Confronting Sunhee

Just My Best Friend, Right? (Spinoff to Just Partners, Right?)
Please log in to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqTVpW3BMc8

Girlfriend - Wonder Girls

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Unnie, good morning!"

"Hi, Ji..." Sunhee raised an eyebrow at how her dongsaeng was acting. Jiseung was smiliing widely and had dragged her to the rooftop of the school building. Talk about an overused place man.

Jiseung tilted her head, "Unnie, you know, I heard about it. Actually, all of us have. And don't act innocent, you know what I'm talking about." she secretly smirked when she saw Sunhee's face pale.

"Oh."

"Yeah, oh. I wonder why you broke up with our halbae? Was he not good enough for you?" she pretended to be contemplating, putting her index finger to her temple and looking up. Her eyes adverted back to Sunhee. "Well?"

Sunhee sighed. "I broke up with him because..." she faltered. Jiseung fixed her position and watched her like a hawk, her eyes never leaving Sunhee.

Sunhee's lips trembled. "Because I don't have feelings for him anymore."

Jiseung nodded as if she understood, "Ah, is that so? I don't think so." her y side she got from her mother was starting to come out.

"There seems to be much more to that. Right, Sunhee?" she dropped honorifics as her face darkened.

The senior bit her lip and gazed at the ground as if it was the most interesting thing in the world at the moment. Jiseung waited, starting to get a bit impatient.

"Fine, you want to know more? What I said earlier wasn't false. A few weeks ago, my friends forced me to go to a club ("What the hell?!" Jiseung thought in disbelief). I met a guy there, and fell for him. We talked and being a bit drunk, I..."

"You had a one night stand?!"

Sunhee frowned, "No. I...kissed him. I felt so happy then and was in total bliss. When I saw Jinyoung again after that, I started feeling weird when he used skinship on me. It just wasn't the same anymore as with that guy at the club. So I've been distancing myself from Jinyoung and the rest of you."

"Yesterday, I ran into the man again. We chatted and..."

 

"Why are you out here alone?" he asked. Sunhee gave him a sheepish grin and played with her hair.

"Actually, I was planning on visiting someone."

"Ah, I see. I'm glad we met again." he smiled, and she beamed.

"By the way, when is your birthday?"

"Tomorrow. Wae?"

The man smirked and sneakily wrapped his arm around her waist, bringing her closer to him. "Oh really? Then an early birthday present wouldn't hurt." and he kissed her right then. Sunhee closed her eyes and savored the moment and—

THUD.

They both stopped the kiss and turned. Sunhee's eyes widened when she Jinyoung standing not too far away, looking stunned. On the ground in front of him was a bouquet of roses.

The man turned back to her, "Do you know him?"

"Yeah...could you, uh, go?" she asked, her eyes not leaving Jinyoung.

He chuckled, "Sure. I hope we'll meet again." he glanced at Jinyoung before going his way.

Once he was out of sight, Jinyoung stormed towards Sunhee. "Who was that?!" he hated to sound like a jealous boyfriend, but if he wasn't going crazy, he was sure they were lip-locking just a moment ago.

"It doesn't concern you," she coldy replied

Please log in to read the full chapter