29.

Strong Willed

The semester had come and gone. Minzy was grateful that she stayed busy with school and taking care of her father. Even more grateful that she had spent what little spare time she had helping out at Grandma's cafe. She felt great about everything, except for the sad gazes she got a few times from Seunghyun. Luckily they were always brief moments, but the lasting impressions always had her shivering with guilt. She couldn't understand why her heart longed to comfort him, but Bom and Fei were great reminders to not do so. But no matter how much they tried to bring her down, she was always quick to lash back at their cattyness. 

Smirking to herself, she frowned seeing the lovey dovey couple. Trying to avoid them, she wasn't as quick as Hyuna was by her side. "Minzy I'm telling you this guy is the one," Hyuna pleaded with puppy dog eyes. Hyuna was the only good friend she had at school, but even then she was a little overwhelming for Minzy's taste. When Hyuna found out of Minzy cutting ties with Seunghyun she took it upon herself to find his replacement. Though Minzy had told Hyuna time and time again that she didn't want a guy in her life, Hyuna along with her boyfriend Mino felt otherwise. 

Rolling her eyes, Minzy wanted nothing more than to celebrate finishing her last exam for the semester but instead she was listening to Hyuna harp on about dating, "Can we not talk about guys?!" Minzy knew her friend's heart was in the right place, but hers wasn't. She wasn't ready, in fact she was far from it. After breaking things off with Seunghyun she never really had time to heal or reflect.

", are you a lesbian," Hyuna gasped as she stared in awe at her friend. " if I knew..." 

"Shut your mouth," Minzy wacked her friend on the arm. "I'm forever about the Dee!" 

Hyuna let out a sigh a relief as she smiled, "I'm glad. I was starting to worry." 

" girl, I have enough to worry about in my life. I don't have time..." 

" school is out. You now have time to at least go out on one date." Linking arms, Hyuna tried to sell her next blind date in mind, "So there's this guy. He's actually a really good friend of Mino's. And there's a funny story behind this because..." 

"Hyuna please, I don't want to," Minzy groaned. "Can we just go out and drink the night away? You and me, no one else. Just like the old times," Minzy pleaded. 

"Well...I haven't been out unless it's with Mino as of lately..." 

"Chicks before ," Minzy pouted seeing Hyuna weighing out her options. "C'mon you sound like an old married woman," Minzy stuck her tongue out to . 

"An old married happy woman,"Hyuna shrugged it off. "Fine." 

"Yes, ," Minzy cheered as she squeezed Hyuna's arm tight. "Let's go shopping!" 

"Let's do it," Hyuna cheered along as they raced to the car. 

 

Minzy threw back shot after shot, as she swayed her hips to the music. Glancing back, she hissed out of annoyance when she spotted Mino wrapping his arms around Hyuna's waist. "What a ," she shook her head and took a seat at the bar. 

"Did you save me some alcohol," Teddy called over as he took the seat next to her. 

She laughed as she downed another shot and knocked on the counter to have another sent her way, "You snooze you lose." 

"I guess," he chuckled as he caught her shot and downed it. 

"Not cool man," she shook her head and laughed as she knocked on the counter to get another one. This time reaching around Teddy to grab it before he did. 

"So greedy," he teased. 

Shrugging, she nodded, "Don't mess with my alcohol." 

"Got it," he smiled as he ordered a drink. "What are you doing here all alone?"

"Usually I do come to drink alone, but tonight I came with a friend who so happened to have her boyfriend show up," she explained. 

Accepting his drink, he frowned, "Must to be the third wheel." 

Punching his arm, she scoffed, "It's not like that. I'm happy for them. While I'm happy to drink." 

"Cheers to that," Teddy lifted his drink before taking a big gulp. 

 

Before Minzy knew it, she and Teddy had drank the night away in each other's company. They had laughed and talked about random things until the bar tender made the last call for drinks. " I better get going," Minzy looked around to see that Hyuna and Mino had disappeared. "What a ?" 

"Who," Teddy asked as he pointed to himself as if she was referring to him. 

She laughed and shook her head, "No, not you. My friend left me." 

