Chaerin's arms. 

"Hey girl," Chaerin laughed as she caught her best friend in her arms. 

"I think we've reached your floor," Taeyang spoke up as the doors reopened. 

Minzy sighed as she turned to embrace him, "Hey Taeyang." 

Chaerin grinned as she moved to hold the door open, "Shall we?" Pulling away, Minzy took Chaerin's hand and guided her to her door. Opening her front door, both Chaerin and Taeyang were in awe at how large the apartment was. "What are you, ing rich or something?"

Minzy knew Chaerin's circumstances were in a more humble state. Chaerin had worked her off to get scholarships to pay for her schooling and worked twice as hard to make sure that her grades were straight A's. "Yeah we can talk about that later," Minzy waved it off. "Let me show you guys around," she said as she showed them her apartment. "I've moved home to help care for my Grandma, but I do live here part time." 

"It must be nice to have multiple homes," Chaerin said in an impressed tone rather than a jealous one. 

Minzy shrugged, "It helps with all the stress I've been under since I've been back." 

"Maybe we can talk about it after you take us out to that fancy new club you were talking about earlier," Chaerin suggested. "I slept for majority of our time flying over."

Taeyang gave a weak grin, "I on the other hand couldn't sleep with her constant snoring." He mimicked her snoring with his head cocked back loudly and rather dramatically snoring which made Minzy laugh while Chaerin hissed at him to stop. "Will it be okay if I stay here and rest a while?"

Both woman looked at each other and grinned as Minzy nodded, "Of course. You can rest in my bed if you'd like." 

But he declined as he nodded to the furniture behind them, "I'll sleep on the couch that way I won't be woken up to be moved to the couch anyway."

Grateful that he was understanding of what was happening, she told him to help himself to whatever was in her kitchen and that if he changed him mind he could still sleep on her bed. "Alright , I knew I bought new outfits for a reason," Chaerin chimed in as she clasped her hands together being excited that she was not forcing Minzy to take her out but that she was acutally a willing participant. 

 

Minzy and Chaerin laughed and danced as they got dressed. They acted like little girls dramatically over acting each song and ending in a pose in front of the mirror. They dressed like models that stepped off the cover of a magazine. Chaerin wore a black fitted short dress while Minzy wore a rose gold sparkly short dress. Each complimenting the curves of their bodies as their long blown hair added a look of fierceness to them. Chaerin flung her arm over her best friend proudly, "I would be lesbian for you." 

Minzy laughed as she wrapped her arm around Chaerin's torso and held her friend, "I'm already a lesbian for you." 

The two laughed as a knock came at the door. Wondering what was wrong with Taeyang, she opened the door to see his sleepy eyes looking at her, "Hey?" She was a little startled to see his toned six pack, realizing it had been a little while since she had seen a man like this. 

"There's a hord of women at your door demanding to see you," he mumbled. 

"What," she mumbled as she walked past him to her front door to see Hyuna standing at the front of the group with a little tierra and sash with Bom and Fei flanking on either sides of her. 

"Minzy," Hyuna squealed upon seeing her friend and launching forward to embrace her. "Who the is that hot man that answered your door," she breathed softly as Taeyang re-emerged and grabbed his shirt to pull it over him. 

Minzy chuckled as she pulled away, "What's going on?" 

"What do you mean what's going on?! It's the last day I'm going to be single. Of course we need to celebrate my last night of freedom," Hyuna squealed as she clapped her hands together as Bom and Fei shifted uncomfortably behind the excited woman. 

Chaerin walked out to see what was going on as she stood next to her best friend, "Minzy what's going on?" 

Hyuna looked at both Minzy and Chaerin to see they were all dolled up to go out. Placing her hands onto her hips, she eyed Minzy in disbelief, "Were you going to that club we went to the other day?" Minzy nodded as Hyuna let out a squeaked as she jumped into Minzy's arms, "Yes! I thought I would have to drag you there but you were already on your way!" 

Minzy groaned inwardly as she pulled away, "You want us all to go there?"

"Today and tomorrow is all about me! I don't give a with whatever beef ya'll have. We're all going out together," Hyuna said in a matter of fact tone. She seemed like she was already a bit tipsy and a tipsy Hyuna was a determined one at that. 

Pressing her lips tightly together, she didn't want to have to explain the dynamic of this group as Minzy shrugged. "You three can ride together and we'll go together." 

"What," Hyuna hissed. "Nope we're riding together..."

"She drove," Fei mumbled to get a side eye from Hyuna. 

"Alright I'll drive," Minzy mumbled as she looked back to see Taeyang standing in the back awkwardly wanting to sit down but at the same time not wanting to be impolite. "You three head down and I'll meet you guys down stairs. I need to lock up."

"Okay...you lock up," Hyuna winked as she nodded towards Taeyang in a very obvious manner. "Nice to meet you," Hyuna stuck her head in past Minzy and frowned seeing that his shirt was covering his tone body. Huffing Hyuna turned with the other two following suit. 

"," Minzy huffed when the three women left. She groaned as her night took a turn.