Gongchan's Gift

Just My Best Friend, Right? (Spinoff to Just Partners, Right?)
Please log in to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlJI4wc3NPU

Romantic Street - SNSD

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When night fell, Jiseung slipped out of the front door after informing her parents that she would be back soon. She wrapped her jacket tighter around her body, shivering.

"We had the whole day for giving presents today, and yet he decided to give it to me now?" she mumbled to herself, not understanding Gongchan's logic.

She thought back to what he specifically told her when he held her back at the park.

"Around eight-thirty, let's meet each other on my roof," he spoke softly into her ear. "I'll give you your Christmas present then. You better come!"

"He's crazy. It's so cold, yet he wants to go on the roof? Why not meet inside?" she ranted to herself while walking. People could think she was a little mad, but it wasn't like their judgemental minds mattered to her. 

When Jiseung finally reached his house, she gazed up at the roof. There was snow and icicles around and hanging off the roof, but the roof was mainly clear. 

*Did he take all the snow off?* 

A ladder at the side of the house caught her attention. Marching over to it, she figured he left it out for her so she could come up. Praying that it wouldn't tip over at the last minute, she began to go up the ladder steps carefully. 

Her left foot stepped onto the roof, her right foot following suit. She took cautious steps in case she happened to slip and fall and slide down the roof and—well, yeah.

Jiseung's eyes found Gongchan almost immediately. He was leaning his back against roof shingles, in a sitting position on the flat part of the roof. His attention was on his phone that he held sideways in his hands.

With a small eye roll, she started to walk towards him. The noise of her footsteps made him glance up and grin and put his phone away.

Sitting besides him, Jiseung eyed him.

"What?"

"Where's my present?"

"Be patient, JiJi~"

She scoffed.

Please log in to read the full chapter