"Would you like me to take you home," he asked as he rose from his seat. 

Shaking her head, she didn't want to trouble him, "It's fine. I can call a cab." 

"Are you afraid of my driving skills," he eyed her. 

"No, well maybe. You did drink a lot," she nodded towards the empty glasses. 

"I can hold my own," he said in his defense. "I promise." 

"How about you let me drive," she offered as she held out her hand. 

He looked at her in disbelief, "You drank more than me." 

"I can promise you that my veins are filled with alcohol. It's no biggie," she said as she took his keys and moved towards the exit. 

"Well if this is the only way," Teddy shrugged as he followed suit. He lazily moved into the passenger seat and closed the door to his truck. 

Meanwhile Minzy was quick to hop in the driver's seat, ready to drive his truck. She had never driven one, but she figured it was all the same, "Alright let's go." 

Parking the truck in front of her house, she looked to see Teddy fast asleep. Smiling at how boyish his face seemed at resting state, she reached over to poke his cheek. Seeing as he didn't stir, she poked his cheek once more to get nothing. Sighing, she walked into her house to retrive a blanket and pillow. Opening the driver's side, she placed the pillow onto the seat as she tugged on his shirt to make him fall onto the pillow. Draping the blanket as best she could over him she made her way back into the house. She didn't notice it at first but when she walked back into the house to saw her father's light on. Finding it odd that the light was on so late in the night, she made her way into the room to find Zelo craddling their father's head in his lap as he cried. Meeting his gaze, everything hit her like a brick wall as she fell to her knees. 

"He knew it was coming, but he told me not to call you. He didn't want to bother you," Zelo cried harder. The tears came like a storm as she held herself. "He said that he didn't want you to see him leave like this." Nodding to herself, she knew that was something her father would say. But even so, she couldn't help but cry harder. 

Startled by the warm embrace, she was surprised to see Teddy help her up onto her feet. Letting her use him as a support, she shakily made her way to see her lifeless father. Trembling her knees buckled by the bed side, crumbling over her father's body she held him tightly sobbing into his cold hard chest. "I love you dad." 

 

The days that followed were a blur. Minzy had a hard time holding it together. It didn't help that everyone treated her as some fragile piece of glass ready to shatter at any second. Even if it was hard and she was in fact fragile to the touch, she found comfort in Zelo and Teddy. They helped her stay grounded through all the chaos in preparing for the funeral.

 

Feeling the rays of the sun kiss her skin, she looked to see the clear blue skies being lit by the big bright sun. Shivering at the thought of warmth, she felt the opposite with where she was standing. Closing her eyes as she heard a soft hum followed by slow clicks. She hadn't realized she was trembling until she felt the warmth of a hand taking her own. Gazing over to Zelo who held a sad smile on his face. She was grateful he was holding it together more than she could. Hearing the sound of a hard thunk on the ground she looked to see her father's casket sitting in its grave. Feeling her brother squeeze her hand as if reassuring her, she was glad he did so. Zelo had become the anchor that held her in place from floating away.

"I'm sorry for your loss," various people said to the siblings as they stood at the burial site. 

Nodding, Minzy leaned her head onto her brother's shoulder as she kept her eyes on the dark stained casket. "Minzy dear," a familiar voice called out to her. Gazing over to Mrs. Choi, she gave her a sad smile as she embraced her. "Strong girls are allowed to cry dear. So you cry." 

Chuckling as the tears fell, Minzy nodded, "Thank you." 

"Sorry for your loss," Seunghyun stepped forward with a white rose. 

"Thanks," she said as she accepted the rose. 

Watching as they walked away, Minzy didn't see the next pair approaching her, "Sorry for your loss." 

"Mr. Park, thank you for coming," Minzy nodded as she did her best to ignore the young woman next to him. 

"How are you holding up," he asked with deep concern. 

"I've had better days," she grinned. 

"I understand. Please know that if there's anything you need. Just reach out," he said with a small smile. 

"You've done more than enough. Thank you Mr. Park. My brother and I sincerely thank you for taking care of my father's care and funeral as well as letting Teddy assist us," Minzy said with gratitude. 

