Valentine's Day (Part 3)

Just My Best Friend, Right? (Spinoff to Just Partners, Right?)
Please log in to read the full chapter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-btQ7zimrY

G.R.8.U - Vixx

---

"Ah, he's on the wrong lane. Are we not going straight to his house? What is this?" Jinyoung talked to himself while keeping his eyes trained on CNU's car and the rood.

"Maybe oppa's taking a different route today." Jiseung said.

"Why would he? Strange." the driver tsked. He slowed down as they approached a red light. He turned his body to look at the maknaes in the back. They looked comfortable as they smiled back at him.

"So how's my driving?"

"Like a halbae!" they chorused. 

"You really live up to your name," Jiseung stated, making her best friend snicker with her.

"Yeah hyung, I even saw a halmoni pass by you earlier!"

Jinyoung rolled his eyes, "Oh shut up! I think I drive pretty well."

"That's true. Your way of driving is really...smooth?" Jiseung tried to explain while using hand gestures. "I don't know, but I like it!"

"Me, too!"

Jinyoung felt good hearing their compliments on the inside. He decided to tease them.

"Oh, so you like my driving but you didn't want to ride with me?"

"It's only because you're so bad at directions!" she retorted.

"Surprisingly, hyung hasn't gotten us lost from the others yet," Gongchan observed.

"Yah, yah! My sense of direction—is that right term? Oh, whatever— is improving." Jinyoung said, facing forward and pressing down on the gas pedal since the light changed. He looked through the front mirror and saw the maknaes looking back at him with raised eyebrows.

"...okay, not really, but I mean come on! Put some trust into me for once!" he corrected himself.

"We trust you alright, just not when you're driving," they said in unison. Jinyoung pouted at the response.

"I'll show you that I won't get us lost! Look, CNU's car is right in front of us!" he pointed forward—

—and realized that that was not CNU's car. He looked at the other lanes, hoping to find it but it was nowhere in sight.

Jiseung glanced at his side view. "Why do you look so pale?"

"...call them, we're lost."

"..."

"..."

"I knew it!"

"My point is proven!"

"Guys!!"

---

"They're alive!" Sandeul shouted when he saw Jinyoung, Jiseung, and Gongchan walking towards him and the rest, who were in front of the market. The younger kids cheered for them while CNU shook his head.

Jinyoung pulled the duck towards him. He threw an arm around Sandeul's neck and held him in a headlock, rubbing his hair with his other hand clenched into a fist.

"Isn't this duck quacking too much today? I think I'm going to cook it and have me some delicious duck soup!" 

"AHHH HYUNG OKAY I'M SORRY DON'T EAT ME!" Sandeul screeched, flailing his arms around wildly. 

Baro, Mei, and Jiseung cracked up together watching the scene. Gongchan scrunched his nose up, "That was lame, hyung."

Jinyoung finally let the boy go. Sandeul flew into CNU, who put his arms around him quickly. He breathed heavily, his fluffy hair sticking up everywhere now.

"Wah, hyung is scary," he told CNU. The older laughed.

"If you say so, Deul."

"So why are we at the market again?" Mei questioned. 

"Well I was thinking about how Ji made us those cookies for V-Day, and I had this idea that we should all make cookies to give to each other," CNU explained.

"That's true, I completely forgot today and therefore didn't bake any brownies for you guys..." Mei frowned.

Jinyoung nodded, "I didn't even realize what the holiday was until I saw my noona packing a box of chocolate in her bag this morning."

"I forgot and when I realized last night, I was lazy to plan anything," Baro confessed.

"Me too, hyung!" Gongchan gasped. He bumped fists with Baro.

"Me three!" Sandeul whooped and joined in. The rest rolled their eyes at the three.

"Well, I think it sounds like a good idea. Let's make, say...cupcakes?" Jinyoung suggested.

"That sounds yummy!"

"I'm pro at making cupcakes!" Sandeul bragged.

"Oh, we'll see about that," Jiseung smirked. He gave her a glare. 

"Don't underestimate me, Ji!"

"Alright, so it's decided. Let's go inside and look for the ingredients, kids!"

They all ran towards the entrance, entering in a group. Jinyoung grabbed a shopping cart while the rest scrambled across the market, save for CNU who stayed with the other senior.

"They scattered off so fast," Jinyoung observed, surprised. 

"Don't they always?"

---

"Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! Oppa, I love you~ Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah! A lot, a lot~" Baro and Sandeul sang together as they dumped an armful of junk food into the cart. The rest looked at the pile with huge eyes.

"Yah, we're not buying all of this!" Jinyoung chided.

They began to to whine. "Hyung, why nott?"

"I think you've noticed, but I'm not rich. And we only need things necessary. All of that is not neccessary." they pouted.

Jiseung raised an eyebrow, "Wait, were you singing 'Oh'?"

The partners in crime nodded. "Even if SNSD are retired now, I still love them!" Baro declared.

"You weren't even born in their generation!"

His shoulders slumped. "Don't ruin my mood, Channie!!" he reached to hit the maknae, who easily dodged him with a triumph grin.

"I think we're done here," Mei quickly scanned all the ingredients (and snacks) they had in the shopping cart. She and Jiseung were almost finished with putting away all the junk BaDeul had put in.

"Yeah. Let's go to the cashier now." Jiseung held onto the cart's handle and pushed it forward. Mei walked ahead of her, leading the way. While the boys...they just waddled after the two like little ducklings.

Fortunately, the line wasn't too long so they were able to easily ring up all their items in a short amount of time.

"₩43,000."

Jiseung started digging for her wallet until a hand appeared in front of her face. She looked at the owner.

"Relax, Ji. I got this," Baro told her and straightened his jacket out as if trying to look cool. He went in front of her and faced the cashier. Baro pulled out his own wallet and opened up the bills section.

His eyes widened at the amount. He quickly closed his wallet, but Jiseung (who was peeking over his shoulder) had already seen it.

She gave him a look. "'Relax Ji, I got this.' Yeah. You sure do."

"Aheheheh," he laughed sheepishly, making her roll her eyes.

"Let's all pitch in," Sandeul suggested. Everyone liked his idea and so they did that. After paying, they took the bags and walked back to the cars.

"Time to experience The Ride of Jinyoung again!"

Both of the maknaes groaned. "Halbae!"

---

"Sha lalalalalala~" CNU sang once he unlocked the door to his house. He opened it wider for the rest.

They stepped in, grateful to be out of the cold weather. The heat system was already , so the house was warm and toasty. The air made the kids giddy.

"It's sooo toasty up in here! Yay!"

"Yay for hyung's home!"

"Yeah!"

CNU shut the door as they were taking off their shoes. He grabbed the bags of ingredients and brought them over to the kitchen before walking back out to face the group. The gang looked at him, eager to start.

"Before we even start...everyone! Roll up your sleeves, put on aprons, and wash your hands!" he instructed.

Sandeul raised his hand.

"Yes, Deul?"

"Can we put on chef hats too?"

CNU blinked at him. After a few seconds, he shrugged, "Why not? Go for it."

"Yes!" Sandeul shouted and ran to the bathroom.

Jiseung snorted when she saw all the boys run in after Sandeul. She and Mei could hear them arguing over who got to wash their hands first.

"I can't believe CNU and Jinyoung Oppa are fighting too," Mei said, surprised.

"They're all kids," Jiseung shook her head. "Age does not matter, they're all on the same maturity level."

Mei laughed and patted Jiseung's back. "That's true. Le

Please log in to read the full chapter