4.

Strong Willed

Minzy made her way to the lunch room to see that Seunghyun wasn’t waiting in his usual spot for her. She sighed guessing that he probably was finishing up some assignment in class and decided to go to her locker to do some touch ups on her makeup. She had gone and come back to see that he still wasn’t there, looking at the clock that hung on the wall he was fifteen minutes late. It was the latest he had ever been to lunch Lunch was the only period that he had always beat her to, but today was a new day. Not wanting to wait any longer, she quickly got her tray and walked to where they usually sat. Taken aback, she found him already eating and talking with Bom. 

“She just won’t quite will she,” she hissed as she walked up to the table and dropped her tray onto the table making Bom jump.

“Oh hey babe,” Seunghyun smiled up at her before turning back to his conversation with Bom.

Minzy rolled her eyes at him as she stood glaring at Bom. Folding her arms as she stood in place, she watched Bom shift uncomfortably. “Uh are you gonna sit with us,” Seunghyun turned his attention back to her noticing she wasn’t sitting.

“Mmhmm,” she eyed Bom before taking a seat next to her boyfriend. Taking her small bowl of salad off her tray, she pushed it his way.

He gladly accepted it and quickly began to devour it as Minzy picked up her fork and stabbed hard into her salad for each bite. She wanted Bom to hear the crunch and imagined Bom's face making the same sound as she punched her. Seeing Bom flinch every time made her want to laugh, Bom was probably imagining something worse. As she was about to finish her salad, she took her fork and dragged it out of the edge of her lips letting some dressing spill over her lips. “Hey babe how’s your day so far,” Minzy cut into his conversation to have him look her way. He smiled seeing the dressing on her face and reached for a napkin and wiped it off. She faked a giggle of innocence as she smiled up at him, “Thank you.” She then moved in and kissed his lips sweetly before batting her eyes at him. She hated acting like this, but that was the way to fight this battle at the moment.

He grinned at her as she pulled away, “You’re welcome.” She grinned back before glancing over to Bom to see her reaction and she got exactly what she was hoping for. Bom sat biting down on her lip as her eyes began to water. Minzy shrugged her shoulders as if she didn’t care when Seunghyun turned to continue talking with Bom.

The two went back to their boring conversation of their class project as Minzy’s eyes wandered the campus around her. As she glanced back to the two who were laughing at something that wasn’t funny at all, she noticed Seunghyun’s hand was dangerously close to Bom’s. She glared at their hands as the thoughts of their accidental kiss the other day. She had yet to punish him for doing that, but then again she blamed herself for not speaking out sooner. This time she was going to prevent any accidental crap that could happen between the two as she s her hand up and intertwined her fingers with his. Doing so, she lightly brought it back towards her as she leaned her head onto his shoulder. She sat glaring at Bom the entire time feeling annoyed that this girl was so stupid for not getting the hint that Seunghyun was taken and off limits.

As lunch came to an end Minzy walked on one side of Seunghyun as Bom walked on the other. She hated how this stupid girl basically took up her whole lunch time with him and even dared to walk with them. She sighed feeling agitated and stopped, “Hey Seunghyun?”

“Hmm,” he stopped to look at her.

“Can you walk me to class,” she asked sweetly when in reality she wanted to scream at him for being so stupid for letting that girl tag along.

“Uh, sure,” he smiled as he turned to look at Bom.

“I’ll just see you in class,” Bom quickly said before scurrying off.  

Minzy watched as he sighed and reached up to scratch the back of his head. Taking action, Minzy reached for his hand and lightly tugged it so she could link her arm onto his, “Let’s go.”

He nodded as the pair headed towards her class. The walk was quiet between them, neither one not knowing what to say to each other. Even if they had their arms linked together, they felt so distant between each other. Minzy couldn’t help to think how crazy it was that their almost six year relationship was falling apart in a couple of days. She paused as she gazed up at him. He was closest to breaking through her rough exterior, but these couple of days seemed to help her build back up the wall to shut people out. It wasn’t that she wanted to keep people away from who she really was, her life experiences taught her that you couldn’t just trust anyone, not even your own flesh and blood.

