First Meeting

Just My Best Friend, Right? (Spinoff to Just Partners, Right?)
Please log in to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhX7mT059Bk

Lovely Day - Park Shinhye

(You're Beautiful OST)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A young girl the age of five and a half nervously held onto her father's hand as she and her parents walked inside the school building. She was going to start kindergarten, and it was a scary thing for her. Her parents bowed to the teachers in the classroom.

The child's father glanced down, "Jiseungie, we're going to have to go now, okay? Don't cry, we'll be back soon!"

The child named Jiseung looked up, her eyes wide. "But, Appa! This place is big! What if I get lost?!"

Her mother mumbled. "Just wait until you're in college, girl." she smiled at her daughter. "You won't get lost. Have fun, okay? Go make some friends!" she lightly pushed Jiseung forward before waving and leaving with her husband.

Jiseung pouted. Her parents would leave her like this! She scanned the room and noticed there was a laminated paper that stretched across each desk, each with a child's names. *Oh! Nametags!* She searched for her name, walking around.

"Hana...Jina...Jiseung!" she found her seat and happily sat down, swinging her legs under the seat. Jiseung noticed that more of her classmates were starting to arrive, and it was getting noisy in the classroom. Hul.

She saw her best friend, Meili, enter with her parents. Her eyes lit up, and she waved. Meili noticed her and waved back, smiling. She went to sit at her desk, which was a few rows behind Jiseung, unfortunately. The seating arrangement was in alphabetical order of their first names.

After the class finally settled and the children went to sit at their respectful seats. A boy named Junghwan was sitting on the other side of Jiseung, and he had slightly round cheeks, she observed. The girl next to her, Jina, was wearing a red satin bow headband over her chocolate curls. Jiseung played with her plain black hair that was hanging loosely by its strands.

She didn't feel so pretty next to Jina.

The teacher got their attention, and smiled. "Hello, kindergarteners! Welcome to your first day of kindergarten! To start off the day, how about we play a game?"

"Ne!" the kids agreed.

They all went to a corner of the room and stood around a round mat. "The game we are going to play is called 'I Love Friends'! You will talk to the person next to you, and introduce yourself and tell your favorite color. After, you will go over to the play area," the teacher gestured to the area, "And make a bracelet for the person you talked to. Is that clear?"

The youngsters nodded. Jiseung was disappoi

Please log in to read the full chapter