1

Strong Willed

Minzy adjusted her black mini skirt that was accented with a royal blue sleeveless top. She grinned at her hot figure as she pushed her midnight black sweep bangs to do a quick touch up on her makeup. Applying some pink gloss over her lips she pressed her lips together before winking at herself, “Flawless.” With her purse in hand, she walked out calling for her younger brother, “Zelo you better get that moving before I leave you.”

“Could you yell any louder,” her mom mumbled as she stumbled out of her bedroom and into the kitchen.

“Could you wake up and make us breakfast for once? No, I don’t think that’s ever going to happen,” she said coldly before grabbing the keys to the car. “Zelo I’m going to leave you,” she called up the stairs before making her way out.

This was a typical school morning in the Gong residence. To an outsider looking in, many would say that Minzy was being disrespectful. It wouldn't be wrong and in fact Minzy herself would tell you that she didn't have any respect for her mother. But it wasn't always like that, in fact it was complete opposite. It was lost at a very young age, before Minzy was ever in school. She would go through out the day being her mother's shadow and wanting nothing more than to simply be by her mother's side. 

Gazing over at the living room and seeing the empty alcohol bottles, Minzy huffed out of disgust as she placed her black shades onto her face. Making her way out of the house she was forced to call home, she hopped into her car. She hated seeing those empty bottles, it reminded her of the existence of the other person living in the place as the rest of her family. A being that she had grown to hate. Turning up the stereo, she hoped the loud noise would wake her. “Sorry Minzy,” Zelo breathed as he jumped into the passenger’s seat.

Minzy nodded with a smile as she put the car in drive and sped off to his school. Zelo is her younger brother, who was the reason for living in the hell hole called home. He was the bright spot that gave her the hope for what the future could be. His optimism was one of the qualities that she so longed to possess. Drifting into his school parking lot, she stopped to let her brother out. “Uh where do you think you’re going,” she said as she tipped her glasses forward as he tried to get out.

He chuckled as he nodded, “Oh sorry.” Bending back into the car he kissed her on the cheek, “Bye Minzy.” 

“Bye sweetie, have a good day alright? Kick some ,” she smiled and waved as she watched him go into his school. She was grateful that he wasn't embarassed by her needy-ness of affection towards him. Sighing as she thought of how grown he was becoming, she quickly shifted her car into gear and drove off, “Here we go Minzy.”

 

Minzy weaved in and out of the lanes, until she made it to her parking space right in front of her high school. Tossing her glasses onto the passenger’s seat, she reached for her purse and headed towards the pair of girls that awaited her.

“Good morning hot stuff,” Hyuna teased making Fei laugh.

“Good morning my ,” Minzy rolled her eyes as Fei and Hyuna took their places on either sides of Minzy. Hyuna and Fei were her best friends. They had been friends since the last few years of elementary up until now. 

As they walked into the building, there were a couple of gasps as everyone moved out of their way to let them pass. This was a daily routine for Minzy and her gang. They were seniors this year and of course taking it upon themselves to be the cream of the crop in the social aspect of their high school. But not everyone seemed to be aware of their popularity as someone with little to no social skills moved right into Minzy's path. Spilling all her belongings at Minzy's feet, the group stopped to watch the young woman fall to her feet in embarassment. Scoffing at the unknown loser, Minzy gave her an up and down look as the loser stood to her feet. The loser wore her hair up in a tight bun, with telescope thick glasses and baggy overalls to go with her baggy white sweater. Minzy coughed a laugh as she watched the pathetic girl  try to rush off and drop her books onto the ground again from being so clumsy and running into someone else. Minzy shook her head at the shameful girl and glanced over to her girls to greet this nerd.

Hyuna gladly walked over to the girl who was picking up her books and kicked them out of her hands. This caused Fei to laugh as Minzy stood with a smug look on her face. “Oops, sorry that was an accident,” Hyuna spoke with an innocent voice.

“Oh it’s okay,” the nerdy girl smiled up at her.