“What’s wrong,” Seunghyun asked as he brought her out of her thoughts. Minzy gazed up into his smiling face and tip toed up to press her lips against his. She was surprised how nice his lips felt against hers. Kissing him softly, she felt him work his lips just as gently. The kiss was sweet and gentle, something she hadn't had in what felt like forever. The feelings soon triggered the memories of when they started to date. The good, the bad, the ugly, all of it, flashed in her mind and how over the years their relationship had become nothing but physical. "Minzy," his voice echoed in her mind, pulling her out of her thoughts. She looked up at him as he grinned down at her reaching for her cheek. Mirroring his grin, she couldn't quite understand what he was doing until she saw his finger tips being moistened by some kind of liquid. Was she crying? Reaching up to her face, sure enough, she was crying. Looking at the glistening moisture on her hand more tears fell, blurring her vision. "Babe are you okay?"

This tugged at her heart as she glared up at him with her tear filled eyes, "Do I look okay to you?!"

"I..." he was tongue tied, not knowing what to say. He couldn't remember the last time he'd seen her cry.

Minzy sighed and shook her head as she turned to leave. In all reality all she needed was his strong arms wrapped around her, but he couldn't even do that. She didn't need him to state the obvious. How was it that he was quick to wrap his arms around Bom and even take her in his arms when she was crying? Was it because Bom was seriously injured? Minzy shook her head as she walked out to her car, it didn't matter the circumstances. The one fact was, Seunghyun had become so occupied with protecting Bom that he no longer was there to protect her.

 

Minzy turned up her music loud enough to feel the vibrations of the bass shaking her seat before driving off. She aimlessly drove around to try and clear her head and most importantly to get herself from stop crying. She hated the fact that she had cried in front of him. Crying signified weakness and that thought started to piss her off. "How can I cry over a ing guy," she shook her head as she continued to weave in and out of the lanes. She didn't care that she basically skipped the rest of school that day. The fact that she had shed tears at school made her pissed. She never cried and yet Seunghyun got her to.

 

Being a little earlier than expected at Zelo's school, she sat quietly listening to the random music playing on the radio. But it didn't take long, before she heard the door being opened to see Zelo hopping in with huge smile on his face. "Hey Minzy!"

"Hey Zelo, did you wanna go out to get some ice cream?"

"YEAH! I love ice cream," he cheered causing Minzy to laugh.

"So do I!"

 

Minzy laughed at her brother who started to sing to his ice cream sundae, "You are so beautiful to me..."

"Stop, people are probably staring," Minzy chuckled as she nudged him to stop.

"Who cares! I love ice cream and I want the ice cream to know how much I love it," he sang.

"Zelo you're too funny," she smiled as she watched him devour his ice cream.

Zelo smiled as he finished up the last of it before looking over to Minzy, "Now tell me what's wrong."

"Huh?"

He nodded as he looked to her sundae that was barely touched, "I know you, you always take me out to get ice cream when there's something wrong. Now tell me what's wrong."

Minzy bit down at her lower lip as she pushed her sundae towards her brother, "Here eat this, I'm not hungry."

He sighed as he pushed it aside and reached over to pull her into a tight hug, "Minzy I love you more than I love ice cream."

She chuckled as a few tears escaped onto his chest, "You better!"

 

Minzy was quiet and talked here and there to get Hyuna and Fei off of her back the next day. Though she was physically at school her mind was else where. She sighed as she made her way to her car. She was able to make it through two classes but making the last class before lunch was too overwhelming. She drove around, getting some gas to help her stall before heading back to school. By the time she was back in the school parking lot she had convinced herself to not show Seunghyun her weak side again. He had to deserve to be someone worth crying for and lately he had been showing that he deserved to be kicked in the balls. She chuckled at the thought, thinking that wasn't such a bad idea as she walked back into school.

"Minzy," she turned to see Hyuna and Fei rushing up to her.

"Where did you go," Fei rose an eyebrow at her.

