Advice

It's An Idol Thing

The next day at school you were distracted all day, the boys kept texting you and at one point you had to turn your phone off to be able to take notes in class. You loved how they all liked to send you texts and that they really reflected their personalities, for example Kyungsoo was always sending you texts reminding you to eat, Baekhyun, Kai and Sehun were trying to compete for your attention and Xiumin was reminding you not to look to fabulous otherwise everyone else would get beyond jealous. Sighing you tuck your hair behind your ears and through your phone into your backpack ignoring it for now. Grabbing your lunch from the cafeteria you head out to schoolyard to eat with Minji, Sora and Ryu who seemed to be a permanent addition to your little group.

Listening to the small talk between your friends, more like the heated argument of whether Blastoise or Gangar would win in a Pokémon battle; your friends are such nerds and noobs Blastoise would obviously win, you pull out your phone and nearly choke at the sight, 100 unread text messages.

 What. The. . Guys.

Opening your phone you roll your eyes, 20 messages from Kai; Sehun; and Baekhyun each, 10 messages from Joon reminding you to stay classy and not let anymore guys get close to you or he’d be upset, 5 messages from Suho; Kris and Tao, 4 from your mom and surprisingly enough just 1 from Chen.

You ignore all the other messages and open Chen’s which was just a simple ‘Hey.’ Biting lip debating whether or not this was a good idea you quickly sent a text to Chen and chucked your phone away. Your friends gave you a look as Minji grabbed the phone unlocking it, yes your friends know your phone lock because you’re close like that, and you watch as her eyebrows rise.

“Azalea, oh gosh. 99 messages and oh, Chen just replied to your text.” Scrambling over to Minji you grab your phone from her and look at the text and couldn’t help the smile that slipped onto your face as you read it, ‘How’s class?’

“Ooooooooohhhhhh damn girl you got it bad” Sora voices whistling lowly and you stare at her confused. “What are you talking about?” “Bro don’t even, it’s so obvious you like Chen. Even I noticed!” Minji shouts. You stare them incredulously and shake your head “No way, I have no idea what your talking about!” you protest.

Both Minji and Sora give each other looks before shaking their heads. “Azalea it’s so obvious it hurts” Sora says dramatically clutching the fabric of her shirt above her heart falling backwards into the grass. You shake your head once more and stand up as soon as the bell signalling the end of lunch sounds “I don’t like him, or any of them like that ok. They’re just friends.” “Yeah, friends you want to get freaky with,” says Minji as she wiggles her eyebrows. You groan as your friends giggle and give them a glare before walking off Ryu trailing after you.

“Those stupid brats why don’t they understand” you grumble and Ryu chuckles half-heartedly, “Well can you blame them? You’re living with 12 incredible guys, you’re bound to fall for one of them.” You give Ryu a look and remember how you used to have the biggest crush on him and how it’s died down. You no longer felt anything more for him besides friendship and you wonder it was because Exo came into your life.

You give Ryu a sad smile “Well even if I do it would never work in the end anyway so why should I bother? They’re famous and talented and I’m little miss no one who only meet them by chance.” And that’s when he did the completely unexpected, something you would have never thought anyone especially Ryu would ever do. He slapped you, right on the face. You’re eyes widen in shock and you bring your hand to your stinging cheek. It was a light slap but it still hurt, emotionally more than physically.

“Azalea you need to shut the up and listen to me. You are a beautiful, talented, sweet, kind, funny girl. You’re perfect in a way that you will never understand and only people around you will. You bring joy and happiness to anyone you talk to who was lucky enough to meet you. So don’t think for one second they wouldn’t like you, anybody should be lucky to have a girl like you in their life including me. And if someone can’t appreciate the fact that an amazing person like you likes them then they aren’t worth your time or effort.”

You stare frozen as Ryu huffs at the end of his rant unable to move or speak throughout it. “Did you just confess to me?” You ask confused not sure what exactly happened and you watch as Ryu’s cheeks color. “I…maybe I kind of indirectly confessed but that’s besides the point! I know you don’t like me any more. It’s been a while since you have and I was a fool for waiting to long because now your heart no longer belongs to me. So don’t lie to yourself Azalea and chase after that special someone who has your heart because it’s not me anymore.”

You didn’t know what to do after that. Ryu had just given you one of the most meaningful speeches you’ve ever heard so you did the first thing that popped into your brain, a hug. You ran up to him and wrapped your arms tightly around his torso hiding your face in his chest feeling his arms surround you. “Thank you” you whisper quietly and pull back to give him a small peck on the cheek. “I’m sure your lady will walk into your life some day Ryu you’re a wonderful person.”

“Yah yah now get off of me before I change my mind and hide you in my closet from everyone else” he says but you could see the blush on his cheeks. Giggling you detach yourself and smile slapping him the face as well. He stares at you for a minute in shock before shaking his head and smiling “Well I guess I deserved that.”


Hello everyone! I'm sorry about the wait but i have finals coming up, in fact i've already had 3 and have 3 more to go! Life is getting in the way as it always does but i'll be updating regularly soon i hope! Hope you all have a lovely winter and christmas if you celebrate it!