This made Minzy somewhat agitated as she walked up to the girl and glared at her, “You’re such a pathetic little thing. Did you really think that was an accident?” Minzy pushed her heel onto the books in the girl’s hands to make the books fall out once again, “Now I did that on purpose.” She huffed confidently as she adjusted her skirt before walking away.

Minzy walked away with confidence as she strutted to her first class. She held strength and power in every stride and everyone knew she meant business. She hated weak and helpless types of girls like the nerd she had just run into. They always seemed to set her off at how pathetic they were. In her opinion those women deserved to be picked on like that. They were only proving a stereotypical point that women were weak and helpless, which Minzy most definitely wasn’t.

“Hey baby,” a masculine voice called out. She grinned as she stopped and looked to her crew and they both nodded as they left her side. She suddenly felt strong arms wrap around her waist and pull her back against a rock hard chest. “How is your morning,” he breathed his hot breath against her neck before placing a sweet kiss onto it.

She shrugged her shoulders as she placed her hands on top of his, “Alright so far.”

“Alright,” he asked as he turned her to face him.

Her grin spread into a smile as she was met with dark chocolate brown eyes. She nodded as she wrapped her hands around his neck, “Yeah alright I guess.”

He chuckled as he bent down and took her lips to his. Their kiss was deep and passionate as he hungrily attacked her lips and she willingly followed along. “Mmm…” she hummed as he pulled away and stared into her eyes with intensity.

“Better?”

She bit her lip before giving him one more lingering peck, “Much better, thanks Seunghyun.” She let out a sigh of contentment as he linked hands with her and escorted her to her first class. Her relationship with Seunghyun was had blossomed over the years. First as friends in elementary to lovers from junior high to the present. Everything was nothing short of perfect between them in her point of view. 

They paused as he reached into his bag and pulled out her books and handed them to her, “Take good notes in class.” She chuckled as she pulled him in for one more kiss before walking into class.  

“Ms. Gong I don’t appreciate your little make out sessions in front of my class,” her instructor scolded her as usual.

She turned to give him a fake smile, “I’m sorry teacher it won’t happen again.” She turned and rolled her eyes to make her way back to her seat when she noticed the nerd from earlier staring at her. The stare was that of judgement or envy, whatever it was Minzy didn't like it. Firing back with a fake smile, Minzy strutted down the aisle of desks with a flare of attitude. As she was about to pass the nerd she tipped the girls books and papers over letting them fall to the ground. “Oh…” she said as if surprised before she walked to her seat where she was met with high fives from Hyuna and Fei.

 

In her second class with Hyuna and Fei she borrowed Hyuna’s nail filer for her nails and then had them painted with Fei’s black nail polish in their third class. Now of course the three best friends had to match their schedules for their last year. It was all going according to plan, Minzy thought as she exited the classroom admiring her freshly painted nails. Walking and blowing on her nails, she glanced up to be smashed right into someone. Quickly glancing back down at her nails, she hissed in frustration seeing her index finger smugged. Hyuna and Fei gasped in shock as Minzy stood trying to control her temper. “What the ,” Minzy growled as she looked to see who it was. To her surprise it was none other than that nerdy girl. Glaring at the loser, she felt as if she was doing this on purpose for her knocking down her papers from earlier.

“I…I…” the girl stuttered with fear in her eyes.

“I what,” Minzy continued to glare.

Fei stepped forward and pushed the girl, “Watch where you’re going you !”

“S…sss…sorry…” she continued to stutter.

Minzy sighed knowing this girl wasn’t mentally retarded to be stuttering like this, “What’s your name?”

“Huh,” the loser girl looked from side to side to check and make sure they were talking to her.

Hyuna glared at the girl along with Minzy, “You heard her! What’s your in name?!”

“Oh, it’s uh…B…Bom,” she tried to smile but failed to out of fear.

“Bom,” Minzy made a mental note to herself on finally knowing who this girl was. Her name was beautiful, but her look and clumsy ways made her the complete opposite. “Well Bom, watch where you’re walking or the next time I won’t be so nice.”

