How we came to be

What? I'm gonna be an Idol?!

Chapter 40: How we came to be

Min Hee found herself in the middle of a  grinning and curious group of girls. She sighed. ‘And so, hell comes and I have to get through the torment of these 5, wait no, 4 people. Sooyoong-ah’s too nice..’

Despite that.. “Nae, unnie? What was the story behind the cute coffee guy at the shop?” Min Hee was surprised and started sulking, mumbling, “Sooyoong-ah, you betrayed me and my trust..”

“Well? Tell us! You’ve kept us out of the loop for too long, unnie!” Jin Ah pouted. Mi Yun nodded in agreement and Hyerin only grinned.

“Hyerin-ah, help me..” Hyerin shook her head. “Oh no. You brought this upon yourself. You take on the consequence.” She smirked and Min Hee glared at her. “I really hate you.”

Cheekily, Hyerin replied, “I love you too.” Min Hee sighed and faced them. “I guess I’ll start now..”

The members nodded and grinned.

 

“So, before I was even a trainee, I worked part-time at our music shop. You do know that we have a music shop, right?” The members nodded. “So, I was looking after it like my Dad told me to..”

 

 

Flashback

Min Hee’s POV

“Min Hee-ah! Could you look after the shop for me for a couple of hours? I have to go and fetch the groceries for your mom..” He said, sulking. I shrugged, “Why not I do that? I have to go and buy some snacks too, anyway.” He looked up at me, with those sparkling eyes. “You will?”

“Don’t even think about doing that, sweetie. He lost a bet, so he should do that, not you.” I raised my eyebrows at the two as Dad sobbed and Mom only grinned. “Oh, yeobo, it seems that your daughter wanted snacks. Do go to the supermarket and buy her snacks, since you’ll be there anyway. Min Hee don’t give him money for the snacks, let him pay like a gentleman.” I sighed and sweat-dropped.

“I’m going now..” Dad sulked and went off. I sighed. ‘Those two are so childish.. I can’t believe those two are my parents.’ I grinned and sat at the counter and took out my notebook and some pencils.

‘Well.. Time to start composing, I guess..’

I started to hum this random melody, until I got ideas for lyrics.

After a couple of minutes, a bell rang, signaling that someone went in. I looked up…

 

“And that someone is Yongguk-oppa, right?” Jin Ah said, grinning in excitement. Min Hee only sighed, exasperated.

“Let me finish first, Jin Ah, before you react? Please?” Jin Ah pouted.

“Sorry..”

 

To see a very cute guy in black-rimmed spectacles, holding a cup of coffee. ‘Might’ve came from the coffee shop across us.’ I went back to thinking up lyrics.

“Hmm..” Unconsciously, I sang the lyrics I thought about and he looked up, surprised. I bowed my head in embarrassment. “Uh, sorry..”

He chuckled and went over. “I haven’t heard a song like that, perhaps, were you singing an original composition?” I looked up with widened eyes. “Y-Yeah.. But it’s not something to be proud of, it’s not even finished yet..”

He looked at me, smiling. “Can I see? Your lyrics, I mean?” I nodded and handed him the notebook.

He went over the lyrics and hummed. “These are fine though, are you sure you aren’t some professional composer of some sort?” I shook my head hurriedly, blushing because of the compliment.

“I’m not! I just.. get so emotional at times that I let those feelings out through songs..” He grinned. “Ah, I know where you’re going. Actually, if you haven’t noticed, I’m a pro at composing too.” I looked up at him. “Really? Then can I see your compositions too?”

He laughed and nodded, “Wait. I’ll go get it.” I nodded, confused. Wasn’t his bag with him? Then, he came back with a CD. I looked up at him with widening eyes. “Uh.. You see, I’m from a K-POP group, B.A.P. This is actually a first time that I meet someone who doesn’t know me.” He grinned as he rubbed the back of his neck.

