Gardening

It's An Idol Thing

 

You sat staring out the window watching building after building go by as Xiumin drove to Wal-mart. “So what’s with the sudden urge to garden?” you ask and Xiumin shrugs his shoulders glancing over at you before looking back at the road. “I really like gardening, I used to do it back home before I was a trainee but then I got busy. It was a hobby of sorts I guess?” Xiumin answered and tilted your head in acknowledgement. You completely got that, your hobby was reading and drawing when you weren’t to busy watch kpop videos.

You chuckle to yourself as you remember the one episode of Happy camp when Xiumin pretended to give Luhan CPR. “What are you laughing at?” Xiumin asks curiously “Nothing ~” you sing and watch as his eyes narrow in suspicion. Upon arriving at Wal-mart you frown seeing no empty parking spots, Xiumin cruised up and down the lanes and you finally spotted and empty one and pulled into the pace. Hopping out of the car you stretch your limbs while waiting for Xiumin to get out.

The 2 of you walk towards the store and upon entering Xiumin’s eyes land on the Tim Horton’s at the entrance. You watch him look at the store as if he where internally debating with himself, rolling your eyes you grab his wrist and pull him towards the store. “Wh-what?” Xiumin asks confused and you chuckle “Oppa if you want to eat something just get it” you say and stop in line with him. He looks around abashed and you link your arms with him and lean your head on his shoulder “You’re cute when you’re embarrassed.” You watched as his cheeks turned a darker shade of pink “A-am not” he muttered and you smirk wondering just how far you could before he snapped.

After buying 2 ice caps and a doughnut you lead Xiumin towards the outdoor section in which you both look for plant seeds “How about onions?” Xiumin asks and you nod grabbing the small packet of seeds from him and throwing them into the basket. “Corn is a must, Joon Oppa loves corn” you say picking up the corn seeds. After filling your basket up with vegetable seeds and flower seed Xiumin insisted on getting to make the front look prettier, you stand in line to pay and realize you didn’t have your purse with you.

“” you curse and Xiumin gives you a look “What?” “I don’t have any money on me” you sheepishly say and Xiumin smiles patting your head “That’s alright, I’ll pay.” Feeling bad that you where spending Xiumin’s hard earned money you frown “I’ll pay you back at home. It is for my house after all” “Yes but this was my idea. I’m paying so stop protesting Azalea” Xiumin says and pats your head smiling.

You blush and watch as the lady at the cash register started to pack your things “That’ll be $20.99” she says looking at you. “Ah. I’m paying” Xiumin says and pulls out his wallet looking for the right bills. You couldn’t help but notice her eyes stayed glued to you and you had look away as she smirked. Xiumin handed the lady the bills and frowned, she kept taking glances towards you who was now looking at magazines on the counter. “Thanks” Xiumin says grabbing the bag out of her hand shocking her out of her trance “Ya… um …come again” she says not taking her eyes off of you and Xiumin scoffs “Not likely. Azalea! Let’s go!” He shouts and you nod and walk ahead of him to the exit.

Looking back Xiumin watches as the lady at the cash register follows Azalea’s with her eyes her lips her eyes clouded in lust. Feeling protective he hurriedly catches up with you and wraps and arm around your shoulder before glaring back at the lady at the register. You noticed Xiumin’s attitude change and keep silent wondering why he was angry all of a sudden. Throwing the grocery bag in the trunk you sit in the passenger seat and watch as Xiumin starts the car “So it’s not only boys who have their eyes on you huh?”

You look at Xiumin with wide eyes before remembering the way the cash register lady looked and you blush “Y-ah.” Xiumin nods before starting the car and begins the drive home. You sat in silence and shifted uncomfortably at the awkward atmosphere. You couldn’t tell whether Xiumin was upset or not and by the time you reached home you couldn’t wait to get out of the car.