Bom quickly nodded and turned right into Minzy’s boyfriend making Fei and Hyuna laugh. “Oh, hey sorry,” Seunghyun apologized as he held the girl by the shoulders to examine her to see if she was okay.

Doing so, Minzy watched as the girl started to blush and fidget under his grasp and she didn’t like it one bit. Walking up to the pair, she pulled Seunghyun away from her and glared, “You seriously need better glasses to watch where you’re going.”

“Oh…” Bom nodded as she tried to blink back the tears of embarrassment before rushing off.

Hyuna and Fei shook their heads laughing as Seunghyun looked to his girlfriend somewhat angry, “What?”

“Why did you have to be so mean,” he frowned at her.

Minzy coughed a laugh as she held up her index finger, “She messed up my nail. Am I really supposed to let her off that easy?”

He shook his head and sighed as he wrapped his arms around her, “Babe that’s still not right.”

“And since when did you ever care how I treat people,” she leaned into his strong embrace.

“She’s a nice girl,” he breathed into her neck before planting a soft kiss onto it.

This caused Fei and Hyuna to flash a cautious glance over at Minzy, “Oh really?” Rolling her eyes at his kindness. She didn't like how he was trying to kiss up on her while trying to talk about another female.

He nodded as he embraced her tightly, “She’s in one of my classes and she’s a really sweet girl.”

Minzy could feel the stares of Fei and Hyuna burning right through her as she snapped her head back to give them a glare to back off and give them space. They both put their hands up and nodded as they walked away leaving the pair alone. “How about we change the topic? How is your day so far?”

“Alright,” he shrugged.

She grinned as she tip toed up to be met half way as she kissed and bit on his lower lip before pulling away, “Better?”

He chuckled as he nodded, “Much better. Now let’s go get something to eat.”

“Okay,” she smiled as she linked her arm onto his.

 

Minzy chuckled seeing her boyfriend stuff his face with his food and hers as she ate a small salad to watch her figure. As she looked around, she felt eyes looking their way and she turned to see that Bom nerd staring. Minzy rose an eyebrow at her and watched as she quickly looked down to her tray of food. She coughed a laugh as she saw that that girl had just as much food as her boyfriend. Shaking her head in disgust at the pig that sat a ways from them, she turned to see that Seunghyun had finished up his meal.

“Babe you barely ate,” he said as he wiped at his mouth.

Minzy shrugged as she glanced over to Bom who happened to look up at the same time, “I lost my appetite.” Turning to see exactly what he ate she wanted to gag seeing that it was burritos, but she took action anyways as she smashed her lips against his. Even if the burrito breath wasn’t all that great, she continued to kiss him to show this girl what would happen when she stared.

As she pulled away she watched her boyfriend smirk, “Thanks babe.”

She giggled as she glanced over to Bom who sat red in the face gripping onto her tray. This made Minzy smirk as she shrugged, “You deserved it.”

“Huh,” Seunghyun asked not hearing what she mumbled.

“Nothing, are you done?” He grinned and nodded as he took their garbage to the trash, allowing Minzy to get up and walk over to Bom’s table. She stood on the other side of the table with her arms folded over her chest as she glared at the girl who sat staring at the ground. “Do you have a staring problem?”

“Uh…no,” Bom answered as she stayed staring at the ground.

Minzy hated the fact that this girl was lying and seriously trying to ruin her moments with her man. Losing her temper, she grabbed her tray and dumped the food followed by the tray onto the ground. “I just helped you save fifty pounds right there,” she said coldly before Seunghyun walked up to her.

“Hey babe are you ready to go…oh hey Bom,” he smiled down at the girl.

Minzy stood glaring at the girl as she awaited an answer from her, “Hello, he just said hi to you!”

Seunghyun nudged her on the shoulder to stop as he took a seat across from Bom, “Hey Bom did you want me to take your tray for you?”