"I can't take all the credit. Teddy was the one who took it upon himself to take your family under his wing," Mr. Park said as he nodded towards Teddy's direction. The group stood watching Teddy giving directions to a visitor. "He's a good man." "

"He his," Minzy grinned as she felt gratitude for Teddy.

"I must have you and your brother over for dinner soon. We need to make up for the last one and I would like you to meet the new Mrs. Park," Mr. Park smiled.  

"She's pretty amazing," Bom finally spoke up. 

"That she is," Mr. Park said proudly. "Maybe some time during your break you and your brother should come by," he insisted. 

"Gladly," Minzy tried her best to hold strong as the two left. Exhaling deeply, she was grateful that Bom didn't test her today. 

When everyone had filtered back into their cars, Zelo had walked back to the truck with Teddy to give Minzy some space. Grateful to be left alone, she clutched tightly to the white rose in her hand. She couldn't remember where she had learned it from, but she knew that a white rose represented that of remembrance. Bringing the rose towards her face, she inhaled the soft fragrance and kissed the soft petal and tossed it into the grave. Watching as it hit the top of the casket, she turned and walked away with a heavy heart. 

 

After everything was said and done, Minzy and Zelo collapsed onto the living room couch. It had been a long and eventful day. "I think the reading of your father's will is in a few days," Teddy said as he took a seat across from them. 

"Good," Minzy breathed as she laid her head upon her brother's shoulder. "I need a break from all of this." 

"You barely did anything," Zelo teased as he pinched her side. 

"Don't be a jerk," Teddy chuckled as he watched Minzy wack Zelo's hand away. 

"Yeah, don't you know I'm fragile," she teased knowing very well she was but she wanted to make light of it. 

Nodding in understanding, Zelo turned to wrap his arms around his older sister, "Don't worry I plan on buying a lot of bubble wrap. I'll make sure I'll buy some for you too." 

"," Minzy breathed into her brother's chest with a laugh. "And get some duck tape to put over your mouth." 

The three of them laughed the rest of the night talking about the various encounters that happened that day. 

 

Minzy was grateful to have the whole house to herself. Laying on the couch with one of her father's bottles of hard liquor, she sipped on it as music blasting. Humming to the tune that was playing, she drank a little more before carrying the bottle towards her father's room. Flipping on the light, she walked into the closet and frowned seeing that her mother's side of the closest stayed untouched. Taking a swig of the alcohol straight from the bottle, she reached out and yanked down a blouse. Hearing the hanger snap as the blouse dropped to the floor, it was freeing as she continued to pull off more of her mother's clothing and tossing it on the ground. 

Laying on the ground with an empty bottle of hard liquor, Minzy felt accomplished for finishing up her parent's room. Gazing over at the various black trash bags with a smirk, it was the boxes right next the bags that had given her a hard time. She had cried and carefully packed all of her father's belongings into the boxes. Sometimes laughing and crying with her mixed emotions of her past history with him. If anyone had walked in on her they'd probably think she was crazy, but she could careless. Closing her eyes as she tried to keep the tears from falling again, she was tired of crying for the day. Hissing at the tears that escaped, she pushed herself up and on her feet to find more alcohol. 

"Holy ," she gasped as she jumped back at Teddy's sudden appearance. "Don't do that!" 

"Sorry," Teddy put his hands up and gave her an apologetic smile. "I just came to see how the cleaning was going," he said as he eyed the empty bottle in her hand. 

She laughed as she tucked the bottle behind her back, "It's going great. Thanks for checking up on me." 

"Did you need any help," he gave her a questioning look. 

"Actually I do," she nodded and waved for him to follow her. Walking into her parents room she pointed over to the bags and boxes, "Will you take these to donations?" 

"Sure," he said as he grabbed a couple of boxes and stacked them before walking out. 

Following suit, Minzy grabbed some of the bags, "Thank you." 

After loading the items, Minzy invited him back in, "Come grab a bottle of liquor to take with you. I only have the strong stuff because that's what my dad drank." 

