Preparation

Just My Best Friend, Right? (Spinoff to Just Partners, Right?)
Please log in to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1cMMP51N4M

Kiss - Rainbow

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A month passed by in a blur. Jiseung checked the calender and saw the day.

"February 13th already?" she talked to herself. She made a face. Ughh, Valentine's Day was coming up. Great.

She didn't celebrate the romantic holiday, but every year the gang normally gave each other sweets for the fun of it. Last year she remembered giving them chocolate candy since it was a rushed gift.

Even though Jiseung wanted to have no part in the holiday, she knew she had to. She didn't want to disappoint her friends by not giving them anything.

*What should I do this year?* She wondered, searching through her brain for ideas. She thought and thought and thought, ignoring the ruckus coming from the kitchen, ignoring her screaming mother when she ran past the living room chasing her father with a pan, ignoring the repeatedly "I'M SORRY I LOVE YOU PLEASE STOP" and "YOU'RE NOT SORRY YOU FACE GET BACK HERE", and ignoring her current favorite drama showing on television.

Jiseung frowned at the coffee table in front of her, throwing her arms down at her sides in frustration five minutes later. "Ugh! I don't know what to do!" she yelled out.

Mrs. Kim walked by, whistling oh-so-sweetly while dragging her poor husband behind her. She heard Jiseung's scream as she walked past and backtracked.

"What's wrong, baby?" she asked.

Jiseung pouted, "I still don't have an idea."

"Seriously? After all that time you've spent thinking?" her daughter nodded. Mrs. Kim shook her head, "Aish, my daughter is so stupid sometimes." 

She made sure to hold onto Mr. Kim tightly so he couldn't escape. Ignoring him, she then grinned.

"Wait, I just had the perfect idea for you."

"Really?"

"Ohhh yeah. They'll love it!"

---

"Luckily I have some construction paper that I never used when I was a teenager," Mrs. Kim said as she came back to Jiseung. A stack of paper was in her right hand. She slapped it on the table in front of Jiseung.

"Some?" Jiseung repeated. What she saw was NOT some. It was a whole bunch. Looks like her mother's definitions of some things were a little off...

"Okay! So we got everything. Jars, construction paper, scissors, glue, cards and ribbon! Check?"

"Check!"

"You have an idea of this, right, Jiseungie?"

Jiseung scanned all of their materials. "Yeah, I think so. I know what design I want to make, too."

"Really? I guess you don't need or want my help then." Mrs. Kim chuckled, seeing determination in her daughter's eyes. She could see that the teenager wanted to work independently. 

She always did, she noticed. Even at a young age, little Jiseung tried to everything by herself. But of course, she was still learning and needed support no matter what.

Even up to this day.

"Ahehe, yeah. Sorry umma~" Jiseung laughed sheepishly.

Mrs Kim shook her head, "It's fine, I understand. My baby is growing up~" she squeezed the cheeks that belonged to her 'baby'.

"Ah, umma!!"

"Okay okay I'll stop! I'll prepare the ingredients in the kitchen. Just get me whenever you're finished!" Mrs. Kim reluctantly pulled away. She walked into the living room, leaving the girl to finally be alone.

Jiseung went through the various romantic colors the construction paper offered her. She pulled a light shade of cherry pink from the color. She grinned and grabbed the scissors.

With careful movements, she started to cut out hearts of sizes ranging from mini to large. Jiseung set those aside and grabbed a bunch of red papers. She folded all of them in half and cut out half a heart. When the opened the papers up, it formed a symmetrical heart in the mi

Please log in to read the full chapter