Valentine's Day

Just My Best Friend, Right? (Spinoff to Just Partners, Right?)
Please log in to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt2U_4PU8ec

Mr. Chu - APink

~

Ah, the feeling of love~ No matter where you went in any country, you could sense the romantic aura around young teenagers. Even adults.

The day for couples to be even more...coupley. The day for confessions to take place.

The day of love~

The day Jiseung dreaded.

Valentine's Day.

Okay, it wasn't like she entirely hated the day, like some single people did when they saw all the romance surrounding them. She just disliked how crazy all the girls would go.

She remembered last year a group of girls got into a fight because they were arguing over who was going to give their Valentine's gift to the guy they liked first.

Jiseung had already woken up still half asleep, so she was a little cranky. And not to mention, her parents were being extremely lovey-dovey in the morning.

"Good morning, Eunsoo~" 

"Good morning, Jongin~" Mrs. Kim pecked her husband's cheek, setting down breakfast afterwards. 

Mr. Kim looked at his plate. He saw heart shaped pancakes, drizzled with syrup along with a message written (messily) with the same syrup. 

'I love you~ :)'

"You're so cute, I love you too~" he cooed, kissing her.

A gagging sound made the happily married couple turn their heads. They saw their teenage daughter standing close to them, a disgusted look on her face.

"Oh, our daughter looks so cute!!" the two ran up to the poor girl and began showering her with kisses.

"What the—Umma!! Appa!!"

"So cute!~"

"CHANNIE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!" she screamed the first name that popped into her head.

---

"Oh...?" Gongchan blinked when he saw Jiseung at the front gates, her hair a mess. "What happened to you?" he asked when she got closer to him.

"My parents were being really affectionate," she grumbled. She glared at him, jabbing a finger at his chest. 

"And you! Why didn't you come over and eat breakfast today?"

"My mom scolded me for doing that too much and made me stay home," he bluntly said. He moved her finger away and began to pat down parts of her hair with gentle hands.

Jiseung stiffened slightly at his touch. She tried not to look at him while he was doing so.

Honestly, she was touched at what he was doing. If Sandeul or Baro were in his position, they would probably laugh at her for a good five minutes before helping her fix her hair. Or not even help at all! 

"Oh, where's unnie and opp—"

"EUNGKYAAAAAAA GONGCHAN OPPA!!!!!"

The two friends both whipped their heads around to the direction of the voices. And boy, did they wish that they hadn't. 

Coming their way was a wave of Gongchan's fangirls. They were ready to confess their undying love for the cute flower boy. Who knows if they could become a thing with him one day?

"Oh no, it's worse than last year," Gongchan yelled, startling Jiseung. He grabbed her hand (making her even more startled) and started to run away from the fans.

Of course, dragging Jiseung along. She struggled to keep up, but this was the sad struggle short people had to face—their height made them run slow.

"C-Channie! Spare me!" she shouted. Gongchan didn't answer her, but instead gripped her hand tighter. 

"But if we slow down, we'll die!" he told her, sounding way too dramatic. It wasn't like they were running from zombies or anything crazy...

He kept running and dragging her around the school, but it seemed that no matter where they went, more of his fangirls kept on coming.

They finally managed to lose track of them when they reached the music room. Jiseung slammed the door shut. She leaned against it, breathing heavily. Gongchan was doing the same thing next to her.

Whack!

"Oww!!" Gongchan whined, immediately bringing a hand to his arm. He rubbed it, frowning at Jiseung. "Why did you hit me?"

"Because you're stupid!" she shouted. "Why did you have to run away from them, huh? Why couldn't you have just accepted all of their gifts like every other year?"

"Because the first gift I wanted to accept was yours, JiJi!"

Jiseung froze.

"What?"

He made a face, still rubbing his arm. "Geez, are you going deaf? The reason I didn't take their gifts for me was because I wanted to accept yours first."

She stared at him, stunned. Hers?

"Why?"

Gongchan gave her a pointed look, "Well you're my best friend! Of course I'd pick you over everyone else."

Oh. "But what about the rest of the group?" she asked.

"I mean, hyungs and noona are also my best friends, but you're more of my best friend! We tend to do more things together and since we're born in the same year, I feel like I can relate with you more," he pointed out.

"But—"

"Ahh!" he screamed. Jiseung covered her ears. Damn, he screamed like a girl! "So many questions, JiJi! Can't you just give me my gift?" he held his hands out

Please log in to read the full chapter