chapter twenty three.

Pandora 2

 EXO-K - DON'T GO


Summer for Minyoung went by in a blink of an eye, but for Sehun, he felt as if his summer dragged a bit. But he didn’t mind since he felt as if he was spending a lot of time with Minyoung. He didn’t know why he was happy about that, considering the two were just friends, but being around Minyoung made him feel strong, and the person that he should really be. Today, he is grateful to have her as a friend and as a classmate. To be honest, at that moment he felt as if Minyoung has been the only friend of his who had stopped him from doing stupid things, making him realize the real world around him little by little, and was just always there for him. But he was upset with his other friends. Suho had already left high school, only leaving him to focus on what he wants now, the rest still had a year to finish, or a year to try to be expelled. Kyungsoo was the one who now avoided the group, and the other three continued to do what they always did, drink, and discussed about Minyoung behind her back to Sehun. Now every time his friends approached him, he felt angered, only knowing that they would do the same again. Truthfully, he was worried about his friends and how they were acting. But then he realized, he couldn’t judge his friends after he realized that he too did some pretty pathetic things back then as well.

Sehun woke up early on the first day of school, and it would be his first time waking up early just for school. But he groaned at the thought of school starting, which would bring back the stress that he had last year. Then he thought it was worth it, if he wanted to be around Minyoung. Another thought came to his mind: this year, he was going to graduate with his class. It didn’t matter if he wasn’t as great at academics as Minyoung was. What did matter was he would be able to go up on stage with his classmates, receiving a diploma and finally be able to be out on his own to chase his dreams, oh and follow Minyoung wherever she goes.

Okay, he admits. He kinda, sorta has this tiny, little crush on her. And he liked that feeling of being in love with someone who’s protecting him. Just looking at the girl makes his heart skip a beat, and whenever she smiled it made him smile back. He was never hurt when her words would become harsh and serious, only because he knew that whatever she said was true. Alright, maybe he was too much into her and he may be crazy about her as well, but he didn’t care. As long as he was always with her, everything is fine.

Sehun quickly brushed his teeth, ate his breakfast, and changed into his school uniform. Glancing at the clock, he realized that he still had an hour until Minyoung would be at his door and the two would walk off to school together. Sehun sat down on his living room sofa and the TV as he grabbed his bag and carefully organized his school materials. He placed his mechanical pencils, highlighters, pens and an eraser into his pencil bag. His attention then turned to his books and he placed the biggest book in the back and smallest in the front. Grabbing a couple of notebooks from the coffee table in front of him, he placed them in between one of his largest and smallest sized textbooks, and slid his pencil bag inside his bag. The doorbell rang, and a smile lit on his face as he stood up to open the door for the smiling girl on the other side of the door. “Good morning~” they both said in unison, laughing in the end.

The two sat in Sehun’s living room, as Minyoung asked, “Did you eat?”
“Yes~”
“Do you have everything you need for our final year of school?”
“Yes~”
“Did you iron your uniform?”
“Yes- Actually... No...” Sehun said, suddenly feeling ashamed. “Should I do that now? I should. I’ll be right-”
“I was kidding,” Minyoung says with a laugh. “You seem so excited about school this year... Just last year you were saying that you would stop studying, nearly getting in fights again.”
Sehun grinned, “This is the new Sehun.”
Minyoung raised a brow, “The new Sehun?” She puffed her cheeks and sat back in her seat, eyeing Sehun. “I liked the old Sehun better.”
Sehun blinked, “The old Sehun?”
Minyoung nodded, “Yes, he was always so... Himself. Is the new Sehun the real Sehun?”
Sehun looked down at his folded hands, “I-I...”

“Oh!” Minyoung suddenly exclaimed. “I saw this family move into your grandmother’s house this morning. Could it be your cousin’s family?” she asked.
Sehun’s eyes widen, “They’re here already?!”
Minyoung nodded. “Truthfully, I don’t see anything wrong with your cousin. He seems really nice...” She looked up at Sehun, “And he’s sorta cute.”
Sehun frowned, “He’s only being nice towards you because that’s how he brings people in to be his friend.” He looked away, “Don’t trust him, Minyoung... Even if he’s your neighbor...” he muttered.
“I knew it.”
Sehun looked at Minyoung, blinking, “Knew what?”
“Do you like me?” she suddenly asked.
Sehun felt his ears burn in the shade of red as he scooted away from Minyoung. “W-what? Of course not! You’re... You’re just my friend. Right?”
“Hmm. You’re probably right. Just friends. Psh, there’s no way you could like me anyway,” she said with a smile.
Sehun sighed as he watched Minyoung turn her attention towards the news that was shown on his TV. *I hate this...* He sat back in his seat and stared at the TV. *Friendzoned. A. G. A. I. N.*

“Oh, it’s already time to leave,” Minyoung said after realizing that they were five minutes late for their walk to school. “We should go now,” she said and grabbed her and Sehun’s bag, pulling Sehun out of his seat and out the door. The two hurried out of the apartment building and rushed towards school. “Here,” Minyoung said as she turned her head and held out Sehun’s bag, which Sehun took with his free hand. Sehun looked down Minyoung’s hand that gripped onto his forearm as she pulled him away. He easily got out of her grip and grabbed her hand instead as he stopped running, holding Minyoung back. “Why did you stop running? We’re going to be late!” she said.
Sehun couldn’t help, but smile as he looked down at the girl in front of him. “And you’re still the same Minyoung that I met last year and years before. Always wanting to get to school on time whether or not you’re minutes early or not,” he mutters. He exhaled as he glanced at his watch, “We’re still fifteen minutes early, and the school isn’t so far. Let’s take a break. Besides, it’ll only take us five minutes to get to the school.” He smiled at her, “Do you want iced tea? I’ll buy you some,” he says as he turns around to walk into the café that they have been standing in front of.
Minyoung tugged his hand back, “But-”
“We won’t be late to school,” Sehun said, reassuring her. “I promise.”
Minyoung sighed and nodded, “Alright then...”
“Stay here, okay? I’ll be right back,” he says as he rushed into the café and stood in line.

He exhaled as he waited for his turn, and looked through his bag for his wallet. After succeeding the search, he looked up and around. His eyes stopped when he found three pairs of eyes on him. *Dammit.* The tallest stood up and walked towards him, “Sehun...” Chanyeol said. He glanced outside, finding Minyoung waiting for Sehun, her back towards the windows. “What’s with all the lovey dovey, smiley thing with you and Minyoung lately?” he asked.
Sehun blinked, “Lately?”
“You’ve been spending so much time with her during the summer that you didn’t realize that we see you two together a lot in the streets?” Baekhyun questioned.
“Why are you still sticking to her?” Kai asked.

Sehun averted his eyes to the floor, “Why are you asking?”
“Because we told you,” Baekhyun said. “Minyoung’s nice and all, but she’s dangerous to be around, especially at this final year. Not that’s she’s the dangerous person, but the people around her are.”
“Are you talking about the people who turned her into an outcast? Like you guys?” Sehun questioned as he glanced up at his friends. “Don’t worry if I become an outcast like her, I’ve already been there and I know how to take care of it...” Sehun says as he turns his attention towards the cashier and quickly ordered. Once he received his order, he turned to glance at his friends and walked back out to Minyoung. “Did you wait long?” Sehun asked Minyoung as he handed her her iced tea. Minyoung shook her head as she sipped her tea, and Sehun took the opportunity to grab her hand again as they turned away to walk to school.


Uhm. So I know what I’m doing. So, MORE DRAMAAAAA.