chapter six.

Pandora 2

 WOOHYUN & LUCIA - CACTUS


Sehun exhaled as he walked across the street and started to head home. He plugged his ears with earphones and stuffed his hands into his pockets. He regretted coming to Seoul, only because, it was just the beginning of winter. He loved Seoul, and everyone in it, but except the winter. The only reason he hated it, was because of his past, and he remembered it like it was just yesterday: When he was 11, Sehun and his parents were staying at his grandparents' place for the Christmas night. His grandfather, and his parents wanted to pick up Sehun's uncle and aunt from their house. But when they had left a snowstorm was coming. Not many cars were out on the roads at the time when they had left. The roads were icy and slippery as well. Sehun was back with his grandmother, waiting for them to return, but they never did. When his uncle and aunt arrived alone, there was a call from the hospital. 2 years later, Sehun found out that they were dead from a car crash that was caused by the storm. He was angry that no one told him about the accident, especially his grandmother. But, he understood why she didn't tell him at first. He was too young, and she didn't want him to change because of the accident. It was the only reason why he had left Seoul to live with his uncle.

Sehun shook his head to get his mind off of the past. He looked ahead finding his friends yards away, fooling around and laughing. He gave a chuckle, a soft one, but his face turned emotionless. He didn’t know why, but he started to feel different. Yes, he was back in Seoul, with the people he truly loved, and away from the people who he hated. But he felt as if his relationship with his friends turned 180º to a different relationship. He suddenly felt starting to feel left out of the group. He had arrived to Seoul no less than two weeks, but those two weeks, he found out more about his friends, and it was one thing that any best friend would fear: changed. It seemed as if at least three out of five of his friends had changed. It wasn’t a bad change as if one of them started becoming a drug addict or an alcoholic, it was a common change. Sehun started to realize Chanyeol had change from kind and caring, to the boy who makes everything a joke, same with Kai. Baekhyun just suddenly stopped being around the group often, but still went out with the boys. The only two who haven’t changed were Suho and D.O. Sehun was happy they hadn’t changed, but they weren’t as the carefree boys as they were years ago. The two started to become stressed with high school, hoping to graduate and land into a good college, but at the same time, try to be with their friends as much as possible. Sehun, on the other hand, he just felt like he wasn’t fitting in. He didn’t know what the feeling was, but he didn’t like it.

He let out a sharp sigh and glanced ahead. He squinted his eyes and found a petite figure across the street walking in the same direction. Was it weird how he immediately knew that it was Minyoung? Sehun found it strange that he did. He found her walking down the other side of the street, carrying at least what it seemed to be like four textbooks. He watched as she amazingly continues to walk without a struggle or show a look of tiredness or pain. *Should I help her?* Sehun blinked as he rubbed his neck. He watched as she bumped into a group of males from their school. Her books fell to the ground and her papers flew everywhere. The group of boys from the school just looked at the flying papers and books on the ground, walked around her and snickered to their friends, not bothering to help the girl. Sehun saw that Minyoung had bent down to quickly pick up her books and the papers that had made it safely on the ground, not wet. The rest, she’s just going to have to waste her night trying to write her answers on notebook paper. Sehun glanced left, right, then left again before dashing across the street to the girl who happens to be his neighbor and classmate.

He stood in front of her, and Minyoung looked up. Sehun smiled a bit, bent down to gather her books. “Why didn’t you stop them and do something as revenge?” Sehun asked. Minyoung looked at him, then down at her two other textbooks, swiftly standing up straightly with the books in hand. She avoided eye contact with him and turned to walk away. Sehun grabbed her arm before she could move an inch, “Hey, where are you going?” he asked. Minyoung hung her head low as she clutched onto her books tightly to her chest as she started to walk again with Sehun following behind. Sehun blinked to the girl’s weird actions. Just the first day they met, the two had gotten along well, now, it seemed as if she didn’t want to see him anymore. The two walked to their neighborhood in silence, once they approached Minyoung’s house, she turned to him and held her hand out, and Sehun handed her the books he had carried. She said a soft thank you and quickly walked into her house without another word. Sehun on the other hand, was confused with her acts. Was she being shy? Whatever it is, Sehun is completely conflicted.

He turned to walk to his house, but stopped when he found Suho exit his house. Suho’s house was the only other house that was in the same neighborhood as Sehun and Minyoung. *Maybe he knows...* “Hyung!” Sehun called out, getting Suho’s attention and the young boy jogged over to the older.
“Sehun, shouldn’t you be with your grandmother?” Suho asked.
Sehun blinked and shook his head, “Nah, I just have something to ask you about,” he said.
Suho nodded, “Alright. Come inside then, it’s freezing!” he said and the grandfather rushed inside the house with Sehun following behind.

As soon as Sehun and Suho sat down, Sehun asked Suho about Minyoung. He later found out that she wasn’t very well liked in high school. She buried herself in school work a lot, and doesn’t really get much sleep per day. Suho explained how the girl started having problems at home between her and her brother, but ever since the year before, things started to turn normal, except for Minyoung. Sehun started to realize that the Minyoung before was the Minyoung now, and had compared her to the girl now, and the girl then. She changed more than her friends did. She was a cheerful, carefree, smiling girl who always drew him pictures that he had always rejected. The girl had friends, many friends in fact. But how can she suddenly lose all of her friends and end up making people start disliking her. Suho nothing further and only knew the details that her parents had told his parents. Usually the old man wouldn’t let out secrets, but since Sehun was her old crush, might as well. Sehun’s only question that stuck to him as he exited the house and started walking to his own, was: What made people hate the way she is? And what’s the reason to why she’s ignoring me?

He suddenly remembered Chanyeol’s comment back then about her, how no one liked her. How could anyone not like her? Yes, the girl did suddenly become too focused on her studies, but it didn’t mean that her friends could ditch her or anyone could start hating her. To Sehun, from what he had heard, the girl seemed like an innocent girl, almost fragile as ice. She shows a brave face, but once you touch her, she’ll break into a million pieces. Hundreds of questions came to him, and another started to make him think: Why do I even care about this? I know nothing about her, and I never had any interest in her. Shaking his head, he entered his house, being greeted by his grandmother’s toy poodle dog.


Short update for you guys! Don’t worry! Next week, I’ll give you guys a lot of updates! Spring break! :D
EYY. Don’t hate LEDApple. ;; I’ll still work on EXO stories! Just not often. Of course I’ll continue to work on this story till the end! Ad below.

E Y ! D O N ‘ T B E S H Y !
PAPER PLANES
F T . L E D A P P L E & O C
B Y : L J O E HO L I C