chapter eighteen.

Pandora 2

 DAVICHI - TURTLE


Sehun sighed as he stared at the ceiling of his bedroom. He felt that he was in trouble now, now that his grandmother was gone. First his parents and grandfather, now his grandmother. Could life get any worse for him? His only family members left were his uncle, aunt, and Jinsung, not to mention his mother’s brother’s family. But that family was too far from where he lived at the moment. Now he wondered, where was he going to stay? His grandmother gave his uncle the deed to the house. And by the time his uncle finds out about his grandmother’s death, he will be on his way to take over the house. He found it funny how his uncle’s family didn’t even attend to the funeral from last week, and they should have already known about his grandmother’s death. Now he wondered if his uncle only loved his grandmother for money. Then again, his uncle never loved any human being besides Jinsung. *Selfish bastard.* Sehun sighed as he crossed his arms and turned to his side in bed. Right now, he knew he had to leave.

He drummed his fingers against the mattress as he was in deep thought. *Where to go? Should I go to Daehun’s- No. That crazy kid is far too much. Minyoung’s? No... She already has a big family living there. Maybe I should get my own apartment? Saved enough money ever since work..* He sighed heavily and closed his eyes. *I just need to get out of here.*

All of the sibling’s eyes were glued to their textbooks, pens and highlighters in hand, and reading glasses all on. The sound of pages flipping echoed through the quiet living room of their house. It was only a week away until school would end for them, which meant exams grew closer and closer. Not only that, but it was about time that the two eldest siblings would start filling out college applications and search for what they need for their upcoming future. The sibling’s silence was interrupted when their mother called them over to the table for dinner. Jaesun sighed as he set his book on the coffee table before them and stood up, “Let’s go eat.” He tapped his two young sibling’s shoulders as he made his way to the table. Hyunchan set down his book beside Jaesun’s, while Minyoung’s eyes were still glued onto her book. She sighed and tapped her bottom lip as she read a paragraph in her physics book. “Minyoung!” Jaesun called out again and walked back to the living room, taking the book from his sister, making her avert her eyes from the book and look up at her brother, “Dinnertime. Go and get Sehun,” he said as he neatly set his sister’s book on the table.

Minyong sighed and placed her pencil and highlighter into her pencil bag as she replied to her brother, “Fine... Leave the door unlocked,” she said as she stood up and walked out of the house. She slipped off her reading glasses as she walked across the road to Sehun’s house. Standing at the front steps of Sehun’s house, she rang the doorbell and stepped away waiting for him to answer. Minyoung sighed as she waited. Moments passed and Sehun still hasn’t came down yet. Glancing up, she sees a lit window on the second floor, making her ring the doorbell again. This time, Sehun finally opened the door. “Sehun, do you want to come over and have some dinner?” Minyoung asked. Sehun sighed, not answering. Minyoung glanced to the side, finding a suitcase behind Sehun. “You going somewhere?” she asked.
Sehun looked at Minyoung, “Sure, I’ll come over,” he said, avoiding her last question. The boy stepped out of his house and locked it behind him, and the two made their way across the street.

“Sehun, welcome!” Minyoung’s mother greeted with a smile as she set down the bowls of rice, while the rest of the family settled down into their seats. Sehun nodded and sat in the empty seat beside Minyoung’s. Looking up, he realized Minyoung had disappeared and looked around. He heard her mother sigh, “Where is she again? Minyoung! Come eat!” Seconds later, Minyoung appeared at the table, with her textbook and pencil bag in hand. She sat in between Jaesun and Sehun, and set her book on her lap, pulled out her highlighter and slipped on her glasses. Sehun watched her and smiled, lowered his head to hide the smile from the family.
“Minyoung, it’s dinnertime, put that book away!” her father said.
“Oh, just give it up. At least she’s studying,” Jaesun said as he stuffed his mouth with food.
“Sehun.” Sehun looked up, finding Minyoung’s mother looking at him, “Eat a lot okay?” Sehun smiled and nodded as he picked up his spoon and stuffed his mouth with rice. Glancing to the side, he sees Minyoung slowly eating her food as she read.