Finally reached home after what felt like forever you exit the car and grab the bag from the trunk quickly walking away from Xiumin in hopes of escaping to your room “Azalea!” You freeze as you hear him shout and turn around to face him “Yes Xiumin?” He crosses the garage in a matter of seconds before enveloping you into a hug crushing the air out of you. “X-Xiumin. C-can’t b-b-breath…” you wheeze and he immediately loosens his hold “Sorry.” You stay like that for a minute and just breathe in his vanilla scented cologne relaxing “Stay safe ok? It was bad enough when guys where after you but now girls too? You really are to good looking for your own good.”

You blush at Xiumin’s words your eyes widening. What on earth are you supposed to say to that?! You thought he was mad and it turns out he’s worried! “…Thanks Xiumin. Should we start the garden now?” you ask and he pulls away “Of course! We didn’t get these seeds for nothing!” He drags you out into backyard before rushing back into the garage “Forgot my hat” he explains placing the straw hat on his head once more.

You squat down on the ground and frown at the dirt patch you grow your vegetables in “Looks like we got weeding to do” Xiumin says and your raise an eyebrow “No ” you say sarcastically and get up leaving him sitting there only to return with weeding tools. “You’re weapon my good man” you say holding out a shovel “Why thank you my good lady” he says playing along. Setting to work immediately you and Xiumin weed the garden tossing the infernal things into the green bin to be composted.

An hour had passes and you guys where just finished one half. Taking a break you lay spread eagle on the grass and lay your arm over your eyes blocking the sun. Xiumin follows your lead and groans as he stretches his legs before flopping down next to you. “Look at you hard workers!” a voice shouts and you lift your head high enough to see Suho coming towards you with a tray in his hands. “Is that for us?” Xiumin asks and Suho nods sitting down on the ground putting the tray before you. “Juice and apple slices with caramel and chocolate! Kyungsoo made them!”

You look at the apple slices hungrily before plopping one in your mouth and “That’s so good.” Xiumin follows your lead and shoves a handful of apples down his throat. After thanking Suho for the refreshments you 2 head back into the garden and continue to weed. You struggle with one refusing to come out “Xiumin ~ Come help me~” you wine and he walks over sitting down next to you. “I can’t get this one out” you say pointing towards the stubborn weed and Xiumin flips his hair like a diva “Pu-lease. Easy as pie girl~” he sasses before pulling, and then frowning.

The weed wouldn’t come out so you got up and started cheering for Xiumin to give him some support “YOU CAN DO! NO WEED IS A MATCH FOR SUPER XIUMIN! COME ON BE A MAN! PUT THOSE ARMS TO USE!” Little did you know Chanyeol happened to be walking past the patio in the living room and heard the last bit of your cheer. Looking out the patio door he furrows his eyebrows as he sees Xiumin grunting while awkwardly leaning away from the garden his face scrunched up in pain? Or was it concentration? And you jumping up and down like a cheerleader.

“You know what? It’s probably best not to ask” Chanyeol says to himself and walks away to hide in his room. “ONE LAST PULL!” you shout jumping and Xiumin grunts before finally pulling out the weed. He falls back on his the weed flying out of his hands and straight at you “EW!” you cry as the weed smacks your shirt dirtying it with soil. Grimacing you raise your eyebrow at Xiumin who merely shrugs while trying to keep in his laugh.

Scowling you pick up the stray root and throw it into the green bin along with the other and grab a rake evening out the soil. You and Xiumin work hard and by the time the garden was half planted with seeds he was shirtless and you had thrown away your dirt covered t-shirt in favor of your tang top and rolled your capris as high as they would go.

Wiping your sweat off your forehead with the back of your hand you smile in contentment at the finished garden all planted and ready to grow. Xiumin comes to stand beside with a proud look on his face and you both just stare at the garden. “Why the hell are you guys looking like proud parents who just taught their kid how to walk? It’s just dirt” Sehun says spoiling the moment. You hadn’t realized he had come out and shook your head “You wouldn’t understand Sehun” you say and he nods his head “That’s for sure. I don’t get it at all now come on. Kyungsoo and Lay hyung started dinner already” he says dragging you both inside by the wrist. 

 


Eww. That's all i have to say about this chapter. it :|
Sorry for the ish chapter

Comment, subscribe and upvote!
I'll love you forever<3