Clearing up Misundestandings

What? I'm gonna be an Idol?!

Chapter 41: Clearing up Misunderstandings

Mi Yun sighed. Youngjae seemed to be avoiding her. She frowned. ‘I wonder why though.. Did I do something wrong? Did he really feel ashamed of kissing my forehead like that..?’ Tears welled up in her eyes.

Then she shook her head. ‘Aish! Aish! This is not the time to be feeling down. Forget about the issue at hand and focus on your job. Ah, we’re due in 10.’ She thought as she looked on a serious Min Hee being put make-up on by the stylist. She looked all over the room for the others.

Hyerin was by the television, watching the performances. “Hmm.. They’re pretty good, eh.”

Min Yul was at the corner of the room, listening to your song at the last-minute, going through some of the dance moves.

You were seated on the couch, trying to fix your hat for the costume you had on today. You were getting nowhere and a stylist decided to help. Mi Yun smiled at how the stylist gently told you off for almost ruining your hair.

As for Jin Ah, she was seated on a chair in front of a mirror and she appeared to be playing a game on her phone. “Yes, yes! Come on! Just.. a little.. more..! I’m gonna beat Mi Yun’s freaking high score. Come on! Just.. 3.. more! YES! YES! HA!” She pointed at a blinking Mi Yun- “HA! I BEAT YOUR FREAKING SCORE! TAKE THAT GONG MI YUN.”

Mi Yun only smirked. “Fine. I’ll take it upon myself to beat your high score later.” Jin Ah grinned. “Fine. It’s a challenge!”

The door opened and they were immediately ushered out.

 

“AH. Finally done!” They were back at the company building. They headed to the practice room only to see B.A.P inside, intensely dancing their choreo.

You can’t help but be awed at their choreography. It was powerful, intense and manly. It was so.. B.A.P.

As the song comes to an end, you girls clapped. The boys looked over to you guys. “Great job, guys!” You immediately went over to a sweaty and tired Zelo. You handed him a bottle of water and his towel. He gave you a grin and a one-armed hug.

“Thanks, jagi!” You blushed. You still haven’t gotten to him calling you like that. He chuckled and ruffled your hair, “You have to get used to me calling you like this, you know. Oh well, you’re so cute.” You pouted and smacked his arm. “Shut up!”

“So, when are you guys due to come back anyway?” Hyerin asked Daehyun who was lying on the floor.

Daehyun sat up and grinned, “By early August, noona! You guys should definitely be there to support our comeback stage, okay?” Jin Ah nodded grinning. “I’ll be up front, holding a big banner, screaming, “OMG DAEHYUN-OPPA! I LOVE YOU, MARRY MEEEEE!”” Everyone except Daehyun laughed, who was red as a tomato. “Oh my god, that’d be priceless, Jin Ah! You’d get into tons of articles by the end of the week for sure!” Hyerin grinned.

Jin Ah laughed and winked. “Hey, we’ll get Sparkling some attention, won’t we?”

“That’s not how we can get good attention!” Min Hee protested and massaged her forehead. Yongguk just laughed.

 

Meanwhile..

Mi Yun approached a silent Youngjae.

“Um..” Youngjae looked up, his eyes widened as Mi Yun stared down at him. “Could we, um, talk?” Youngjae then nodded and Mi Yun sat beside him.

Silence hung in the air between the two. Eventually, Youngjae broke the silence and coughed, “What do you want to talk about?” Mi Yun bit her lip and faced him. She looked into his eyes. “Why are you avoiding me, Oppa?”

“I wasn’t avoiding you..” Youngjae laughed nervously. “Yes, you are avoiding me!” He avoided her gaze. “See? You’re even looking away from me!” He sighed. “I didn’t intentionally avoid you, okay?”

“Then, why?” He rubbed his nape. “I was too busy..” She sighed, frustrated. “No. You were certainly avoiding me.” He looked at her wearily. “How can you say that?” She smiled sadly. “Even back then, we used to text each other, despite our busy schedule. You would always have time to reply to my texts. Even the unnies and Min Yul and Sooyoong said this.” His eyes widened.

She sighed. “Look, Oppa. I just wanted to know if there was a problem. Did I do something wrong? Did you perhaps.. feel ashamed of what you did?” She looked down, keeping the tears in. She didn’t want to cry.

He stared at her form and sighed. “…Because what you did to comfort me. It really made me feel happy.” He winced. She sounded so broken. He pulled her into a hug. He didn’t mean to avoid her; he just thought that what he did was too… intimate. He thought he scared her off.

“I’m sorry.. It’s just that, I thought that I was too… touchy and all. I didn’t mean to avoid you.” Mi Yun smiled and pulled out from the hug and smiled at him. “It was okay with me, Oppa. I thought it was.. really sweet.” They both blushed.

Youngjae found the courage to finally say something. It was now or never. “Uh, Mi Yun-ah! You know, I really-!”

“Hey, we’re going through the choreography again. Come on! Ah, sorry, Mi Yun-ah! I need to borrow Youngjae-ah for now.” Mi Yun smiled and nodded.

 

“Man! What was that?!” Youngjae hissed and smacked Daehyun in the head. Daehyun laughed and raised his arms in surrender. “Sorry, I just thought that it would be better to tell her your feelings on a date or something.”

“Fine.”

 

“Hyerin=ah! What the heck is this?!” Min Hee said as she raised a notebook full of doodles and drawings. Hyerin pouted. “I was bored!” Min Hee growled. “This is my composition notebook, stupid! Why couldn’t you have drawn your stupid doodles in your diary?!”

Hyerin gasped. “I could never do that to my diary!” Min Hee growled and started to chase her around the room. “Why do it to my composition notebook?! GAAAAH!”

“HELP! HELP! SOOYOONG-AH! MAKNAE! HEEEELP.” You looked up at a furious Min Hee and a pleading Hyerin and took the assaulted notebook. You looked through the doodles. “It would’ve been fine if you haven’t doodled through the lyrics and all, but you did. Sorry, I can’t help you.”

“OH NOOOOO!”

“GET BACK HERE, LEE HYERIN!” 


[A/N:] Hey guys! Back with another chapter! :3 I hope you gusy like it! I kinda just went with the flow with this one, so it may not be that good. But oh well~ See ya guys.

 

~ Louise <3