Valentine's Day (Part 2)

Just My Best Friend, Right? (Spinoff to Just Partners, Right?)
Please log in to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS_0aPCARpg

Darling - Girl's Day

---

"You guys are finally cool now!" Baro exclaimed after he and Sandeul heard the full story about the cars. Jinyoung and CNU scowled at him.

"Yah!"

The '92 kid stuck his tongue out in reply.

"That's really cool though! Your parents are the best!" Sandeul raised both of his thumbs in the air to them. He then rubbed his chin with one thumb, "Hm, I wonder if I can get them to get me a car next year..."

"Pfft, as if! My mom says you're a nuisance whenever you come over!" CNU said. 

The duck's jaw dropped. "WHAT? Shin umma actually said that about me?!"

CNU nodded to confirm it. Sandeul pretended to be upset, holding his head in his hands. "Sniff, and to think that she once said she thought of me as her own kid..."

"Well....what she said isn't entirely false..." Baro said in a low voice. He looked up at the skies when Sandeul whipped his head to look at him.

"What did you say? You think I'm a nuisance? I'm not! Right, guys?" he turned back to the group. In reply, they all copied Baro and looked up.

"Wow, the weather's really great today!" Jiseung commented. The others agreed with her.

"YAH!"

They started to crack up. Gongchan slung an arm around his buddy, "Even if you are one, we'd still love you, hyung! Don't be so upset about it~"

Sandeul just huffed at them, folding his arms over his chest.

"We should go and find parking before we become a nuisance to other people," CNU said, looking at Jinyoung. The leader agreed. He turned back to his dongsaengs.

"Kids, we'll be back!" he gave them a quick nod with a poker face, trying to look cool. The rest rolled their eyes. Oh, halbae~

The two carefully pulled their cars in to the school's parking lot, soon disappearing out of sight.

"This is still really weird to me." Mei stated, looking at the rest. They had to agree. Who announces they got a car on Valentine's Day? Their friends, apparently.

"Oh, right! Happy V-Day, oppas!" Jiseung hastily fished out two of her cookie jars and handed them over to BaDeul.

Sandeul's face was priceless when he saw the cookies. He stared in awe, "For me?" Baro coughed. "For us?" he corrected.

Jiseung laughed, nodding. She put them in their hands. Sandeul opened his immediately, glee written all over his face. He took a cookie out of the jar and bit into it. His eyes popped out of its sockets.

"Oh mai gat! These are good, Ji!" he said with a muffled voice. Jiseung felt proud to hear such a compliment. Heh, all her hard work paid off!

"Hey why does hyung get more cookies than me?" Baro complained.

The girl's eyebrows furrowed together. "Everyone got the same amount. What are you talking about?"

"Then why does he have more hearts on his jar than me?" Baro continued.

"I just pasted on whatever?"

"Then why does—"

"Aish if you're not going to appreciate all the hard work I put into these, then give it back to me so I can throw it at your face!" Jiseung yelled, having enough of his comments.

That made him shut up. He gave her puppy eyes (Jiseung grimaced) and slid over next to her. He wrapped his arms around her, "I'm sorry, Jiseungie! I'm impressed of your effort and I really love you for even making me something today! Thank you so much, please forgive me hu..."

Jiseung rolled her eyes at her childish boy-friend. She kept acting like she was mad. She checked out her nails, ignoring him. "Hm, I think I need to go get a manicure soon. What do you say, unnie?"

"I'm up for it whenever you are!"

"Jiseunnng," Baro whined, hugging her even tighter than before. Gongchan scrunched his nose up at the action.

"Ow ow, you're hurting me! Okay I forgive you!" she shouted. He immediately let go of her and cheered. 

"Yay!! I love you Jiseungie!"

"We've only been gone for a few minutes and Baro's confessing to Jiseungie?" CNU asked, showing up with Jinyoung.

"Yes, because I've secretly been in love with her!" Baro joked.

Jiseung wrinkled her nose and pushed his head away playfully. "Ew~"

"You know, it's surprising that your car isn't red!" Gongchan said to Jinyoung. The hyung only chuckled in response.

"Shocker, isn't it? But it's fine. I like how it looks in white," he grinned.

"It is nice," Mei commented.

Sandeul suddenly burst into laughter. The group stared at him for his sudden outburst.

"CNU hyung's car is black and yours is white HAHAHA. You guys are like Yin Yang!"

"But CNU hyung is not mean or anything." Gongchan blinked innocently. "He's nicer than Jinyoung hyung."

"Excuse me?" Jinyoung sent a pointed look to the maknae. Gongchan gave him a teasing smile in return.

Jiseung distributed the last few jars to the seniors. They smiled and thanked her for the gifts, ruffling her hair stimultaneosly. She made a noise and tried to back away from them.

"Kids, maybe we should head inside now because for one, it's windy and two, we have..." Jinyoung checked his watch. His eyes widened at the sudden realization. "Like six minutes before school starts?!"

The gang copied his expression. Who knew time could fly by so fast? They stared at each other before making a run. They quickly entered the building.

Six minutes wasn't too bad. On a regular day. However, today was Valentine's Day and that meant the boys would have to struggle to get through their fangirls who would try to give items to them. One year it got so bad that their principal had to threaten the fans that they would get a suspension if they didn't leave the boys alone.

It took at least fifteen minutes to get through their fans on average. And cutting that by at least half would not work out. B1A4 would surely be late to their first class. As soon as they entered and were caught sight of, screaming and running occurred. Their fans charged towards them crazily.

Jiseung and Mei made it through the fangirls quickly, mainly because they weren't as popular. There were some male students who shyly gave them chocolates, but other than that, it was quiet for them.

"I feel so bad for them. They won't make it to class on time," Jiseung looked back at the crowd sadly. Mei sighed. They couldn't even do anything to help out their best friends.

"Doesn't it feel a bit worse than last year?" she asked. Jiseung nodded. She suspected it was because Jinyoung was single now, and his fans wanted to mend his broken heart or whatever. Her blood boiled at the thought of Sunhee.

An idea suddenly popped into her head. She grinned and walked closer to the crowd. Jiseung cupped her hands around and yelled.

"Omo is that Key at the other side of this hallway? What in the world is he doing here?"

That caught their attention. Although SHINee wasn't active anymore, they were still well known in the younger generation. The

Please log in to read the full chapter