A Fresh Start

Just My Best Friend, Right? (Spinoff to Just Partners, Right?)
Please log in to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AaNXk_GcGI

I Like You - Infinite

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"LALALALALALA! LALALALALALA! LALALALALALALA~ OH BABY YOU GOT ME CRAZY!" a song played throughout the Kim's household. Jiseung groaned, knowing exactly who was the cause of it.

Her mother. Mrs. Kim loved Teen Top, and whenever she was in a good mood, she would blast their songs using speakers. And Jiseung and her father are used to it, but really...it was the year 2035, not 2013! Teen Top was so old school now.

Jiseung tried to block out the song, but failed. She threw her pillow down and jumped out of bed, storming over to her door. She slammed it open and was going to scream to her mother to tell her to turn it off.

"UMMA—AHHH!" a body fell towards her, making her fall to the ground on her back with a boy on top of her.

Her best friend wriggled his eyebrows in a teasing way, "Oh, JiJi, I didn't think we'd go this far~ We're only best friends, ya know~" he teased, talking about their awkward position. Jiseung blushed at how close their faces were to each other.

"Jiseung-ah, wake up—OH MY BUFFALO CHANSIK!! IF YOU WANNA GET IT ON, GO DO IT SOMEWHERE MORE PRIVATE!!" her mother yelled after walking up the stairs and seeing the two. The teenagers turned their heads to her.

"UMMA!" Jiseung shoved the boy off of her and hurriedly stood up, her face even redder than a tomato. "It's not like that!"

Mrs. Kim raised an eyebrow, "Really. Because if I saw correctly—"

"Umma, it's really nothing. I accidentally fell over her, which caused us to be in that position."

"Hm...alright then. Jiseung, go wash up and change into your uniform. Chansik, come down to have breakfast." Mrs. Kim started walking back down the stairs.

Jiseung glared at her best friend, "You little !"

He smiled, trying to seem innocent. "What did I do?"

"Gong Chansik." she grinded her teeth together.

He laughed and waved, "Okay, I gotcha. Go do what you need to do, I'll be downstairs eating the delicioussssss breakfast. Maybe I'll finish it all before you go down..."

"GONG. CHAN. SIK!!!"

"It's Gongchan!"

---

When Jiseung finally came down, her parents and Gongchan were seated at the dining table, eating breakfast. She took a seat besides Gongchan and began eating quietly.

"Aish, look at this kid, always eating over here. Chansik, don't you ever eat with your family?" Mrs. Kim asked. Gongchan blinked at her.

"Of course. During dinner, I do."

Mr. Kim snorted at his witty response while his wife rolled her eyes. "I swear..."

"Heh! I do eat with my family for breakfast, but I like coming over and scaring JiJi every morning." Gongchan smiled and cupped Jiseung's face out of nowhere, making her drop her utensils. "Isn't that right, JiJi?~" he pinched her cheeks.

"MMFFF!" she tried swatting his hands away to chew her food properly.

The four heard the front door open with a slam, and in rushed a brunette. He bowed, "I'm sorry for intruding Mr. and Mrs. Kim! Good morning!"

They nodded back, "Good morning."

The brunette turned to stare at Jiseung and Gongchan. "Yah! Do you want to be late on the first day of the new year?! HURRY UP!" he yelled, startling everyone. He bowed to Jiseung's parents again. "Mianhae! I'll be waiting outside!" he ran out.

The teenagers inside the house stood up and grabbed their bags, hastily running to the door and putting their shoes on. "Bye, Umma, Appa! See you!"

"Okay! Have a great day!" they rushed out, with Jiseung slamming the door behind her.

Mrs. Kim watched throug

Please log in to read the full chapter