"I have no problems with that," Teddy said in awe at the big collection. "Your father has great taste." 

"It does the job," she shrugged as she took a seat on the couch. Watching as Teddy took a seat across from her, she couldn't help to realize it had been a while since she had been alone with him. "Teddy?" 

"Hmm," he hummed as he popped open his bottle of alcohol to get a wiff. 

Laughing at the face he made, she sighed with a small smile, "Thank you for everything." 

"Don't mention it," he waved it off as it was nothing. 

"I honestly don't think Zelo and I could ever repay you for what you've done for us," she said full of gratitude. 

"All I ask is that you don't become a stranger," he smiled. 

"Even if we do become strangers, just know I will forever be indebted to you," she sweetly smiled at him. 

"What are your plans for the future? You sound like you're moving away or something," he teased. 

She shrugged as if it wasn't a bad idea, "I'm hoping to get this house cleared out by the time the will has to be read. After which my plans are to move back to the studio above Grandma's cafe where I can work and continue school." 

"So are you saying I can't come see you and Zelo anymore," he eyed her suspiciously. 

"No silly, I'm saying if you get too busy with work I understand. It's part of life, people get busy," she chuckled. 

Teddy frowned as he thought it wasn't as funny as she made it out to seem, "What is life if it's too busy for people that are important to you?" 

Scoffing at his question she shook her head and laughed, "Alright Shakespear of our time." 

"I'm serious," he said with a straight face before giggling and causing them both to let out a loud laughter. 

 

 

The next two days of packing the house was a lot more smoother without the alcohol, especially since Zelo had helped. "Let's get the last of it packed into the car," Minzy instructed as she placed a box full of her clothing into her trunk.

"I got it," Zelo said as he quickly rushed out with three boxes stacked and blocking his view.

Minzy shrieked as she jumped out of the way, "Zelo!" 

"It's fine," he breathed as he placed the bottom box into the trunk. 

Rolling her eyes, she closed the trunk and hopped onto it. Sighing as she stared at their now emptied home, she couldn't believe this chapter of her life was over. "Where are we gonna go eat? Should we invite Teddy to come out with us?" 

Shaking her head as she hopped off the trunk, she made her way to the drive's seat and the car, "Don't bother him. You know he is busy with work."

"True," Zelo frowned as he took out his phone and started to text away. 

"Who are you texting," she eyed him suspiciously when he got in the car and continued to text on his phone away from her view. 

Smiling Zelo waved his phone at her, "Teddy said he'll come to dinner with us." 

"Zelo," Minzy groaned as she drove off. "You can't do that to people." 

"Do what? You act like Teddy hasn't been hanging out with us the past year," he scoffed as he continued to text. 

"I'm just saying. We can't keep bugging Teddy whenever we want. It's not right. He'll probably get more behind in work then he already is," she frowned. 

"Teddy said that maybe if you came back to work for him a few hours a week he'd be on track and that we don't bug him at all," Zelo said as he read the text. 

Minzy hissed at her brother who had literally text Teddy word for word what she was saying, "Zelo stop that! Don't text him what I'm telling you. This is a conversation between us two..." She paused as she glanced over to see Zelo texting.

"Chill out, I'm not texting Teddy right now," Zelo said as he continued to focus on his text. 

Taking a quick glance at Zelo, she didn't believe him, "Then who are you texting?"

"No one," Zelo said as he text a few more words and stuffed his phone into his pocket. 

Sighing out of frustration, she had never felt this irritated with her brother before, "I'm not an idiot. I already told you..." 

"And I told you that it wasn't Teddy I was texting. Trust me," Zelo gave her a stern look before turning to look out the window. 

"Then will you please tell me who you're texting so I'm not paranoid," she sighed as she tried to stay focused on the road. 

"I...was texting Seunghyun," he admitted. 

"How is he doing," she asked plainly not wanting to be offended that he couldn't just admit to it in the first place. 

"Umm...he's okay. He was just inviting me to something is all," Zelo tried to make it sound as if it was nothing. 

Shrugging off her brother's pretending, she tried not to sound interested, "Did he invite you to dinner?" 