This made Minzy beyond pissed as she wanted so much to put that Bom girl in choke hold. Why was her man all the sudden nice to this girl? He never acted so gentlemen like to anyone else besides her, but now with this Bom? A bad feeling was creeping up on her as she watched the pair laugh at some lame insider joke they shared. But it wasn’t until she watched him reach for her tray to have Bom place her hand over his to stop him. She saw how quick that girl was to blush and move her hand away as Seunghyun did the same.

“Uh-hmm…” Minzy coughed to remind them of her presence as she reached for her boyfriend’s hand. “I think she’s fine. Let’s go.”

“Oh…yeah, umm…I’ll see you around,” Seunghyun gave Bom a questioning glance as he was being pulled away.

Minzy glared at everyone in her way to move and they did so. She was furious as she looked to see that Hyuna and Fei had witnessed what had just happened from a distance, forever watchful eyes. Sometimes helpful, but at the moment making the situation worse. She glared at them and watched as they too backed up with the crowd. Pulling him to an empty hallway, she pushed him up against the lockers as she glared at him with such intensity.

“What,” he asked with an innocent look on his face.

She sighed knowing that he was too stupid to know exactly what he was doing to that nerd. Reaching up behind his head, she lightly tugged at his head to meet her half way as she kissed him roughly, claiming him as hers as she let her free hand roam his body. She chuckled in their wild make out session as she heard him moan as she brushed her finger tips across the front of his jeans. She knew his body better than he did, which was one of the many reasons why they lasted as long as they did. A small gasp echoed in the hall, making Seunghyun break away. Minzy sighed as she turned to see Bom standing there wide eyed. Minzy took advantage of the moment as she smirked at her before turning to hike her leg up on Seunghyun and kiss him deeply. There was a faint muffled cry followed by running footsteps.

“Stop,” Seunghyun pushed her away, but Minzy didn’t obey as she continued to kiss him. He sighed as he took her by the shoulders to pull her away, “Minzy stop.”

“Why? Why can’t I make out with my own boyfriend,” she nearly shouted. He let out another sigh as he reached to scratch the back of his head. This made Minzy angry as she knew what that meant. He always seemed to scratch the back of his head when he was hiding something. “Spit it out,” she demanded.

“What? What are you talking about,” he asked as he tried to play dumb.

“What’s going on Seunghyun?” He shrugged his shoulders as he glanced down the hallway to divert her glaring eyes.

“You know what, it. I’m not going to force you to tell me if you don’t want to.” He gave her a grateful smile to be met with a serious look, “But you better figure out what the hell is wrong with you before me and you have serious problems.” With that she turned to leave him to think about what she had just said.

It was no surprise to see Hyuna and Fei standing at the end of the hallway and she knew they probably heard it all. It was one of the many flaws of being the most popular girl in school, no privacy. “Hey Minzy,” Hyuna said giving her a sympathetic smile.

Minzy coughed a laugh as she flicked her hair, “I don’t need your sympathy Hyuna.”

“She didn’t…” Fei stepped in to defend Hyuna.

“Let’s just get this in day over with,” Minzy cut in as both girls nodded and took their places on either sides of her.

 

As Minzy was nearing her car she realized she had left her purse in her last class. She cursed herself out loud as she turned to rush and get her bag. It was almost time to pick up Zelo and she hated being late. Rushing down the halls, she grinned to herself noticing that she was making good time after retriving her bag. Slowing her pace to catch her breath, she heard Seunghyun's voice in one of the classrooms. Frowning to herself, she thought it was odd that he was at one of the classrooms when he should be at the gym training for basketball. Pausing in her tracks as she clearly heard her boyfriend's voice coming from the classroom she couldn't help but listen in. 

“Hey about earlier today…” Seunghyun's voice started. 

“Don’t worry about it,” a feminine voice echoed right after.

She heard Seunghyun sigh as he continued, “I’m sorry if my girlfriend is giving you a hard time. She’s a real nice girl at heart.” Minzy was offended that Seunghyun had to go out of his way to apologize for her own actions. She was a big girl, she knew what she was doing and didn’t need anyone to apologize for her.

“No it’s okay. I mean she is your girlfriend after all.”

