A Day with Jinyoung

Just My Best Friend, Right? (Spinoff to Just Partners, Right?)
Please log in to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usNLnMCDgX8

Chu Chu Chu - B1A4

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One Saturday morning, Jiseung dressed in casual yet cute clothes before walking downstairs. Mrs. Kim saw her daughter dressed up and raised an eyebrow. "Where do you think you're going dressed up all cute, girl?"

Jiseung scrunched her nose up at her mother, and Mrs. Kim copied her action. It was a thing they did with each other since Jiseung was young. Laughing, Jiseung smiled. "I'm going to help Jinyoung Oppa do something today. I can go, right?"

"Well, it seems like you already knew I would say you can. But yes, you can go, Jiseung. Be back before it gets dark though, okay?"

"Okay! Bye umma, appa!" she waved to her parents before putting on her boots and walking out. Jiseung whipped out her phone and texted Jinyoung.

 

TO: Jinyoung oppa!

FROM: Jiseung

Oppa, I just left my house. I'll be there in about twenty minutes max, okay?

 

She instantly received a reply.

 

TO: Jiseungie~

FROM: Jinyoung!!

It's okay~

 

*What?* Confused, Jiseung stared at her phone, not understanding what the foxy halbae was trying to say. She scratched her head and continued walking forward, "He doesn't make sense sometimes—"

"Who doesn't make sense?" she looked up and her eyes widened. Jinyoung was standing in front of her with a raised eyebrow.

"Oh! Halbae!"

"Yah, don't call me halbae...and I don't make sense? I so do!"

Jiseung laughed and engulfed him in a hug. "Hi Jinyoung! Why are you here?"

"I was coming over to pick you up when you texted me." he explained. He held his hand out, "Let's go on our adventure now!" smiling, she placed her small hand in his and started walking with him.

Many would think the two were a couple, but they were just best friends. Some might think they were also on a date, but the truth is, Jiseung was helping Jinyoung pick out a gift for Sunhee, since their birthdays were coming up. Yes, their. Sunhee's was November 17th and Jinyoung's was the 18th. How cute was that?

"Man, time passed by too fast!" Jinyoung let out a sigh.

"Right? I swear we just started school a week ago, but it's actually been a few months!" Jiseung agreed.

They stopped in front of a jewelry shop and went inside. The two looked around at different displays.

"Aw, this is so cute!" Jiseung talked to herself, picking up a necklace. It had the letters 'J' and 'E' stuck to each other, and on the back it had a spot where one could add a person's name.

*Oh! My parents have the same initials!* She suddenly realized. With a small smile, she walked over to Jinyoung. "Jinyoung! Look at this!" he turned her way and came face-to-face with the necklace. Jinyoung blinked at how close it was to his face.

He observed it, "Oh, it's nice!"

"Right? I might buy this for my parents. I don't think it suits Sunhee unnie that well." she told him. "Not in a bad way!" she quickly added.

Jinyoung chuckled and ruffled her hair, "I know what you mean, Jiseung. You're such a good girl, thinking of your parents~ Aigoo~" he cooed.

Jiseung scrunched her nose up at him, "I'm not a dog!"

"Of course not!" he looked taken aback.

"You're a puppy!~"

"Oppa!" Jiseung pouted, making the elder laugh.

"Okay, I'll stop. But you and Channie are puppies~"

"Ew, that thing is a puppy?" she made a face.

Jinyoung stared at her, "Yah, isn't he your bestest friend in the whole world? Why are you calling Channie a thing?"

"Because he's annoying! Anyway, I'll ask the ahjussi to help me customize it, then I'll come back and help you. Okay?"

"Okay!" he made the "OK" sign with his fingers. Jiseung went up to the front counter.

"Excuse me, ahjussi!! Could I customize this necklace?"

The man behind the counter came over to her. "Yes, of course! I'm assuming you want two of the necklaces, right?"

"Ne!"

"Okay, what are the names you would like to add on the back?" he asked, holding a pen, ready to write down the names.

"Jongin and Eunsoo, please," Jiseung recited her parents' names, and the man wrote it down before giving her a slip of paper.

"It will take a few weeks to customize it, so I'll need you to fill this out so I can contact you when it's done." he handed her the pen and she began to fill out the paper.

The man observed her, and checked the names she gave him. "Excuse me, may I ask if these necklaces are for you and your lover?"

Jiseung looked up, surprised. "Ani, ahjussi, it's for my parents. I don't have a lover yet," she explained before going back to writing.

He smiled, "You're a very good daughter! Your parents have raised you well."

She smiled, "I love my parents! Although they're a bit on the weird side, I want to shower them with gifts for raising me! It's the least I could do to show my gratitude." she beamed. The man softened at her kind and sincere heart.

"I wish my daughter was like you. She's in college now, but she barely stops by me and my wife's house. She also seems to have a dislike towards me." his shoulders drooped. Jiseung stopped filling out the form and stared at the man. She took notic

Please log in to read the full chapter