"Something like that," Zelo spoke vaguely. 

Irritated was an understatement as she almost missed her turn, "Well I hope you have fun." 

"We're both invited," Zelo clarified. 

"Not interested," she sighed. 

"That's good, because it would have been awkward," he breathed out a sigh of relief. 

"You're so annoying," she decked her brother on the arm causing him to laugh. 

"The dinner is tomorrow night at some restaurant, don't worry I'll order enough to bring you some," he teased earning another punch to the arm. "Will you focus on the road? You're going to kill us both with your distracted driving." Chuckling at her responsible younger brother, she nodded as she did her best to stay focused on the road. 

 

Minzy sighed as she placed the last of the items onto the kitchen table. Disappointed in her efforts for dinner, she couldn't bring herself to cook a meal from scratch. She knew deep down she should of with Teddy coming over, she just couldn't. Frowning as she placed the noodles into the water on the portable burner, she hoped it would be enough. "It looks good," Zelo said with a big smile at the various items filling up the table to place into the noodles. Suddenly the door bell rang, causing Zelo to spring to his feet. "I'll get it." 

As Zelo disappeared down the hall, Minzy took a seat and turned up the heat on the burner, before placing a lid on top of the pot to make the water boil faster. "Hey Minzy, I brought the dessert from Grandma's cafe," Teddy greeted her as he placed the bag of baked goods onto the counter. "Wow this looks like it's going to be good," he smiled as he took a seat with Zelo following right behind. 

"Thanks for bringing the dessert. I hope you don't mind having noodles," she gave him an apologetic smile. 

Taking the lid off the pot, he grabbed a pair of chopsticks and began to mix the noodles, "I don't mind at all. You can't ever go wrong with noodles." 

"So true," Zelo added. 

The noodles were quick to boil, this had Zelo and Teddy singing praises. This made Minzy chuckle as the two started to inhale anything within their reach. Watching the two was very endearing. "Did you want some," Teddy offered with noodles wrapped onto his chopsticks. 

Shaking her head, she waved for them to continue, "Go ahead I'm not really hungry." Shrugging, he stuffed the chopsticks in his mouth consuming the noodles whole. Clutching her stomach, she honestly didn't have an appetite. She couldn't stomach anything outside of alcohol, which meant that the buzz hit her sooner than later. The thought of her possibly being a serious alcoholic was something she wanted to keep to herself as she sat quietly watching Zelo and Teddy eat away. Though she had to argue in her mind that if anything it was her way of coping. Her way of finding her way. 

"Minzy...Minzy..." Teddy called her name, bringing her out of her thoughts. A soft hum escaped her lips as she turned to look at him, "Thanks for inviting me. As much as I like having take out, home cooked meals are far better." 

"It's only noodles," she shrugged. "And I'm sorry that about that text my brother sent you earlier. I hope you don't misunderstand. I was just trying to make sure he wasn't bothering you. You've helped up so much, I just don't want to be a burden." 

Teddy reached out and placed a hand upon hers, "I knew what you meant and you will never be a bother or a burden to me. I care deeply for you both." Minzy could see the sincerity in his eyes, they showed that he meant every word. Feeling him squeeze her hand gently, she watched as he turned to look between her and Zelo. "You guys are like the family I never had." 

The thought of family sparked curiosity in her, now that she thought of it he had never mentioned anything about his family. He had mentioned a dead lover, but other than that everyone else in his life was a mystery. "Tell us about your family," she found herself saying as she looked from where their hands stayed connected back towards his eyes. 

"Well...how should I put this, my family is far from ordeal. It's by far the opposite definition of what a family should be. I left home right after high school. Never looking back and never having the intention to go back," he said with a hint of sadness in his voice. 

Thinking on his words, she felt a familiar ring to it, "What family is ordeal? Speaking for myself, my relationship with my parents was rough. Zelo and I only talked about our mothering leaving us once after that, we've had this mutual understanding to not talk about it. As for my father..." Her voice broke as her gaze dropped, "I never dreamt in a million years that I would be saying this, but I'm glad I came back home. In the few weeks we had with our father I was able to see a different side to him. I got to have a real conversation with him." Thinking on the past few weeks she smiled to herself, "It was in the small moments like watching television together and randomly babbling on about whatever was on that I was able to learn to love my father." She didn't realize the tears that were falling until Teddy handed her a napkin. Graciously taking it, she was comforted by the fact that Teddy still held her hand. Closing her eyes, she inhaled deeply as she enjoyed the soothing circles Teddy rubbed with the pad of his thumb onto the top of her hand. 

"Maybe one day I'll be able to have the strength you had to come home one day," he softly spoke. 

"It's not like I had a choice," she scoffed. 

Sighing, he gazed at her with an intensity that had her stomach doing flips, "You always have a choice." 

His words tingled down her spine as she broke away from that odd gaze he held as he looked at her, "I guess that's true." It was in that moment that she retreated her hand from his grasp and pulling it under the table. She couldn't understand why her hand felt like it was pulsing, but she couldn't make a big deal about it since she could still feel Teddy's eyes on her. "I don't feel well. Sorry for being impolite, but I'm going to excuse myself." As rude as it was for her to divert eye contact, she quickly escaped and slipped into the bathroom. Locking the door, she the facet and glared at her reflection. "Pull yourself together," she said through gritted teeth while placing her pulsing hand under the cool water.   

 

Minzy pulled up to a fancy restaurant, it was some kind of up classy European looking restaurant that had her feeling somewhat curious. "Alright I'll see you later? I think Seunghyun can bring me home." 

"You think or you know," she eyed Zelo suspiciously.

He shrugged as if it was nothing, "I have a feeling that I know he will give me a ride home."

"Zelo," she groaned. "Will you please go and ask him and then text me if he can or not so I can plan accordingly." 

"Fine," he huffed as he jumped out the car. "If you insist." 

"I insist," she called after him as he made his way into the restaurant. Turning her car stereo up louder, she sighed as she pulled out her phone to see the reminder set for her father's will reading in the morning. Suddenly there was a tap on the passenger window, startling her a bit to see it was none other than Seunhyun waving at her. Reluctantly rolling her window down, she gave him a small smile, "Hey..." 

"My parents would like you to come and join us,"  Seunghyun said with an apologetic smile. 

"Umm...I'm kind of busy..." 

"My mother has already got a seat open next to her," he sighed in understanding. "But if you have to go I understand." 

"I don't," she admitted as she looked away. She knew his parents, mainly his mother would make a scene if she didn't come in. But with how she was closing her chapter with Seunghyun, it would only make things harder. 

"Minzy dear, come along," Mrs. Choi called as she pushed past her son. "I've got your place set next to mine," she waved for her to get out. 

"Uh...let me go and park..."

"Seunghyun can do that dear," she nodded over to her son who quickly moved around to open her door. "Come on," Mrs. Choi waved for her to come over and take her arm. 

Sighing as she got out the car, she whispered a soft apology to which he did the same. Both giving a knowing smile to one another as she moved to take his mother's arm and he drove off. "Sorry to keep you waiting." 

"I had a feeling you were going to try and leave," Mrs. Choi said as she chuckled.

"You know me well," Minzy said as they made their way into the restaurant.  

Zelo seemed too involved with the appetizers and talking with Mr. Choi to acknowledge their presence as Minzy took a seat next to Mrs. Choi. "Good evening Minzy, I'm glad you could make it tonight," Mr. Choi nodded towards her. 

"Thanks," she slightly bowed. "Zelo and I are so grateful that you guys invited us out to dinner." 

"Actually darling it was Seunghyun. We have no idea why he wanted us to gather here tonight," Mrs. Choi said intrigued with this sudden get together. 

"Yes off of my expense," Mr. Choi teased. 

"Sorry Mr. Choi," Zelo quickly pulled his hand back to stop eating. 

This caused Mrs. Choi to give her husband a scolding look as Mr. Choi laughed, "Eat up, you're a growing young man. You need all the food you can get to be a strong man."