"Don't worry about it," Minzy shrugged it off as she continued to walk through the halls with her shades on. Her eyes were somewhat sensitive from the crying and she didn't want people to see her eyes tearing up.

"Well you came back right on time," Hyuna brushed it off as they both took their places on either sides of her.

"Yeah we're going to break that ," Fei smirked over at Hyuna.

"Oh really," Minzy sighed feeling somewhat tired from crying.

Hyuna nudged Minzy on the shoulder seeing that she wasn't her usual bad self, "C'mon girl, we got Seunghyun stuck in his last class doing some assignments all during lunch."

"Thanks to me,' Fei spoke proudly.

Hyuna giggled as she high fived Fei, "Girl you should try to seduce teachers more often."

Minzy shook her head not wanting to hear details, but then again she was grateful that she wasn't going to be seeing Seunghyun. She wasn't ready to see him just yet with her emotions still on the verge to come out again. Before Minzy knew it, they had made their way outside where everyone was eating. Fei caught hold of Minzy's wrist to stay her as she smirked, "Wait.' Minzy nodded as she glanced around to see Bom walk out with her tray and sit at a table all alone. Within a spilt second her attitude was flipped upside down as anger soon over rode her body as she wanted nothing more than to beat the out of Bom.

"Stay cool," Hyuna whispered to Minzy when she didn't realize that she was being restrained by the girls as she stood clenching her fists.

Fei winked over at a near by boy before blowing him a kiss to see him blush. Minzy inwardly rolled her eyes as she watched him nod his head and nudge the person next to him. Before she knew it, it seemed like everyone, besides Bom, were all staring at the three as if waiting for their cue. "You ready to get this party started?" Hyuna nodded and the nearest girl to Bom grabbed a handful of her food and tossed it in front of Bom's tray. Bom looked up somewhat confused to see the girl shrug her shoulders as she turned back around. Minzy watched quietly as Bom shook it off and continued to eat when someone else grabbed a handful of their food and chucked it over to Bom to barely miss her face. There were a couple of chuckles as everyone got up and began to circle around her with their trays of food. Meanwhile Minzy was guided by Hyuna and Fei to be the head of the circle before they let everyone throw their food at Bom. As Minzy stood in place, she could hear various rude comments such as nerd and no one wants you here and she couldn't agree more. If anyone didn't want Bom at the school, it was Minzy. But what really made her sick to her stomach was the fact that Bom sat there taking every harsh comment and food being thrown at her. Was she that stupid to not get up and leave or even better try and fight back Minzy thoughts led to back to her mother. Standing still, she watched as Bom kept her head down as one of her classmates stepped forward and dumped her whole tray of food on top of Bom's head. This caused everyone in the circle to laugh as Fei nudged Minzy forward.

Minzy sighed, seeing that Hyuna and Fei were behind this whole mess, yet she had to be the one to finish this off. The crowd backed up a little allowing Minzy to walk to the other side of the table of Bom. Staring down at the pathetic girl, she couldn't understand what exactly Seunghyun saw in her. Grabbing a near by napkin, she tossed it towards Bom's direction, "You should watch what you eat. It's kinda showing."

Everyone was laughing at Minzy's smart remark, but Bom stood up hushing the crowd. Minzy stood her ground as she saw the helpless girl clenching her fists> Clenching and unclenching, it seemed as if Bom was debating on jumping over the table to attack her. But the food sticking out of the side, of Bom's clear hockey mask made Minzy want to burst into laughter. Settling for a smirk, she awaited Bom's move. Minzy could see the tears threatening to leave Bom's eyes as she finally looked up to meet her gaze. Her eyes were filled with hurt and pain, as if pleading for Minzy to save her. The look in her eyes made Minzy think of the look her mother would always give her after a nightly beating. It made her stomach tighten as she glanced away, she was in no way going to save this girl who was basically cheating with her man.

"Get out of here already," Hyuna stepped forward and pushed at Bom.

"Yeah leave, no one wants you here," another person shouted out from the crowd.