“Oh my gosh! I’m so sorry! But really, that’s amazing! Writing songs for your own group and all..” I looked at the songs in awe. He then laughed and said, “Ah, by the way, I’m gonna buy 5 copies of these. I’m heading over to see my family, you see. I told them I’d bring them our groups new CDs. Good thing this shop has them.” You nodded smiling. “Ah, I see.”

I then put them inside a paper bag and gave it to him. “Ah wait!” He opened the bag and took out a copy of the CD. I blinked as he handed it over to me. “I only need 4, and since you wanted to see my compositions, I’m giving you one!” He smiled and I smiled. “Ah, okay. I’ll definitely listen to it, then. Um..?”

He was then startled as I stared at him questioningly. Taking the hint, he answered me. “Bang Yongguk.”

“Okay, Bang Yongguk-ssi. I’m Jo Min Hee. Nice to meet you.” I bowed and gave him a grin. “Ah, nice to meet you, too! Oh, yeah, by the way, can I have your number?” He then gave me a gummy smile and I nodded, “Sure.”

I gave him a piece of paper. “I’ll text you later then. Oh yeah, here.” He put down the cup of coffee on the counter. I gave him a confused look. “You’re working after all, don’t want you sleeping on the job.” He gave you a wink and I chuckled. “I’m not the type who sleeps on their job, Mr. Bang Yongguk.”

He grinned and he walked off, raising a hand in farewell. “I’ll text you later then, to make sure you really don’t sleep on the job. I’ll come by when I have the time. Nice to meet you again, Min Hee-ssi. See you.”

And with that, he gave me one last smile and he was off. I unknowingly smiled. It wasn’t bad after all, that I had to look after the shop.

End of Min Hee’s POV

End of Flashback

 

 

“Oh my gosh! That’s so cute, unnie! What happened after?” You asked, smiling. “Well, he did text me and after that, he came by when he has free time. My mom met him the third time he came over. And that was when he pestered me to audition for TS, since he found out that I rapped the second time he came and he already talked to the management even before that.” Min Hee said, shrugging.

“Waaaah! You and Oppa came a long way, huh?” Mi Yun said, dropping on the sofa, sighing. Min Hee nodded and patted her on the head. “What about you, Mi Yun-ah? You came back all flustered. It was Youngjae-ah, right?” Mi Yun turned red and buried her face in the pillow.

“I dunno what I’ll make of him, unnie..” The members’ ears perked up. “Why? What happened?” Min Yul asked, hugging the bear Jongup gave her on their date. “Well, as you all know, he went to comfort me. I poured out everything to him and well.. after that, he..”

“He what, unnie?” You asked curiously. Mi Yun sighed, “He hugged me and kissed me on the forehead..”

Then, Min Hee looked at her, surprised. The rest squealed. “Oh my god! He did? That’s so sweet!” Hyerin said, smiling.

“But, after that, he was all distant and nervous.. I dunno what happened. Was he ashamed of that?” Mi Yun said, bowing her head, burying her face in the pillow again.

The members looked at her worried. “I’m sure that’s not it, unnie..” Min Yul said, rubbing her on the back soothingly. They all looked at each other and you got up and headed to the kitchen.

As you came back, Jin Ah grabbed the remote, “Oh look! Strong Heart is on! And Sooyoong-ah got us snacks! Come on, Mi Yun-ah! Guys, let’s watch together!” The members nodded and smiled, sitting down on the sofa and the rest on the carpet, munching on the snacks and laughing at the show.

‘Thank you, guys. I guess I’ll have to talk to Youngjae-oppa about this, huh?’ Mi Yun said, smiling to herself.


[A/N:] Back~ Sorry I haven't been updating guys! T^T I was just so preoccupied with my anime feels and well.. it got out of hand, (to the point of sleeping 7 AM in the morning and waking up at 1 in the afternoon. Seriously though, Fairy Tail is just so awesome for sleep.. >.<). But I'm back with this chapter, I hope ya guys like it! <3

 

~ Louise <3