Chapter 13

Persona

Members keep on discussing whether to show this to the police or not. In both the letters Jung Min has asked us not to try looking for him. But… we should, shouldn’t we? Even though he has said that he’s in good hands and he’s going to be fine, he wrote this letter before he left! So how can we be sure whether he’s fine now or not? What if something has happened to him? Of course he has mentioned that it might take some time but it’s already a month! There’s no news from him! This is it!

            “Hyung I think we should inform the police” I say to Hyun Joong hyung.

            “Should we? But he has asked us to…”

            “No buts! God knows how he is now! We should inform” I cut off leader.

            “I think Hyung Junnie is right. This is no joke” Kyu Jonggie says.

            “He’s right” Young Saeng hyung says.

            “See, we got all the votes now come on call them, palli!” I rush leader.

            He dials manager’s number. It takes more than two calls for manager hyung to answer the phone and we keep waiting impatiently.

            “Ah hyung, we kinda came across something” Leader hyung says.

            “Something?” I ask.

            The letters Jung Min left is something? Wah!

            Sshh… Hyun Joong hyung signals me.

            “It’s something you need to see and I think it’s better if we inform this to the police too” He says to manager hyung.

            “It’s important evidence so you need to see” Hyun Joong hyung says after a while.

            “Jung Minnie has left something for us hyung, you need to see it” He adds.

            “A hospital report and two letters, come palli!”

            “Ah stop with the questions and come!”  Hyung snaps at the phone.

            “Mmm… arasso” He hangs up.

            “Hyung said he’ll come and if it’s possible then he’ll ask for the detective to come too” Hyun Joong hyung says and sighs.

            Members go silent; none of them says anything. I pick up Jung Minnie’s letter again and read the last few lines. “I’ll come okay? Gidaleyeo! arasso?” I start to tear up again. My vision blurs and my head starts to spin. I lie down on the bed hugging his letter to my chest. It’s weird but the letter makes me feel like I’m hugging him, his soul. The thought surprisingly disturbs me and I push away the letter. What is happening? Why did I feel disturbed? Am I giving up on him? No! No! No! I’ve found the best evidence to find him and I’m giving up, no! This can’t happen. I won’t let myself give up on him ever. I’ll fight till the end till I find him. Till I see him with my own eyes once again in front of me.

           

Dorm’s bell rings. Kyu Jongah goes to open the door and manager hyung comes in. I stand up as I see the detective. It’s not polite to be seated when a guest comes in. He gives all of us a bow and follows leader hyung to Jung Minnie’s room.

            I follow them and stop at the door post leaning to it. Kyu Jonggie comes and pulls me in to the room by my hand. Young Saeng hyung places his elbow on my shoulder and examines the detective who’s going through the hospital reports and the letters.

            “So our conclusion was right. He does have a psychological issue. According to the letters he must have been suffering a lot mentally because of this. Hyun Joong-ssi thank you for letting us know despite the fact that Jung Min-ssi has mentioned not to search for him. We’ll do everything to find his whereabouts. I’ll get on it now” YuhJoon says.

            “It was our maknae’s idea to inform the police. We were actually backing out at the beginning” Kyu Jonggie says.

            “Ah geuraeyo? Kim Hyung Jun-ssi, Kamsahmnida” He bows to me and leaves the room with manager hyung carrying all the evidences we found.

            They mumble something as they walk out. Leader hyung and Young Saeng hyung follows them and only me and Kyu Jonggie is left in the room. I suddenly remember Jung Minah’s letter and I run after the detective.

            “Excuse me” I shout from inside as the dorm’s door is about to close.

            “Ah Hyung Junah” Manager hyung says.

            “YuhJoon-ssi, mind if I keep Jung Min-ssi’s letter for me? Can you please take only a copy of it with you please?” I ask.

            I really want to keep his letter. The only thing he left for me and I can’t let anyone else have it. I can’t let him take it.

            “Ah joesonghabnida Hyung Jun-ssi but we need to take the evidence to the police station. We can send you the letter after we check the evidence. If you want I can keep a copy and send you the original one through a delivery man tomorrow” He replies.

            “Oh… okay then… I’ll be waiting for that” I say.