“Bom she’s my girlfriend not my master,” Minzy heard the pair chuckle at the comment and she couldn’t stand it anymore.

Holding her head high, she walked past the classroom and heard a gasp. Taking a quick glance into the classroom, she was furious in seeing that Bom loser. This encouraged her to take longer strides to move as if she didn't hear or didn't care for their conversation. It wasn't like she had the time to stop either. She would be late picking up her brother if she stayed a minute longer. Ignoring her naming being called, she walked out of the school and jumped into her car. Annoyed that she had walked by such an odd private conversation about her, she shook her head in disbelief. 

“Minzy, Minzy…” Seunghyun called after her as he rushed out of the school. But she kept her car going as she reversed out. Running up to her window he panted, “Hey…”

She placed her shades onto her face to hide her anger filled eyes as she stepped on the gas to leave him and his annoying self behind. Dodging traffic, she made it right on time. She grinned to herself as she pulled up to see Zelo standing next to his teacher.

“Minzy,” Zelo smiled as he turned to give his teacher a hug before running to the car. He leaned over and placed a kiss onto Minzy’s cheek as they drove off.

“How was school bud?”

“It was good,” he continued to smile as he pulled out a paper. “Look what I made you.” Minzy glanced over to see that he had finger painted hearts with his and Minzy’s name written on it, “Do you like it?”

“I love it,” she grinned as she reached over and ruffled his hair. 

 

Minzy pulled up to the house and helped Zelo pack all his things back into his bag before heading into the house. “What do you want to eat today huh Zelo,” Minzy asked as they walked into the kitchen.

“Whatever you wanna make me,” he sang as he walked to the kitchen table to take out his homework.

The siblings grew quiet as they heard the front door open and close. Though Minzy started to feel sick to her stomach she continued to fake like she didn’t care about the person who appeared in the kitchen. “Get your in off my table you retard,” their so called dad barked.

Zelo nodded as he quickly did what he was told, “Y..yes dad.”

Minzy bit her lip as she pulled out some items to make Zelo a sandwhich, “Hey Zelo how about you take your homework upstairs and get started? I’ll make you something to eat and then come help you with your homework.” Her brother gave her a grateful smile as he nodded and disappeared upstairs.

“And what are you going to make me,” her dad demanded more than asked. She ignored him as she went about making Zelo’s sandwich, “Don’t make me repeat myself girl! What the hell are you going to make me?! I need to eat more than that retard does upstairs.”

“STOP CALLING HIM A IN RETARD,” Minzy shouted feeling fed up with her father’s harsh remarks about her brother.

“Watch your mouth you little ,” her father growled.

“Minzy,” Zelo called from upstairs, cutting her off before she could reply back.

She let out a low hiss as she finished up Zelo’s sandwich and pushed past her dad to see Zelo standing at the top of the stairs with a smile on his face. She grinned as she made her way up the stairs and followed her brother into his room and locked the door behind her. “Here you go baby boy.”

“Thanks Minzy,” he hugged her before taking his sandwich to eat.

“Now show me what you have to do today,” she said as she tried to ignore the shouting from down stairs.

Zelo frowned not being able to do the same as he looked to his sister, “Minzy am I really retarded?”

She shook her head as she extended her hands for him to come to her. He nodded and let Minzy wrap her arms around him, “No you’re not. You may have special talents such as being the happiest brother on earth, but you are in no way retarded do you hear me?”

“Then how come I can’t come to school with you? I’m only two years younger than you and taller too!”

She chuckled at her brother’s silliness, “Hey, you may be taller than me, but I’m still your big sister don’t you ever forget that.” She sighed as she started to rock him, “Believe me, your school is so much better than mine.”

“Then why don’t you come to school with me,” he smiled at his brilliant idea.

She mirrored his smile as she pinched his cheek, “I wish I could. I really wish I could.”

 

Author's notes:

I've always wanted to write a fic like this. This is a story told through the mean girl's perspective. Hope you enjoy it! I wrote this as I listened to nicki minaj- did it on em. Thanks for reading! <3