Minzy watched Bom nod as she pushed her way out of the crowd and ran crying. She shook her head and watched as Bom ran into the school and towards the girl's locker room. "C'mon Minzy let's go finish this off," Fei said as she tugged on her arm.

Minzy was impressed that Hyuna and Fei still had more in store for her as they made their way into the locker room. She paused as she heard Hyuna lock the door behind them and watched as the two nodded and high fived quietly as they heard the shower on. The three quietly made their way towards the showers to hear a faint sob. It was no surprise that it was Bom who was crying. Minzy stood and watched as Hyuna tip toed over and picked up Bom's clothing and shoes before tip toeing back to hand them over to Minzy. Minzy shook her head not wanting to dirty her hands, as Hyuna nodded and handed the items to Fei as they made their way out.

"Alright," Hyuna and Fei high fived each other. 

Minzy shrugged it off, knowing that Bom could probably find clothing in the lost and found bin. "Minzy I know what you're thinking, we already thought of it..."

Hyuna smirked, "We tossed out all the lost and found clothing."

"And..." Fei looked to Hyuna to finish her sentence.

Hyuna continued to hold the smug look on her face as she pulled out green koolaid packets, "We'll see how well she'll be able to pull this off."

"Hey ladies," a voice called from behind. They turned to see Seunghyun walking up to them.

"Seunghyun what are you doing here," Fei gasped as she and Hyuna hid the items behind their backs.

He grinned as he shrugged, "It's lunch time."

"Well we thought you were going to be doing assignments all lunch period," Hyuna said.

He nodded, "So did I, but with a lot of pressuring I finally got my teacher to let me go." He then looked to Minzy wondering why she had walked away from him the other day. 

Minzy could read his eyes and sighed, "Seunghyun I..."

A loud scream rang out as Bom burst threw the girl's locker room door with the shower curtain wrapped around her. "Oh my god," Fei laughed seeing that Bom was a glowing green.

"Where the hell are my clothes," Bom shouted as she walked up to Minzy.

Minzy rolled her eyes as a crowd was forming around them with people laughing and taking photos of Bom. "Alien," someone called out making everyone laugh harder and causing Minzy to chuckle.

"What are you laughing at," Bom growled as she pushed at Minzy's shoulder.

"You," Minzy pushed back.

Seunghyun stepped in the middle of the two as he looked to Bom, "What's going on? Why are you..."

"Why don't you ask her," Bom accusingly pointed over at Minzy. 

"Okay just calm down," Seunghyun put his hands up.

But Bom shook her head as she pushed him out of the way, "Give me my ing clothes!"

"Minzy did you do this," Seunghyun stepped next to Bom. Minzy didn't say anything as she watched him wrap an arm around Bom's shoulders. Though Bom was trying to push him away, he was persistant in sheltering her and holding her close to him.

Minzy turned and grabbed the items out of Hyuna and Fei's hands as she looked back to the pair. She tossed the empty packets in front of Bom, "It's only koolaid it'll come off eventually." She then tossed the clothing right at Bom's face, "And there's your ing clothes you were whining about." She then stepped forward and pushed Bom out of Seunghyun's embrace and watched her fall flat on her back. Stepping over her she glared down, "You know it's pretty pathetic that you always have to be saved by my boyfriend." She turned quickly to glance at Seunghyun who was walking up to her to pull her away from Bom, "Here take this peice of and get her cleaned up. Isn't that what you always end up doing?" Seunghyun glared at Minzy and she did the same before she walked away to her next class.  

 

 Minzy was in her own world for the rest of the day. She didn't say much to Fei and Hyuna, but continued her day with them by her side and before she knew it the day had blurred right by. She figured that Seunghyun had taken Bom home, since she didn't see him after the incident at lunch.

 

Sighing for what felt like the hundereth time as she laid in bed that night. All she could think of was how there was nothing but pain and hurt when it came to Seunghyun. Though everything in her right mind told her to give up and move on, some illogical reasoning told her other wise. She couldn't explain it, but something deep down wanted her to hang on just for a little bit and maybe, just maybe the odds would change in her favor.