            He bows me and leaves as I bow back. I sigh after the dorm’s door closes and I pace to my room. I jump onto the bed and curl on it and members lie down on my bed here and there too. We all sigh from time to time saying nothing. None of us talk. After a while Kyu Jongah pats my back.

            “Hyung Junah, genchana?” He asks.

            I nod and curl more and more. My eyes hurt as I’m about to cry. I can’t believe he left a letter for me, especially just for me! He reads my mind! This is the result of being together for so many years. I never thought I’d find anyone who would read my mind like that; who would know me that much. I got the best band members! I cherish them so much.

            I lightly sob being careful so members won’t hear me.

            “Yah, what genchana? You’re crying! Paboya” Hyun Joong hyung slaps my back and hugs me from behind.

            “Hyung Junah, uljima… tears don’t solve anything” Young Saeng hyung pats me on my shoulder.

            “Aish this kid” Hyung Joong hyung hugs me tighter as I start to sob loudly.

            “That fool” I whisper through my sobs.

            “I know, I know” He whispers back and rubs my arm.

            “Hyung Junah shall I make you some hwanchae to set your mood?” Kyu Jongah suddenly says.

            “Ah hwanchae seems like a good idea!” Hyung Joong hyung says.

            “Hwanchae” Young Saeng hyung says with his rare excited tone.

            I know they are all trying to lighten my mood but inside they are crying too, I know. They all leave the room dragging me with them into the kitchen to make hwanchae.

            “Have we got watermelon anyway?” Leader asks while in the kitchen.

            “Haha… I don’t know” Kyu Jongah replies.

            “Ah mwoya?” I ask in a made-up irritated tone.

            “Aish… he would only react to food!” Leader hyung ruffles my hair.

            A slight smile covers my face and they all purse their lips at me hiding their laughter. I pout to each of them and try to leave the kitchen. But Hyun Joong hyung grabs me and starts tickling me. I struggle to run away but his grab is strong. Kyu Jongah tickles my waist and I twist from side to side to escape.        

            They tickle me until my stomach starts to hurt from the all the laughter. Hyungs are having fun bullying their maknae. Naughty hyungs!

            After a few moments as they stop Kyu Jongah searches for watermelon and finds nothing. I laugh at him and pull out some ramen packets from the drawer.

            Young Saeng hyung starts making ramen as Hyun Joong hyung leaves the kitchen to watch TV. After a while I join him too.

            “Yah this kid! He’d avoid cooking in every chance he get” Kyu Jongah shouts from the kitchen.

            “Aniya” I shout back.

            “Ah Jinja” Kyubbi comes out from the kitchen and tries to give me an evil smirk but he burst out laughing.

            I suddenly remember Jung Minah; him and his famous evil-smirk. He thinks it’s so y haha my ! I wonder whether he even knows the meaning of iness, lol! The thought makes me giggle like a girl. Ewww! Am I fan-girling over Jung Min? Yuck! Lol!

            “Wae useum?” Hyun Joong hyung asks.

            “Aniya” I reply and lean to the couch’s back.

            Young Saeng hyung and Kyu Jonggie comes with the ramen bowls after a while. We start eating the moment it’s placed on the table. I was so hungry! I didn’t even notice due to all these things. Jung Min’s words suddenly come into my mind. Eat well, sleep well and work well” I feel the goose bumps on my arms as I repeat those words inside my mind. I should take care of myself more than this. I should eat more and get enough of sleep without thinking about him all the time.

            The police will come up with something and all I got to do now is waiting. I can’t do anything for this matter. I can’t go on searching for him because it’ll be useless. I’d have to wait for the police to find out some clue on where he is. I sigh.

 

I keep waiting for the letter to arrive the next day. It’s already the afternoon and YuhJoon still didn’t send me the letter. I start to get nervous and panicked and suddenly Leader hyung’s mobile phones starts to ring next to me making me startle.

            “Yeoboseyo” He answers it.

            “Ah hyung what is it?” He adds.

            “Jinjayeo? Then what are we going to do? But he said this is the best evidence!”

            “What is the matter hyung?” Kyu Jongah asks from leader.

            “Ah arasso, arasso. First thing in the tomorrow morning then!” He hangs up.

            “What did hyung say?” I jump onto leader’s side.

            Leader hyung sighs. What is it now?