chapter nine.

Pandora 2

 N-TRAIN - ONE LAST CRY (ACOUSTIC GUITAR VER.)


Sehun sighed as he doodled on his notebook with his pen as the teacher was lecturing the whole class. He turned his gaze out to the window and found a lone leaf drifting from its original place and landed safely on the ground, and soon be crunched as someone stepped on it. He lets out a silent sigh and felt a sudden vibration in his pocket. He glimpsed up, to see if the teacher was looking his way. Luckily, the teacher’s eyes were fully on his teacher’s textbook in front of him. He snuck out his phone as it continued to vibrate in his hand. His brows furrowed when he recognized the unwanted, but known phone number: his uncle was calling. This time, Sehun was able to ask himself the question that he hoped to ask someday: *Why the hell is he calling me during school? Does he want me to have a good education or not?* He continued to scowl at his vibrating phone in his hand. When it stopped, he sighed and slipped his phone back into his pocket again. *Of course not. He’s not my father or anything. Why would he care for his nephew?*

His table glanced at him. She looked at him and saw his fists were held tight, but not to the point where his knuckles were white yet. Minyoung turned her attention towards the teacher who continued to drone on and on about Korean history, then she looked at her trigonometry homework. Numbers, algebra equations, decimals, and fractions everywhere. She glanced at Sehun who was staring at her trigonometry notebook. She noticed the boy had a what-is-this--is-it-even-math look on his face. A small smile appeared on the girl’s face. The bell rang and the teacher stopped the lecture and shouted out the homework assignment that required partners. Everyone ignored him and shuffled out of their last class of the day. Minyoung and Sehun hung back in class, gathering their notebooks and pens. Minyoung glanced up when Sehun took out his phone again, seeing it vibrate in his hand. He scowled at his phone again and this time, he exhaled and answered it. No greeting. Screaming was heard through the phone, but no words could be made out to Minyoung. Sehun’s eyes shifted towards his table partner and stared as she turned her attention back to her backpack, ignoring the scolds from the other line. He suddenly hung up in the middle of the scolding and turned off his phone, threw it into his bag as Minyoung walked away.

The two had work together at almost every shift, but Sehun would end up staying extra time for work. Minyoung was the one who volunteered to stay as well, but only to wait for Sehun. Somehow, the boy found it odd. Why in the world was she waiting for him? Does she have another crush on him? He thought she had already forgotten about her crush on him. Besides, they were just kids back then. He was different now and then, why on earth would she fall for him again? Or perhaps, she’s just being nice...

He then compared her with his friends. Out of all of his friends, Suho was the only one who was like Minyoung. But then again, he was only a year higher in school than Sehun. He had college to worry about after graduation. But the others, who would be by his side for one more year in high school, have completely changed. He remembered how the six of them always stuck together. Now, it was as if the group was starting to split up, or it already has. He didn’t know how to explain it, but he had a feeling that his friends were no longer his friends, just strangers to him. They all picked up different habits and personalities than they used to have, and Sehun didn’t like those changes about them. He noticed his friends started being around others more than with each other. Kai started to be with people that were bad influences. Baekhyun started joining a group of “imbeciles.” Chanyeol hung around just crazy people, but was following Baekhyun around less. Kyungsoo and Suho were stuck to books. But where did Sehun belong to in the school? He came to Seoul to get away from his uncle and the bragging from his own cousin, and came back to see that everything changed. He started to work because of his grandmother, and he seemed more stressed than before. The only thing about him that didn’t change, was his studies. Still flunking classes. At least he “paid” attention to teachers in class. Kind of. If you call staring into mid air and hanging your earphones around your neck to hide the cord and the one of the earphones in your ear. At least he was getting a bit happier: his paycheck tonight, would be able to let him pay for his grandmother’s treatments. God, he hated work.

Sehun slung his bag over his shoulder and looked up, finding Minyoung waiting for him. He started realizing: Minyoung is a better person than his friends. He wouldn’t call her his friend, more of a table partner who’s always there for you. He walked towards Minyoung, and the two began to walk out of the school, on their way to work.

“So... About that assignment that the teacher shouted out when everyone was hurrying out the door...” Sehun started to say as he wiped down a table beside the one that Minyoung was cleaning up as well. Minyoung looked up at him, waiting for him to continue what he wanted to say. “How about, we try to finish it tonight? Hopefully I won’t get anything wrong and you will be able to get a good grade on the project by actually getting everything right.” Was he really saying this?
Minyoung raised a brow at the boy. “I thought you thought that education isn't that important.” Sehun didn’t reply. He just continued to stare at the table, continuously wiping down the table with the same rag.
“Snowstorm tonight,” the manager announced. “How ‘bout we close for the night so you can all get home safely?” he questions and walks away, taking it as a yes.
Minyoung straighten up as the manager locked the front door and the chairs began to stack up by other employees. She looked at Sehun, “Are you going to see your grandmother tonight?” she asks. Sehun looked at the girl in front of him.

As soon as the two hurried out of their workplace, they were hit with crazy snowflakes everywhere. The weather wasn’t as bad as many expected. No wind was rushing around, which meant buses were still available to take the two to the hospital. They both quickly boarded onto the bus and sat in the far back. Not many were on the bus. Some were alone, some were college students, etc. Sehun sat in a window seat and Minyoung sat in the seat behind him. She watched him sigh, leaning his head against the window and watched the snow fall from the dark sky. She leaned forward as the bus began to move, and tapped his shoulder. “You seem to have a lot on your mind,” she says. She heard him mumble under his breath, couldn’t make out the words he was saying. “Mmm... You know, if you need to get it off your mind, talk about it. Or, just write it down. It’ll help.” Silence between the two started to build up, but Minyoung interrupted the silence and spoke up, “I have a question. Why did you decide to come back?”

Sehun watched the snowflakes drift down and exhaled heavily. “Long story actually. There’s probably more than two reasons to why I’m here...” A long pause. “But I’m mostly here for my grandmother... Kind of.”


Sorry for not updating you guys! sigh. well, only a month left and I’ll update as much as I can for you! c:
sooo. this is getting uninteresting. I’m getting this writers block. Too focused on school and exams lately. I haven’t even finished my projects.