Everyone began laughing as Zelo started consuming most of the appetizers right away. The mood was lighter with Zelo, at least it was for Minzy as she stared lovingly at her brother who had his face full of food. It was short lived when Seunghyun entered. Each of them had their eyes set on him, wondering why they all were meeting there. "Umm...so I just wanted to thank you all for coming," Seunghyun started out as he gazed over to Minzy. His gaze was a little too strong for her liking as she looked away. Coughing to clear his throat, he continued, "I wanted to first tell everyone here that I love each and everyone of you. It is because of this love I have for each and everyone of you that I asked you all here today." He went quiet as if trying to figure out how to say what was on his mind. This made Minzy feel anxious as she shifted her gaze back onto him. "There's no easy way of saying this, but I've decided after this upcoming semester is done that I will be fulfilling my duty and enlisting sooner rather than later," he finally confessed. 

"Son," Mr. Choi was the first to react. "What are you thinking?! What about your scholarship?! You can't wait until you graduate?!" 

These were some of the many thoughts that were running through everyone's minds as they awaited his response, "Father I know you don't understand..."

"No you don't understand boy," his father began to raise his voice. "You're giving up everything you worked so hard for!" 

"Honey..." Mrs. Choi became concerned with her husband's rising temper. 

Seunghyun looked his father dead in the eyes and answered, "I no longer want to live out your dream dad. Though there are parts that I hope one day I can see them through, this part of your dream I no longer want for me." 

The built tension had Minzy eyeing her brother along with the exit, "Umm...I'm sorry to interupt, but I think Zelo and I should go. This sounds like a family affair." 

"No please stay," Seunghyun turned to her with pleading eyes. 

"Son you can't force her to stay. She has the right to leave if she so chooses," Mrs. Choi was the one to speak up this time. "I am so tired son, so tired of keeping up with you. Yes I was shamefully willing to follow through with your plan to make her come in, but this...this is asking too much." Turning to look at Minzy, she gave her a loving motherly smile, "Go on dear. Sorry we didn't make it to the dinner portion of tonight." 

"That's fine, as long as Zelo got something to eat I'm good," she grinned as she gave a hug to Mrs. Choi and waved to the fuming Mr. Choi. 

Seunghyun was frantically trying to think of something to say or do to keep them there, "Wait let me walk you out to your car. After all, I was the one who parked it." Minzy couldn't help the situation as she and Zelo followed Seunghyun out. Stopping in their tracks when Seunghyun came to an abrupt halt when they were outside. The siblings looked at each other curiously before Seunghyun turned around. "Zelo do you mind waiting here while Minzy and I go grab the car." 

"I guess..." Zelo shrugged not knowing how to respond.

Inwardly groaning as Seunghyun quickly began to walk away before she could say anything. She folded her arms over her chest and slowly followed him to allow distance. When she spotted her car, she stopped and called after him, "You can head back now. I can see my car." 

"Can you give me a ride back," he asked as he continued to walk until he was at the car. 

"You're not really giving me a choice," she breathed out loud as she slid into her car with him following suit. 

"I just want to thank you," he blurted out. "Thank you for loving me and my family. You've been my support outside of my family all my life. I hope one day I can stand just as strong as you." 

Placing her hands into her lap, she shook her head, "It wasn't hard honestly. I mean, the hardest part was last year but we're past that." 

"See that's one of the reasons I love you. You inspired a change in me that I didn't know was happening until just recently."

"Hey, don't go telling your dad that I'm the reason you're throwing away your scholarship," she scoffed as she the car. 

He chuckled as he nodded, "I won't and even if I did my parents would never put the blame on you." 

"Which is one of the reasons it was never hard to love your parents," she giggled at the memories that flashed in her mind of the countless times that his parents took her side. The pair laughed together as she pulled up to the curb where Zelo stood. "Good luck trying to pursuade your father." 

"Thanks I need all the luck I can get," Seunghyun smiled as he got out to allow Zelo in. "Thanks for coming," Seunghyun waved goodbye as they drove off. 

Zelo hopped in the car and waved goodbye, "He's crazy about you." Minzy shook her head as she chose not to engage in the comment. Driving to a nearby store to grab something for Zelo to eat.