Jaesun glanced at Sehun and cleared his throat, “So, how have you been?” he asked.
Sehun glanced at Jaesun and hesitated to answer, “Uh, good, good. Getting better more and more each day...” he said as he poked his food and looked down.
“That’s good,” Minyoung’s father said as he looked at Sehun. “Don’t be too upset okay? Just know that we’re here for you.” Sehun smiled and nodded.
“So, what are you going to be doing for summer?” her mother asked.
“Uhm...” Sehun blinked as he tried to find an answer. He glanced at Minyoung as he spoke, “I’m going to go to the beach and...” He looked back at Minyoung’s parents, “I’m searching for an apartment of my own...”
Minyoung looked up at Sehun as her father suddenly asked her a question, “So you’re moving out?”
Sehun shyly nodded. “Uh, yeah...”
Minyoung’s mother smiled, “You’re growing mature at least. Already planning to move out on your own already. I heard your uncle’s going to take the house as well.”
Sehun’s smile dropped, “...Yeah...” He sighed as he stuffed another spoonful of rice and an egg roll into his mouth.

Dinner finished quickly, and Sehun settled beside Minyoung on the living room sofa. He sat there silently as the three siblings in the room were all studying with a small snack. He looked at Minyoung who was chewing at the end of her pen. He suddenly smiled at how silly the girl was in front of her. Ever since he was eating with the family, Minyoung was the only quiet one. That is until she finally spoke, “So you’re moving out?” she asked, as she flipped past a few pages of her book.
“Yeah. I am,” Sehun said.
“Is it because of-”
“Yes. It is,” he said, interrupting her in mid-question.
“So where are you going to go?” she asked.
Sehun shrugged, “Somewhere...” The two sighed as Minyoung continued her studies. “What should I do?” Minyoung looked up at Sehun, finding him staring at nothing but air.

Minyoung set her book on Jaesun’s lap making him look at his younger sister, raising a brow. She cutely smiled at her brother which made him shake his head and let out a chuckle before turning back to his own textbook. Minyoung stood up and stood in front of Sehun, “Let’s get you home.” Sehun blinked and stood up, following Minyoung out of the house. The two walked across the road and stepped inside Sehun’s house, replacing their shoes with slippers and sat down at the couch. “Now, what’s going on?” Minyoung asked.
“Huh?” Sehun asked, blinking.
Minyoung raised a brow and laughed, “You were saying ‘What should I do’ at my house a while ago. Why that? What’s going on in your mind at the moment?” she asked and poked Sehun’s temple.
Sehun held her hand away and sighed, slightly smiling, “I’m just worried. My uncle will be here soon. What if he forces me to come back? I know he doesn’t want me to, but it is his responsibility to take care of me.”
Minyoung smiled, “Obviously he’s not doing a good job.” The two exhaled, “Just don’t worry about that anymore. Next year, you will be out and ready to take on your life as an adult. He won’t be responsible for you anymore. It’s his fault for not doing what he should have been doing what he should have been doing for years.”

Sehun and Minyoung sat in silence for a while. Minyoung sighed and stood up, looking down at Sehun. “Well, you better get some sleep. I’m going to go back home and study. Good night,” she said and turned to walk away. Just as she was about to reach the door, her wrist was grabbed and an arm was around her waist.
“Thanks,” Sehun said, resting his chin on Minyoung’s shoulder.
Minyoung blinked, “For what?”
Sehun smiled, “For being there for me.”
Minyoung let out a small laugh, “No problem...”
“Don’t study anymore. Just sleep, okay?” he said, looked at her. “‘Night.” A pair of soft lips landed on her cheek.


Uhm. Cheesy, fluffy chapter for you guys. I don’t know what I wanted to write. Don’t worry, that guy that I announced in the last chapter will come soon. c: